PDA

View Full Version : AoI new character plans

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 8, 2007, 09:53 PM
Well, looks like PSU AoI has some new classes and/or new improvements to the currently existing classes. Assuming that these classes stay the way they are, anyone here gonna make their existing characters anything new or make new characters?

For me, I'm gonna keep my main, my male human and make him into an Acrofighter. I've wanted S rank Twin sabers and Acrofighter sounded more suitible to him than Fighgunner. Also, AF gets more ATP than Fighgunner, and I don't get the association with the billions of Human Fighgunners who do that job for Double Sabers(a weapon which he doesn't even touch too much).

Next, I'm gonna make a new female newman and make her a Wartecher. Looks like WT is now geared more towards attack magic, which could help Newmans a bit, but I want the option of melee as well, and I also like the new facial options for females better in this game.

Not sure on other characters, or if I'm even going to make others or just stick to these two.

NPCMook
Apr 8, 2007, 09:54 PM
Staying Guntecher!

Gemel
Apr 8, 2007, 09:55 PM
Staying Wartecher, but Il probably level up AcroTecher too

TorterraEndor
Apr 8, 2007, 09:59 PM
I don't feel I can make an accurate assessment of each of the classes at this point.

If nothing changes from the beta, then I likely won't change either.

Kaydin
Apr 8, 2007, 10:00 PM
Fortetecher all the way. I might try out the new classes on some of my alts, though.

VanHalen
Apr 8, 2007, 10:02 PM
Staying Fortefighter but I will make my newman a Fortefighter and Acrofighter.

Lamak
Apr 8, 2007, 10:02 PM
Staying Wartecher. My goal right now is to level my lvl 17 barta to lvl 21 so I can wtfpwn.

Ether
Apr 8, 2007, 10:03 PM
My Fortetecher will stay one, possibly level Acrotecher as well

My Figunner will be switching to Wartecher and later Acrotecher

Schubalts
Apr 8, 2007, 10:06 PM
If ST finally lets us have more than 36 PAs, I'd be Protranny, Fortefighter and Acrotecher. Looks like it'll be Fortefighter and Acrotecher, though.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 8, 2007, 10:07 PM
Gunna keep trying to give FG a good name down in the hurr[/Über wiggar], but I'll be making back and forth switches from fF to AF for the Marquis, if not then just AF

Lamak
Apr 8, 2007, 10:09 PM
What is so appealing about Agrotecher? Am I missing something?

SandstormX
Apr 8, 2007, 10:11 PM
I'm keeping my Newman and i'm gonna go with Acrofighter. Slicers have always been my favorite weapon. I can't wait to try them out. When I played pso, I used to Roleplay that I was a rare diska hunter and I had to find all the "golden diskas". I still havent found them all there were like 3 I still havent found. I remember Hell was one of them. Anyway, I guess I will be able to carry on with the Slicer hunting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Can't wait!

RedX
Apr 8, 2007, 10:12 PM
Staying PT, S ranks yes please. I'll use an alt to test the new stuff, but i haven't even tested everything in this game yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Schubalts
Apr 8, 2007, 10:12 PM
Evasion based light melee. Uber support TECHNICs. Level 30 bullets. S Madoogs. Almost as much TP as a Fortetecher. S WHIPS.

Basically, Wartecher with more emphasis on support, instead of offense.

Lamak
Apr 8, 2007, 10:13 PM
Since when did people in PSU want to support? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

VanHalen
Apr 8, 2007, 10:16 PM
On 2007-04-08 20:13, Lamak wrote:
Since when did people in PSU want to support? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I like playing a supportive role.

-Ryuki-
Apr 8, 2007, 10:20 PM
Reminds me of when I deleted my lvl 80 Ryuki, to remake him just for AoI purposes.

VanHalen
Apr 8, 2007, 10:22 PM
On 2007-04-08 20:20, RyukiZero wrote:
Reminds me of when I deleted my lvl 80 Ryuki, to remake him just for AoI purposes.

Oh so that wasn't a clone.

Lamak
Apr 8, 2007, 10:22 PM

wat

DonRoyale
Apr 8, 2007, 10:23 PM
Shadow's staying, becoming an Acrotecher
Hagane's staying, he'll be a Protranser
Not sure if I'm keeping Drake, still deciding
Replacing Ruby with Basilisk, but keeping the job of Guntecher

l_Will_l
Apr 8, 2007, 10:25 PM
if i was to remake any of my characters it would be my cast. only because of new faces. i know u cant change the face in this one will u be able to change the face of your psu character when u go to aoi? because if not im definatley changing him when the new faces come out.

Dj_SkyEpic
Apr 8, 2007, 10:42 PM

Even though for AoI purposes, I still didn't understand why x.X; It's basically Ryuki but "rebooted" x.x;;

Was it because you wanted less PAs in your list?

Pengfishh
Apr 8, 2007, 10:43 PM
I'll probably convert my Fighgunner into an Acrofighter. Doublesabers are nice and all, but single Daggers are my favorite weapon, and Slicers were one of my favorites in PSO, so I'm sure I could find something suitable to replace the two palette spots that Doublesabers currently occupy; I am already playing more with Twin Daggers anyway. Even so, I can replace those with anything else easily.

Yeah!

Ryoten
Apr 8, 2007, 10:49 PM
Ryoten is staying & may switch over to Arcofighter. Brent Artimoto is still becoming a Fortefighter. I still have two more slots left so I'll create a female cast that will become a arcotecher.

