PDA

View Full Version : Where did my Brucie bonus go!?

Esufer
Apr 9, 2007, 05:56 AM
Why don't people play Bruces anymore? It's fun. And way less mind-numbingly megid-y than Lab s2. So what If the reward isn't as good. WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE PLAY IT ANYMORE!?

I went there the other day, on uni 1, and there was one person there, who was level 12. He was the only person there. =/

Where did y'all go?

Eleina
Apr 9, 2007, 05:58 AM
Bruce is dead people got burned out for spamming the bald guy to much!!!!
And people like to get the better rewards what else can i say

Jakosifer
Apr 9, 2007, 05:59 AM
I miss people being at Bruces too, I love that mission and its such a shame to see the majority of the population crowded at Raffon lakeshore and the Sealabs. Just a damn shame. >_<

Deja_Vu
Apr 9, 2007, 06:08 AM
Why Bruce sucked (in no particular order)

1. A lot of slowdown for PS2 users
2. Boring
3. The xp wasn't that great
4. Crimson Beast and Lab give more MP
5. Some idiot always died or dc'ed and ruined the mission
6. Pretty much needed a full group to S rank it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deja_Vu on 2007-04-09 04:17 ]</font>

Eleina
Apr 9, 2007, 06:23 AM
On 2007-04-09 04:08, Deja_Vu wrote:
Why Bruce sucked (in no particular order)

1. A lot of slowdown for PS2 users
2. Boring
4. Crimson Beast and Lab give more MP
5. Some idiot always died or dc'ed and ruined the mission
6. Pretty much needed a full group to S rank it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deja_Vu on 2007-04-09 04:17 ]</font>

1- True
2- Only if you spammed it the way ppl now spam labs/crimsom -_-
3- True
4- It's all about the mp (ppl love mp to cap classes they will never use http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif)
5- So very true (this is the real reason)
6- Totally wrong just needed ppl who knew how to run the mission (although 4 was a minimum)

Saphion
Apr 9, 2007, 06:30 AM
What do points mean...?

*cups one hand against ear*

Deja_Vu
Apr 9, 2007, 06:30 AM
On 2007-04-09 04:23, Eleina wrote:
6- Totally wrong just needed ppl who knew how to run the mission (although 4 was a minimum)

Yeah well, my buddies never wanted to do this mission, so I always had to play with random people that hardly knew what they were doing. So what I said could be wrong or right depending on the people.

Sekani
Apr 9, 2007, 06:38 AM
I hated the time limit, among other things.

Bruce also seems to be the current e-peen measuring stick, and I really don't care to be caught up in that madness either.

pokefiend
Apr 9, 2007, 07:02 AM
I actually miss that mission now. ;_; regardless it was stressful

On 2007-04-09 03:56, Esufer wrote:
So what If the reward isn't as good. WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE PLAY IT ANYMORE!?

Well actually, consecutive Bruce A, S rank victories would be much more rewarding meseta wise, since those missions only take about 15 minutes each, and you cant lose scapes. The only problem is looking for a balanced competent group to party with.

Angelo
Apr 9, 2007, 07:18 AM
People still crowd at Sealab? I haven't been there in a few weeks.

amtalx
Apr 9, 2007, 07:58 AM
I usually try to mix it up between Crimson Beast and Labs. Although I've found it much easier to get a high lvl party in Labs.

omegapirate2k
Apr 9, 2007, 08:04 AM
On 2007-04-09 05:02, pokefiend wrote:
Well actually, consecutive Bruce A, S rank victories would be much more rewarding meseta wise, since those missions only take about 15 minutes each, and you cant lose scapes. The only problem is looking for a balanced competent group to party with.

It's actually quite possible to S rank labs within 12-14 min with a good party, and the increased meseta reward far outweighs any scape costs, which, if you have enough fortegunners in your party, should be negligible.

