PDA

View Full Version : The mini map should be able to be removed.

Trioxin13
Apr 7, 2007, 11:09 PM
I wish they would give us the option to turn off the mini map in the corner.

After running a map a few times, I never really look at it anymore, just takes up space... never really looked at it on new maps either.

Would probably help out with some of the slowdown on consoles too.

Dj_SkyEpic
Apr 7, 2007, 11:10 PM
I use it to pin-point the enemy locations so that I can successfully attack a foe with diga and etc.

Tra
Apr 7, 2007, 11:13 PM
GPS device ftw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Shimarisu-
Apr 7, 2007, 11:15 PM
hay DJ did u write that fantastic poem in ur sig? :3

Dj_SkyEpic
Apr 7, 2007, 11:18 PM
On 2007-04-07 21:15, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Yea. I'm going poetry crazy lately. So many thinking and etc. All of my Game names and Team box text are filled with poetry every game I make.

Here's a close-up to my sig with better detail:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/WingedDjBig.jpg

A2K
Apr 7, 2007, 11:23 PM
Hay now, let's not get off-topic, k? lol ^____^

The mini-map is quite useful, as DJ mentioned, at pointing out enemy locations. Things like worms, even when buried underground, are indicated on the HUD thusly. I suppose if you really didn't want it there, it would be nice to turn it off--but don't underestimate its value.

Also, as a 360 user, playing the game in widescreen will make it take up much less room on the screen, if you have that capability.

Trioxin13
Apr 7, 2007, 11:25 PM
Yeah I guess it's good to spot the baddies... maybe I'm just used to playing Story/Extra now and I also soloed a lot when I played online with my ps2, so everything came straight at me.

EDIT: Nope, no widescreen here... maybe in the future, I hope.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Trioxin13 on 2007-04-07 21:26 ]</font>

Mattardo
Apr 8, 2007, 12:17 AM
THe name bar on the left is permanently burned in on my nice widescreen. Damn it. They should make that move in small icrements to prevent burnin. But that would require forethought.

Thrash777
Apr 8, 2007, 01:18 AM
The map is also extremely useful in dark rooms for finding enemies, aka Bruce's and Lab amongst others...

Siertes
Apr 8, 2007, 01:20 AM
I like it for shooting at enemies off screen. I don't always have the patience to wait for a better camera angle.

Yuudai_Riisu
Apr 8, 2007, 03:29 AM
On 2007-04-07 22:17, Mattardo wrote:
THe name bar on the left is permanently burned in on my nice widescreen. Damn it. They should make that move in small icrements to prevent burnin. But that would require forethought.

*hint* dont use projection Tvs with videogames.

Proff
Apr 8, 2007, 05:37 AM
I don't see why the PS2 version doesn't support widescreen or progressive scan. Then, a lot of the stuff taking up tons of space on the screen wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Mattardo
Apr 8, 2007, 10:48 AM
On 2007-04-08 01:29, Yuudai_Riisu wrote:

On 2007-04-07 22:17, Mattardo wrote:

*hint* dont use projection Tvs with videogames.

I think videogame companies have had plenty of time to realize that many people own projection televisions. The same goes for all those wretched television stations that keep their logo on the screen forever.

Rashiid
Apr 8, 2007, 10:49 AM
i look at it 24/7.

so, removing it would be quite stupid.

theyre should be an option tho if you want it or not.

Serephim
Apr 8, 2007, 11:32 AM
In PSO i RELIED on that map. (thinks of Ruins or Caves without map...)

(*shudders*)

And without the map on Neudaiz, omfg id never even achieve a C rank with the amout of times id end up going backwards.

Scion
Apr 8, 2007, 12:09 PM
On 2007-04-07 21:18, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

On 2007-04-07 21:15, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Yea. I'm going poetry crazy lately. So many thinking and etc. All of my Game names and Team box text are filled with poetry every game I make.

Here's a close-up to my sig with better detail:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/WingedDjBig.jpg

Dammit, DJ...Your wings are better than mine!!! ='[

Anyway, back on topic. XD

I always use the map...I use it to be able to properly place a ra- tech or barta/zonde/megid. I also use it so that I can buff mid-battle, because my perception of depth is a little off when it comes to playing this game (I swear it seems like people will be in range when I buff x_x)