PDA

View Full Version : Human Fortefighter?

MrMadison
Apr 8, 2007, 12:06 AM
hey, first post. nice place you got here. just peeking my head in to say hi. bought PSU last week or so, registered here a few minutes ago.

hope to see you folks ingame (XBox 360) sometime.

anyhow...i can't decide on anything man.

I got a Human that is level 14 now(my only character) that was planned to be a Guntecher. but now I think I want to be a Fortefighter(I wanna use Claws and Fists I think). I was thinking about just switching him over to Hunter and going from there, but I dunno.

from what i read on the Official PSU Forums, Humans are horrid as Fortefighters compared to Beasts and Casts.

would it be in my best interested to re-roll a Cast? sorry, as much as everyone loves Beasts, I just can't find a beast model that I like looking at. its the ears, i think. so I'd have to be either Human or Cast. staying with my Human is my first choice, of course. but i would not be adverse to playing CAST.

are Humans really THAT bad as FF? am I going to be subjected to "you shoulda made a Beast you suck" for as long as I play?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrMadison on 2007-04-07 22:11 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Apr 8, 2007, 12:08 AM
hey. Belongs in Launge

Mattardo
Apr 8, 2007, 12:11 AM
Already you have members pointing out your errors and how stupid you must be to post something in the wrong forum. Welcome to PSOworld: land of the snob pricks who can only feel better by pointing out the mistakes of others. Enjoy your stay. Soon your skin will be tough like nails and you'll be just as bitter as DikkyRay. Don't worry: it takes practice, but you can do it. Welcome.

Cz
Apr 8, 2007, 12:11 AM
welcome to PSU, the world where u will be spending 1000+ hrs. of your life....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

MrMadison
Apr 8, 2007, 12:12 AM
On 2007-04-07 22:08, DikkyRay wrote:
hey. Belongs in Launge

*points up at Original Post*

better?

Mattardo
Apr 8, 2007, 12:15 AM
Don't change your posts for others. Be yourself, an individual. And if you want to play as a human fighter than do it. I personally don't care what people say to me or about me while playing this game. That's what the kick-out-of-party button is for. Someone doesn't like your choice of what makes you happy? KICK! Then the hilarity ensues as all the other members lear respect and bite their tongue quick! Rule with an iron fist!

MrMadison
Apr 8, 2007, 12:16 AM
On 2007-04-07 22:15, Mattardo wrote:
Don't change your posts for others.

I didn't. I was gonna make a seperate thread for the Human FF stuff, but i said "what's the point, when I just made a brand new thread 30 seconds ago?"

Mattardo
Apr 8, 2007, 12:20 AM
You disagreed with me? :0 Excellent, my young apprentice..you will do well here. BWahahahaha. But seriously, I have a human fortefighter that goes between wartekker and super hunter, and I have loads of fun with him. Of course, my girlfriend tries to humiliate me with her beast super hunter who is 10 levels lower and much more powerful, but that's natural for her to do. It's a womans job to make a male feel like shit.

TorterraEndor
Apr 8, 2007, 12:22 AM
Human fortefighter is far from bad. You won't have as high of stats as you could, but its all up to you. The thing with humans is, you can't really go right or wrong with them.

Edit: And on the plusside, being a human makes you versatile, you can always level another job for kicks and not be super gimped at it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TorterraEndor on 2007-04-07 22:22 ]</font>

Micro
Apr 8, 2007, 12:43 AM
I have a Human ForteFighter and he does just fine, you dont have the HP/ATP like a Beast but play whatever you want to play, just have fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Gemel
Apr 8, 2007, 12:48 AM
My human goes Fortefighter sometimes and I dont do bad. Really the only class that can do "bad" as Fortefighter would be Newman and only because they dont get to use weapons as soon.

Stats dont matter THAT much so that you have to switch races.

(Also another advantage of staying human is that you will also be Guntecher with class bonuses.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gemel on 2007-04-07 22:51 ]</font>

LocGaw
Apr 8, 2007, 07:25 AM
It is not that bad. You smile when casts they get creamed by spells for 1k damage. You smile when Beasts just spamed their Axe skill and missed every shot too...

Of course, Humans have their down side. They will never be "the best" at any job. However you can shut that down with a simple "player skill > job/race"...

Please enjoy the game.

MrMadison
Apr 8, 2007, 07:20 PM
ok, so I think I've decided to stick with my Human for now. I'll see how it goes.

at least i should be able to have an easier transition to a new job if I don't like Fortefighter.

Mayu
Apr 8, 2007, 07:31 PM
Humans are good at everything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It's not bad

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 8, 2007, 07:36 PM
I have a Human Fortefighter, and he does just fine. I've said this quite a few times, but I'll say it again. Humans can be good at ANYTHING, Hunters, Forces, Rangers, hybrids, or whatever. Humans don't shine in anything, and they don't suck at anything.