AweOfShe
Apr 8, 2007, 10:52 PM
My Newman will stay Protranser, Fighgunner, Wartecher, and Guntecher. But I may add Acrofighter, and Acrotecher into the mix. No matter what, she will stay a Non-Fortetecher Newman, because she rocks the way she is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 8, 2007, 10:56 PM
I just got my char to a protranser that is dangerous. I was hoping they would get some of the new weapons...no such luck....So i probably wont switch right away but i will probably eventually switch to somebody with the whip

Guarionex
Apr 8, 2007, 11:05 PM
My fighgunner is going to stay that way. I might switch her to fortegunner before AoI to start rasing her crossbow and twin handgun bullets tho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

My guntecher... I don't know what to do with him. I'm thrilled with what they are doing to guntechers in the suport magic area, but I had a wartecher before, which is sounding tempting. BUT I want level 40 bow bullets and now that they will be able to use S rank bows, I think I'll also keep him that way.
I get to use all four new weapons between my 2 characters, so I'm happy.

Siertes
Apr 8, 2007, 11:08 PM
I plan to remain a Fortegunner, but my only absolute rule is to follow the guns. If a new type of gunner class shows up (which doesn't seem likely), I may consider switching to that.

Dj_SkyEpic
Apr 8, 2007, 11:18 PM
Staying fortetecher mainly for lvl 40 Techs. Once I cap all techs ( which would be never ), I'll be going to AcroTecher to cap support techs.

At that time, I will be someone's Acrotecher slave. Who wants dibs? ;D

AweOfShe
Apr 8, 2007, 11:20 PM
I call dibs.

Kupi
Apr 8, 2007, 11:37 PM
I've actually dropped the game until AoI comes out. Acrotecher is what I've really wanted to do since the beginning, and there's so little overlap between that and the abilities currently available to a Fortetecher that I'd rather just start fresh with everyone else who might be starting new characters.

Dragwind
Apr 8, 2007, 11:38 PM
Wartecher till I die, Acrotecher to support when called upon :3

-Ryuki-
Apr 8, 2007, 11:39 PM
I guess you can say it was for less PA's in my list, but, it's like this.
Ryuki was a former FF, and now he's reborn into a WT, who'll
soon go into PT, and then fall back on FF. Granted, I could've done
this as my lvl 80, but it's NOT the same. Gimpy/learning new stuff
in S/S2 = bad. I wanted to play Ryuki differently, and I wanted to
do it in his early stages, not when there's nothing left to do.

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2007, 11:47 PM
Even though I love agility based characters, they're so bland in PSU that there's no reason too. If missing wasn't exactly like hitting with a stunned enemy, and if evading wasn't like getting hit by a strong attack, then I may consider it. But for now, heavy DoT and fluid PAs are calling my fortefighter.

*I'd so much rather be a ninja than a knight...*

DarkEliteRico
Apr 9, 2007, 12:11 AM
On 2007-04-08 20:02, Lamak wrote:
Staying Wartecher. My goal right now is to level my lvl 17 barta to lvl 21 so I can wtfpwn.

don't wartechers techs cap out at 20 though?!?

PJ
Apr 9, 2007, 12:14 AM
None changing. The new jobs look like they're made of suck.

Guarionex
Apr 9, 2007, 12:16 AM
On 2007-04-08 22:11, DarkEliteRico wrote:

not on AoI. wartecher's attack spells will reach lvl 30

DarkEliteRico
Apr 9, 2007, 12:34 AM
On 2007-04-08 22:16, Guarionex wrote:

On 2007-04-08 22:11, DarkEliteRico wrote:

not on AoI. wartecher's attack spells will reach lvl 30

nice nice, then yet again my time isn't wasted lvling my techs up.

Kent
Apr 9, 2007, 12:38 AM
I'll make a male Human Wartecher... Gonna be like my FOmar in the PSO of old. Minus the scythes. I'll be starting over from scratch, and on the 360 version, once the expansion comes out...

You know:

Dagger+Madoog
Spear/Twin Daggers
Slicer+Card
Longbow
Wand+Madoog
Wand+Madoog

And then, my female Newman will probably be either Acrofighter or Acrotecher... Probably the latter. I really wish there was a type in the game that was more like how the HUnewearl was (more of an emphasis on melee than on techniques), as it'd make a nice complement and contrast to how Wartecher is balanced out.

Allison_W
Apr 9, 2007, 12:42 AM
The new jobs look made of jawesome and winburger. In particular, I have one character, Oleander Bree, who's supposed to be roguish, versatile, and scrappery--either Acrofighter or Acrotecher sound like they'd work for her, but I'll send her Acrofighter first--in the meantime, I'll probably do a lot of Guntecher with her (and perhaps even after AoI comes out, to play with the new S-rank bows), probably doing some Fighgunner as well to level PAs for Acrofighter. Another of my characters, Allison Wilder, was originally conceived of as a "white mage" type, and I love to mix melee and teching, so she'll probably go Acrotecher--in the meantime, Wartecher and Fortetecher, and perhaps some Guntecher in order to level twin handgun PAs.

As for new cosmetic options... hrm. I could definitely see both Oleander and Janie wearing the new clothes, and I might get some items from the new caseal parts set for the CASTazon I'm making right now (spent all day working on her today, at that; I don't know how to make decisions). The new hairstyles look sweet, but the problem with changing hair is that a change of hairstyle can make a character look no longer like themselves. I'll all but certainly play with the CASTazon's and Janie's (maybe try a zippy short hairstyle for the CASTazon and a cute ponytail and bangs for Janie?), but Allison and Oleander may well end up keeping the hairstyles they've had since creation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allison_W on 2007-04-08 22:48 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 9, 2007, 12:43 AM
WT is more like HUmar, and AT is closer to FOmar. Also, WT doesn't get slicers.

My main, a Beast WT, will become an AT, but switch back and forth between that and WT as needed.
My secondary, a Cast FG, will do both GT and fG, but I can do that part now once I cap FG.
My third, a Newman, will likely stick to just being a fT.
My fourth (assuming I ever decide to level him, which is not likely), a Human, will do PT and AF.

