PDA

View Full Version : PSU's Economy is making me sick

Hucast-Kireek
Apr 6, 2007, 06:53 PM
I had it with this game, everything is so damn expensive, When I finnally got 300000 meseta I made and error and bought a board for 100000 and even worst I placed it inside my weak PM which boards cannot be taken out of, not to mention all the real expensive materials which removed a big chunk out of my money, point is from 300000 that I had, Im down to 90000.

If there is a legit way to win money fast pleast let me know, Im always poor because everything is so damn expensive plus im a stupid newb.

And yes Im new to PSU, go easy on me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hucast-Kireek on 2007-04-06 16:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hucast-Kireek on 2007-04-06 16:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hucast-Kireek on 2007-04-07 09:47 ]</font>

TorterraEndor
Apr 6, 2007, 06:56 PM
Sell photons for 10k each, 15k each will sell too, but I prefer to have them sell within minutes.

Sell Kubara wood as well, 70-90k for quick sales.

And put in your shop ad "Photons for x", or else photons can sit in your shop for days.

Hucast-Kireek
Apr 6, 2007, 07:34 PM
I See, Thanks a million for that tip! now I feel much happy knowing that.

Sinue_v2
Apr 6, 2007, 07:49 PM
That's not exactly "legit" though, since Photons should never be selling for 10k a piece. That's just taking advantage of a market flooded with Meseta. Though it seems to be getting a bit better. I used to sell my photons for 50k - 80k.

Though personally, I could care less weither or not it was legit. That's just how the game is now, and you either have to adapt or quit.

Hucast-Kireek
Apr 6, 2007, 08:02 PM
Selling photons for 10k isnt legit? where can you see all these rules?

Sinue_v2
Apr 6, 2007, 08:28 PM
Oh, I see. You're one of those people who would pick up a BKB or Dark Flow in PSO that a duper dropped and claim that it was legit because you traded a Durandal for it.

The act of selling a photon for even 99million meseta is perfectly legit. Actually having it sell and wholeheartedly accepting money that is quite obviously il-legit, isn't.

The economy is flooded with mass-duped meseta. It's been going on for a very long time, and the fact that Photons will even sell for 10k a piece is evident that cheated meseta still makes up the bulk of the economy.

Think about it.. you had 300,000. Remeber how long it took you to earn that? How long did it take you amass your first 30 elemental photons? Not anywhere near as long I'll wager. Would you really blow your entire 300,000 for 30 easily farmable photons? Why would you expect anyone else to? Yet they do... which means they didn't have to work for their money. They either created the meseta, or worked the already screwed up economy through their shops to amass their money.

Weither or not you're bothered with the fact that it's not legit doesn't matter to me. I have 20 million in duped meseta in my bank from selling photons. Nobody really cares. Just don't try to bullshit yourself and others by trying to label it as "legit", when it very clearly isn't.

TorterraEndor
Apr 6, 2007, 08:37 PM
Well, if it really did bug you, you could sell them for 1000 or so, I assume thats about the average price of them on 360, but whatever.

I used to do that for a bit, but it got to the point where you needed to sell photons for more to be able to buy stuff from other players(As rarely as I do it)

Kent
Apr 6, 2007, 10:07 PM
...Elemental photons?

Based on their rarity and how common of drops they are, they should really be maybe a couple hundred Meseta... But 10k being anywhere near acceptable - or bought by consumers - just shows how screwed up the economy is. :/

Schubalts
Apr 6, 2007, 11:20 PM
On 2007-04-06 20:07, Kent wrote:
...Elemental photons?

Based on their rarity and how common of drops they are, they should really be maybe a couple hundred Meseta... But 10k being anywhere near acceptable - or bought by consumers - just shows how screwed up the economy is. :/

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Taking advantage of stupid people helps me afford things http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PJ
Apr 6, 2007, 11:48 PM
On 2007-04-06 17:49, Sinue_v2 wrote:
That's not exactly "legit" though, since Photons should never be selling for 10k a piece. That's just taking advantage of a market flooded with Meseta. Though it seems to be getting a bit better. I used to sell my photons for 50k - 80k.

It's a compeltely different situation though. We HAVE to sell at those prices if we want to be able to buy anything from anyone else.

Yes our economy is screwed up, but that's how it works.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 7, 2007, 12:09 AM
On 2007-04-06 18:37, TorterraEndor wrote:
Well, if it really did bug you, you could sell them for 1000 or so, I assume thats about the average price of them on 360, but whatever.

Couple hundred for Ray, others as low as 20 or so on Xbox.

Sinue_v2
Apr 7, 2007, 01:03 AM
It's a compeltely different situation though. We HAVE to sell at those prices if we want to be able to buy anything from anyone else.

