PDA

View Full Version : Falkis S remind me of something called "fun"

Guarionex
Apr 8, 2007, 11:24 PM
And even tho it was a very long, frustrating journey that took almost 2 hours (1 min 58 second to be exact) of our lives, I found the last battle as fun as it was hard.
Some of the team member ran out of scapes and mates, so we actually had to rely on stars and moons. It reminded me of the old PSO days.
And "THAT" attack, (which it did at least 3 times) is a great opportuniy to come up with funny one liners (which sadly, the best I came up to was "NOT IN THE FAAAAAAAAACE!")

Now I imagine some of you will say "lolz Falkis S is ez j00 suck!"so go ahead and get it out of your system.

It's kinda sad that finding teams outside Raffon Lakeshore is extremely rare.
(I wanted to do small tours to different planets and now Jess is all by herself in the Oasis http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

So, any kind of interesting Falkis experiences? Mine range from sleepling players stabbing walls from random talk abiut excesive death of black men in movies

edit: why is that title always eat everything I enclose in "this"? >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guarionex on 2007-04-08 21:25 ]</font>

Dragwind
Apr 8, 2007, 11:28 PM
I would definately have to agree. Falkis S is indeed a fun mission as it can be hard as well. It does at times almost feel like the old days of running "ruins" on pso.

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2007, 11:34 PM
It'd be alot more fun if I knew how to fight it. As it stands, the only thing I can do against him is run and get one shotted.

Midicronica
Apr 8, 2007, 11:35 PM
That mission is great and makes for some interesting stories. I try to get groups togetheto do a run or two for it whenever I can and it usually turns out great. As long as we have Lan Katana's (Pal Rappys) trusty Giresta everything is alright. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Lately, my friends and I have been playing a large variety of missions that we would just wouldn't play for various reasons. Hmm, the point I'm trying to get across.. Variety=Fun. Get out of Labs and play some different missions. We just ran through Dimmagolus S (Desert Terror) and while Bil De Vears are definitely scary they're nothing when hit with my Ensei-sou 30. >D

Kinfante
Apr 8, 2007, 11:35 PM
I do "AGREE" (carrying the quotes on)

jayster
Apr 8, 2007, 11:37 PM
I ran 3 dark Falkis S today http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Guarionex
Apr 8, 2007, 11:46 PM
On 2007-04-08 21:34, Zorafim wrote:
It'd be alot more fun if I knew how to fight it. As it stands, the only thing I can do against him is run and get one shotted.

Well, as a level 63 human fighgunner, my damage wasn't that impressive, but sometimes, a good challenge is fun. I just shoot it in the face with my twin handguns (actually, I think I just randomly shot at him while running) but at one point, some of my teammates ran out of scapedolls and mates, so I became the healer (thanks to star atomizers)

I guess that to me, just seeing the ultimate attack 3 times and surviving it while yelling "NOT IN THE FACE!" or "QUICK! DODGE!" was enough for me. But then again, I'm sometimes easily amused. (which I sometimes find to be one of my best traits)

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2007, 11:48 PM
So, you shot it in the face. I wish I could do that.
Rather, I wish I didn't have to do that.

renzosh
Apr 8, 2007, 11:51 PM
its pretty cool, but its impossible to find a party.

Guarionex
Apr 8, 2007, 11:54 PM
On 2007-04-08 21:48, Zorafim wrote:
So, you shot it in the face. I wish I could do that.
Rather, I wish I didn't have to do that.

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong. Well, half wrong. I shot it, AND ran like a little girl. (not that I have anything agains little girls, but it would be odd if my character ran like a little boy, since she IS a girl) Oh, and got hit by a giant rock a couple of times.
As I said, I'm easily amused.

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2007, 11:56 PM
The point is, I'm the worst possible job for using pew pews.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 9, 2007, 12:15 AM
after this week, I'll be doing that mission plenty. 50% light... crea doubles, muktrand, giza-misaki. Very good weapons for any dark mission. Then I got some other good weapons for support, such as twin handguns and X-bow bullets. It's all good. I'll live there, as I lived at LL to get Crea Doubles, then Hive to get BH, and currently live at LL(again) to get halp serafi.

