PDA

View Full Version : CAST ForteFighter dilemma.

Undead
Apr 6, 2007, 03:54 AM
Ah, right. So I made a CAST, originally thinking I would be using guns. I found out that I like fighting better, and now I'm a 62/63, level 9 FF, and a CAST.

There's no doubt that beasts are meant for the job, but, all I'm really asking for is some feedback.

I love daggers, double swords, and, that's pretty much it.

Would I be better off as a Fighgunner?

Thanks.

EDIT: Actually, if anybody has a list of each class and how high their photon arts go, I'd really appreciate it. I tried PSUpedia, but I'm really not good at navigating that site, so I couldn't find anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Undead on 2007-04-06 02:00 ]</font>

Flame6
Apr 6, 2007, 04:11 AM
Type Special Ability Limits
HU RA FO FG GT WT fF fG fT PT
Skills 20 10 1 30 10 20 30 10 1 30
Bullets 10 20 10 20 30 10 10 30 30 30
Technics -- -- 20 -- 10 20 -- -- 30 --

sorry its spaced funny...but you sould be able to line it up or [http://www.psupedia.info/index.php?title=Classes]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flame6 on 2007-04-06 02:14 ]</font>

imfanboy
Apr 6, 2007, 04:11 AM
Really, CASTs are better at Fortefighter than Beasts - while they have lower ATP, they also have far superior ATA. Fortefighter has plenty of ATP, what it needs is ATA...

Of course, they make perfectly fine figunners, too.

You should use double handguns if you're a figunner, however; it's about the best ranged option that you can. And you'll look a n00b if you don't have some kind of gun when you go to De Ragan/Ragnus/Onmagoug/Dimmagoulus/Dulk Fakis/Zoalgoug fights.

Mewnie
Apr 6, 2007, 04:12 AM
yeah, just what we need, more noobgunners X3

Undead
Apr 6, 2007, 04:14 AM
Thank you for replying. I see the list now, but I guess nobody has the stats for level 30 Protranser? I was thinking about making a human one, though I really don't want to start over.

I like what my cast has become since level 1 days, though most people on the 360 servers think I'm... you know, that one word that kids use. Anyways, I plan on staying FF with my CAST for now. After looking at the chart that was kindly provided, I really see no point in carrying an S rank dagger if the PA only goes to 10.

AC9breaker
Apr 6, 2007, 04:17 AM
Casts also have the best defense.

Deja_Vu
Apr 6, 2007, 05:26 AM
It's really just a preference. I hated fighgunner because of the lower atp/dfp, after being Fortefighter for so long. The doublesaber isn't that great, it's not bad though. The guns were nice but I am fine with my trusty handgun. It's really up to you though, whichever fits your playing style

Esufer
Apr 6, 2007, 05:35 AM
I switched to ForteFighter. ^_^

I can now one shot Vil De Bears with my Jogiri. (onCrankbutshhhthatdoesn'tmatteritsoundscool.)

It's more fun than FighGunner, and you're a lot more durable, and actually contribute to the DPS, rather than the Fighgunners' seemingly compulsory task of Tornado Dancing everything all the way to India.

idon
Apr 6, 2007, 05:42 AM
I'm a Cast FG and I love it. I would suggest FG

amtalx
Apr 6, 2007, 06:46 AM
Since you've almost capped FF, I'd say get to FF 10 and switch to Fighgunner. With S2 labs and all you'll be at 10 in no time, so you can just switch between them depending on your mood. As far as using a Cast, I think they are great for anything that doesnt have -techer in it. Being 2nd in HP and ATP and 1st in ATA and DFP is nice.

Skids
Apr 6, 2007, 06:55 AM
At the moment. I am a male cast fighgunner. Its a fun class. The stats are good. At level 70 you feel like a tank. Stats are good. Weapon wise with the exception of axes. You can continue to use your favorite melee weapon up to level 30 photon art level. With the doublesabers their fun and good on pp effiency on spiral dance and gravity dance. The gun options. You can raise your hand gun stuff to level 20 and the double hand guns are great. You an deal a lot of damage on those babies. Machine gun various. Its fun but you feel like you go throught it alot. Haven't try the crossbows yet so I can't say on that. Plus trap wise your big one would be fire trap g and poion trap g.