Megalomax
Apr 9, 2007, 12:49 AM
Main Charater: Megalomax/Male Newman/Lvl: 56/Foretecher Lvl:5
Secondary Charater: Naru Lvl:32/Lvl:8 Hunter/Beast Might Kill... I mean Delete my other 2

KamiSori
Apr 9, 2007, 12:53 AM
i cant decide whether to make my beast an acrotecher or acrofighter. i love these classes because of their weapons selections. s rank daggers AND s rank guns??? HELL YEA

i dont know what to do with my cast atm. like one of the previous posters i will probably recreate him completely unless they give us the ability to change faces.

ThEoRy
Apr 9, 2007, 01:09 AM

I always play support.. It's a big part of my job...

Shade-
Apr 9, 2007, 01:11 AM
My current main will either become obsolete or will change from fortegunner to protranser.

I've got a fresh character in the works though. It's fun having a lvl 5 with a combat ready PM running around 1 shotting anything on C rank.

That's supposed to be a Beast Arcotecher. S-Saber+MAG and S-Dagger+MAG = win of the highest order. Whips and cards make the deal that much sweeter. Unfortunatly, I have no idea as to what the requirements will be needed. All I can guess is it will need somewhere between 5-10 on force, and something else. Hopefully it's just a combo of basic classes. Worst case it's something like lvl 5 wartecher and level 5 fortecher, also meaning lvl 3 hunter and lvl 10 force.

I'd just like to say that my guess is there will be an Arcogunner, and the addition of a 4th basic class, Arco/Acrobat. I could be way off, but it makes enough sense to me.

Any speculation on what the Acro- class requirements will be?

ThEoRy
Apr 9, 2007, 01:11 AM
On 2007-04-08 23:09, Octagon wrote:

I always play support.. It's a big part of my job...alternate char will prolly be acrotekker for the lvl 50 buffs..

Raysa
Apr 9, 2007, 01:15 AM
On 2007-04-08 19:54, NPCMook wrote:
Staying Guntecher!

So am I!

More points to us! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I probably will try Acrotecher(on an alt) also, because I love support. I was gonna try Fortetecher, but I got "LOLZ NUB ur Diga is only 10" as a Force. So I decided on Guntecher. Which by the way was the best choice I did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raysa on 2007-04-08 23:15 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Apr 9, 2007, 01:17 AM
I have an open slot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'm going to see which, if any of the new classes suits a human male

I have a Beast Fortefighter, I have a hard time seeing him change (though I REALLY want slicer)

I have a CAST GT, and they basically got everything one could dream of and more (no change)

I have a newman wartecher. My intent is that she use mostly techs, with perhaps 1 or two slots open for melee/ranged. Madoog make this possible. I la them.

Soukosa
Apr 9, 2007, 01:24 AM
For those wondering about the new classes, they're like this.

AF - Think of a high EVP FF that uses mainly single handed weapons with some gun usage. Haven't spent much time with it yet but it seems quite interesting for those like that fast paced melee combat. You also shouldn't underestimate Shadoogs. I imagine higher rank ones will be very useful to such a class.

AT - Basicly like an FT with greater melee capabilities. Don't let the fact it has S rank melee weapons fool you, it's still very tech oriented, alot more so than WTs. It's designed for those that want to use melee with a tech caster and it works rather well with that. I highly discourage using it as a melee with Resta/Reverser on the madoog, it's not worth it. Plus the class has low DFP so you will get smacked around alot if you don't use a good EVP race. For those that really want to have buffs and Resta with melee, I'd say WT is still your best bet. They do get A rank madoogs after all, which should be decent for quick restas.

Scion
Apr 9, 2007, 01:29 AM
Hikaru will always be a Fortetecher! I can't possibly have him as anything else!

But, I could mess around with my alts a bit.

Lucio - Fortefighter, mainly. But, he could switch off and go into Fighgunner and Wartecher, especially since WTs get 30 in skills. And if Acrotecher stays the same as it is now, I'll make him that too. Nothing sounds hawter than a male Beast playing the role of what we all knew as the FOmarl. I don't know...that just sounds sexy to me. XD

Robo Hik - Can't really see him do anything other than Guntecher, especially since they get level 30 in support techs! I could have him go Fortegunner but I don't have the PAs to any of the guns they get S ranks in (like I'll actually find those S ranks, lol).

Cecilia - She'll be staying as a PT mainly. Might make her go fortefighter or fortegunner since she already has the PAs to those weapons anyway. Maybe even Acrofighter to give that a quick whirl. XD

OK, so maaaaaaybe I won't be changing around much, but if anything intrigues me to change into anything else, then you know I'll be jumping at the opportunity! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sgt_Shligger
Apr 9, 2007, 02:33 AM
On 2007-04-08 20:42, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

Even though for AoI purposes, I still didn't understand why x.X; It's basically Ryuki but "rebooted" x.x;;

Was it because you wanted less PAs in your list?

Has to do with that fact he just wanted to play Ryuki differently, from scratch. At level 80, it's going to Hella suck getting 10 levels in force. . . Once you hit a certain level, making a dramatic job change isn't exactly practical.

Ether
Apr 9, 2007, 02:41 AM
On 2007-04-09 00:33, Sgt_Shliggy wrote:

Has to do with that fact he just wanted to play Ryuki differently, from scratch. At level 80, it's going to Hella suck getting 10 levels in force. . . Once you hit a certain level, making a dramatic job change isn't exactly practical.

At level 80, you're strong enough to do whatever you want. You can get a basic class to 10 in like 2 hour with the new De Ragan mission

Zarode
Apr 9, 2007, 03:44 AM
I'm thinking of running away from Fortegunner. Far far away. :S

Pootranser all the way! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Alisha
Apr 9, 2007, 04:08 AM
On 2007-04-08 22:43, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
WT is more like HUmar, and AT is closer to FOmar. Also, WT doesn't get slicers.