SuperRygar
Apr 9, 2007, 08:20 AM
i've never done this mission before >.<

Melora
Apr 9, 2007, 08:21 AM
I love me some Brucey but since I'm class 10, theres not really any need. Hopefully they'll add S and S2 and then me and my Bruce crews will own that place.

pokefiend
Apr 9, 2007, 08:26 AM
...however you're wasting an extra 2-5 minutes between every run looking for a non-bee map.

and no a Lab Recovery S2 w/ one scape lost, does not outwiegh a Bruce Dungeon A run. meseta-reward-wise ^.^

Lab Recovery S2 - S rank = 18.15k - 5k = 13.15k
Bruce Dungeon A - S rank = 15k

15k > 13.15k http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-04-09 06:29 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2007, 08:28 AM
Yeah. I think the S2 missions kind of killed it. People were running Bruce mainly for the mission points. Now that it isn't Mission point king, any longer, people are off of it.

I don't mind running Bruce, but mainly with friends and stuff. They're the most understanding of people running the mission and they support everybody's efforts in trying to do the mission more efficiently.

Right now, when I'm by myself, I usually do various missions around the Planets in an effort to keep raising my Bullet Photon Arts. However, when doing most serious missions, I kind of have to back off that effort since a lot of my *imperative* PAs are already levelled.

I did want to do Crimson Beast last night, with the group, but Comcast decided otherwise. I was in *disconnected* city. They finally got the darn thing back in stride, but then it was time for bed. Oh well. Hopefully that shouldn't happen tonight.

A2K
Apr 9, 2007, 08:33 AM
On 2007-04-09 06:26, pokefiend wrote:
...however you're wasting an extra 2-5 minutes between every run looking for a non-bee map.

That might not be necessary with Friday's update, where several enemies, notably the annoying ones like worms and bees, are being "adjusted". Well, maybe it won't be necessary. It really depends on what exactly they do to them.

cammy17
Apr 9, 2007, 08:47 AM
On 2007-04-09 06:33, A2K wrote:

That might not be necessary with Friday's update, where several enemies, notably the annoying ones like worms and bees, are being "adjusted". Well, maybe it won't be necessary. It really depends on what exactly they do to them.

Obviously raising mizura hp and ata is teh way to go.

Scion
Apr 9, 2007, 09:01 AM
Heh, yeaaaaaaah...As soon as something comes out with better rewards, everyone flocks over there.

It was De Ragan first, then Mizuraki Defense S, then back to De Ragan S (Mixed in with some Relics S), then Lab S once EVERYONE found out about that, then Bruce's B, then De Ragnus S, then back to Lab S2, and now we're stuck at Crimson.

Notice that only two missions in this entire list are NOT on Parum. The other 2 planets don't get any love. x_x

Something better will come along...everyone will move there. Either they're there, or they're at LL hunting rappies *cough*us*cough*.

Rashiid
Apr 9, 2007, 09:06 AM
gawd did i ever hate Bruce.

i did Bruce 3 times.

hated every moment.

same map after same mape after same map....

im glad no one does it anymore.

omegapirate2k
Apr 9, 2007, 09:09 AM

and no a Lab Recovery S2 w/ one scape lost, does not outwiegh a Bruce Dungeon A run. meseta-reward-wise ^.^

Well, the thing is that you probably WONT die if your in a good party. A party that doesn't die on bruces A is not likely to die on labs S2 either, and a death in bruces automatically cancels out the mission, and this happens far too often in the last area with the bil de vears, wasting all the time you spent on the mission.

And crimson beast S2 > Labs S2 anyway XD

CyarVictor
Apr 9, 2007, 10:37 AM
I wish more were still doing Bruce. They need more timed missionsl like it. Actual challenges, but give em great rewards so people will actually try, like who can have the best times on a run with a full party and have an in-game score board. Bruce was never that hard, even on A before the level cap increase. I find it funny that this game is constantly being made easier..... MMO's for dummies. *sigh* another reason why people leave this game for others.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 9, 2007, 11:26 AM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-04-09 06:29 ]</font>

It's pretty damn hard for a lot of people to get an S on Bruce though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MayLee
Apr 9, 2007, 11:59 AM
Meh, where are all the people when I want to try Holy Grounds? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2007, 12:07 PM
Doing some hunting where you never ask them to come to Holy Grounds. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

MayLee
Apr 9, 2007, 12:09 PM
....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SolomonGrundy
Apr 9, 2007, 12:11 PM
*chimes in*

I would do Holy Ground!