Allison_W
Apr 6, 2007, 07:05 AM
Actually, as far as -techer classes for CASTs, I hear CASTs make right sweet Wartechers and Guntechers, too, since they tend to be more oriented towards using support techniques than attack techniques, and most support techniques don't use TP.

Even as a Fortetecher, CASTs still exceed all other races in archery--though I'd honestly suggest going Guntecher for that, especially since Guntechers appear to be getting upgraded bow access in the future.

However, I think everyone's giving you the right story on CASTs being perfectly good Fortefighters--don't worry about your ATP being less than that of a beast. CASTs still have the second-best ATP in the game, and the best ATA where beasts have the worst; even at lower levels, I'm finding my beast Hunter piles up a few too many ugly 0s for my taste.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 6, 2007, 07:40 AM
If you like using mostly Twin Daggers and Sabers(I'm assuming you mean Twin Sabers), then maybe you'd be better off staying as Fortefighter. Being a Fortefighter doesn't mean having to use an axe btw. And dammit, what the hell with the association with Fighgunners and Double Sabers? When my human is a Fighgunner, he almost NEVER uses a Double Saber. But you can always switch to both classes if you wish. My human has both Fortefighter and Fighgunner capped out, although he'll probably never touch Fighgunner again in the expansion when [hopefully] Acrofighter comes along.

Angelo
Apr 6, 2007, 07:52 AM
While I wouldn't go saying a CAST Ff is better than a Beast, I wouldn't say a Beast Ff is better than a CAST. They are both different and play differently.

CASTs on their own are actually a bit more proficient with Axes (yes, as a Beast who loves his axe like a redneck loves his gun, it's hard to admit) due to the fact they, as weapons, have significantly low ATA.

As fighters, CASTs have no 'hole' in them, as racially their only major downside is lack of magix (TP and MST)!!

Due to the fact CASTs have no 'holes' in their stats like this when fighting, they are probably much better solo Fortefighters than Beasts. However a Beast with the proper buffs and team will probably outshine a CAST Ff.

CASTs make excellent fighters, I would probably be playing one if I didn't love Nanoblasting so much.

Also consider that your SUVs are effected by your class type's stats. So you will be doing significantly more damage with your SUV than your Ranger CAST buddies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2007-04-06 05:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2007-04-06 05:55 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 6, 2007, 08:01 AM
Well, I think Beast Fortefighters may be best using things like Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, and Fists since Beasts have REALLY high ATP and these weapons have high ATA which Beasts need. CASTs and Newmans Fortefighters would be best off using Axes, Swords, and Spears. Humans can use whatever the hell they want as Fortefighters cuz were awesome. But this is just a guide, in the end, you can still play however you want to play.

Tekershee
Apr 6, 2007, 08:15 AM
I tried Cast GT upto about level 55/9 and got quite bored. Switched to FF since then and it's been great.

I have considered going fighgunner too but I seriously can't be bothered. :/

RadiantLegend
Apr 6, 2007, 08:52 AM
Been a cast fF is great, sure you dont have the beast ATP but your ata wont fail you.

Shinou
Apr 6, 2007, 09:05 AM
On 2007-04-06 02:12, Mewnie wrote:
yeah, just what we need, more noobgunners X3

I'm tired of the fighgunner hate...theres a noob to every class. Not everyone who plays a fG is a noob. I guess once we get acrofighters you'll be callin' them noobs too huh? Cause im pretty sure a majority of players will switch to that class.

KamiSori
Apr 6, 2007, 11:39 AM
sorry if this is a little off topic but if sega wasnt dumb enough to give Fighgunners EXCLUSIVE access to double sabers we would probably see a lot less of them. as a player who has played as a beast, cast, and human and has tried Fortegunner, Fortefighter, Wartecher, and Fighgunner I can still say that the double saber is still my favorite weapon (with twin handguns following). but playing my fighgunner recently i actually felt some of that hate. i would be invited to a party only to be kicked shortly after being told "sorry dont need fighgunners".....X/ theres just too many of them.

on topic i too recommend casts as fortefighters because of their ATA, it just balances out almost perfectly. casts are seriously by far the superior race in this game (much to my discontent, BALANCE PEOPLE!). they make the best or second best out of every single class except Fortetecher.