My main, a Beast WT, will become an AT, but switch back and forth between that and WT as needed.
My secondary, a Cast FG, will do both GT and fG, but I can do that part now once I cap FG.
My third, a Newman, will likely stick to just being a fT.
My fourth (assuming I ever decide to level him, which is not likely), a Human, will do PT and AF.

how is WT even remotely likie a humar? i dont recall humar having techs that could outdamage its melee wich is one of my main beefs with WT. AT is also nowhere near a fomar/l neither of those classes sacrificed melee power for support techs. what ive always wanted for psu im likely never gonna get is fomarl, a class with support techs that derives the bulk of its damage from melee. hell for all i care it can have protransers stats.

i'm looking at:
beast female FF
cast F Fig
human F AF

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-04-09 02:11 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Apr 9, 2007, 05:10 AM
On 2007-04-09 00:41, Ether wrote:

At level 80, you're strong enough to do whatever you want. You can get a basic class to 10 in like 2 hour with the new De Ragan mission

At level 80, going to Force lvl 1 in an
S/S2 rank = death. That's a no go, especially
when all you planned on lvling (at the time) was
just Resta and Reverser. Trust me. I don't regret
deleting Ryuki just to "start from scratch."

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2007, 05:16 AM
Tynselle will basically remain Guntecher. (Hey, she follows those Twin Gunnies to a tee). Still, she'll probably also sub as an Acrotecher, in part because they still can use the guns (just not S rank), still excercise her supporting style, and dabble with an instrument her father was first famous for demonstrating..the photon whip.

LAMB1
Apr 9, 2007, 05:23 AM
yo im stayin PT fo life, those classes dont even sound appealing to me

Criss
Apr 9, 2007, 05:28 AM
Sryche will forever stay Guntecher. I love playing that class way too much to change, especially now that I'll finally get some decent support tech levels. The only thing affected will be my palette configurations. I'll probably swap my machine gun and an extra wand for a slicer/madoog pairing.

I wasn't sure whether to make my Cast alt a Fortefighter or Protranser, but with the crazy fun I've been having with traps on my GT lately, and seeing the class changes on AoI, I'll probably make her Protranser.

Eleina
Apr 9, 2007, 05:36 AM
FT for life!!!! Eleina is a FT and will remain that way he he he (lv 40 techs *drools*) even if that means levelling megid (again...when will it end *sigh*) but then again i can't wait to see it's power krukrukru......

My Beast alt touching all the jobs might try out the new classes though

_Wolf_
Apr 9, 2007, 06:28 AM
Im gonna keep my charecter but change classes to see what it is like

Angelo
Apr 9, 2007, 07:01 AM
FORTEFIGHTER TIL DEATH!!! RAAAARGH!
-smears facepaint on and raises axe-

Sekani
Apr 9, 2007, 07:09 AM
On 2007-04-08 19:59, TorterraEndor wrote:
I don't feel I can make an accurate assessment of each of the classes at this point.

If nothing changes from the beta, then I likely won't change either.

Para
Apr 9, 2007, 07:10 AM
Im going have to add acrotecher and acrofighter to my signature.

Remedy
Apr 9, 2007, 07:10 AM
Since when did people in PSU want to support? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gifI, for one, love supporting, hence why I'm so bitter that one of the two main roles a Fortecher has (support) is being stolen from us. =/

That said, I'll probably dabble between Fortecher and Acrotecher, depending on my mood - assuming I keep playing after AoI releases. I'm still quite bitter about the support hit we're taking, and from what I've heard, ATTACK techs are being weakened as well... so why the hell be a Fortecher anyways? =-.-=;

omegapirate2k
Apr 9, 2007, 07:16 AM
I'm likely going to have my main go acrofighter, and then I have an alt I plan on making a fortegunner, and I may make another alt to go either wartecher or acrotecher, because I want to cast spells and use single sabers alot with him.

Rashiid
Apr 9, 2007, 07:22 AM
im not too fond of those acro-classes.

ill just make BulletMaster a guntech.

i think i might drop Sha`raun.....

i rarly play on er anymore....

id make a nice lil pot o loot from her weapons.....

RadiantLegend
Apr 9, 2007, 07:56 AM
ForteFighter and fortegunner characters will always remain their job.

There might be a FT/AT beast

or some 4th character that might be a PRO..... (the 4th slot is probably not going to make it into a character for battle usage)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ragolismine on 2007-04-09 05:57 ]</font>

pokefiend
Apr 9, 2007, 08:00 AM
I'm keeping Abby as a Guntecher/Fortetecher hybrid. However I dont know where I'm gonna fit a madoog on her pallette while she's a Gt. >< gonna have to get rid of the crossbow -_-

Also, my brother Ryu, will probably become a Protranser.

As for thundercats, He'll likely switch on and off from Fortefighter to Acrofighter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-04-09 06:04 ]</font>

PJ
Apr 9, 2007, 08:17 AM
On 2007-04-09 05:10, Remedy wrote:

Since when did people in PSU want to support? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gifI, for one, love supporting, hence why I'm so bitter that one of the two main roles a Fortecher has (support) is being stolen from us. =/

ONE status level down is NOT a big deal.

Kupi
Apr 9, 2007, 08:26 AM
On 2007-04-09 06:17, PJ wrote:

ONE status level down is NOT a big deal.

I have to agree. Fortetechers still have the second-highest support cap in the game, and their cap is at the same level as every other type of skill caps out at normally. (To put it another way, the Acrotecher's 50 cap in Support is the only cap among all classes that goes that high.) Furthermore, there are nine classes and only six spots in a party, with some classes (namely, fighters) being far more likely to overlap than others (namely, techers). Fortetechers are still very good support units, and I don't think anyone's going to begrudge them taking a party slot that "should" be filled with an Acrotecher.

Scion
Apr 9, 2007, 08:30 AM
On 2007-04-08 21:18, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Staying fortetecher mainly for lvl 40 Techs. Once I cap all techs ( which would be never ), I'll be going to AcroTecher to cap support techs.

