PDA

View Full Version : Fighgunner troubles

Nobo
Apr 6, 2007, 03:04 PM
I'm a lv 66 fighgunner, so I can use almost any wepon out there but I cant choose one to sub out my one of my ran-misakis. I need some suggestions on some 9* fighgunner weopons and what photon arts I should use with them. Make sure you dont choose one I already have there in my signiture.

Skuda
Apr 6, 2007, 03:11 PM
Deathmaker (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/1180/deathmaker/)?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2007-04-06 13:11 ]</font>

Nobo
Apr 6, 2007, 03:11 PM
tried that didnt work

Baku
Apr 6, 2007, 03:22 PM
all I'm saying is you might wanna re-try those deathmaker. since every figh-not-so-very-gunner tries to set melee everywhere, People forget were part rangers too =(

Skuda
Apr 6, 2007, 03:25 PM
Not to mention, you shouldn't have to limit yourself to just 6 weapons. Especially the melee weapons.

I have a good 30 weapons that I'll switch off to fit whatever situation I'm in. You never know when you'll need a little extra something.

Nobo
Apr 6, 2007, 03:27 PM
ok deathmakers out of the question they suck and there a rip.

AweOfShe
Apr 6, 2007, 03:39 PM
And you based that off what level Bullets? :P

EDIT: I hate smilies... >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-04-06 13:41 ]</font>

Baku
Apr 6, 2007, 03:40 PM
ok since your resistant to deathmakers, try a katsuno-zashi w/ drumline combo. Works for me.

Guarionex
Apr 6, 2007, 03:45 PM
Deathmaker sucks? They have been my saviors in Linear Line!
I'm a lvl 63 fighgunner, and while doing S2 rank mission in Linear Line (Rappy hunting by myself), my deathmakers are what saved me from de delsabans (or however they are called in S missions)

I'm currently using the shock bullets, but I'm considering toswitch them to light. Anyway, as someone alrerady said, you don't have to limit yourself to just 6 weapons.
I have 2 dbl sabers, 2 spears, a sword, fists, twin handguns, crossbow w/claw twin daggers and twin saber.
That's 10 weaps for a 6 weapon pallete. Anyway, I find twin daggers very fun and effective. I have all 3 PAs for (working on leveling up the third one)

Nobo
Apr 6, 2007, 04:39 PM
death makers have 16 more ATP than evil twins id rather get them and Baku do you mean a shiratsuno-zashi with drumline because that actually sounds pretty good.

Baku
Apr 6, 2007, 05:39 PM
doh, dam my love of twin knifes ><. yes a single knife w/ mechgun combo works pretty well.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 6, 2007, 05:48 PM
Twin handguns are damn strong, dont be fooled by just one number, don't forget to add them both up, and at lv 11+ they raep the opposing element

Nobo
Apr 6, 2007, 07:30 PM
Ok will everyone get this straight I bought deathmakers a week ago tried em out, didn't like them, and sold them. case closed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 6, 2007, 07:50 PM
well how long did you try them? and against what enemies and with what element?

jayster
Apr 6, 2007, 08:29 PM
If you don't like twin handguns then don't be a fighgunner. Or you can always just get a full palette of double sabers and spam tornado dance. That or get yourself some deathmakers, fantastic weapons. When you can deal out 300 damage a hit to a jarba, 2 hits at a time, it's devasting. I have deathmakers and evil twins and I noticed about 20 damage more on deathmakers. Plus it makes u look more leet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-04-06 18:52 ]</font>

Nobo
Apr 6, 2007, 08:53 PM
well im not goin forte fighter and i hate how everyone calls fighgunners noobs if they dont have twin hanguns. You have to be lv5 hunter because its mainly fighter with 4 guns you can use which I have 2 and I might get a third.

jayster
Apr 6, 2007, 09:00 PM
Sorry I didn't meen to sound rude so I edited my comment. But I'm a lv 79 fighgunner myself and I find twin handguns the most effective weapon a fighgunner has. Traps plus twin handguns on bullet weak monster then twin daggers and a dagger/ mech gun combo ii beleieve makes fighgunners potentionally a very useful class. But majority of fighgunners only chance class for double sabers and use them inefficently, thus giving us a bad name. If used right, fighgunner can be one of the more devistating classes in game, if ur a beast u get extra atp and you can inflick major damage.

Nobo
Apr 6, 2007, 09:11 PM
Actually when, I became fighgunner my bone dance was the third A rank I got. But, I dont like katsunos very much because its like im getting rip of a strong wepon for a weak one scine I have the ultimate PA to lv 30 everything seems so weak compared to it.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 7, 2007, 12:05 AM
I just realized, if other classes had the DS then FG wouldn't be called noobs, cuz then you'd have (FOR EXAMPLE) a "noob" fF spamming tornado/spiral dance

on topic: You're comparing new/unleveled things to your strongest and most leveled PA, you're not gunna be able to pick anything that way

Skuda
Apr 7, 2007, 12:11 AM
If fF had doublesabers, then it wouldn't be called noobish to use them all the time. This is because fF is a pure melee class.