Mewnie
Apr 6, 2007, 12:13 PM
On 2007-04-06 07:05, Shinou wrote:
I guess once we get acrofighters you'll be callin' them noobs too huh? Cause im pretty sure a majority of players will switch to that class.

Nope.

Seeing as the noobgunners will stay noobgunners, cause OMG THEY HAS TEH DOBLESABARS!!!111oneoneeleven

SolomonGrundy
Apr 6, 2007, 12:36 PM
On topic: Fortefighter CAST is a great class. They get a little ranged help, via thier SUVs (and can set things on fire as well). Best defense in game, and top notch ATA as well (though honestly, all that potential for ATA is a little wasted as a Fortefighter.

The only thing a beast has, really, is some flexibility with nanoblast. It is great not to have to worry about anything with the invulnerability blast - and the mobility of nanoblasts is first rate.

Off topic: playing a Figunner is like hitting the easy button. Yes, they have lower DFP, but such better weapon selection: twin handgun, machine guns and double saber > axe Not to mention then +2 stamina. I play with a female beast FiGunner, who wears dark armor and mega stamina and she never gets incapacitated by megids

Allison_W
Apr 6, 2007, 12:59 PM
On 2007-04-06 10:36, SolomonGrundy wrote:
On topic: Fortefighter CAST is a great class. They get a little ranged help, via thier SUVs (and can set things on fire as well). Best defense in game, and top notch ATA as well (though honestly, all that potential for ATA is a little wasted as a Fortefighter.

The only thing a beast has, really, is some flexibility with nanoblast. It is great not to have to worry about anything with the invulnerability blast - and the mobility of nanoblasts is first rate.

Off topic: playing a Figunner is like hitting the easy button. Yes, they have lower DFP, but such better weapon selection: twin handgun, machine guns and double saber > axe Not to mention then +2 stamina. I play with a female beast FiGunner, who wears dark armor and mega stamina and she never gets incapacitated by megids

Incidentally, I'd be more tempted to say that Fortegunner ATA wastes more of the CAST's ATA potential than Fortefighter--considering that an fG's ATA multiplier is sufficient that even beasts are Quite Good as fGs, CAST ATA would, by comparison, be a little overkill. In contrast, Fortefighters really do need more ATA, and that's why CASTs make good fFs.

XenithFlare
Apr 6, 2007, 02:11 PM
I'm really not understanding the Fighgunner hate. Double Saber PAs, when properly leveled, do massive amounts of damage. Their exclusivity is a GOOD thing; it wouldn't be much fun if no class had a weapon to call their own (as is the case with the expansion)... I play a CAST Fortegunner/Fighgunner (/soon to be Fortefighter, as soon as I can be bothered to get Hunter to lv10), and while I don't use Double Sabers exclusively, they're a welcome addition to my arsenal. If you get kicked for being a Fighgunner, then you didn't need to party with assholes like that, anyway.

Please don't insult Fighgunner needlessly; it only makes you a noob, yourself.

Cerberus1981
Apr 6, 2007, 03:14 PM
I'm a L76 Cast maxed out fortefighter and it works quite well just as long as you don't really want to solo, it can be done but it gets expensive, you take a hell of a beating and you really need specific % weapons to put monsters down quickly or you will get through your trimates quickly. The good news is you can do some serious damage and you can usually take the beatings because you have so much health (I'm pushing 2400 hp). Plus it's good to break out a Sturm SUV and do 600+ damage with every hit and a further 600+ with every burn (with the Grom I do over a 1000 damage with every hit), I don't think I've ever seen a Cast gunner do that kind of damage with a SUV.