Also, It's pretty boring spamming the same mission over and over. I get annoyed with a buddy of mine - all he wants to do is SPAM crimson beasts. If Sega wants people to play in different missions, they should rebalance the mission points.

S rank mizuraki defense: level 60 creatures, 3800 meseta, 35 mission points.

S rank Fight For Food: level 60 creatures, 1800 meseta 18 mission points.

bleh.

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2007, 12:14 PM
Just teasing a little. I'd love to do Holy Grounds, particularly since my character is simply in the mood to raise stuff and raise levels. My Light bullets are getting closer to being of the level where I can rest happy with all my elements that have finally gotten 21+ and over. I figure, my Twin MayaLees will reach that at about the same time.

My Dark bullets, however, would kill at that mission. I have a complete menu of 21+ dark bullets for that thing. Needless to say, depending on the difficulty class chosen, I may have to hold back a bit.

XenithFlare
Apr 9, 2007, 12:17 PM
I ran Bruce's Dungeon a total of seven times, when it was in its prime. Of those seven runs, only two were successful. Every person in my party knew exactly what they were doing, exactly what to do and where to do it. Problem: shit happens. Bruce likes to get killed at random moments, someone take a critical that they could afford, etc... And if shit happens, the whole party gets fucked and you have to start all over.

Bruce's, to me, ruined the entire PSU experience. The asshole-elitist in everyone was brought out, because if you weren't a certain level, or a certain class, or had certain PAs, you weren't allowed to join a party. If you died, people bitched and kicked you and insulted you. I'd be perfectly happy if no one ever ran Bruce's again, or if we never got another timed mission of the same sort.

And what does it matter if people flock to the missions that give the best reward? Is that a bad thing for some reason? "OH NOES WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING THAT MISSION?! FOR POINTS THAT RAISE YOUR STATS?! FOR TEH MONIES?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU; COME DO MINE DEFENSE S WITH ME! IT ONLY GIVES 18 MP AND 2050 MESETA, BUT IT'S NOT AS POPULAR AND THEREFORE IS BETTAR." No one is going to want to do crappy missions unless they don't need the points and money given. If a run or two is done for nostalgia (like how I occasionally run LL and FFF, because to me, the Colony captures the essence of the entire game), that's cool. But when people want to level, they'll go to the missions where they can do so efficiently.

Which you can't complain about, in a game that has no point or purpose other than "level up, get items, repeat."

KamiSori
Apr 9, 2007, 12:26 PM
bruce just takes a lot more organization and coordination than any other mission. i also hate how little EXP it gives you. i know it can be fun but i find myself stuck in too many lame parties to make dungeon crawling a habit. the best thing about it is how quick it can be.

oh, and i totally agree with Xenith's comment about the dungeon bringing out the elitist (asshole) in everyone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KamiSori on 2007-04-09 10:41 ]</font>

ShidenTsu14
Apr 9, 2007, 12:30 PM
I could not stand Bruce runs. Buddies would say 'hey tsu come do bruce with us', i would oblige. Then after 7 runs and no S-rank i would quit and do something else.

JAFO22000
Apr 9, 2007, 01:01 PM
On 2007-04-09 10:17, XenithFlare wrote:
I ran Bruce's Dungeon a total of seven times, when it was in its prime. Of those seven runs, only two were successful. Every person in my party knew exactly what they were doing, exactly what to do and where to do it. Problem: shit happens. Bruce likes to get killed at random moments, someone take a critical that they could afford, etc... And if shit happens, the whole party gets fucked and you have to start all over.

Bruce's, to me, ruined the entire PSU experience. The asshole-elitist in everyone was brought out, because if you weren't a certain level, or a certain class, or had certain PAs, you weren't allowed to join a party. If you died, people bitched and kicked you and insulted you. I'd be perfectly happy if no one ever ran Bruce's again, or if we never got another timed mission of the same sort.

Too bad you didn't have a group of friends to run it with. I can totally agree with you about pick-up groups on this mission. It was enjoyable with a group of friends though.