NPCMook
Apr 8, 2007, 07:49 PM
Ignore the trolls and take this to heart "Cookie Cutter is for chumps"

Mattardo
Apr 8, 2007, 07:50 PM
And besides: humans are naturally a superior species, so it doesn't really matter if a beast laughs at you: it's a beast! They only have their freedom because WE gave it to them. Robots, well, robots have no souls, so it doesn't matter what they think either because they're going to hell in the end regardless of their actions. Yup. And Neumanns are just genetic fuckups that somehow escaped the lab and started learning cheap parlor magic tricks. Can something in a lab have a soul or a right to life? Not sure on that. HUMANS UBER ALLES!!!

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 8, 2007, 07:57 PM
got a level 35 Human Fortefighter right here, and I'm quite pleased with him, I'm just a little impatient on the weapon equiping, but as long as I can equip a 9* Sword before level 60 or 70 I'm good ^_^

DonMakaveli
Apr 8, 2007, 08:33 PM
Im thinkin' human can be a good FF plus u got those crea weaps, humans are good at everything, tho' not the best on anything, if you don't know quite what to follow but you sure you don't want techs, be a Cast, they are great FF (better than beasts in my opinion, since i hate to see "0's" ), and they the best with guns. anyway welcome to psu have fun

VanHalen
Apr 8, 2007, 08:44 PM
On 2007-04-07 22:48, Gemel wrote:
My human goes Fortefighter sometimes and I dont do bad. Really the only class that can do "bad" as Fortefighter would be Newman and only because they dont get to use weapons as soon.

Stats dont matter THAT much so that you have to switch races.

(Also another advantage of staying human is that you will also be Guntecher with class bonuses.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gemel on 2007-04-07 22:51 ]</font>

Actually Newman Fortefighter is not that bad. Just in the beginning it is. It gets better around FF 2. As a newman you have the 2nd highest accuracy so you can hit targets alot(Use Gravity Strike and you won't even tell the difference I mean that thing is gonna be dead).

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 8, 2007, 09:34 PM
Actually, I don't think anyone is bad as Fortefighter. Yeah, Newmans don't have the best ATP around, but they can still kill stuff, and they have better defense than beasts and casts of most other classes, if not all of them.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 8, 2007, 09:45 PM
On 2007-04-08 19:34, Shiroryuu wrote:
Actually, I don't think anyone is bad as Fortefighter. Yeah, Newmans don't have the best ATP around, but they can still kill stuff, and they have better defense than beasts and casts of most other classes, if not all of them.

I lol'd

KamiSori
Apr 9, 2007, 01:17 AM
newmans will only ever have better MAGIC defense than other races. they have the lowest DFP but the highest MST.

Syl
Apr 9, 2007, 01:21 AM
On 2007-04-08 23:17, KamiSori wrote:
newmans will only ever have better MAGIC defense than other races. they have the lowest DFP but the highest MST.

And EVP >.>

-Ryuki-
Apr 9, 2007, 01:21 AM
Ryuki was a ForteFighter (my former lvl 80). He didn't have the high damage
as most Beasts would, but he had more MST, which compensates for a lot.
Accuracy, also. Human anything, isn't bad at all. That's what makes them
unique.

Mystil
Apr 9, 2007, 06:03 AM
You know what MST does right? MST doesn't equal = less physical damage which you incur 80% of the time. Human fortefighters and I say this with experience, can't take alot of damage. DEALING damage is not the problem. I've said that for the longest time now. Even wearing Crimson line 28% fire, S2 De Ragan's "walking" will slap you around for 120-150dmg. A beast and a cast wearing the same thing at the same level is going to take less. They also have 1.5x more HP and wont need to spend 5 dimates a second.

There is a huge gap in ATP, DFP and HP between beasts and humans. Not going to like what I said, but no one does really, but if you're using that combo you're just doing it cause you're doing what you want, you want to be different, and you probably think beasts look ugly, and casts(in the case of males) have crap parts. You are'nt doing it to be sufficient or efficient.

And I'm not being a troll. After 580hrs on my human fortefighter, I got sick of being a burden to forces and a burden to myself. Having the best gear you could possibly get and it not amounting to anything cause the base stats on my character sucked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-04-09 04:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-04-09 04:09 ]</font>

Mattardo
Apr 9, 2007, 06:46 AM
Everyone's a burden to a force. I could be dealing 1000s of damage points constantly to monsters, but no I have to make sure people don't die. It doesn't matter who it is, unless they know how to use mates they're burdens. If I had the mentality of not wanting to be a burden to others, gosh I'd feel bad every time I missed, or a monster blocked or etc..etc.. Great Granny Crabbottom was a burden: she went in the home!

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 9, 2007, 08:33 AM
On 2007-04-08 19:45, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

I lol'd

Here are some stats according to the stat calculator thing Sounomi posted in the stat thread:
Newman Male Fortefighter 100/10
HP 2285
ATP 787
ATA 348
TP 243
DFP 201
EVP 168
MST 140
STA 10

CAST Male Fighgunner 100/10
HP 2379
ATP 849
ATA 447
TP 184
DFP 195
EVP 212
MST 55
STA 12

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 9, 2007, 08:35 AM
Well, nto much of a difference in HP, sux that CASTs get more ATP, but Newmans do get more dfp.

