PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trap issues?

Jakosifer
Apr 9, 2007, 02:57 AM
Just a few minutes ago on my last mission, I set a Burn Trap G for a group of Mizuras and when I set it off, it didn't do ANY damage or cause the burn effect. And Im 100% it wasn't lag or anything because after the trap failed I switched to my Daggers and pulled off a beautiful set of 7 "0"'s while they were in the same spot. Later on I tried to freeze a group of Jarbas and when i set it off, the same thing happened, no effect, no damage, no nothing, so I use the rest of my traps to test it (5 Damages, 4 Burns, 4 Freezes and 5 Confusions). Again, no effect at all...So I get pissed off and quit. Now maybe Im just overreacting to a minor glitch or something but that pisses me off when my traps don't work. <_<

So as the title says, has anyone else been having problems with traps or am I just a glitchfest?

Criss
Apr 9, 2007, 05:07 AM
Hey Jako! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I personally haven't had any problem with my traps. Even had fun freezing 4 Jarbas at once with a Freeze Trap G in Labs S2 earlier. XD But I think it might be due to a little PSU problem I call "displacement" that's caused by the fact that monster movement and so many other things are handled client-side in PSU. Displacement is where you see an enemy to be in a particular place, and is actually somewhere else, at least from other teammates' point of view.

I think that, because you've been placing traps where you see monsters, you might actually have been detonating them while monsters were in truth out of range. Then when you've started hitting Mizuras, the 0s did pop up because it's handled client-side and your client only sends data that you are hitting the enemy and doesn't compare position, unlike when you use traps.

Anyhow, I'm not 100% sure, but that's my theory on the matter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jakosifer
Apr 9, 2007, 05:35 AM
Ah hey Sryche didn't know you were on here O.o

And yea that probly has something to do with it, there were four of us in the team and all. Maybe Im just thinking too hard about it, I love traps so I hope its not a big problem and that its fixed next time I play. <_<