And what does it matter if people flock to the missions that give the best reward? Is that a bad thing for some reason? "OH NOES WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING THAT MISSION?! FOR POINTS THAT RAISE YOUR STATS?! FOR TEH MONIES?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU; COME DO MINE DEFENSE S WITH ME! IT ONLY GIVES 18 MP AND 2050 MESETA, BUT IT'S NOT AS POPULAR AND THEREFORE IS BETTAR." No one is going to want to do crappy missions unless they don't need the points and money given. If a run or two is done for nostalgia (like how I occasionally run LL and FFF, because to me, the Colony captures the essence of the entire game), that's cool. But when people want to level, they'll go to the missions where they can do so efficiently.

I don't think people have a problem with what others do with their time, just the fact that EVERYONE is running the same missions over and over again. The only reason they are being run is because they are easy and give massive rewards. I suppose by your final statement though:

Which you can't complain about, in a game that has no point or purpose other than "level up, get items, repeat."

...that you don't find this game fun at all. The main purpose of me playing this game is to have fun. True, "level up, get items, repeat" is part of the game mechanics, and true, running the same mission over and over again will get you where you want to be "most efficiently", but I don't treat this game as a chore. Again, it's fun for me. I will run Crimson Beast and Labs, but I can't do it all day for 7 weeks straight. It would lose it's fun factor and thus lose my interest.

Run whatever mission you'd like as many times and as fast as you can to level and get meseta and get items as efficiently as possible. Just don't start whining that the game is boring please. It's as fun as you make it.

[/quote]

amtalx
Apr 9, 2007, 01:04 PM
When/If a TTF equivalent is unlocked all hell is going to break loose.

chibiLegolas
Apr 9, 2007, 01:05 PM
Being a cmode fan back in PSO days, I find this mission extremely fun and would like to play it once in awhile with friends and strangers alike. This mission tests many things and at the time, I was only sufficient lvl enough to do c well, and was pretty weak at B. Now at lvl 67, I wanna try it again at all difficulties to test my might again!
I remember hearing the horror stories at A difficulty and wonder if it's as difficult anymore since ppl are running S and S2 missions in other areas.

MP and $ rewards are good enough to run. Not the best, but still give good amount. Plus am I the only one who wants to do these for easy grinders? Gotta find more to try to get as many +9 or +10 grinders for 3 luck days! I'd hate to buy 99 grinders at the npc stores when I can easily earn them if ppl are just willing to help out.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

XenithFlare
Apr 9, 2007, 01:33 PM
I never said that I was one of the people who runs the same mission over and over and over until I hit the level cap and then complained that the game was boring. I love this game. Note that I'm still far from the level cap. There are a few people who, yes, could afford to do some different missions. Reasons to level vary:

-to equip a certain item
-to get into higher level missions with friends

I do have fun with this game; very much. I just did NOT have fun whatsoever with Bruce's Dungeon.

Too bad you didn't have a group of friends to run it with. I can totally agree with you about pick-up groups on this mission. It was enjoyable with a group of friends though.

I did have friends to run it with. I just couldn't stand playing that particular mission with them.

Neith
Apr 9, 2007, 01:55 PM
All Bruce's Dungeon was was ST's attempt to bring Challenge Mode-style gameplay to PSU. It failed because it allowed you to use your own equipment, the map was easy to remember and boring, you needed a lot of people to get an S-Rank, and there's better leveling/MP missions out there now.

I find Lab S2 more fun, Megid adds to the fun in my opinion.

60Hz
Apr 9, 2007, 01:58 PM
Bruce is the only skill driven part of the game.. i love it... we still do bruce A's... actually just as quick as lab and way more fun! May do some today... look for us on 15!

Tra
Apr 9, 2007, 02:21 PM
bruce A duo is fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

60Hz
Apr 9, 2007, 02:38 PM
agreed.

Jey
Apr 9, 2007, 04:16 PM
Something about being the Fortefighter with 2k+ hp, wearing 20%+ earth armor, and still getting the piss pulped out of you by 2 angry king bils because you're stunned and they decide to spin... time and time again.

It's always that last stupid room.

Anyway, good riddance to Bruce's Dungeon. Gimme more epic marathons like SEED Awakening S.

