PDA

View Full Version : Sturm Buster World

Helly
Apr 7, 2007, 01:15 AM
Am I the only CAST that doesn't use or even own a Sturm Buster SUV? Of course not, but it sure seems that way!

I only own the two gatling SUV's myself. These days~ I'd say the least used ones that I've noticed are the lasers, though early on the Blitz Buster seemed pretty popular. But pretty much ever since it was released, almost every time a SUV goes off, its Sturm Buster.

vs normal baddies? Sturm Buster
vs mini-bosses? STURM Buster
vs actual bosses? STURM BUSTER

STURM BUSTER WOOOOORRRRRRRLLLLLDDD >_<;;

But lets have the poll search out the truth! Vote only for the SUV you use the most.

McLaughlin
Apr 7, 2007, 01:17 AM
I use Blitz, Rafal and Meteor Buster fairly equally.

Pengfishh
Apr 7, 2007, 01:20 AM
I tried to use Blitz for a while, but Sturm is widely use because it's widely useful. Good damage, good status effect, no whiff.

pikachief
Apr 7, 2007, 01:22 AM
are u seriously telling me that they use sturm for bosses!?

wow they must suck at aiming then! that or thier too lazy! Yes i do use sturm buster the most, but thats cuz i dont do missions with bosses very often!

Sturm for enemies and grom for bosses and mini bosses!

i have owned all types of SUV and those are the only 2 i like. I can do the most damage with those 2.

LOL my friend would ALWAYS use the gatling gun ones but i have convinced him enough to the point where he also only uses Sturm and grom http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

APEXi
Apr 7, 2007, 01:23 AM
i stick with the stationary gatlings

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2007-04-06 23:24 ]</font>

Mistle22
Apr 7, 2007, 01:23 AM
I'm a Grom Buster guy. I haven't bothered getting sturm, seeings that in a party with another CAST they are most likely to have it anyway.

Sekani
Apr 7, 2007, 01:28 AM
I've actually had people ask me what SUV I'm using because they've never seen it before (Grom Buster).

AC9breaker
Apr 7, 2007, 01:29 AM
No Sword SUV option. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Phetty
Apr 7, 2007, 01:29 AM
I use a combination of SUVs. Sturm on a room of normal mobs, or Jarbas. Mini-bosses that move alot I use the Grom Buster, and for high DFP mobs and Bosses I use the Rafal Buster.

Retehi
Apr 7, 2007, 01:44 AM
I welcome the use of a Sturm Buster in teams, it's a good way to light up enemies, and knock a chunk of their HP off quick.

But myself lately, I been seeing people use that laser SUV a lot.

Midicronica
Apr 7, 2007, 01:50 AM
The SUV I use depends on the situation. I carry Blitz, Rafal, and Sturm on me at all times. You ever seen a team of all casts use the Blitz Buster at the same time? It's a beautiful thing..

AweOfShe
Apr 7, 2007, 02:32 AM
Rafal and Hegel are the only ones I use. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Urtri
Apr 7, 2007, 03:10 AM
i carry 4 SUV's with me Sturm for Fast Enemies like sendillians. Grom for Mod Work in enclosed Spaces in Teams. The Rotating Lazer for Open Spaces in Teams. And Rafal (stationary Gatling) for Fun Boss Dying Scenes (seeing the De Ragan Die with Bullet effects boucing around him still brings a smile to my face)

ashley50
Apr 7, 2007, 03:20 AM
I use ALL...depending on situations.
Bosses = Grom and Rafal
multiple enemies onscreen = Sturm, Meteor, Blitz and Hegel

Sturm buster made CAST players lazy to aim when it came out. they just use it and laugh as enemies fly and burn...sad =/

Shiryuu
Apr 7, 2007, 05:00 AM
I use sturm and the sweeping laser one. Nothing wrong with free burn SE, especially if you're fortefighter/hunter.

A2K
Apr 7, 2007, 06:40 AM
On 2007-04-06 23:28, Sekani wrote:
I've actually had people ask me what SUV I'm using because they've never seen it before (Grom Buster).

It's ironic, too, because when the game first came out that's all everyone ever used.

