PDA

View Full Version : I play with PSUs Graphics on Minimum

Lumaar
Apr 8, 2007, 09:51 AM
Anybody play PSU on really low graphics and resolution? Its pretty cool and ugly. 640 Rez, 16 colors, all that stuff. I laugh at it. 3 Frame Skip makes the game look like...

My computer is High End but sometimes bad graphics make the game a little more fun to me. I liked Super Nintendo over PlayStation 2 when I was a kid.

Lumaar
Apr 8, 2007, 10:30 AM
What the heck? This Topic was moved from PSU General to PSU General?! It didn't move at all.

Guess no one wants to say they play on Minimum Settings. It looks like PlayStation 1 almost, really ugly choppy and stuff.

Maybe this Topic should be removed.

Rashiid
Apr 8, 2007, 10:33 AM
lol.

Serephim
Apr 8, 2007, 10:42 AM
I personally think the cool photon effects are awesome, but sometimes they really annoy me.

Lumaar
Apr 8, 2007, 10:45 AM
On 2007-04-08 08:42, Serephim wrote:
I personally think the cool photon effects are awesome, but sometimes they really annoy me.

I turned that off. It makes the game a little hard sometimes since we cant find the element color.

ashley50
Apr 8, 2007, 10:55 AM
uhm i do play on minimum settings ..>.> since I have a crappy PC

VanHalen
Apr 8, 2007, 11:28 AM
I play on minimum settings. I keep the post effects on though(I play on a laptop).

Emrald
Apr 8, 2007, 12:33 PM
I play on minimum but not bare. I am set on 1 frame skip and 32 color.....but when I get my new Dell XPS....<3

Lumaar
Apr 8, 2007, 12:40 PM
Cool! I guess people do play PSU on minimum graphics. I sort of like it though. My PC can run PSU at high graphics but its good to change it to crap once in a while.

Thanks guys for posting, now I have new friends lol. Graphics arent that important to me. I prefer Gameplay than visuals. I also feel that high graphics might kill my video card too so it seems safe.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 8, 2007, 12:42 PM
my computer can run it at high graphics, but it tends to slow down more often. I like graphics lower to keep the pace up.

THE JACKEL

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 8, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-04-08 10:42, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
my computer can run it at high graphics, but it tends to slow down more often. I like graphics lower to keep the pace up.

THE JACKEL

PsyX
Apr 9, 2007, 05:48 PM
I hate using 640 x 480 (am forced to on my laptop) as everything in the damn game is relative, so the HUD (health, pallette etc) becomes gigantic, the rest of the game is smaller and the whole screen feels cluttered.

Other than that, looks perfectly fine on lower graphics. Textures are a bit grainy, but I can live with that.

I dunno if it's a glitch with my laptop's graphics card, or because I'm using low graphics settings...but for some reason weapons on my laptop lack the glowing colour around the blade (the different coloured aura type thing surrounding the blade showing different elements) which will then randomly re-appear when I'm using PA's. Also sometimes the blade completely disappears.

Bah.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PsyX on 2007-04-09 15:49 ]</font>

MaximusLight
Apr 9, 2007, 05:51 PM
HERE! I'm nearly on the lowwest 800 by 600 and everything else on the lowwest XD. And people wine when the PS2 has a slight bit of lag ptfft.

Lumaar
Apr 9, 2007, 05:57 PM
There's one thing I notice thats bad about having bad Framerate is that it takes so long to scroll through your stuff while holding a key on the keyboard. Its probably just me.

Lumaar
Apr 9, 2007, 06:01 PM
On 2007-04-09 15:48, PsyX wrote:
I hate using 640 x 480 (am forced to on my laptop) as everything in the damn game is relative, so the HUD (health, pallette etc) becomes gigantic, the rest of the game is smaller and the whole screen feels cluttered.

Other than that, looks perfectly fine on lower graphics. Textures are a bit grainy, but I can live with that.

I dunno if it's a glitch with my laptop's graphics card, or because I'm using low graphics settings...but for some reason weapons on my laptop lack the glowing colour around the blade (the different coloured aura type thing surrounding the blade showing different elements) which will then randomly re-appear when I'm using PA's. Also sometimes the blade completely disappears.

Bah.

"Post Effect" or something like that on PSUs Graphics settings should be turned "On" I think.

Spacepest
Apr 9, 2007, 06:52 PM
On 2007-04-09 15:48, PsyX wrote:

Up until a couple of months ago I pretty much played on the lowest settings (I got PC upgrades for Valentines day, whoohoo). I'm still surprised every time I log in now not to find my HUD not all cluttered and huge on my screen.

And this game doesn't look too bad on low res mode, unlike some other online games I've played...lets just say World of Warcraft and Everquest 2 on low res mode are not pretty.
(That reminds me, Nougami's sig was taken in low res mode, must remake a new one in hi res).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spacepest on 2007-04-09 16:54 ]</font>