PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Illunimus expension will increase the number of

Arika
Apr 6, 2007, 09:45 PM
I think too less ppl is really the most important problem now. In the past, there used to be more ppl, but at the time that many hacker mass with the game (PM bomb , buy everything , unreleased S rank) That make ppl mostly gone. Now, as I see the beta Illunus , the improvement in the game is a lot, Do you think ppl will come back ?

Retehi
Apr 6, 2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, then they'll just leave 2 weeks later again.

vfloresjr24
Apr 6, 2007, 09:49 PM
I think it would but just like what retehi said they will leave 2 week later again.

RedX
Apr 6, 2007, 09:58 PM
On 2007-04-06 19:46, Retehi wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedX on 2007-04-06 19:58 ]</font>

APEXi
Apr 6, 2007, 09:59 PM
depends on whether or not they drip-feed us content updates

GunnerGoddess
Apr 6, 2007, 09:59 PM

that or we'll get more hackers and people will be chased off that way

Rubius-sama
Apr 6, 2007, 10:10 PM
Problem isn't the duped meseta, it's the content. It's lame.

PSO was fun for me because of cmode and all the interesting online quests, rare hunting, etc. PSU doesn't have any of that. It's just running into the same 2 missions and killing the same stuff over and over. Items suck, I hate the "glow" look. ..and synthing is the worst idea ever.

PSU needs real content if it wants to survive, not re-hashes of the same half-assed missions and costumes.

infected
Apr 6, 2007, 10:21 PM
I agree, they should give us lots and lots of unique missions.

oh yeah, super rare weapons are always fun.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 7, 2007, 12:01 AM
On 2007-04-06 20:21, infected wrote:
I agree, they should give us lots and lots of unique missions.

oh yeah, super rare weapons are always fun.

Not with my luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

but give original content (as for as PSU(/O?) content goes)

Zero787
Apr 7, 2007, 12:05 AM
It might bring more people since they now have an idea of what not to do because of phantasy star universe and what people want

Emrald
Apr 7, 2007, 12:11 AM
On 2007-04-06 20:10, Rubius-sama wrote:

PSO was fun for me because of cmode and all the interesting online quests, rare hunting, etc. PSU doesn't have any of that. It's just running into the same 2 missions and killing the same stuff over and over. Items suck, I hate the "glow" look. ..and synthing is the worst idea ever.

PSU needs real content if it wants to survive, not re-hashes of the same half-assed missions and costumes.

you my friend are a loser

Para
Apr 7, 2007, 12:27 AM
I think PSU needs more party client missions sorta like Bruce's Dungeon and past PSO missions like Heat Sword etc. Not to mention other missions like endless nightmare and stuff..

But here's the problem... as soon as we get something that's "better" than any other mission, everyone just flocks there and stays there. -_-a; However this problem might be less apparent if the community was indeed larger.

Of course this is why its important to establish a network of friends on PSU.

If Ambitions of Illuminus were to be successful in north america/europe, you better help SEGA promote it like hell and give people a damn good reason to come back to PSU and quit their bitching about lack of content.

Zantra
Apr 7, 2007, 12:32 AM
I'd say they'll stay for the full free month, if they get one.

Krisan
Apr 7, 2007, 12:35 AM

Only if the launch of AoI is as poor as the launch of PSU was.. People left PSU initially back then because there was next to nothing to do online, and waiting around for unlocked content wasn't fun.

If AoI launches with enough meat on its bones, plus all of PSU's original content is unlocked by then.. I think we can expect better in terms of what happens this time around.

-Shimarisu-
Apr 7, 2007, 12:37 AM
Prediction:

Anyone not on Illuminus will get kicked from parties immediately on joining and displaying their white name.

You will see parties called "white name=boot".

I will lol at all of you like I do now.

Proff
Apr 7, 2007, 02:32 AM
They could just merge the servers.

Raysa
Apr 7, 2007, 02:37 AM
Honestly, I dont think it will increase the playerbase. Maybe for the first few months, but not by alot. I have a bunch of friends who I've tried to get to play with me. Most of them decided to be WoWtards. Eff them I say!

