PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'm boned now.

Schubalts
Apr 4, 2007, 09:38 PM
Short story made short:
Dad > Disabled veterans check. Money for him and me, as I am in college and under 21. He says says it's to pay for tuition and some spending money. If I leave school, I get no check(as in, just me; he would still get his). This is being used to somehow keep me from dropping out.

And before anyone says it: I pretty much said I don't want to go to a college that is basically just high school with a flexible schedule. They then get upset when I openly show that I don't care about this place, and there was a real shitstorm when I lost my scholarship. I offered to get a job instead, but they pull the "We never went to college. You should stay in." thing.

I need a nap now.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 5, 2007, 12:27 AM
Find a school that you'd rather go to, and work to get transfered there. College is a good time to buckle down and do what simply needs to be done so that you can get ready for the rest of your life. Think of it. You need only devote your life to this one thing for four years or so (maybe up to 7, if you're going for something especially lofty), and then you'll be prepared for your career; therefore, the rest of your life. That's really what it's all about.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 5, 2007, 12:39 AM
Just remember your not bowned yet.
b-owned
_^_You are here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Anyway, have a talk with your dad, and maybe have something that can go with a comprimise.
Say, you can still go to college, and find things that interest you. Anything that interests you, go for it, and work really hard to get it. Therefore, everyone is happy.

roygbiv
Apr 5, 2007, 01:04 AM
if college is like highschool with a flexible schedule something is going wrong? OH GOD!

Solstis
Apr 5, 2007, 01:21 AM
I thought that college is just highschool with a flexible schedule. And different subjects.