At that time, I will be someone's Acrotecher slave. Who wants dibs? ;D

MMMMMMMmmm...Dj as an Acrotecher slave?! *Thinks of all the things he can possibly do to Dj* >:D

So, when is this coming out again? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A2K
Apr 9, 2007, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see some of those LV40 limits go to LV50 in the final release (or even before the trial is complete), to be honest, but that's just pure speculation on my part.

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2007, 08:31 AM
Actually, from the whole way this game is set up, I've never really seen a party run where more than one Force-type was not welcomed. In fact, normally that means life gets easier for both of them because they get to cover for each other.

On the other end of the spectrum, it'll be a while before we see a lot of Acrotechers with support skills up as far as to surpass the Fortetecher. (Still kind of curious about the TP difference between a Fortetecher and an Acrotecher, when considering technics that actually use TP)

Still, since Acrobats and Circus folk were my idea, in the first place; I'm looking forward to seeing what they are about. I'm kind of thinking Mufonna may go the way of the Acro-fighter, in the future, but I'm not sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-09 06:34 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Apr 9, 2007, 09:16 AM
On 2007-04-09 06:31, Akaimizu wrote:
Actually, from the whole way this game is set up, I've never really seen a party run where more than one Force-type was not welcomed. In fact, normally that means life gets easier for both of them because they get to cover for each other.

QFT

Sekani
Apr 9, 2007, 09:29 AM
On 2007-04-09 06:31, Akaimizu wrote:

Actually, we saw this happen last night. We had two fortetechers, and one (a support-style force) was complaining because the other was doing buffs as well. Craziest thing ever.

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2007, 09:35 AM
Well, ok. There are some exceptions when you have people who don't know how to share. Most of the time, I ask the other force what kind of Techs they plan on using, or what they're looking to work on. After I get that information, I reconfigure to cover the stuff they didn't mention.

Sometimes I love it when they say *I'll do buffs* so I can really go to town with Debuffs ('cept Zalure as Twin MayaLee is my new god. (ok, just kidding)) and raise them. Of course, my favorite time to use debuffs is on those monsters that buff themselves. (Buff denied!!!) I can especially see myself liking the TP/MST debuff because the monster's TP/MST buff seems so significant, in this game. At times, it could seem like the best buff to remove, in the game. However, I'm just waiting for SEGA to put in levels where you have Bill De Veers paired with Technic users that have SHIFTA. Then that would be a pure sign SEGA is directly intervening to promote Jellen.

However, we often took advantage of this, by splitting the party in two (particularly when we want some extra speed in completing the mission). One force goes one way with a couple others, and I'll automatically go the other way, with the rest. Of course, big rooms always can use 2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-09 07:41 ]</font>

Candor
Apr 9, 2007, 09:43 AM
I will definitely try out Acrofighter on my beast, Slicers were my favorite weapon in PSO and I want to see how good shadoogs are. So if slicers and shadoogs rock then i'm throwing out fF. Not too sure what to do with my alts, none of them are even close to expert classes yet so maybe i'll spend some time getting them ready for AoI.

ShidenTsu14
Apr 9, 2007, 12:28 PM
Is it just me or is Acrotecher massively overpowered in terms of PA caps? And why is there no Acrogunner?

On topic, im prolly gonna stay FG with my main. Level 40 BAs will take awhile http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2007, 12:32 PM
I think a lot will have to do with, a comparison of actual character stats for the job, as well as what weapons they're limited to using. Still, I'd love to see how incredibly slow (even with spamming) a level 40-50 technic might be. Ok. To go from 41 to 42, I'll have to use this 5000 times(j/k). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-09 10:32 ]</font>

ShidenTsu14
Apr 9, 2007, 12:34 PM
On 2007-04-09 10:32, Akaimizu wrote:
I think a lot will have to do with, a comparison of actual character stats for the job, as well as what weapons they're limited to using. Still, I'd love to see how incredibly slow (even with spamming) a level 40-50 technic might be. Ok. To go from 41 to 42, I'll have to use this 5000 times(j/k). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-09 10:32 ]</font>

Yeah that may scare some people at first. But imagine leveling rifles to 40? Thats just as scary!

Candor
Apr 9, 2007, 12:38 PM
On 2007-04-09 10:28, ShidenTsu14 wrote:
Is it just me or is Acrotecher massively overpowered in terms of PA caps? And why is there no Acrogunner?

On topic, im prolly gonna stay FG with my main. Level 40 BAs will take awhile http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As far as Acrogunner, think about the other acro classes, they are the only ones to have S rank mags so they are based around the use of mags (using the term mag to refer to both madoogs and shadoogs). Since Shadoogs are left handed along with every single handed gun... well you get the idea.

Kaloa
Apr 9, 2007, 01:30 PM
I'm probably going to remain a FT. AT looks tempting, but they don't get srank wands or rods. Or do they? I'm pretty sure I read that they don't, and that makes them sound really boring. What's the fun in being a force character without the sexy force gear?

Ethan-Waber
Apr 9, 2007, 02:29 PM
acrotecher and fortetecher.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 9, 2007, 02:31 PM
how is WT even remotely likie a humar? i dont recall humar having techs that could outdamage its melee wich is one of my main beefs with WT. AT is also nowhere near a fomar/l neither of those classes sacrificed melee power for support techs. what ive always wanted for psu im likely never gonna get is fomarl, a class with support techs that derives the bulk of its damage from melee. hell for all i care it can have protransers stats.

Cast warechers are kinda like HUmars. Their techs suck, but there fighting stats are very good. I figure Wartecher is more like HUnnie though.

AT is the closest thing to FOmar I've seen (better in some ways even). FOmars had horrible DFP, and a very limited amount of melee weapons.