I always used to use a lot of axes which are great for doing damage but slooooooow, I can do 1700ish damage with every one of the three combos of a maxed out Dugrega but it does miss a bit. The Katsuno-zashi with the ultimate PA has recently become my weapon of choice, it does nowhere near the level of damage my Pikors do but it's much faster, you can chain together a load of moves and I find myself levelling much quicker because I get so many more of the final hits on enemies, great for mobs too as you can stand in the middle and just go mental swinging your blades around like yoyos.

I would reccomend you get yourself a decent grinded C or B rank hand gun, I have a Ortotore that has been grinded 5 times and with maxed out ice bullet (L10) when I'm buffed I do a decent 225 damage on S2 Jarbas and NEVER miss. If you run S2 Labs then Gi-senba with Mega/Rainbow is the way to go, Meggid will kill you whatever you are wearing but with that combination and your high hp you will be able to survive Jarba ice since chances are you will be in close fighting them.

It's definitely a fun way to play, I don't often find many in a party that can do as much damage to enemies as quickly as I can but the fact that you have to get close to enemies means you are going to be using your share of scapes and trimates or you are going to be very dependent on a force.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-04-06 13:30 ]</font>

AweOfShe
Apr 6, 2007, 04:22 PM
EDIT: Maybe I should put the on-topic part first. :P

On-topic: I actually suggest at least TRYING out Fighgunner. With high MP missions at your disposal, it won't take a lot of effort to get it to a high level to see if you like it enough or not... right? :P

Just remember, like every other hybrid, don't expect to compare some stats to that of a Forte class. Also, as a Fighgunner, you have ranged weapons at your disposal, as well as traps. Don't be too heavily dependant on melee. If you use burn/poison traps correctly, you can expect your overall contribution of damage to compare to any forte class. Just keep that in mind. :P

-----

On 2007-04-06 10:13, Mewnie wrote:

On 2007-04-06 07:05, Shinou wrote:
I guess once we get acrofighters you'll be callin' them noobs too huh? Cause im pretty sure a majority of players will switch to that class.

Nope.

Seeing as the noobgunners will stay noobgunners, cause OMG THEY HAS TEH DOBLESABARS!!!111oneoneeleven

And while we're being over-generalizing ass-hats!

- Wartechers think they are Forte Fighters and Forte Techers, and think they are leet, being able to use melee and techs. End up trying to fight like a Forte Fighter, does 10 damage a hit, and complain that their damage is too low. Then they pretend they are Forte Techers, cast Diga and do a whopping 30 damage, and starts complaining again about their technic damage being too low. All the while, they aren't casting Support techs of ANY kind, then blames their misfortune on the Fighgunner, for being the only class able to use Double Sabers, and quits.

- Guntechers are idiots who are in denial about their level 10 Technics, and try to compensate by pretending they're Forte Gunners with Kikamis and Bows, forgetting that the Forte Techers also have access to those and level 30 bullets, and also forgetting that any other guns are classified as guns, AND forgetting that they have traps. They also go out of their way, getting themselves killed, by pretending they are Forte Techers, by trying to heal the Forte Fighter, who has the non-resta casting asshole Wartecher right beside him. The Guntecher then blames the Fighgunner when he dies, for not doing his job correctly.

- Protransers, like Wartechers, are trying to be something they're not. They're either in the frontlines, trying to be a Forte Fighter doing no damage, and dying in 2 hits, or in the back, trying to be a Forte Gunner, doing no damage and somehow, also dying in 2 hits. They don't realise that traps do more damage than they can do, doing a full 3 hit combo ending with a level 30 PA combo, and ends up blaming the Fighgunner for not using his traps.

- Forte Gunners are too busy bragging about not missing anything to even bother using traps, while continuously shooting and doing 10 damage. They are either plastered to the ground with their rifles, not dodging Megid or Barta, or they are running up to Kamatoze and Jarbas with a shotgun, resulting in their immediate slaughter by Dambarta. Upon dying, they blame the Fighgunner for not distracting the enemies.

