PDA

View Full Version : Mechguns, when to use them?

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 7, 2007, 09:42 PM
'cuz i dunno, lol ¯(°_o)/¯

i started liking them recently when a dropped Repeater kinda helped me kill some bees (mind you im lv 71 and it was the latest A rank story mission)

so now i wanna know (title implied) when should i be using a mech, and should i bother synthing a kubara type mech?

CoSine
Apr 7, 2007, 09:58 PM
mech guns have one of the highest damage per second weapons in the entire game....and its a constant flow. Use them when you want to blast through missions for pure speed. Thus I use them for rare hunting missions. Bring a 8-10 stack and watch as you fly through missions faster than fortefighters and figuns.
I use them in LL USP for rappy hunting and in a possible rappy map, I know if its the right one in 3 minutes when I was in fG10. I'm doing a very fast 260 for every hit on a lvl30 light fury.
in my exp, its does more dps than does twins, although of course, runs out of pp faster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CoSine on 2007-04-07 20:00 ]</font>

Rashiid
Apr 7, 2007, 10:00 PM
best use is stationary enemies w/ low evasion or get em 'From Behind!!!"

PMB960
Apr 7, 2007, 10:09 PM
On 2007-04-07 20:00, Rashiid wrote:
...get em 'From Behind!!!"

Actually I found an interesting way to do this. As a Fighgunner use Tornado Dance to blast around behind an enemy and switch to your mechgun while doing so. If done right you can center you self behind an enemy and unload with the Ult. mech PA. It works especially well with large enemies that you can stunlock. Unfortunately this will only work with people who have a fast enough connection otherwise the mechgun won't load quickly enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PMB960 on 2007-04-07 20:10 ]</font>

ZeGoose
Apr 7, 2007, 10:25 PM
Mechguns are pretty good against Jarbas IMO.

jayster
Apr 7, 2007, 10:26 PM
I use them for speed, they can kill stuff quick but on LL SS, my beam vulcan only clears one wave of enemies in a room. You'd be best to get lots of them, like a ful pallete worth to keep in ur inventory... lol I carry around about 4 3* mechguns, besides pp there is very little difference, maybe like 10 damage between 7* and 3*. Also it works very very well on jarbas, you can make them a quick joke. Now I don't think theyr better then twin handguns just bc u use them up a lot quicker and you miss more with them. But handguns aren't as fast a killer as mechguns.

Freshellent
Apr 8, 2007, 03:20 AM
On 2007-04-07 19:42, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:
'cuz i dunno, lol ¯(°_o)/¯

i started liking them recently when a dropped Repeater kinda helped me kill some bees (mind you im lv 71 and it was the latest A rank story mission)

so now i wanna know (title implied) when should i be using a mech, and should i bother synthing a kubara type mech?

Oh,now you start using em. I always whore them out. Get Dark/Ice/Light. Hosing down mobs then cleaning up with saber or dagger can make quick work of just about anything.

LocGaw
Apr 8, 2007, 07:07 AM
Please note:

When using the ult. on Billy and Jarba there is a Spin/Ice chance. Spin is one thing. Ice wall is another. Pushing the Ice spitting Jarba into your teammate for him to get killed is not a nice thing to do...

Thanks for reading,
Loc

AC9breaker
Apr 8, 2007, 08:29 AM
On 2007-04-08 05:07, LocGaw wrote:
Please note:

When using the ult. on Billy and Jarba there is a Spin/Ice chance. Spin is one thing. Ice wall is another. Pushing the Ice spitting Jarba into your teammate for him to get killed is not a nice thing to do...

Thanks for reading,
Loc

Throwing down telepipes under smashers or in a horde of sinows/boomas/dimeans/sharks/etc isn't nice either. Also throwing down telepipes under your teamates right before they start an attack isn't nice either, but its still funny as hell!

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 8, 2007, 11:43 AM
On 2007-04-08 06:29, AC9breaker wrote:

Please note:

Thanks for reading,
Loc

Throwing down telepipes under smashers or in a horde of sinows/boomas/dimeans/sharks/etc isn't nice either. Also throwing down telepipes under your teamates right before they start an attack isn't nice either, but its still funny as hell!

Hmmm....let's do it!

k, now to fail synthing some mechs

edit: Also I'm thinking of synthing one of the B Rank Kubara Mechs, if I should bother with those, which one should I get? I'm thinking that by grinding one of those i can make up a little for the fast PP drain

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-04-08 10:07 ]</font>

Emrald
Apr 8, 2007, 12:31 PM
I'm not a gunner class. But I'd say use them to get hits on everyone so you can get EXP on everyone.

Golto
Apr 8, 2007, 12:35 PM
I made some 8* kubara machine guns. High pp = good for mechguns. They appear to grind well in the PP stat too.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 8, 2007, 12:36 PM
Well, tagging isn't a problem, I just wanna kill stuff fast so

A: Faster mission runs, 'cuz I hate long missions
B: Easier soloing

That and since I've decided to add the mechgun to my arsenal I need to know which one(s) to use

Edit: which Kubara Mechs?
Edit 2: Oh duh, the only 8* K-Mechs there are http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'd have to wait for the A grinders though to grind them

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-04-08 10:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-04-08 10:39 ]</font>

Golto
Apr 8, 2007, 12:45 PM
Beam Vulcanic 8* avg +25 pp per grind +
Machineguc 6* grind well too avg +22 per grind +
Maggac 6* very poor pp gain from grinding lol avg +6 pp per grinding +

So i'd make Beam Vulcanic and Machineguc is you want some good pp from grinding.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 8, 2007, 12:47 PM
On 2007-04-08 10:45, Golto wrote:
Beam Vulcanic 8* avg +25 pp per grind +
Machineguc 6* grind well too avg +22 per grind +
Maggac 6* very poor pp gain from grinding lol avg +6 pp per grinding +

So i'd make Beam Vulcanic and Machineguc is you want some good pp from grinding.

HEY-OOOOO

LocGaw
Apr 8, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-04-08 09:43, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

On 2007-04-08 06:29, AC9breaker wrote:

Please note:

Thanks for reading,
Loc

Hmmm....let's do it!

k, now to fail synthing some mechs

edit: Also I'm thinking of synthing one of the B Rank Kubara Mechs, if I should bother with those, which one should I get? I'm thinking that by grinding one of those i can make up a little for the fast PP drain

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-04-08 10:07 ]</font>

lmao!!!

I am glad someone picked up on it. Great fun to have with friends. Not so much fun when you don't know the guy...