PDA

View Full Version : PA skill grinding

Ammy
Apr 7, 2007, 01:56 PM
I just started a new hunter and I'm trying to get his PA skills up fast, i'm looking to find the best way to level the PA skills, missions, methods etc.

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, I did a forum search and got a lot of not what I was looking for.

omegapirate2k
Apr 7, 2007, 02:00 PM
Well, I suggest purchasing a ton of 2 or 3 star yohmei versions of the weapon whose skill you want to raise, and just continuously spam the skill during missions until it levels up.

ashley50
Apr 7, 2007, 02:02 PM
On 2007-04-07 12:00, omegapirate2k wrote:
Well, I suggest purchasing a ton of 2 or 3 star yohmei versions of the weapon whose skill you want to raise, and just continuously spam the skill during missions until it levels up.

what he said...

Jey
Apr 7, 2007, 02:04 PM
I skill up using the Rescuing Hyuga A story mission. Granted, I don't care about MP/XP but hey, 100 mobs you don't have to chase down and lv35ish bugs aren't that big of a deal to a lv80.

Yuudai_Riisu
Apr 7, 2007, 05:57 PM
On 2007-04-07 12:04, Jey wrote:
I skill up using the Rescuing Hyuga A story mission. Granted, I don't care about MP/XP but hey, 100 mobs you don't have to chase down and lv35ish bugs aren't that big of a deal to a lv80.

he/she just started a hunter I dont think he/she is lv 80

FluxGryphon
Apr 7, 2007, 10:04 PM
Jey's got the idea, though I prefer that mish for leveling techs because machines are squishy against them.

I raised all my hunter PAs to 20 as a WT rather easily by using Yohmei's, like Omega said. I'd also suggest hanging out in C mishes around your level or lower, so you can be sure you'll hit things. (Constantly missing just wastes PP, and doesn't raise your skills.) Avoid areas with fliers (e.g., Shagreece, zoonas, gohgs) 'cause they're best taken down with guns. (Unless you have a handgun PA you'd like to raise.) Kog Nadds and the big lizzy guys on Moatoob, similar type beasties are good for raising mutli-hit skills.

One place (besides LL and FfF) that would work out ok would be the HIVE mish, if you can avoid the Gaos (or take them out with a gun, work on a ranged PA if ya like).

What level is your hunter presently?