- Forte Techers are elitists, too busy masturbating to the high damage of Diga and Dambarta to even bother healing and/or buffing/debuffing, and says that holding down a button is some serious "mad skeelz". All the while, the Forte Fighter dies from getting spun attacked by the Bill de Vear, the Guntecher running out of PP because the Wartecher won't help heal, the Forte Gunner runs outside refilling his PP, and the Forte Techer then blames the Fighgunner for when they all get killed.

- Forte Fighters are meatheads, that run into mobs from the front with Axes swinging, doing nothing but a full combo of misses. When they actually do hit, like the Forte Techer, they immidiately start masturbating to the massive damage they do land. Then die, because the Forte Techer, Wartecher, and Guntecher are too busy in the back having an orgy to even bother supporting, but they blame the Fighgunner for not using his Sols and Stars.

I HATE every class. BLAH BLAH ALL NOOBS BLAH BLAH WHINE MOAN. I QUIT GUYS I'M GOING ON THE 360.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-04-06 14:26 ]</font>

ShadowHado
Apr 6, 2007, 04:30 PM
after playing Hunter/Fortefighter since the game came out, I recently switched to Fortegunner. If you like to solo/hunt rares and rappies (which I do), Fortegunner is much better. Even in a party, the status effects from guns is extremely helpful.

If you have a Fortefighter with really high elemental weapons (which I did), you can do excessive damage, but unless you are in a party 4 or bigger, you are gonna be spending a ton on mates and recharge.

Fortegunner doesn't have that problem, and so far I enjoy rifles alot.

Just my $.02

~~Nate

ShadowHado
Apr 6, 2007, 04:36 PM
On 2007-04-06 14:22, AweOfShe wrote:

I HATE every class. BLAH BLAH ALL NOOBS BLAH BLAH WHINE MOAN. I QUIT GUYS I'M GOING ON THE 360.

You made a lot of very valid points, alot of people do act the way you explained. However, I DO play on 360, and the economy is better, and overall you can find a ton of well-balanced, experienced parties to join. I mean naturally the idiots are around too, but I just ignore that.

I just want more S2's to drop, so that Lab Recovery won't be the only mission you find people on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AweOfShe
Apr 6, 2007, 04:38 PM
I wasn't serious at all, in that whole part. The whole 360 thing is just an inside joke in regards to the whole "OMG HAX? I QUIT AND GOING ON 360". I'm actually going to own PSU 360 at some point and play on both servers, so yeah. Don't read into it too much. That line's not at all meant to be offensive. :P

EDIT: God my grammar sucks... >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-04-06 14:43 ]</font>

Scion
Apr 6, 2007, 04:39 PM
OMGAWD!!! YOU POSTED IT!!!

You rock, Rain. Like...fo serious...LMAO! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MAD SKEELZ, yo!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-04-06 14:45 ]</font>

Micro
Apr 6, 2007, 04:41 PM
On 2007-04-06 14:22, AweOfShe wrote:

And while we're being over-generalizing ass-hats!

- Wartechers think they are Forte Fighters and Forte Techers, and think they are leet, being able to use melee and techs. End up trying to fight like a Forte Fighter, does 10 damage a hit, and complain that their damage is too low. Then they pretend they are Forte Techers, cast Diga and do a whopping 30 damage, and starts complaining again about their technic damage being too low. All the while, they aren't casting Support techs of ANY kind, then blames their misfortune on the Fighgunner, for being the only class able to use Double Sabers, and quits.

- Guntechers are idiots who are in denial about their level 10 Technics, and try to compensate by pretending they're Forte Gunners with Kikamis and Bows, forgetting that the Forte Techers also have access to those and level 30 bullets, and also forgetting that any other guns are classified as guns, AND forgetting that they have traps. They also go out of their way, getting themselves killed, by pretending they are Forte Techers, by trying to heal the Forte Fighter, who has the non-resta casting asshole Wartecher right beside him. The Guntecher then blames the Fighgunner when he dies, for not doing his job correctly.