THE JACKEL

Chuck_Norris
Apr 9, 2007, 12:25 AM
yeah fakis S is the best mission on all of PSU if you ask me the only way it could be better was if you had to kill it with a reaction command like in kingdom hearts or god of war that would be cool.

pRoJeCtFaMe
Apr 9, 2007, 12:46 AM
My very first falkis fight was an hour after the update came about. The cap was still lvl 70 and ofcourse was also the day ult. PAs released.Anyways,we formed a team of all lvl 70s and we went to try out the new mission..We were shocked to find buffed enemys let alone being lvl90 monsters..to make long story short..we all ran out of scapes and didnt get our mp and frag.. >.> plus the mission took about 2 hours. Falkis is an a** to fight but is very fun..but its true how everyones at lakeshore and is very hard to find a team to do missoins else where...

jayster
Apr 9, 2007, 01:03 AM
I had to message everyone on my friends list to get a party together for it. Each time everyone but me and my buddy magic dropped out so we had to find new people lol. Being level 80 and spending all the time and effort to get there, dark falkis is my chance for some fun and actually not doing a mission to gain something, just pure entertainment. It was very refreshing, put a new feel into the game. Me and my buddy are doing more runs tomorow if anyone is interested (no scapes). And this is xbox360. Message l2k rambo.

Cerberus1981
Apr 9, 2007, 01:04 AM
I want to give this mission a try but no one is ever interested in doing it, would love to do some rare hunting on some of the other missions but I'm stuck doing labs because that's where everybody is.

Niered
Apr 9, 2007, 01:40 AM
On 2007-04-08 21:56, Zorafim wrote:

Haha, yah ya are. I think I was in one of the first parties you ever fought Falkis in, with Jife and Sexy Raine. As I recall, you cost us S rank, and ended up getting the Fakis core >=O IRONY!!!!

It would be nice for ST to make it easier for Melee attacks to hit Falkis, but then again...being a ranger and loving the fact that Im the only class that can efectively attack him is also fun. =D

RadiantLegend
Apr 9, 2007, 08:01 AM
Ah the good o' Fakis...

I need to get back at my fakis S runs.

omegapirate2k
Apr 9, 2007, 08:06 AM
lolz Falkis S is ez j00 suck!

I do agree though, Dulk fakis S IS fun, he is by far the most enjoyable boss to fight.

pokefiend
Apr 9, 2007, 08:11 AM
It's no fair! whenever ppl mail me to do Dulk Fakis S's either one of my brothers are playing, or I'm to dam busy. I really want to do one. especially with my new 18% dark nafri-senba ^_______^

jayster what time will you be on. I'd love to do one w/ you.

Rashiid
Apr 9, 2007, 09:11 AM
it still is the best mission. (fun-wise)

still cant beat our record:

100 deaths on teh spot!!

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2007, 10:07 AM
Falkis S reminds me of something called "Disgaea".

(Yep, I said it again) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And out of character reaction, from me, (during THAT move) would be. "Ok. So how did THIS GUY get Laharl to teach him that?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-09 08:15 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 9, 2007, 10:47 AM
On 2007-04-08 23:40, Niered wrote:

On 2007-04-08 21:56, Zorafim wrote:

Haha, yah ya are. I think I was in one of the first parties you ever fought Falkis in, with Jife and Sexy Raine. As I recall, you cost us S rank, and ended up getting the Fakis core >=O IRONY!!!!

It would be nice for ST to make it easier for Melee attacks to hit Falkis, but then again...being a ranger and loving the fact that Im the only class that can efectively attack him is also fun. =D

That was my first Fakis S outside of story mode. Any time I saw an opening to attack, I ended up using a scape. That happened about seven times, and I died four more times from random attacks I couldn't predict.
Heh, he's alot easier on extra, isn't he?

By the way, I traded the cor for an Easter Egg >.>

CyarVictor
Apr 9, 2007, 10:50 AM
I love fighting Falkis S as a fortefighter. Not hard to hit him, just hard to get to the force(s) when he's raining meteors and one large planet. I wish more played there, really hard to find people who want to do it for fun.

Zorafim
Apr 9, 2007, 10:54 AM
Not hard to hit him? When are you able to hit him?

CyarVictor
Apr 9, 2007, 10:55 AM
As a fortefighter: in his face, his tail, his body, his arms, his face. When couldn't you hit him as a fortefighter?

Zorafim
Apr 9, 2007, 10:58 AM
Well, the problem wasn't so much hitting him as it was getting blasted for 4k damage after I hit him. I guess I just don't have his attacks down yet.

CyarVictor
Apr 9, 2007, 11:20 AM
No, I know that same feeling. Getting tailed whip, yet somehow get landed by 3 consequetive hits at 700 a pop. But avoiding his attacks to attack him made it fun. That and watching someone in the middle of a PA get blasted by a green beam whne he's upside down makes my day.

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2007, 11:24 AM
He definitely sounds like a lot of insta death, for almost everybody. I haven't tried him on S yet, though most of everybody I knew, never went up against him until level 70 or so. I haven't gotten there yet.

jayster
Apr 9, 2007, 11:45 AM
If anyones interested, Im running this in about 40 minutes. I think we have 4 people so far. Me, abby, magicalflame and alverez. If anyone else is interested let me know. I'll probably do it 3-5 times today.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 9, 2007, 02:49 PM
On 2007-04-09 08:54, Zorafim wrote:
Not hard to hit him? When are you able to hit him?