Starlet
Apr 9, 2007, 09:37 AM
I have human FF too. She's fairly decent. I used to equip Solid / Hit S for axes, but as she lved up, found that I didn't really needed it. Now using HPC & lots of high % weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 9, 2007, 09:43 AM
On 2007-04-09 06:33, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2007-04-08 19:45, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

I lol'd

Here are some stats according to the stat calculator thing Sounomi posted in the stat thread:
Newman Male Fortefighter 100/10
HP 2285
ATP 787
ATA 348
TP 243
DFP 201
EVP 168
MST 140
STA 10

CAST Male Fighgunner 100/10
HP 2379
ATP 849
ATA 447
TP 184
DFP 195
EVP 212
MST 55
STA 12

yeah but that's fF to FG, the FG's have lesser defense, and it would seem that even a fF Newman, as they should, would have more DFP

Good show Shiroryuu and Sounomi

Mikaga
Apr 10, 2007, 01:28 AM
Even in that comparison, the 85 more MST that the Human has above means they take ~17 damage less. Now when the CAST has hundreds of points more HP than the Human, this means it'd have to take many hits for a TECHNIC to kill you or the CAST's HP beats the Human's MST.

I'm talking "So many hits it's not really a threat anymore". Even in the Human-favouring comparison above, if the enemy's TECHs are strong enough to take 6 or less hits to kill either of you the CAST is better off.

VanHalen
Apr 10, 2007, 01:42 AM
On 2007-04-09 04:46, Mattardo wrote:
Everyone's a burden to a force. I could be dealing 1000s of damage points constantly to monsters, but no I have to make sure people don't die. It doesn't matter who it is, unless they know how to use mates they're burdens. If I had the mentality of not wanting to be a burden to others, gosh I'd feel bad every time I missed, or a monster blocked or etc..etc.. Great Granny Crabbottom was a burden: she went in the home!

QFT. I find beast fFs to be a bigger burden to forces than human ones cause of their nanoblast(you know with the palette being locked an all). Now that force has to run around and play heal bitch to a 7 foot tall cat or that kitty is going to lose one of his/her's 9 lives. Now who's the burden?

Cz
Apr 10, 2007, 01:47 AM
Sano i am one of those kitty...lol. I got a scape to back me up though...hehe. When i play as a FO i didnt find myself having any burden. Probably cause i like being a supporter. If u dont like to heal much or other cant take care of themselve then let them die...really.

VanHalen
Apr 10, 2007, 01:49 AM
On 2007-04-09 23:47, BunnyGirl wrote:
Sano i am one of those kitty...lol. I got a scape to back me up though...hehe. When i play as a FO i didnt find myself having any burden. Probably cause i like being a supporter. If u dont like to heal much or other cant take care of themselve then let them die...really.

I wasn't trying to personally attack Beast lol. I was just trying to defend humans. Personally I care not for supporting people(it's actually my favorite). It's just some people that do. They know who they are!

Cz
Apr 10, 2007, 01:56 AM
A good Fo can do massive damage while keeping the teammates alive. A FO that complain about doing his/her job really should just focus on one thing more. Being a FO can be such a headache sometime but it isnt that much of a big burden...lol. No one is a burden just the ppl u play with might suck that is all...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sexy_Raine
Apr 10, 2007, 02:30 AM
Although my human servant isn't hunter, Nova is a human fortegunner and can kick ass. I didn't know what I wanted as a ranger, since Da ANA's the only Cast that is going to be under me, and he's going fortefighter. I have a huge pet-peeve for having something inferior when it came to lower stats, so my choice for who I wanted under me as a ranger was not easy, believe me! Low-tier crap isn't allowed to serve me either!
I had my doubts at first, so I gave Nova a chance to see what she has. I couldn't be more happier. She's never got any hate from others for what she is either. Nova is an extremely rare exception to what I mentioned above, so for who those who see her better appreciate what she is.

So what I'm trying to say is if you want to be a human fortefighter, then go ahead. Just know what to expect from it, and be willing to except your choice. I hope this helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-04-10 00:52 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Apr 10, 2007, 02:39 AM
i like my human fortefighter...

This game is different to other games...even if something is "gimp" they are still good enough to not really notice

imfanboy
Apr 10, 2007, 02:55 AM
there are only 4 'gimp' class/race combos in this game - either kind of cast fortetecher, and either kind of newman protranser. I know a male cast fortetecher, and have known a female newman protranser - both were excellent players who played their choices more out of stubbornness, and the joy of flipping off other people who tried to tell them how they SHOULD play.

That being said, male human fortefighter is going to do just fine. This isn't like other games where HALF the classes were gimped if you didn't have the PERFECT race for it - hell, that cast fortetecher is probably one of the better support FOs that I know; he's so good at it that he speeds up a mission just by being there.