Retehi
Apr 9, 2007, 02:48 PM
Fortegunner to the end. I'll still SE more than those damn forces.

Allison_W
Apr 9, 2007, 03:05 PM
On 2007-04-09 03:10, RyukiZero wrote:

On 2007-04-09 00:41, Ether wrote:

At level 80, going to Force lvl 1 in an
S/S2 rank = death. That's a no go, especially
when all you planned on lvling (at the time) was
just Resta and Reverser. Trust me. I don't regret
deleting Ryuki just to "start from scratch."

You can still do A-ranks just for the MP, can't you?

Allison_W
Apr 9, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-04-09 11:30, Kaloa wrote:
I'm probably going to remain a FT. AT looks tempting, but they don't get srank wands or rods. Or do they? I'm pretty sure I read that they don't, and that makes them sound really boring. What's the fun in being a force character without the sexy force gear?

I think they get A-rank wands, and I haven't heard of them getting rods at all. What they do get are S-rank madoogs--there's your sexy Force gear right there. (And you can still keep all your support techs in one place by putting a wand and madoog right across from one another in the same action palette slot.)

Of course, the fun of Acrotecher is that in addition to being a better support Force than Fortetechers, you can also go Wild West with your twinguns or even dabble in melee with your shmexy whip.

Neith
Apr 9, 2007, 04:37 PM
Newman Acrotecher. I will have a HUnewearl, someway or another http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Fortefighter and Fortetecher are staying the same, Fighgunner is changing to Acrofighter. I hate Fighgunner. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Mikaga
Apr 9, 2007, 05:13 PM
We've yet to see if the Acro types will remain "that good" in the final, or if they are the only new types at all.

Personally, I want to be something other than Fortetecher. AoI has not progressed in a beneficial way for Humans/Newmans, so I am going to make a FCast character now in the hopes that it'll reach whatever the level cap is by the time AoI comes out.

I do not have the time to maintain two characters, so if there really is going to be nothing redeeming the two bad races, I may as well have a Cast main.

Mewn
Apr 9, 2007, 05:43 PM
My main is already an fG and GT, and I plan to dabble more in FG (which she was originally), and possibly WT and PT too. You never know.

I'll probably make a Human alt for some of the new classes. fF/AF/AT on one char? Dunno if it's viable with the PA limit, but hey, you never know, haha.

AxelgearVII
Apr 9, 2007, 05:51 PM
Should I decide to take up the battle again, the only new character I plan to make is the character of my namesake, Axel. I was thinking about making him an Acrofighter, but they cant use swords...But I'll probably go for HU/FF/FG/AF. I wonder though if being able to ascend to level 30 as a hunter makes them as viable as expert classes now? Hmmm....decisions....

TorterraEndor
Apr 9, 2007, 05:53 PM
I'm contemplating making my Beast that is going fortetecher into acrotecher. It'd be the better choice melee wise, and could take a hit to use their support well enough, but the lack of rods is turning me away from it slightly. The only consolation I have is that I won't need to worry about this for 9+ months.

danny_o
Apr 9, 2007, 06:05 PM
I LIKE FISHES CUZ THEY ARE SO DELICIOUS!

NPCMook
Apr 9, 2007, 06:10 PM
On 2007-04-09 15:53, TorterraEndor wrote:
I'm contemplating making my Beast that is going fortetecher into acrotecher. It'd be the better choice melee wise, and could take a hit to use their support well enough, but the lack of rods is turning me away from it slightly. The only consolation I have is that I won't need to worry about this for 9+ months.

Well there get Madoogs and wands, which still gives you enough space to have all the support techs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eeyore
Apr 9, 2007, 06:29 PM

That said, I'll probably dabble between Fortecher and Acrotecher, depending on my mood - assuming I keep playing after AoI releases. I'm still quite bitter about the support hit we're taking, and from what I've heard, ATTACK techs are being weakened as well... so why the hell be a Fortecher anyways? =-.-=;

Where did you get attack techs are weakened? I've seen 31 techs attack power screenshots at the PSU uploader site. I saw some gi, ra, foie, dambarta. none of them looked nerfed. I saw that foie is on its way to get 300% at 40. dambarta 31 gets level 4 freeze. lol if dambarta isn't nerfed why would you think any attack tech is nerfed?

TorterraEndor
Apr 9, 2007, 06:34 PM
On 2007-04-09 16:10, NPCMook wrote:
Well there get Madoogs and wands, which still gives you enough space to have all the support techs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That'd be the solution I would go for. The only problem with that is, is the huge PP difference there would be between the wand and the Madoog, and they don't grind too well PP wise either. I guess worst case scenario would be carrying around a second Madoog for the two buffs not on the wand.

StarHedgehog
Apr 9, 2007, 06:38 PM
Do you think they will add more options to the character creation such as more ears to choose from like the main characters from the story have? I want to make a beast that is simular to Laia from the story.

Kaloa
Apr 9, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-04-09 13:07, Allison_W wrote:

On 2007-04-09 11:30, Kaloa wrote:

I think they get A-rank wands, and I haven't heard of them getting rods at all. What they do get are S-rank madoogs--there's your sexy Force gear right there. (And you can still keep all your support techs in one place by putting a wand and madoog right across from one another in the same action palette slot.)

Of course, the fun of Acrotecher is that in addition to being a better support Force than Fortetechers, you can also go Wild West with your twinguns or even dabble in melee with your shmexy whip.

True, but wands/rods scream force to me more than the madoogs do, and I think they look alot neater. Given the choice of a badass rod or a badass madoog I think I'd rather take the rod. I saw some really neat looking sranks posted awhile back and I really want to be able to equip them.

Trey_Winters
Apr 9, 2007, 06:46 PM
Probably gonna stay Fighgunner on my main, but may try Acrofighter as well. Most likely gonna change my Fortetecher to an Acrotecher, and keep my Fortefighter and Guntecher the same.