- Protransers, like Wartechers, are trying to be something they're not. They're either in the frontlines, trying to be a Forte Fighter doing no damage, and dying in 2 hits, or in the back, trying to be a Forte Gunner, doing no damage and somehow, also dying in 2 hits. They don't realise that traps do more damage than they can do, doing a full 3 hit combo ending with a level 30 PA combo, and ends up blaming the Fighgunner for not using his traps.

- Forte Gunners are too busy bragging about not missing anything to even bother using traps, while continuously shooting and doing 10 damage. They are either plastered to the ground with their rifles, not dodging Megid or Barta, or they are running up to Kamatoze and Jarbas with a shotgun, resulting in their immediate slaughter by Dambarta. Upon dying, they blame the Fighgunner for not distracting the enemies.

- Forte Techers are elitists, too busy masturbating to the high damage of Diga and Dambarta to even bother healing and/or buffing/debuffing, and says that holding down a button is some serious "mad skeelz". All the while, the Forte Fighter dies from getting spun attacked by the Bill de Vear, the Guntecher running out of PP because the Wartecher won't help heal, the Forte Gunner runs outside refilling his PP, and the Forte Techer then blames the Fighgunner for when they all get killed.

- Forte Fighters are meatheads, that run into mobs from the front with Axes swinging, doing nothing but a full combo of misses. When they actually do hit, like the Forte Techer, they immidiately start masturbating to the massive damage they do land. Then die, because the Forte Techer, Wartecher, and Guntecher are too busy in the back having an orgy to even bother supporting, but they blame the Fighgunner for not using his Sols and Stars.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-04-06 14:26 ]</font>

I can't breathe XD

Ash1ey
Apr 6, 2007, 04:43 PM
On 2007-04-06 14:39, Hikaru-san wrote:

You rock, Rain. Like...fo serious...LMAO! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

second'd

Mewnie
Apr 6, 2007, 04:58 PM
On 2007-04-06 14:39, Hikaru-san wrote:

MAD SKEELZ, yo!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-04-06 14:45 ]</font>

YAH U SURE SHOWD ME LAWLZ

Mewnie
Apr 6, 2007, 05:04 PM
Figunners that know how to do thier job and not wield a full pallete of doublesabers and tornado dance everything all over god's green earth...those rare ones get kudos from me.

Sadly, most seem to be double saber fetishists X3

Please, post another TL;DR for me, since you certainly don't take this seriously

SolomonGrundy
Apr 6, 2007, 05:35 PM
that's the thing: Figunners don't really have to know how to do thier job and still seem to 'get by' , where as fortefighters, because their scope is so narrow, rally have to "know thier role"

Every other class has access to Status effects either via bullets, or techs (AND traps). Fortefighter is the only class SOL in this regard. And for what? some PP reduction and some HP/ATP/DFP? believe tis: anything that poses a serious threat to a Figunner poses that same threat to a fortefighter. Fortefighters jut have fewer ways of dealing with it.

Mewnie
Apr 6, 2007, 05:50 PM
Hee.. well, as a Fortefighter, you're going in and taking hits and dealing out punishment so the rangers and forces don't have to take on on thier glass chins ;3 A Fortefighter's SE is the ranger on the sidelines shooting stuff :3

Big, multi-hit weapons work nicely, although knockback isn't something I like to use a LOT. Tornado Break combos one and two are JAWSOME for CC. While leveling it up, I'd just have smart Forces follow me, AoEing and healing me up. They never got touched :3

And Dus Roboado is nice too.

Shinou
Apr 6, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-04-06 15:04, Mewnie wrote:
Figunners that know how to do thier job and not wield a full pallete of doublesabers and tornado dance everything all over god's green earth...those rare ones get kudos from me.

Sadly, most seem to be double saber fetishists X3

Please, post another TL;DR for me, since you certainly don't take this seriously

In all honesty of my time playing PSU and ever since ulti PAs were introduced I've only seen TWO fighgunners use Tornado Dance. Surprisingly not all fGs use tornado dance nor do they spam double sabers and im one of them.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 6, 2007, 07:17 PM
On 2007-04-06 03:35, Esufer wrote:
I switched to ForteFighter. ^_^

I can now one shot Vil De Bears with my Jogiri. (onCrankbutshhhthatdoesn'tmatteritsoundscool.)

