PDA

View Full Version : I No Talk Good

Solstis
Apr 6, 2007, 09:28 PM
So, I'm getting pretty ticked off with my random inability to speak in a coherent sentence. Now, this doesn't happen to me all the time, but I often stutter or stumble because, for the most part, my brain refuses to synch up with the rest of my body. Gosh man, way to be stupid brain.

Happens when I write, too, but that isn't as annoying. Example: I want to write: "I went to the store today." but I instead scrawl: "I went tt" The problem here is that I was thinking about the next word before my hand got there, so "to" morphs in to "tt."

Rabble Rabble Rabble.

PJ
Apr 6, 2007, 09:31 PM
I do that too. All the time.

Damnit :C

...What else could I even say? XD

Blitzkommando
Apr 6, 2007, 09:53 PM
We all do that. It's just some of us are better at covering it up than others and those people become politicians.

foamcup
Apr 6, 2007, 10:11 PM
I get that too, except in my case it's called low blood sugar. I have either hypoglycemia or diabetes! Oh joy! Time to get a blood test.

Rabble rabble rabble!

DurakkenX
Apr 6, 2007, 10:14 PM
I once was typing something and it came out as a completely different sentence... the sentence was "i am manipulative" i was like wtf is wrong with my hand lying about me!

Jive18
Apr 6, 2007, 10:34 PM
I stutter every once in a while; not near as much as I used to, when my voice basically couldn't keep up with my thoughts. I really don't have many issues typing. If I mess up, it is simply because I never learned how to type correctly and only use 2 fingers per hand http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif.

Leviathan
Apr 6, 2007, 11:03 PM
I can't say "brother" instead it comes out as "broffer".

&I can't say say "three" instead it also comes out as "tree".

&my friend thinks its cute. <<Which I hate to say, but I still say it anyways.>>

Depression! =[

EphekZ
Apr 7, 2007, 12:53 AM
I don't have a problem with speech, but when I type I always skip words, type em wrong, write like 2 ideas in one sentence, and all that Jazz.

Mixfortune
Apr 7, 2007, 02:58 AM
It's not quite the same, but don't you just hate it too when you're typing out a sentence, then go back to edit a part, just to realize after you sent it on its way that it's a completely incoherent and broken sentence spanning multiple trains of thought at once?

I've also been getting that whole thinking faster than I can speak problem as of late, mostly cause I'm alternating between fast and slow paces so often at my job now, so my brain is in one mode and my body is in another.

Mystil
Apr 7, 2007, 01:20 PM
I have a common problem of loving important words out when typing.

Like I could type the above with a missing "of" or "out".

EphekZ
Apr 7, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-04-07 11:20, Mystil wrote:
I have a common problem of loving important words out when typing.

Like I could type the above with a missing "of" or "out".

loving? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Atleast, we know that this person is telling the truth.

Mystil
Apr 7, 2007, 07:53 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god >.< That should have been leaving. What the fuck was on my mind when I wrote that(I can't remember).

omegapirate2k
Apr 8, 2007, 03:06 AM
I only judge peoples spelling and grammar by how they type on forums http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mystil
Apr 8, 2007, 07:50 AM
Everything about anyone is judged by how they type/what they type on forums.

KojiroAK
Apr 10, 2007, 12:42 AM
On 2007-04-06 19:53, Norvekh wrote:
some of us are better at covering it up than others and those people become politicians.

Hmm, two names proves your theory wrong:
Edmund Stoiber (Bavarian Minister President)
(And because of one of his speaches, i still asking my self, with which trainstation i have to fly to meat Charles de Gaule)
George W. Bush (jr.) (i don't think i have to tell who he is)

omegapirate2k
Apr 10, 2007, 08:26 AM
On 2007-04-08 05:50, Mystil wrote:
Everything about anyone is judged by how they type/what they type on forums.

Or, you know, just their regard for proper spelling and grammar.

>_>

Thalui89
Apr 10, 2007, 04:16 PM
On 2007-04-06 19:53, Norvekh wrote:
We all do that. It's just some of us are better at covering it up than others and those people become politicians.

People dont become politicians because they can write. Infact most political speeches are created by professional writers. It may not be the same in America as it is in the UK (somehow i think it is similar) but generally only upper class citizens become politicians due to the fact working citizens are deemed as unworthy.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 10, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-04-06 20:11, foamcup wrote:
I get that too, except in my case it's called low blood sugar. I have either hypoglycemia or diabetes! Oh joy! Time to get a blood test.

Rabble rabble rabble!

If you really do think you're Hypoglycemic or Diabetic, then this information is extremely important to you. Read it. All of it. It could save your life.

The only way a diabetic gets low blood sugar (generally) is by taking too much insulin. I gather that you don't know whether or not you have diabetes, so I can only conclude that you don't take insulin. Athletes also get low blood glucose levels if they exercise for an extended period without having any carbohydrate (this is half of what makes Gatorade a good sports drink, and why there's no "diet" version-- a zero-carbohydrate sports drink would be pointless).

So if your blood sugar is going low despite the presence of normal or large amounts of carbohydrate in your diet and/or without large amounts of exercise, then you may very well have hypoglycemia. Symptoms of low blood sugar include:

Dizziness
Shaky sensation
Mild to severe headache
Craving for sugars and/or starches

Your body requires a form of sugar to operate, called Glucose, which it produces from carbohydrates that you digest. Insulin, the principle product of your pancreas, functions by passing glucose from your blood into your body's cells, where it can be used. In Hypoglycemics, the body has become too sensitive to insulin, or it is producing too much, resulting in low blood sugar.