This game is highly underated. Thanks X-Play you seriously are made of fail. (Though loving the ps3 reviews http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Zantra
Apr 7, 2007, 02:41 AM
On 2007-04-07 00:37, Raysa wrote:
Honestly, I dont think it will increase the playerbase. Maybe for the first few months, but not by alot. I have a bunch of friends who I've tried to get to play with me. Most of them decided to be WoWtards. Eff them I say!

This game is highly underated. Thanks X-Play you seriously are made of fail. (Though loving the ps3 reviews http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Don't knock X-play just because you can't get your online freak on, and you're all sexually pent up. It's a great show, that's actually been on since before you were 10 years old. Wikipedia, is your friend.

Raysa
Apr 7, 2007, 02:43 AM
On 2007-04-07 00:41, Zantra wrote:

On 2007-04-07 00:37, Raysa wrote:

Don't knock X-play just because you can't get your online freak on, and you're all sexually pent up. It's a great show, that's actually been on since before you were 10 years old. Wikipedia, is your friend.

lol you need to learn to detect sarcasm. ;/

Tystys
Apr 7, 2007, 08:50 AM
No, fuck XPLAY. The show WAS great, but now all it boils down to is useless reviews on bad games just so they can get their comedic kicks in.

And it's not even that funny anymore. G4 has finally raped and killed the last known good thing it had going for it.

ON TOPIC: To tell you the truth, I havn't really put thought into this. I mean, sure. AoI is bringing alot of the good things we all know and loved from PSO, but shouldn't that give people mroe insentive to stray away?
"THEY HAVE TO RESORT TO RECYCLING CONTENT? SCREW THIS, BURNING CRUSADE TIME"

Mystil
Apr 7, 2007, 07:58 PM
I'm having conflict of interest with PSU and FFXI. I play both..sometimes in the same day. I can't decide which I want to ditch the other for. But if the expansion brings new life in PSU that might help me with this a lot. So far they are doing what every body wanted(and what they should have done in the first place).

AweOfShe
Apr 7, 2007, 08:13 PM

More like:

Play for 1 hour, then complain about something for 6 hours. Log back on, play for 5 minutes, and find something else to complain about for the next 3 hours. Reminisce about PSO for an added 4 hours. Then some negative jackasses will jump on the bandwagon, because it's the in-thing to do. Log back in and actually complete one run, but then complain that there isn't enough content, because everyone else says so, then quit. blah blah blah, repeat, ad nauseam... :P

Omega_Weltall
Apr 8, 2007, 01:48 AM
If they'd treat the NA/EU servers like they treat the JP servers, I'd be fine. I'm SO sick of the JP's getting EVERYTHING and we get scraps. I'm SO sick of it. And not just in PSU. Like weapons staying unreleased for the NA/EU side but every JP player and their mom has one on their servers, and GM's that actually give a damn. Equality, thats all what I want.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 8, 2007, 01:54 AM
On 2007-04-07 23:48, Omega_Weltall wrote:
If they'd treat the NA/EU servers like they treat the JP servers, I'd be fine. I'm SO sick of the JP's getting EVERYTHING and we get scraps. I'm SO sick of it. And not just in PSU. Like weapons staying unreleased for the NA/EU side but every JP player and their mom has one on their servers, and GM's that actually give a damn. Equality, thats all what I want.

And I'm sure Sega would love to have as big of a profit from PSU on the US/EU server as they have on the JP side.

You don't always get what you want.

ChaotistRazor
Apr 8, 2007, 01:57 AM
Oh yeah, I'm sure they couldn't have possibly guessed that it would be more popular in JAPAN.

lol.

Omega_Weltall
Apr 8, 2007, 02:01 AM
So... thats a reason to treat us like shit?

VanHalen
Apr 8, 2007, 02:02 AM

Dude1: Wahh this isn't PSO!! I lubb PSO!

Dude2: Wahh I lubb PSO too!

Dude1: Let's go to BB

*FSOD and they are never heard from again. Well they do come back to PSU but just to sit there and talk about their god PSO to force others into that religion and then everyone quits http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif *

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 8, 2007, 02:03 AM
Well duh. If something ever does not make sense to you, just assume that money is the reason, and you'll be right 9/10 times.

