PDA

View Full Version : Online parties with NPCs.

StanleyPain
Apr 5, 2007, 04:50 PM
I realize this is probably a newb question, but I just restarting playing online after a few months offline, and I cannot for the life of me remember if it is possible to get more than one NPC partner card for online play.

I know you get one partner card depending on your race (your tutor at the beginning). Can you get other NPCs in your party (besides your evolved PM).

I searched for the answer, but just found a ton of topics dealing with PMs or offline mode, so forgive if this is a "getting old" question.

Amalga
Apr 5, 2007, 05:01 PM
Yes, it's quite possible. You have to do the Online Story missions (accessible through the Guardians HQ) and complete them in order to receive an NPC's partner card. Currently, only Lou and Laia Martinez are available (people seem to be unable to acquire Hyuga's).

EDIT: Hyuga. My mistake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amalga on 2007-04-05 15:54 ]</font>

Kinako78
Apr 5, 2007, 05:13 PM
Who's Ryuga?

StanleyPain
Apr 5, 2007, 06:01 PM
Holy crap... I didn't even KNOW about the online story missions! Wow..I'm glad I came back.

Guarionex
Apr 5, 2007, 06:11 PM
On 2007-04-05 15:01, Amalga wrote:
Yes, it's quite possible. You have to do the Online Story missions (accessible through the Guardians HQ) and complete them in order to receive an NPC's partner card. Currently, only Lou and Laia Martinez are available (people seem to be unable to acquire Hyuga's).

You forgot Maya. I was going to say that I HAVE Hyuga's card with both my characters, until I remembered both of them are human.
But then I remembered that my brother has him too, and his characters are newman and CAST.

Kinako78
Apr 5, 2007, 06:12 PM
Oh, I got Hyuga's partner card after finishing the tutorial.

StanleyPain
Apr 5, 2007, 06:35 PM
Well, don't forget, your first partner card is based on your race. I don't think it's possible to get certain partners if you're not a certain race, right?

Guarionex
Apr 5, 2007, 06:38 PM
yeah, so far the only exclusive NPC is Leo, since beasts get him as a tutor. What I meant was that my brother, not having human characters got Hyuga as a playable NPC. (Playable Non Playable Character? Ah. you get the idea, I hope)
I found odd the comment on the second post about people seeming to not be able to get him as a NPC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guarionex on 2007-04-05 16:39 ]</font>

Kinako78
Apr 5, 2007, 07:10 PM
On 2007-04-05 16:35, StanleyPain wrote:
Well, don't forget, your first partner card is based on your race. I don't think it's possible to get certain partners if you're not a certain race, right?

Well, I was responding to what amalga said about no one getting Hyuga's partner card.

NPCMook
Apr 5, 2007, 08:26 PM
I think my Beast has Hyuga's card I can't currently check since I'm at work o.o

I thought it was Leo's people couldn't get?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NPCMook on 2007-04-05 18:27 ]</font>

LoopBeatstalker
Apr 5, 2007, 08:59 PM
i got mark spybey's card

Amalga
Apr 5, 2007, 10:04 PM
Not "no one." "People."

I've heard several complaints that people have been unable to acquire Hyuga's card through the missions. Tutorials are a different story. CASTs get Lou. Beasts, I guess, get Leo. I'm assuming Newmans get Maya and Humans get Hyuga. Assuming. But depending on your race, some NPCs are only accessible through the completion of Online Story missions.

Zorafim
Apr 5, 2007, 10:19 PM
You can use Laia, Lou, Maya, and Hyuga so far. You get each of these NPCs except Laia from simply completing your tutorial. None of these NPCs are worth having in your party.
Beasts get Leo from their tutorial.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 5, 2007, 10:45 PM
the above poster is incorrect. If you are soloing looking for an item, not for a rank, NPCs are very useful, if only for the fact that it will distract enemies from you!

THE JACKEL

Trioxin13
Apr 5, 2007, 11:05 PM
I had gotten Laia, Lou, Maya, and Hyuga's cards when I did the story missions.
Maybe it's something SEGA did with an update that messed it up, causing people not to get Hyuga's, but you should be able to get it.

I remember grouping with a friend and put him in group as a joke, cause she hated him so much, then replaced him with Laia before we started.

I was a Cast so I know it didn't come from my tutorial.

Amalga
Apr 6, 2007, 10:45 PM
On 2007-04-05 21:05, Trioxin13 wrote:
I had gotten Laia, Lou, Maya, and Hyuga's cards when I did the story missions.

Which story mission did Hyuga's card come from? I haven't bothered to progress past the one where you needed to turn on all terminals within a minute of each other.

DurakkenX
Apr 6, 2007, 10:53 PM
v.v

You get

beast = Leo
CAST = Lou
Human = Hyuga
Newman = Maya

THEN with online story mode

ch1 = Laia
ch2or3 = Lou
ch3or4 = Hyuga
ch4or5 = Maya

You cannot get Leo currently without starting as a beast.

If you start as a beast you will get...
Leo, Laia, Lou, Hyuga, and Maya
if you start as anything else you will get...
Lou/Maya/Hyuga, Laia, noone or Lou, noone or Hyuga, and noone or Maya
in that order.