Fighgunners were built with a melee/ ranged combonation. Those considered noobs are ones who don't make use of the excellent ranged weapons avaliable to their arsonal.

l_Will_l
Apr 7, 2007, 01:07 AM
i mainly use guns when im a fighgunner. i guess thats just me tho. lol like literally im the only one XD

Siertes
Apr 7, 2007, 01:23 AM
*Sigh* Why must S Rank Twin Handguns be wasted on Fighgunners...

I know you don't like them, but I'm with everyone else about the Deathmakers.

Pengfishh
Apr 7, 2007, 01:40 AM
I use Evil Twins just because the name is funny.

Phetty
Apr 7, 2007, 01:47 AM
You seem to be more Melee heavy so Id say Fortefighter is a better fit for you. But if you really want FiG weps I suggest Twin Daggers, Single Dagger+ Maggac/Beam Vulcanic, Twin Sabers, Saber+ Maggac/Beam Vulcanic. Also get Mayalee Fury for your Mech.guns If you can look past the 1% Accurancy and use it right It makes things alot easier. Watching Jarbas dance is fun.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 7, 2007, 02:44 AM
On 2007-04-06 23:23, Siertes wrote:

Fighgunners don't get any ranged S ranks....

Every fighgunner should have at least one pair of twin handguns, I don't care what they are, make them 1* for all I care. Pair that with the ultimate PA, and go ahead and spam your melee attacks, at least that way they'll be more effective.

Either way, I carry 6 deathmakers on me at all times, and usually have 2 in my palette.

Twin handguns are the best quick hit, massive damage, ranged weapon. Any fighgunner who refuses to admit this, is a bad fighgunner.

THE JACKEL

ashley50
Apr 7, 2007, 02:53 AM
Why be a Fighgunner if you're not going "gunner" at all? The term "gunner" was there for a reason...=/
I carry only 3 twin Handguns(Evil Twins/DeathMaker and Ryo-Rayratore +10) and 1 handgun (sorry, i don't like crossbow >.>)

Siertes
Apr 7, 2007, 11:08 AM
On 2007-04-07 00:44, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-04-06 23:23, Siertes wrote:

Fighgunners don't get any ranged S ranks....

THE JACKEL

Oops, I was thinking of Guntechers. Either way, as a Fortegunner, I want them!

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 7, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-04-06 22:11, Skuda wrote:
If fF had doublesabers, then it wouldn't be called noobish to use them all the time. This is because fF is a pure melee class.

Fighgunners were built with a melee/ ranged combonation. Those considered noobs are ones who don't make use of the excellent ranged weapons avaliable to their arsonal.

yes but im talking about how people complain "THAT FG KEEPS KNOCKING AWAY ALL THE ENEMIES WAH WAH WAH BITCH WAAAAAAAAAAAAHMBULENCE". It would be people on other classes knocking away too

also with all the ppl suggesting go with twin handguns anyway i think its pretty obvious what to do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

edit: besides, it's not like you have to use them the whole time in a mission, at LEAST on enemies that are melee-resistant like Tenghogs and Jarbas

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-04-07 09:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-04-07 09:45 ]</font>

Jakosifer
Apr 7, 2007, 03:38 PM
Deathmaker owns, as does Drumline. Seriously what kind of fighgunner are you?

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 7, 2007, 03:40 PM
I use all my ranged (except single handgun) on my fighgunner. I'm trying to choose which ones I want to keep with which weapon though, which is proving to be a difficult decision.

In the expansion, level 30 bullets will make my x-bow love as a fighgunner well worth it!

THE JACKEL

LocGaw
Apr 7, 2007, 04:01 PM
A FG is all about dealing fast damage, in heavy doses to multiple targets. What makes them strong is their ability to deal strong damage to both bullet and melee resistant mobs. The FG also has the ability to debuff, and deal status through bullets and traps...

It is however a game you pay to play. Play the way you want.

Tiyr
Apr 7, 2007, 04:04 PM
You don't use twin pistols, spears, swords, knuckles, or twin daggers.

Pick any or all of the above.

Tiyr
Apr 7, 2007, 04:05 PM
On 2007-04-07 14:01, LocGaw wrote:
Play the way you want.

While that's true, don't expect anyone else to want you around if you play like a moron.

Maridia
Apr 7, 2007, 04:44 PM
All this talk of other weapons. You don't sound like the "Twin Claw Master" to me, buddy. ;P Silly title for someone who only uses one twin claw.

omegapirate2k
Apr 7, 2007, 04:57 PM
Deathmakers are made of win.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 7, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-04-07 14:44, Maridia wrote:
All this talk of other weapons. You don't sound like the "Twin Claw Master" to me, buddy. ;P Silly title for someone who only uses one twin claw.

Just a notice...

He got rid of his other ones and has both Rensan PA's at 30...

Just felt to mention that.