EDIT: Crazy posting lag lolwtfx.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-04-08 00:10 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Apr 8, 2007, 02:09 AM
Considering most of the hardcores are going to be at a high or decent level, I dunno if there's going to be a lot of people helping the lower levels...

Schubalts
Apr 8, 2007, 02:17 AM
Some will reach the new(maybe) cap in a week, complain, then leave for a month, then do it all again. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

UberZack
Apr 8, 2007, 06:14 AM
If this advertise this time round then more people would join ¬_¬

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 8, 2007, 07:32 AM
If they found a 4th planet about 1 light year from there position called Ragol and all the unlocked areas where oddly familiar I would be playing those forever..
Hopefully it will attract the PSO people back to it..

Arika
Apr 8, 2007, 08:48 AM
Well, the reply 1-3, all say about hacker will mass with the game again, but I would said that if you check enough info, you will know that now the mostly hacker were banned and also new GG make the left can't hack any more.
It trend to be in a good way, just need a lot of ppl to join
About the question you guy ask that why SEGA EU/US don't do thing like SEGA jp,
the answer is so easy, because SEGA jp are rich!!, the dreamcast failure in America (but very popular in Jp) this make the company separate and have their own fund to spend. SEGA Eu/US even don't have enough money to promote/advertise their game (sadly)T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-04-08 06:54 ]</font>

RyuHikaru
Apr 8, 2007, 09:23 AM
If they bring back the old PSO feel to a new world, like a Rgol or something, then it'll be big.

Other than that, nah.

DavidNel
Apr 8, 2007, 09:37 AM
I believe that most people that buy the game will be online...?

Tystys
Apr 8, 2007, 09:49 AM
It's already bringing a bunch of stuff we all know and love from PSO...

But, who knows, they might lock the content, -_-

SubstanceD
Apr 8, 2007, 01:07 PM
I don't know. You'd be suprised at how many second hand copies of PSU I see video game stores ( mostly, the PS2 and 360 versions ) here in Ireland. I picked of a brand new copy of PSU for the PC for only 9 Euro the other day. I think alot of people picked up PSU and were turned off by the lack of content.There's a good possibility that these gamers are gone for good. Sega is really going to have to promote this expansion alot in order to win back alot of PSO fans and PSU deserters and they also need to deleiver.

I agree about your coment on the lack of content in PSU ( espicially during those early days most of Online mode's content was locked ). Personally, I am stuck offline ( another problem facing certain parts of Europe. You'd be shocked to learn just how little of Ireland has broadband. If you don't live in a urban area, then you are fucked ) since there is no broadband where I live and I think we all agree taht Offline mode of PSU just isn't worth playing. There is NO CONTENT AT ALL. NOTHING. And the early days of PSU online were just like that, nothing at all. It's not surprising that some people left PSU for good if they did not know that Sega was deliberatly with-holding that vast majority of PSU's content. It's also not far fetched to believe that there are other PSU gamers like me who can't get online at all. At least with PSO on the Gamecube you could connect with a dial up modem.

Sekani
Apr 8, 2007, 01:41 PM
On 2007-04-08 11:07, SubstanceD wrote:
It's also not far fetched to believe that there are other PSU gamers like me who can't get online at all. At least with PSO on the Gamecube you could connect with a dial up modem.

Explain to me why anyone would buy PSU knowing full well they couldn't get online? That's something I can't understand at all.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 8, 2007, 01:48 PM
Good God, people, PSO was fun for the five years it lasted, but that ship has sailed. Let go and enjoy the new stuff and quit with all the OMG I WAN MAH RAGOL BAX NAO1111 crap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-04-08 11:48 ]</font>

AweOfShe
Apr 8, 2007, 02:03 PM
On 2007-04-08 11:07, SubstanceD wrote:

I agree about your coment on the lack of content in PSU ( espicially during those early days most of Online mode's content was locked ). Personally, I am stuck offline ( another problem facing certain parts of Europe. You'd be shocked to learn just how little of Ireland has broadband. If you don't live in a urban area, then you are fucked ) since there is no broadband where I live and I think we all agree taht Offline mode of PSU just isn't worth playing. There is NO CONTENT AT ALL. NOTHING. And the early days of PSU online were just like that, nothing at all. It's not surprising that some people left PSU for good if they did not know that Sega was deliberatly with-holding that vast majority of PSU's content. It's also not far fetched to believe that there are other PSU gamers like me who can't get online at all. At least with PSO on the Gamecube you could connect with a dial up modem.