Two points:

1. That doesn't make it legit. That just means that your forced to use cheated meseta if you want to enjoy that aspect of the game. Just because your starving doesn't make the act of stealing a loaf of bread any less illegal.

2. To quote myself...

That's just how the game is now, and you either have to adapt or quit.

Tystys
Apr 7, 2007, 09:02 AM
Sinue brings up an extremely valid point. I literally went to the lowest standard and put up an elemental photon for 7.5 K last time I played. I wouldn't be surprised if by now my shop was completely emptied....I just can't check because I ran out of moneyz on CC, lolz.

I know it was wrong, but I had to do it to survive, D:

PJ
Apr 7, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-04-06 23:03, Sinue_v2 wrote:
1. That doesn't make it legit. That just means that your forced to use cheated meseta if you want to enjoy that aspect of the game. Just because your starving doesn't make the act of stealing a loaf of bread any less illegal.

I'd say it's more like, with the value of money going down, the cost of bread goes up.

Hucast-Kireek
Apr 7, 2007, 11:37 AM
Hmm...I dont know whats going on but I'll make sure to give my items a fair and economic price.

Hmm, I changed the title because thats what made sick, but now Ive got a plan! i will make the best shop around! low prices! All the time! bwa ha ha!

EDIT: I OPENED MY STORE! EVERYTHING MUST GO!! Low prices! dont shop at the colony or Planet stores, shop at Kireek's

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hucast-Kireek on 2007-04-07 10:16 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Apr 7, 2007, 12:39 PM
I'd say it's more like, with the value of money going down, the cost of bread goes up.

No.. this isn't due to natural inflation in the market. Gil Sellers in FFXI, for example, sold legit Gil. That would be analogous to what you're talking about. This situation the PSU community is facing is more like if the US economy were massively flooded with counterfeit money - to the point that a gallon of milk cost $100, or a gallon of gas being $250. Except that employers (the game, in this analogy) don't raise their minimum wage with the cost of living. So imagine someone still trying to live on 5.50 an hour with prices like that. You would HAVE to use the countefeit money in the market, because you CANNOT earn what people are asking for their items legitly - and they will not lower their prices because they're looking for cash to survive as well. If they do lower their prices, their shops will be quickly cleared out - and their supply will never be able to keep up with demand. This forces the masses to shop at places which sell their items overpriced to take advantage of the situation.

Of course, the major difference is that you don't need to shop at player shops to progress in PSU. That is one aspect of the game you CAN do without if you so choose. However the game was set up to encourage player shop sales - so you will be at a disadvantage if you so choose to ignore the player shops.

Kireek - just because it's ill-legit, doesn't mean anyone's going to bust your balls over accepting "haxeta" at your player shop. If you want to make a few million selling photons, then do it. It's not a big deal, and almost all of the "legits" do it as well. My only point is to try not to bullshit yourself or others into thinking that your finances are legit if you go this route. They're not.

Hucast-Kireek
Apr 7, 2007, 04:17 PM
well, No wonder!!! if youre legit in this game like me, you WILL GET BURNED AND SPITTED UPON...I dont even have 5000 meseta to buy a stinking Scapedoll meaning I suck and could ruin the Team's "S".

DARN! If someone has Meseta or...Haxeta for that matter, burning a hole on your pocket, please please! give me a boost...the higher the better!, Im iffing poor with only 98956. while all my friends have 99999999 on their pockets AND storage.

Be sure to visit my shop too! Im Kireek, on PS2. My add says Black paper's secret shop. I will be selling for X now, har har har.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hucast-Kireek on 2007-04-07 15:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hucast-Kireek on 2007-04-07 15:44 ]</font>

Mystil
Apr 7, 2007, 07:55 PM
I'm probably the only one who skims Sinues essay(cause saying novel is too nice) posts.

Skuda
Apr 7, 2007, 08:14 PM
I wouldn't say this meseta is exactly illegitimate. It was brought into the community under bad pretenses, but it's here, and there's not much we can do about it.

Take Germany for example. After WW1, they printed tonnes and tonnes of excess Marks to pay off their war debt. It wasn't illegitimate of them, just stupid. They ended up causing the mark to drop drastically in value.

The dupers kinda did the same thing. They just made more money, and in the end, drove down the value of meseta.

I'd say the economy is... balancing out decently now. Only thing is, meseta has a lower value on PC than it does on 360.

omegapirate2k
Apr 8, 2007, 03:03 AM
Again I'll say this: Anyone who prices synth items that can be bought at an NPC for OVER the npc price should be shot.

Hucast-Kireek
Apr 8, 2007, 11:29 AM
yeah, Im selling NPC stuff for half the price.