And why are Deathmakers so good anyway? O.o

jayster
Apr 7, 2007, 10:14 PM
On 2007-04-07 16:49, PALRAPPYS wrote:

On 2007-04-07 14:44, Maridia wrote:

Just a notice...

He got rid of his other ones and has both Rensan PA's at 30...

Just felt to mention that.

And why are Deathmakers so good anyway? O.o

Bc the deathmakers make death for monsters, twin burn, twin freeze and twin mayelle are a solo ers best friend. Stay away and eliminate monsters fast with an occasional dagger pa or twin dagger/ double saber gravity dance for crowd control and the infamous tornado dance for large mobs.. Fighgunners own when used right.

LocGaw
Apr 8, 2007, 07:39 AM
On 2007-04-07 14:05, Tiyr wrote:

On 2007-04-07 14:01, LocGaw wrote:
Play the way you want.

While that's true, don't expect anyone else to want you around if you play like a moron.

That is wise. However I can live with a FG that is using traps and wailing on mobs. Doing crowd control and such. They simply don't use twins...

It is all about doing what you need to do. If there is a Fo in the party using debuffs(My prefered choice for my FO cause everyone else buffs) then maybe you will have better dot with a MG.

On the other side, if those are needed in the PT and you can't throw those debuffs around. Or say, you can't help "tackle" Omnagouge or Dimmi. Then I say boot the player and get a GT or FG that can.

Of course, a player should know those are not his mission types and should not go LFG for that mission. Rather put together the team you need to be successful on those missions...

Nobo
Apr 8, 2007, 08:51 AM
Ive decided Im gonna get the shiratsuno-zashi and drumline combo with the ultimate mkechgun PA. I already bought a drumline board and put it in my PM. Its only 49% so I hope at least 1 comes out.
PS I have rensen Lv 30 and renzan Lv 28

Davot
Apr 8, 2007, 02:48 PM
ive known nobo since we were 30s hes not much of a dagger man since ive known him more of a claw person. i myself was a Fg then turned to FF just to max out the class but now im a pure FF.nobo turn FF if you favor melee weps more than Fg weps.and with ur giga skill pp save ever PA would be like 8 PP. ne way just thot id share my oppinion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nobo
Apr 8, 2007, 03:41 PM
Davot you cannot spell for crap. And, Im not going to go Forte fighter because I promised 2 of my friends if I went forte I would give them 1 mil and I have tornado dance so that would be a waste. O yeah and Im only replacing my dark ran misaki. Im still keepin the Ice one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nobo on 2007-04-08 14:31 ]</font>

Reginaldo
Apr 8, 2007, 04:15 PM
A melee class with twin handguns is an amazing combination, take advantage of that fact.

Nobo
Apr 8, 2007, 06:33 PM
Personally I wish that fighgunners could use more guns because Id go and get a Gir Missal because those are pretty sweet with the ultimate PA. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Roka
Apr 9, 2007, 09:16 AM
i find Dus Robado fun to use

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 9, 2007, 09:51 AM
Ice Mechs + Jarba = Yay

omegapirate2k
Apr 9, 2007, 09:53 AM
I prefer ice twinnies or crossbows versus jarbas personally.

twysted
Apr 9, 2007, 12:10 PM
i use a shiratsuno zashi with a Python
i also use deathmakers i mix it up quite abit depending on the situation i also use some mech guns and alot of different single daggers again depending on where i am at... i just switched to fortegunner cause i maxed out fighgunner but i will go back soon i miss being in the middle of the action...

KamiSori
Apr 9, 2007, 12:16 PM
im not sure how or when but mech guns get a lot better with a higher level character and higher level bullets. ive only ever used the gatling but there was a point when i remember just carrying around the mech gun to tag enemies and trying to level it up but after it got past 11 and i was past lv 50 the mech gun became quite a formidable force. i think the mech gun is underrated.

Nobo
Apr 9, 2007, 07:49 PM
i bought a shiratsuno zashi and i got a drumline cookin. Plus, the shiratsuno zashi with Buten shuren zan at lv 30 is amazingly stronger than a Ran Misaki with the ultimate PA to lv30 plus you get another gun thrown it with it.
P.S. the beer smily is awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

XenithFlare
Apr 9, 2007, 10:32 PM
A Halp Serafi/Drumline with ice bullets is a great combo. Though I disagree on two points:

1. Twin Handguns (doesn't matter which kind) are really, Really REALLY a Fighgunner's best friend, if ONLY for Twin Mayalee. Being able to do MORE damage can't possibly be a bad thing, especially when the bullets you're using to lower the enemy's defense are the strongest twin bullets in the game.

2. I can't say anything about the ultimate PAs (since I only have the ones I know I'm going to use, and the claw PA isn't one of them), but the twin claw Renzan PA does crazy damage compared to Buten. << And you get the added bonus of knowing that NOTHING can stand up to the Kamehameha...

Nobo
Apr 15, 2007, 11:03 AM
If I had a Halp Serafi I would totally do that but you cant get them anymore.