I'm going to have to post this (http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=psu&lid=gp_psu&lpos=nav_pldwnlst) again, aren't I? :P

"Features a game world that will evolve with new content over the course of several years."

With that said, how long has the game been out exactly? Not even a god damn year. Seriously, there hasn't been ANY online RPGs that have perfected itself in less than a year.

There's plenty of content now, and if people would leave Parum for like, more than an hour without any regard to rewards, you would see that.

The problem isn't the content, it's the mind-set of the negative, impatient people in the community.

On 2007-04-08 11:48, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Good God, people, PSO was fun for the five years it lasted, but that ship has sailed. Let go and enjoy the new stuff and quit with all the OMG I WAN MAH RAGOL BAX NAO1111 crap.

No kidding. Nostalgia is all well and fine, but when you let it hinder your enjoyment of what you have now...

PSU is a perfectly fine game as it is now, but the terrible mindset of the majority of the negative jackasses in the community, has completely killed a lot of enjoyment for a lot of people.

PJ
Apr 8, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-04-07 23:48, Omega_Weltall wrote:

You mean because we get everything NEXT to them?

You know, cause their game came out first?

In fact, we've almost caught up to their updates, so your post is lollable.

TorterraEndor
Apr 8, 2007, 02:19 PM
GMs go on the Japanese servers as rarely as the US servers.

I mean, they aren't going to pay people to play PSU all day.

At best, you could bitch about the Japanese getting the AoI beta. But even then, a Japanese game company deciding to give the Japanese market the first try must be something new.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TorterraEndor on 2007-04-08 12:21 ]</font>

Neith
Apr 8, 2007, 06:10 PM
People will get hyped, and probably kiss the asses of Sega when AoI released.

2 weeks later, those same people will be whining about lack of content and either leave, or worse still, stay on the game and whine.

Likewise, Sega of America will start out well, with decent releases, then subside into 'yeah, we'll give you a mission when we feel like it, rather than weekly'.

Hell will break loose. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Needless to say, I'm as taken as the rest of you, and I'll waste more money on AoI. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2007, 09:20 PM

Actually, I have a question about this. Did PSO do as poorly as PSU seems to be doing? Where there complaints about how PSO wasn't PSI-IV? Did people complain about how there wasn't enough to do?
I know the answer to the rampant haxing and screwed up economy, so I won't ask that.

Baku
Apr 8, 2007, 09:26 PM
People will get hyped, and probably kiss the asses of Sega when AoI released.

2 weeks later, those same people will be whining about lack of content and either leave, or worse still, stay on the game and whine.

Omega_Weltall
Apr 8, 2007, 11:38 PM
Look i KNOW they'er gonna get things first, being that it came out their first and a month ahead of us. All i'm asking is that we friggen get stuff. Unlike the Lavis Cannon and other PSO weapons that stayed locked on the US side and we had to hack the game just to get them.

amtalx
Apr 9, 2007, 09:15 AM
On 2007-04-08 19:20, Zorafim wrote:

Actually, I have a question about this. Did PSO do as poorly as PSU seems to be doing? Where there complaints about how PSO wasn't PSI-IV? Did people complain about how there wasn't enough to do?
I know the answer to the rampant haxing and screwed up economy, so I won't ask that.

I think PSO was in a league of its own when it was released. No one had really tried an Online RPG for a console before so there wasn't much to compare it to. People did complain about the utter lack of a real single player campaign, but soon stopped caring after they discovered how fun the online mode was. As far as stuff to do...ST was even slower about adding content at first. After a few months, the updates were somewhat regular but the amount of content added was really significant compared to the PSU updates.

Phreaker
Apr 9, 2007, 10:58 AM
I seriously doubt it.

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-04-09 07:15, amtalx wrote:

I think PSO was in a league of its own when it was released. No one had really tried an Online RPG for a console before so there wasn't much to compare it to. People did complain about the utter lack of a real single player campaign, but soon stopped caring after they discovered how fun the online mode was. As far as stuff to do...ST was even slower about adding content at first. After a few months, the updates were somewhat regular but the amount of content added was really significant compared to the PSU updates.

