PDA

View Full Version : Recycling a character

Criss
Apr 6, 2007, 02:56 PM
When I first started playing PSU online, I made a female cast ranger and eventually got her to lv 42, fG 1. But after a while, I read things about Guntechers and felt like trying it out, so I created a female beast GT, somewhat as a challenge because of the low ATA. But I liked playing GT so much that... my GT became my main character, and I pretty much ditched my original caseal.

Now everytime I log in and see that level 42 character with over 100+ hours, it pains me. Because I know I don't use it, and probably won't ever use it as a fG since I already have my GT as a gunner character. So I've been thinking of maybe going for a whole different class altogether with my caseal, but I have no idea which. I would appreciate if some of you could give me suggestions or ideas on what job I could make her into to make the character more interesting to play.

For information, I have lv 21 Burning Shot, lv 16 Dark Shot and lv 20 Barada Riga (the rest aren't leveled enough to really matter). I'd love trying a more melee-style of class, but something that would allow me to keep using some of these bullets could be nice (but not necessary).

Thanks in advance ^.^

Guarionex
Apr 6, 2007, 03:52 PM
Have you considered Fighgunner? you won't be able to use those bullets as one, but you get a melee oriented class that can use twin handguns, mechguns and crossbows.
Or you could go protranser, and get lvl 30 of both melee and ranged PA of the big weapons out there.

I kinda know how you feel. I had an almost lvl 30 beast wartecher, but I wanted to use bows, with higher ATA, higher bullets, not too low ATP, but still be a fleshie (had to much clothes to waste http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) so I remade him as human guntecher. He's not my main character, but I have ben using him almost as much as my lvl 62 fighgunner.

Criss
Apr 6, 2007, 05:26 PM
I like having some diversity in weapons, and Fighgunner doesn't seem too appealing to me with all the "noob doublesaber" blabbering going on these days. Fortefighter and protranser seem to be the best choices right now, but I'm still not too sure. But I guess I still have time to decide, since I still need to get hunter leveled for the time being.

Mikaga
Apr 6, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-04-06 12:56, Criss wrote:
Now everytime I log in and see that level 42 character with over 100+ hours, it pains me.
Not to go off-topic, but wouldn't it be great if the expansion allowed you to change the order of your four character slots? I'd always thought that'd make a great addition.

Zorafim
Apr 6, 2007, 06:32 PM
Casts can do well in any class other than fortetecher (even then, it's not bad if you like support), so that character can do anything you want it to. You seem to like ranged weapons, so fortegunner or guntecher seems like a good choice. You already have a guntecher, so it'd make more sense to do fortegunner. You're saying you don't like that job, and you say you want more melee, leaving the three melee classes.

I'd say, try fighgunner. If it doesn't appeal to you, try fortefighter. When the expansion comes out (in what, a year?), you can try the acro jobs. I'm still not sure what acrofighter does, but it still seems like a fighgunner, which may interest you. Acrotecher seems like an all round job with at least lv20 of every PA level, and it doesn't seem like any race would be bad at it. It also seems like overall fun, so it's something to think about. But again, I doubt you'd care to wait a year.

So, pretty much try fortefighter or fighgunner. If you like traps, go ahead with protranser, though they seem bad at anything else.