Rashiid
Apr 7, 2007, 09:12 AM
Rafal FTW!

PJ
Apr 7, 2007, 09:15 AM
I use Meteor Buster exclusively.

(...until Gigas Espada comes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

XenithFlare
Apr 7, 2007, 09:17 AM
In the beginning, there was Grom.

In the middle, there was Sturm.

At the end, Grom is making a comeback.

<_< Anyway, I use sturm when there are a lot of enemies, but for the most part I stick with Rafal. It's odd though how Grom is suddenly popping back into style. It's like, "holy crap what else is going to come back?! People making the completely-store-bought Light Festival Decor and selling it for millions of dollars?! D:"

Esufer
Apr 7, 2007, 09:50 AM
BURRITZO BUUUSSSSTAAAAAAAAAA!!!11oneone!

RadiantLegend
Apr 7, 2007, 11:07 AM
Grom/Sturm

My inventory spaces are very limited so the best 2 will do.

RedX
Apr 7, 2007, 11:16 AM
I used Rafal Buster when i had an extra slot on my armor. (A Neudaiz armor > crappy B armor)

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 7, 2007, 11:39 AM
On 2007-04-06 23:20, Pengfishh wrote:
I tried to use Blitz for a while, but Sturm is widely use because it's widely useful. Good damage, good status effect, no whiff.

no aiming http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shade-
Apr 7, 2007, 11:47 AM
Sturm buster is for people who can't aim. (I'm not claiming I never miss, though)

Sure, there are situations where it's the most usefull, but, from what I can tell, it's when there is a large spawn of small enemies, and to me, using an SUV on a small spawn is a waste.

I personally use ROFL Buster. And unless I'm missing some huge bonus of Sturm, Rafal buster does a TON more damage, and, it may be my opinion, but DEF down on enemies that survive is far more usefull than low level burn.

XenithFlare
Apr 7, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-04-07 09:47, Shade- wrote:
Sturm buster is for people who can't aim. (I'm not claiming I never miss, though)

Sure, there are situations where it's the most usefull, but, from what I can tell, it's when there is a large spawn of small enemies, and to me, using an SUV on a small spawn is a waste.

I personally use ROFL Buster. And unless I'm missing some huge bonus of Sturm, Rafal buster does a TON more damage, and, it may be my opinion, but DEF down on enemies that survive is far more usefull than low level burn.

When I use Sturm, it tends to be on an S or S2 mission in order to make things go faster; anything that does extra damage to enemies is not wasted. But before I unleash fiery missiles, I usually go to town with Twin Mayalee and apply its debuff, to get the most out of the damage.

Rafal I mainly use for bosses, or for largish enemies that don't move very quickly. "Not having to aim" is not a noobish aspect of Sturm Buster; It hits a wide area for a reason, not so people don't have to worry about where they activate it.

Zorafim
Apr 7, 2007, 04:53 PM
I normally get so much more out of sturm that it's pretty much the only one I use. Not only does it not have to be aimed, but it can hit every enemy in the room. I switch out to grom for any bosses or sub bosses that don't move around too much (or in the rare case I can actually hit multiple difficult enemies with one shot).

As a random question, how does Rafel compare to Grom? I keep on hearing that it does overall less damage. Is this true?

Helly
Apr 7, 2007, 07:04 PM
On 2007-04-07 14:53, Zorafim wrote:
As a random question, how does Rafel compare to Grom? I keep on hearing that it does overall less damage. Is this true?

I dunno cause I rarely see Grom but I use Rafal on bosses and it seems pretty powerful. I think since Rafal lowers defense that its hits after lowering would make it even better~on non-bosses I mean.

CyarVictor
Apr 7, 2007, 07:16 PM
Rafal followed by Blitz. Sturm is when I'm lazy or the enemies are too scattered.

KamiSori
Apr 7, 2007, 08:15 PM
Sturm for clearing rooms, Grom for killing a row of big guys or for pounding on a boss, meteor for coolness. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

im pretty sure grom deals the most damage currently if you dont count the sturms burn effect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KamiSori on 2007-04-07 18:19 ]</font>