Back on the Dreamcast, they had extremely low amounts of new content. New content was more like 5 or so new missions. I remember the long time in which *Letters from Lionel* was about the only thing the US servers got. It wasn't too long before they released the ver.2 expansion. It was a fairly decent, single update, though. After that, not much new in content except for a few *special* missions released at certain seasonal occassions. I'm guessing the updates were more prominent on other platforms.

The way I see it, PSU is starting off with a bit more gusto than the PSO was, when it started. However, the late PSO is probably what more people are comparing PSU to, not realizing how incredibly long it was to get to the PSO they know. Years upon years, built that PSO.

Online RPG competition is high, but I still think there's only 1 that plays like this. No matter how much you can talk about FFXI, WoW, Guild Wars, etc. If none of them have this realtime fast action, like this game, where you aren't specifically locking on targets to input commands etc. They don't compare in the same way. This is the game for people who like action games and sci-fi mixed with their fantasy.

I think it may attract new people the same way all those *unofficial* expansions did for PSO. A lot of people didn't come into PSO until such a late revision of it like the GC/XBox versions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-09 09:07 ]</font>

doubleEXP
Apr 9, 2007, 01:51 PM
Do you think Illunimus expension will increase the number of player in US/EU server ?

Doubtful. Expansions are designed to keep an existing player base occupied. They rarely, if ever, grow the player base. The PSU exansion may lure back some semi-retired players, but I doubt it will make an extreme difference in the online population.

Despite getting better and better, in terms of options, levels, bosses, items, etc... PSO's player base continued to shrink over the years. When it was at its absolute zenith (DC v1) it had the least amount of content!

Of course, back then, over six years ago, PSO was a novel concept: an online rpg on a console and NO subscription fee. Back then most players hadn't even played an online rpg. Back then games like EQ and UO were popular among the hardcore gamers out there, but PSO was the first game to openly welcome just about EVERYONE to the world of online rpg'ing.

PSO was fraught with faults, but Sega did a few things right (hard to believe) that helped PSO, albeit briefly, be a meaningful game in the world of online rpg's:

1) They pre-advertised in all the magazines and across the web

2) They had no subscription fee

3) They made the game newbie-friendly (very kind leveling curve until extreme high levels) so it was easy to 'suck in' players and get them hooked.

I was actually shocked when I first played PSU at how long it took to get a single level up in my starting job. I was also shocked at how quickly the leveling pace slowed down. In PSO you could just make a character, do a few quests in forest to get the hang of it, then jump online and play with others. During those semi-magical first weeks/months of PSO, there were over 100,000 players, around the world, playing together. It was amazing! Japanese players actually wanted to play with us (my very team, in fact, was created by two Japanese players -- both over lv50 -- who wanted to show me and another Westerner around PSO). It was a special time in gaming, one which I'm truly grateful to have been a part of.

PSU has the 'grind' of a mmorpg without the commensurate virtual real estate or depth of options. That makes it very newbie-unfriendly. On top of that, they botched the launch in numerous ways.

Online rpg's almost never grow past the numbers they hit in their first couple of months unless they add whole new markets to their population base. Notable exceptions are WoW (which became a mega-hit) and, back in the day, EQ.

Sadly, I think PSU is just going to fade away. Its hardcore adherents will play it until they pull the plug on the servers. And hopefully that day is a long ways off, but the chance for PSU to be something big and vibrant and full of up-side has come and gone.

Probably the worse decision ST/Sega made was tying PSU to the PS2. I know the boardroom logic was "lets tap into the largest consumer gaming base in the world." That certainly sounds reasonable, like a company 'learning' from their prior decisions of being linked to DC (which was all but discontinued at the time PSO came out) and GC (a console which never approached the popularity of ps2 or xbox). Unfortunately, they launched PSU at a time when ps2 was phasing out (late 2006) and most gamers are on pc or looking forward to the next gen (x360, ps3, Wii). So, no support for hard drive downloadables and the restrictions that come in designing modern software for a system launched 7 years ago. Eeesh: those are some tough hurdles to overcome in an already-competitive marketplace.