When the body is NOT hovering over the floor (that is, when a grenade launcher would simply fire into the abyss below it XD), there should be opportunities to hit it with melee attacks. I know I like to wail on it with my saber every so often. I can't remember exactly when dodging is necessary during those times though, if at all. And it kinda moves too much sometimes. (maybe certain PAs would help though)

Serephim
Apr 9, 2007, 03:05 PM
In all truth, the reason most of the time PSO was fun was the difficulty assoicated with the game.

I mostly sell my scapedolls in Extra mode and keep one or maybe two on me, but i NEVER stock on them, beacuse it completely takes away the need to actully fight smart like you do in PSO.

Im extremely estatic they took Scapedolls out the shop in PSUAoI. They also need to make them as rare as they were in PSO. Having an Extra Life shouldnt come that cheep.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 9, 2007, 03:17 PM
They made scapedolls rarer? Oh...I certainly hope the guys at ST made improvements to the hit detection then, so that I won't be dying from attacks that didn't even hit me. And it'd be nice to add a way to prevent or dodge Fakis's ultimate attack.

Speaking of which, does anyone know for sure if it's possible to damage Fakis while it does its ultimate attack? I'm sure it takes damage during this time, but I dunno... I tend to fire grenades into him while he does this, my PP does drain when I fire (and any mates or sols used do regsiter, so I'd imagine so), but I cannot see the numbers pop up when the camera moves far away so I cannot see the numbers, making me think Fakis might be invulnerable for that brief duration.
...and what the hell is this, Final Fantasy? I'm trying to KILL SOMETHING here, not fucking gawk at some meteor shit that's impossible to dodge anyway, making being able to see it virtually pointless! If I wanna stare at inevitable death (or just insane HP loss), I'll rotate the camera myself or go into FPV and stare at it. ...hell, maybe even shoot at it in hopes that it'd break into smaller pieces.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-04-09 13:21 ]</font>

Cerberus1981
Apr 9, 2007, 03:17 PM
On 2007-04-09 13:05, Serephim wrote:

Im extremely estatic they took Scapedolls out the shop in PSUAoI. They also need to make them as rare as they were in PSO. Having an Extra Life shouldnt come that cheep.

In that case they need to give fortefighters a defense boost or at least allow them easier access to decent armour from the off since there are some attacks we just can't avoid. Gunners and techers can just sit back and damage from afar but we don't have that luxury.

I'm all for a challenge and having fun but I don't want to rely on having a good force and I don't want to cost someone experience and money because I haven't got scapes.

Jey
Apr 9, 2007, 04:29 PM
Who cares if they don't sell scapes in AoI, there's no rank penalty for dying if your party members don't carry Moons or Giresta. As long as you don't home-point (er, respawn to lobby) no big deal. Now, if Moons aren't sold in NPC stores that might be different, but it's not like they don't drop willy-nilly anyway.

re: trying to hit Fakis while it's doing the big-honking-meteor. It doesn't appear on the mini-map while it is doing that attack, and while I haven't tried pulling up the full map while in that fight, I'm assuming it's somewhere too far to fire (probably vertically, too) at until at least the meteor is bashed.

'sides, better to concentrate on topping off your hp (mebbe sol'ing anyone stunned around you) and using a trimate.

I love that mission though.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 9, 2007, 05:46 PM
On 2007-04-09 14:29, Jey wrote:
Who cares if they don't sell scapes in AoI, there's no rank penalty for dying if your party members don't carry Moons or Giresta. As long as you don't home-point (er, respawn to lobby) no big deal. Now, if Moons aren't sold in NPC stores that might be different, but it's not like they don't drop willy-nilly anyway.
Er, I completely forgot about the impending adjustment to the death penalty. Whoops. Well, hit detection needs to be improved anyway to reduce scape or moon usage and reduce overall annoyance.

re: trying to hit Fakis while it's doing the big-honking-meteor. It doesn't appear on the mini-map while it is doing that attack, and while I haven't tried pulling up the full map while in that fight, I'm assuming it's somewhere too far to fire (probably vertically, too) at until at least the meteor is bashed.

'sides, better to concentrate on topping off your hp (mebbe sol'ing anyone stunned around you) and using a trimate.

I love that mission though.

Usually I am already in the middle of raining down grenades on some part of the beast (whatever part of it hovers over the floor) and people tend to be too far away or on the OTHER side of the enemy for me to use a sol on them (I aint trying to run around that long-ass neck!). Topping off my HP is done while I rain grenades down hoping Fakis aint invulnerable (it would be incredibly lame if it were).