New developments might change my mind, so nothing is set in stone as of yet, but that's the route I'm currently planning to go. Probably won't make anyone new, but who knows...

Emrald
Apr 9, 2007, 06:48 PM
I'm keeping my main (female newman) and keeping her a fortetecher all the way. Because all the other mix tech classes suck, including acrotecher....It's like another wartecher.

-Ryuki-
Apr 9, 2007, 06:49 PM
Ryuki is in an awkward path to AcroTecher.
WarTecher > ProTranser > Fortefighter > AcroTecher.

Randomness
Apr 9, 2007, 06:53 PM
Might try Acrofighter on my second alt, but otherwise... going to keep Fortecher and Fortegunner on my main and alt.

e_Tard
Apr 9, 2007, 07:44 PM
I'm going to keep e Tard a fortegunner, but it's questionable if he'll hold up as my "main" character. I'm not too thrilled with the changes to the fG class, lvl 40 bullets will be nice but the melee/shadoog combo is really going to change my playstyle. I haven't used a melee weapon on this character since last november.... no joke. -_- We'll have to see how things turn out for the fGs

I'll probably play around a bit in AT with Satori to see what it's like, but most likely he'll remain a fT.

As for my female human, I'm thinkin she has guntecher written all over her. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ThEoRy
Apr 9, 2007, 07:51 PM
how do you guys feel a male cast would fare as an acrotecher?

Lamak
Apr 9, 2007, 08:02 PM
I hate barta. Lvls so slow...and it stays at lvl 1 freeze. :|

AC9breaker
Apr 9, 2007, 08:04 PM
I'm making a new Newmen character once AoI drops and focusing on Acrofighter. My main will stay Protranser.

omegapirate2k
Apr 9, 2007, 08:06 PM
I fear acrofighter might become the "new fighgunner" if you will, which might turn me away from it >_>

Lamak
Apr 9, 2007, 08:07 PM
I like knowing that I've been wartecher from expert class day. Makes me happy on teh inside.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 9, 2007, 08:22 PM
I don't know about Acrofighter being the new Fighgunner, I mean, no q-tips, err, I mean, Double Sabers.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 9, 2007, 08:22 PM
I'm making a Female Newman Wartecher for AoI.

She may not be able to use S rank Madoogs, but oh well.

Unfortunately looks as though I'll be using 1 wand and 5 madoogs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

I don't know if I want to be an Acrotecher though! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Gryffin
Apr 9, 2007, 08:30 PM
My list is as follows:

Gryffin: Acrotecher (Maybe something else in there too, I can go any class XD)
Alexey: Fortecher/Wartecher
Quetz: Fighgunner/Acrofighter
Lolibot: Protranser

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VanHalen
Apr 9, 2007, 08:32 PM
On 2007-04-09 18:06, omegapirate2k wrote:
I fear acrofighter might become the "new fighgunner" if you will, which might turn me away from it >_>

People said that same thing about fortefighters in the beginning "You know everyone is going to be a fortefighter."

Look who became very popular.

PJ
Apr 9, 2007, 08:34 PM
On 2007-04-09 18:06, omegapirate2k wrote:

Seems a dumb idea to turn away from a class just because it's popular.

Like the people who play Fighgunner and SPECIFICALLY avoid Double Sabers, which is really stupid.

omegapirate2k
Apr 9, 2007, 08:35 PM
It's just a fear, not an assumption http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: I still plan on switching to acrofighter if the stats are to my approval, regardless of people who play it, it's just that I'd like to be just a little bit unique http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-04-09 18:39 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 9, 2007, 08:39 PM
Well, I didn't avoid the Double Saber because so many people used them when Shiro was a Fighgunner. I only avoided them because I simply didn't care much for them as I did for the S rank twin sabers, which is what I'll be getting as Acrofighter. I'm also crazy about getting the cards + dagger combos with lv 30 bullets for the cards as a fighter class. Oh, and lets not forget that crazy evasion along with that better dfp than Wartecher and better atp than Fighgunner. And with humans getting stat bonuses as the class is icing on the cake.

VanHalen
Apr 9, 2007, 08:47 PM
I just hope I don't have to level the force job any. The last time I tried to level force to become a WT didn't go so well.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 9, 2007, 08:51 PM
Well, they have access to cards, so I guess unfortunately, you'll have to level it up. Hopefully, it shouldn't be any more than 3 or 5 or so, can't see it going beyond that since they can't use techs and the only force weapon they can use are the cards. I think it may be similar to Protranser in that it requires a little bit of everything.

VanHalen
Apr 9, 2007, 09:10 PM
People beat me til I went back to fF http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif .

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 9, 2007, 09:16 PM
Wow, that sux, but I think Acrofighter sounds awesome enough for me.

-Ryuki-
Apr 9, 2007, 09:31 PM
AcroFighter specializes in one-handed fighting. The only two-handed weapons
they use are Twin Sabers.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 9, 2007, 09:35 PM
I think they also get A rank Twin pistols, right? Either way, I'm satisfied with the Twin Sabers, I was planning on having him use those as his main weapon ever since I've first saw the Musashi in PSO.

-Ryuki-
Apr 9, 2007, 10:08 PM
Yes, they get A rank dualies. Then again, so do AcroTechers.
Both Acro classes get Dualies and Fans, and then anything else
depends on their suffix.

Kaydin
Apr 9, 2007, 10:12 PM
Change of plans. I'm going Acrotecher all the way. Using a Madoog/Saber combo gives me the old school FOmar feel, which is exactly what I've been going for - remaking myself as a Human Fortetecher and all. I love it. <3 Hand casting looks so freaking awesome.

Megalomax
Apr 9, 2007, 10:21 PM
*Cries* I really want to plat the Beta Atleast 10-30 Minutes >*:

Kent
Apr 10, 2007, 02:06 AM
On 2007-04-09 12:31, SolomonGrundy wrote:

Cast warechers are kinda like HUmars. Their techs suck, but there fighting stats are very good. I figure Wartecher is more like HUnnie though.