When your blood sugar is low (below 80mg of Glucose per Dekaliter of Blood, or mg/DL), your cells are unable to get the glucose they need, which tends to bring about the first three of the above listed symptoms. If left untreated, low blood sugar can result in faint, followed by convulsions, and finally, coma or death. Brain damage begins occurring at the the convulsion stage. Low blood sugar is therefore immediately dangerous, having the potential of killing you in just a few hours.

The fourth symptom listed is often listed as simply "hunger" on many lists, but in my experience and in my observations of others, it's not simply a matter of being hungry so much as specifically wanting to eat something with carbohydrate. It's a craving.

High blood sugar (Above 200mg/DL if judging loosely, above 120 before a meal or 140 after a meal if judging strictly) on the other hand, is not so immediately dangerous. High blood sugar has its worst effects over a period of years, and may eventually result in loss of eyesight, gangrene in extremities (which even now they have to amputate), kidney failure, and probably some other horrible things I'm not thinking about right now. Your blood sugar would have to be obscenely high for it to have an immediate permanent effect.

Symptoms of high blood sugar include:

Unquenchable thirst (not resulting from a dryness in the mouth, so much as from a strange craving for drinkable liquids, especially water)
Constant need to urinate
Urine smells sweet

Those are the tell-tale signs of high blood sugar, and anyone experiencing high blood sugar will have them. Because the body has too much glucose in the blood, it tries to filter it out through the kidneys. As a result, you constantly want water, and you are constantly urinating. This plays hell on your kidneys, and is the reason why kidney failure is one of the long-term effects of high blood sugar.

You develop gangrene in your extremities because the blood is thickened by the glucose, making it travel slower and not as far. As a result of this, fresh, oxygenated blood tends not to get to your feet, and in the worst cases, your hands. This means that those parts of your body are not getting the nutrients they need, and thus, those cells die, and the flesh rots.

Regarding eyesight, I'm not sure how it is that blood sugar effects it, other than to point out that eyes are a horrendously sensitive part of your body, and just the fact that they are capable of doing what they do is mind boggling.

There is another condition that is related to high blood sugar, but is not exactly the same. This condition is called Keitoacidosis, and it is what occurs when there is very little or no insulin left in your blood stream. In addition to the typical symptoms of high blood sugar, the symptoms of Keitoacidosis include:

General aches, especially in fatty tissues
Vomiting

Keitoacidosis is your body's last-ditch attempt at dealing with not having insulin to pass glucose to cells. It breaks down your fatty tissues imperfectly, resulting in the production of two substances. The first is useful, and functions as a substitute for glucose. The second is harmful, and simply enough, is an acid. This acid is what causes the aches that accompany the condition. Your body will try to get rid of it through your kidneys, but you'll be unable to drink water due to an irrepressible need to vomit at any time that you might have something in your stomach.

When your stomach is empty, you'll feel basically fine (aside from being terribly thirsty and probably having aches here and there), but as soon as there's the slightest drop of anything, be it water, food or even bile, you'll find yourself heaving.

Ironically, Keitoacidosis can be incredibly effective in causing you to lose weight by metabolizing your own fatty tissues with great expedience, but the severity of the other things it does to you negates this relatively superficial benefit.

A severe attack of Keitoacidosis, barring the possibility that you die or go into a coma that you may never come out of, can take a person off their feet for several days; last time I had an issue with it, I was down for two days after the initial symptoms subsided. This extended period of bed rest alone is enough to make your everyday tasks more difficult, due to muscle loss.

Mild attacks of Keitoacidosis, on the other hand, where only short periods of time without insulin are encountered, but at frequent intervals, are likely to do little more than make you urinate a lot and diminish your hunger, though it is otherwise slightly more severe than having a constant high blood sugar.

Most Diabetics, especially those with Type I, or "Juvenile onset" are diagnosed as a result of going to the emergency room with Keitoacidosis. The lucky ones are those who catch it early, when they're just urinating a lot.

Another note, the difference between Type I (Juvenile Onset) and Type II (Adult Onset) Diabetes, is that Type I Diabetics have stopped producing insulin, whereas Type II Diabetics may very well be producing insulin, but their bodies have grown resistant to it. Type I almost requires a genetic involvement (though I hear that bodily trauma can cause it as well), but Type II can be caused by living for years on an unhealthy diet, especially such a diet that is high in carbohydrates. People with certain genetics may be more prone to Type II than others.

Given all of that foamcup, do you still believe you may be Diabetic or Hypoglycemic? If you think so, then it's probably going to be vital that you get yourself diagnosed one way or the other.

If you know someone with a blood sugar tester (which, if you're an undiagnosed Diabetic, you probably have a relative that has one), ask if you can use it. If you test your blood sugar, and it comes to 85mg/DL or something in the immediate neighborhood, then you're probably fine. If it's above 100, then you could possibly have eaten within the last half hour to an hour. If it's above 140, then you need to go to your doctor as soon as possible, and make arrangements to be formally tested for Diabetes, because you probably do, in fact, have it.

If your blood sugar is below 75 and especially if you haven't been doing a great deal of exercising, then you probably have Hypoglycemia. If your blood sugar is 65 or lower and you aren't experiencing a headache, that means your body is acclimated to low blood sugar; if this is so, then you are almost definitely Hypoglycemic. Just the same, if your blood sugar is high and it's not screwing you up, then you almost definitely have Diabetes of one type or the other.

Firocket1690
Apr 10, 2007, 08:06 PM
Not too sure about the brain-body connection. I tend to stumble on those a bit on occasion too.

Somehow, reminded me of this thread (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=136878&forum=11). My point stands, text>voice.