The PS franchise will be niche until the day comes when they make a game that is both accessible for the newbie AND rich enough in content for the hardcore and which is designed - from the ground up - to grow and expand as modern online rpg's must to survive.

That was the WoW model and boy does it work. Its so simple to gain your first 20 levels in WoW. Heck, the first 40+ really aren't all that hard. There's tons and tons of places to go and things to see. And if you're a casual/soloist type of player, you can go all the way on your own (or with a friend or two) and constantly have new things to do, new places to see. And if you're a harcore Raid-head, they have you covered too. PSU forces a grind almost from the minute you start, and it requires doing the same tiny boards, over and over and over and over again. That worked 6 years ago. I don't think that works anymore.

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2007, 02:01 PM
Funny enough, I wasn't sure if the community issues of PSO (going down) had something to do with the fact many people could play together without even getting an online hunter's license. That is, once it left the Dreamcast.

I know, quite a few of my Dreamcast PSO friends, never bothered with the actual licenses, post Dreamcast, since we could just carry our characters over each other's houses, and play. PSO, for a lot of things, had very little incentive to go online, as opposed to playing together split-screen.

You do make some good points, however.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-09 12:04 ]</font>

doubleEXP
Apr 9, 2007, 02:18 PM
Hmm, I don't remember the DC versions having split screen. Maybe they did and I just never played them?

For me and my rl friends, the big draw with PSO was being able to meet up after work/school in a lobby in PSO (online) and play some boards together. It was a very novel concept back then, and it appealed to my more hardcore gaming friends and my more casual gaming friends. It didn't hurt, either, that at the time PSO was one of the most innovative dungeon-crawlers ever made. From the level-design, to the music, to the rare hunts, to many many ways to raise mags, there was just so much to that little game.

I still remember Yuji Naka's line about 'getting down to the wire' when programming PSO. He was talking about how they absolutely got every last bit of power out of the DC to make PSO into the best possible game it could be. Sadly, when you design for three platforms at once (and one which is very limited by current standards) you can't do that. Almost everything has to be a compromise.

Back then I played on a fuzzy 19" color tv because (a) that's all I could afford and (b) I didn't know any better. But that was 2001.

Now I have a 32" HDTV and a x360 and I play games like Oblivion. It literally hurts my eyes to play PSU for very long because of the extreme aliasing and the poor settings I have to set my PC to in order to maintain framerate. Its a shame, because PSU really isn't a bad game at all. But it feels too rough, too compromised.

Not saying PSO was perfect. It was hardly perfect. But it was a singularly excellent little game designed for one system and one system only: the Dreamcast. It was the ultimate swan-song to an under-appreciated gem of a system. If only they had made PSU for x360/ps3/pc... it could have been so much more. As the Oblivion team proved, you CAN make a game on x360 almost identically for ps3, and obviously anything you can do on a console you can do on a powerful pc. So, they would have been able to have full-screen anti-aliasing across versions, a much more consistent framerate (since they wouldn't have coded post-effects around the ps2's weird chipset), and they could have positioned PSU as the first great online rpg for the new consoles, instead of as port that happens to play on one of the new consoles.

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2007, 02:34 PM
No. I was saying the ports that followed *after* the DC (post DC), had split-screen, and that might have been a factor. While we were on the DC, more of us were online with the thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-09 12:34 ]</font>

doubleEXP
Apr 9, 2007, 02:36 PM
Ah, I get you.

And I also see that I'm becoming EXACTLY the kind of poster I usually despise: someone posting negatives (though to be fair I give reasons) on a board for a game's fans. I think I'll just leave you all in peace and wish you good times in PSU. Thanks for not flaming to high hell!

AweOfShe
Apr 9, 2007, 03:58 PM
On 2007-04-09 09:02, Akaimizu wrote:
The way I see it, PSU is starting off with a bit more gusto than the PSO was, when it started. However, the late PSO is probably what more people are comparing PSU to, not realizing how incredibly long it was to get to the PSO they know. Years upon years, built that PSO.

Truth.

Saphion
Apr 9, 2007, 04:05 PM
Hey, PSO had me in it's clutches since day one of it's Dreamcast reign.