AT is the closest thing to FOmar I've seen (better in some ways even). FOmars had horrible DFP, and a very limited amount of melee weapons.

FOmars were more about being able to do whatever the situation called for at the moment, with the only forseeable downfalls being ranged combat due to somewhat low ATA, and that there's always someone who can do one thing better than you, but that's why versatility is handy.

Which is exactly what Wartechers do (ones that don't suck, anyway).

The only possible way a Wartecher could really be compared to a HUmar, is if you're talking about a character of a race that's specifically weak in TP, and the player chooses to specifically ignore that part, ending up with very weak techniques, being overshadowed by melee capabilities (as you said, only things like CAST or Beast). Even then, HUmars were almost completely "Hunter" - moreso than Wartecher is.

Acrotecher, from what I've gathered from the information presented, is more strictly like a Force than a balance between Force and Hunter. With level 50 support techniques at hand, well, we can see what role they'll most likely be doing, and then probably lobbing techniques or chipping away with melee/ranged weapons for actual damage, but there seems to be little emphasis on this, statistically-speaking.

Tra
Apr 10, 2007, 11:47 AM
I suggest all WTs and GTs switch to fT real quickly right now and get their buffs/debuffs/resta to 21+ right now before AoI comes, where I heard buff parties don't work anymore.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 10, 2007, 12:01 PM
WTs can't go past 20 for Support techs just so you know >.>
But Guntechers can.

pikachief
Apr 10, 2007, 12:05 PM
My main will always be a forttegunner, and switch between that and guntecher everyonce in a while.

My second character is going to be an acrofight, i am leveling her single handed weapons and twin saber PA's as much as possible!

My 3rd character is barely lvl 10 but i will get her up and i will make her an acrotecher!! Idk the requirements so im gonna get 10 over force, hunter, and ranger, then level up what she can use as an acrotecher.

Tita
Apr 10, 2007, 12:54 PM
not a fan of dualies for acro-classes, but i'm sure it goes with the whole high-speed-kill-kill-kill thing they've got going on. no complaints on the card though!
i would have liked a cross bow in the arsenal...

Clobber is staying wartecher/fortefighter/protranser; acrotecher.
HK119: fG, then guntecher. maybe toy with her as a protranser as well

lots of preparation to do as the forte classes for leveling.... >< hoo boy.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 10, 2007, 03:10 PM
To tell the truth, I would have prefered longbows for Acrofighter, but then, that might be broken.

Akaimizu
Apr 10, 2007, 03:18 PM
*Is still amazed that when they posted about "what classes you'd like to see in the expansion", a long while ago, it was Akaimizu's which actually were considered.* Sorry if Acrobats or Circus performers aren't your bag. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif (Though for some reason, I also feel a bit guilty because they both get Twin Gunnies. Precisely the Weapon stressed in the original Six Square Circus backstory.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-10 13:19 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 10, 2007, 03:58 PM
Well, they kinda got what I've wanted, sans the big swords and longbows, but I still think Acrofighter is perfect for my human, since I can finally have a class that has S rank twin sabers with fighter as its suffix.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 11, 2007, 04:23 AM
Me, I'm staying a fortetecher because it's the only class where newman are superior. If Sega give unique items that we can get outside of it(which I doubt Sega gives a damn), then I'll try a secondary class.

Da ANA, fortefighter. Other than that, I just don't know. It's too early to decide.

For Nova, if fortegunner gets shafted, she will go guntecher.

For the mysterious 4th slot, if Sega actually gives newman unique stuff that other races can't get, then it a newman acrotecher. If Sega decides not do shit for newman for having weaker stats, then it will a beast acrotecher(suprised?). With lv50 zodial/zodeel it will completely negate the ATA stat and she will be the strongest acrotecher possible. Single sabers and whips will be the main weapons. Whatever race its going to be, Sega will make that decision for me in the final version.

pikachief
Apr 11, 2007, 11:17 AM
On 2007-04-08 22:14, PJ wrote:
None changing. The new jobs look like they're made of suck.

lololololololololololol

sorry i just thought that that post was halarious

amtalx
Apr 11, 2007, 11:21 AM
I'm staying as Fortegunner, getting my bullets to 40, and calling it a day...see you in the Casino.

CyarVictor
Apr 11, 2007, 11:24 AM
Yep. Fortegunner and Fortefighter. Someone needs to dish out SE's/damage all day.

Weeaboolits
Apr 11, 2007, 01:50 PM
Ria must be AcroTecher, as she must have fast daggers!

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 11, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-04-11 02:23, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Me, I'm staying a fortetecher because it's the only class where newman are superior. If Sega give unique items that we can get outside of it(which I doubt Sega gives a damn), then I'll try a secondary class.

Da ANA, fortefighter. Other than that, I just don't know. It's too early to decide.

For Nova, if fortegunner gets shafted, she will go guntecher.

For the mysterious 4th slot, if Sega actually gives newman unique stuff that other races can't get, then it a newman acrotecher. If Sega decides not do shit for newman for having weaker stats, then it will a beast acrotecher(suprised?). With lv50 zodial/zodeel it will completely negate the ATA stat and she will be the strongest acrotecher possible. Single sabers and whips will be the main weapons. Whatever race its going to be, Sega will make that decision for me in the final version.

Actually, I heard from Sounomi in the Q&A thread that maybe, just MAYBE that Newman Acrotechers in particular might be faster with their attacks than Human or any other race Acrotechers. Just what I heard, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

AL1ST0R
Apr 11, 2007, 02:02 PM
ALready working on my new chracter hes lvl 10 already in only 2hrs ! ! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif but yea im going to make him Acro XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AL1ST0R on 2007-04-11 12:05 ]</font>