It's more fun than FighGunner, and you're a lot more durable, and actually contribute to the DPS, rather than the Fighgunners' seemingly compulsory task of Tornado Dancing everything all the way to India.

Tornado Dance or Sprial Dance? Sprial dance is the one where you launch yourself 20 feet as well

Mystil
Apr 6, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-04-06 02:11, imfanboy wrote:
Really, CASTs are better at Fortefighter than Beasts - while they have lower ATP, they also have far superior ATA. Fortefighter has plenty of ATP, what it needs is ATA...

Beast "D" in ATA is overrated. There are no issues with our ATA at all. CAST has the highest DFP of all races. That alone makes them ideal fighters. We are second behind them in DFP, but there is a noticable gap.

ShadowHado
Apr 6, 2007, 11:28 PM
On 2007-04-06 14:38, AweOfShe wrote:
I wasn't serious at all, in that whole part. The whole 360 thing is just an inside joke in regards to the whole "OMG HAX? I QUIT AND GOING ON 360". I'm actually going to own PSU 360 at some point and play on both servers, so yeah. Don't read into it too much. That line's not at all meant to be offensive. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: God my grammar sucks... >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-04-06 14:43 ]</font>

Oh I didn't take it offensively or anything, I was just saying it's very enjoyable online.

As for the OMG H4X!!! I dunno what to say to that lol. I've been playing PC FPS for years and years, and everyone gets hacked, mainly Counter-Strike heh. You just have to find a way around it. The only thing that's harder for PSU players, is that it caused the economy to get messed up. I'm not saying I couldn't enjoy playing on PC, I'm saying I'm glad I started on 360 because I've put hundreds and hundreds of hours in, and I wouldn't want what I've done to be nulled by inf. meseta drops (way back in the day).

So, how is the economy holding up now on PC? I'm still interested in playing it at some point, mainly because it seems alot of the vets from PSO are playing PC.

ShadowHado
Apr 6, 2007, 11:30 PM
As for the whole skills thing everyone is talking about...

I will take Heavy Twins and Assault Crush for the win.

DurakkenX
Apr 6, 2007, 11:34 PM
you know...i find it rather humorous that i have described rangers in the past as a sort of enmity control and with that it makes them a form of a tank and guess who has the DFP who just happens to have the best accuracy which makes them that much better at aggro control... go figure.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 6, 2007, 11:45 PM
FG hurr

I do my job: dualies, one DS, non-spammage, etc.

also Rain when I finally bothered to look thru the posts and read yours, you made my day

also when I meet with fellow FG (which i tend to hardly even see anymore, but it could be from not even carrying around DS's, making them indistinguishable) i tend to see the more responsible ones I really don't know where you guys find your noobs

SolRiver
Apr 7, 2007, 02:41 AM
Cast is a tank, beast is a damage dealer.

Cast can put themselves between caster and monsters, and do amzing things. Beast need to rely almost completely from back attack in order to bring the max potential out.

If you compare to other games... beast are rouge/assassin and cast are knights.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 7, 2007, 03:43 AM
Let's see, Cast get:

The best DFP
The best ATA
Good HP
Good ATP
Access to a long-ranged special as a fortefighter which no one else can get.

You'll have no problems being a ff. So go ahead, enjoy being spoiled with that goodness.

Mystil
Apr 7, 2007, 01:15 PM
On 2007-04-07 00:41, SolRiver wrote:

Cast can put themselves between caster and monsters, and do amzing things. Beast need to rely almost completely from back attack in order to bring the max potential out.

No. No. And no.

SolRiver
Apr 7, 2007, 10:45 PM
On 2007-04-07 11:15, Mystil wrote:

On 2007-04-07 00:41, SolRiver wrote:

No. No. And no.

In case I wasn't clear enough, I did not meant anything about defense. Cast can attack and PA from the front of the monster and still hit, beast can not (well, they can, but rather not gamble).

Pengfishh
Apr 8, 2007, 01:44 AM
GO ON, CHILD!