Neith
Apr 9, 2007, 04:30 PM
On 2007-04-09 14:16, Jey wrote:
Anyway, good riddance to Bruce's Dungeon. Gimme more epic marathons like SEED Awakening S.

Sign me up for some of that, endlessly more fun that Bruce's ever was.

VanHalen
Apr 9, 2007, 04:40 PM
I liked Bruce's Dungeon the first week it came out but then after people started getting all elitist on it making it no more fun and it make my PC lag sometimes which was also pretty bad. I mean the song was great but it's not worth sitting through people yelling "OMG So and so fucked up. Fucking noob abandon mission."

PsyX
Apr 9, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-04-09 04:08, Deja_Vu wrote:

That was the point, I think. Bruce's would give you good MP (and yes, other missions have more) but you wouldn't level as fast.

Good if you wanted to just raise your job and not levels. (Which is probably useful for something)

And at least Bruce's forced /some/ cooperation/teamwork etc out of people, there was organisation, specific roles for people, it was pleasent to have more than just "Hi." when you entered a party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PsyX on 2007-04-09 15:42 ]</font>

XenithFlare
Apr 9, 2007, 09:03 PM
And at least Bruce's forced /some/ cooperation/teamwork etc out of people, there was organisation, specific roles for people, it was pleasent to have more than just "Hi." when you entered a party.

Doing Lab without hunting for beeless maps, or Dulk Fakis, etc... all good ways to build teamwork. It's easy to create roles for people; just talk to them. Any good party will promote conversation; just look at all the Dulk Fakis parties and photos!

Jakosifer
Apr 10, 2007, 01:33 AM
If Absolute Zero ever comes out you'll be seeing ALOT of people on the North Continent on Moatoob. >_>

PsyX
Apr 10, 2007, 06:38 AM
On 2007-04-09 19:03, XenithFlare wrote:

Doing Lab without hunting for beeless maps, or Dulk Fakis, etc... all good ways to build teamwork. It's easy to create roles for people; just talk to them. Any good party will promote conversation; just look at all the Dulk Fakis parties and photos!

Ah this I didn't know. At the moment I'm too low level to run labs, so I'm stuck with De Ragan and Crimson Beast 'till I hit 50.

Joy of joys.

Rashiid
Apr 10, 2007, 11:02 AM
stay at Crimsion. forever!!

PsyX
Apr 10, 2007, 01:18 PM
NOES >.<

It's like the new De Ragan...

Wait. It's pretty much the same as De Ragan. I ment "Same as in mission that sucks up every character in PSU like some sort of mystical dragon-y black hole."

XenithFlare
Apr 10, 2007, 01:35 PM
Crimson Beast is currently my favorite mission, for several good reasons.
1. Fairly good exp
2. Above average MP
3. Above average meseta reward
4. Good item drops
5. Teamwork required, something for all classes to do
6. The simple fact that you START in Relics, and fight your way out into open air is just... breaktaking the first time you did it. I'll be the first in line to admit that I was disappointed at the recycling of De Ragan, but getting to him is the entire experience! PSU needs more missions like this, personally.

60Hz
Apr 10, 2007, 02:26 PM
bruce u need to plan... no other mission has this intrinsically built in. Yes u can speed run. The reason why so many hate bruce is because you can't be scrubby.. you actually have to learn the strengths and weaknesses of enemies, its forced upon you. And when you've felt that you've mastered bruce, do it with less people, do it with no techer, do it with 2 people neither one of them techers... etc... then move on to A...

i like crimson beasts, but bruce is where i have the most fun... A has great drops, good mp...

I dont bruce to me is the real game, everything else is an activity... buy enough scapes and u're ok...

basically SONIC TEAM gimme a Bruce on each planet! At least one!

Esufer
Apr 10, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-04-09 04:30, Saphion wrote:
What do points mean...?

*cups one hand against ear*

PRIZES!

I love you for getting the reference. =]

Stezan
Apr 10, 2007, 08:24 PM
I dont like how the (PS2)community just seems to jump from a single mission to a different mission. i always have trouble finding groups for some fun missions. I only did Forest Infiltration once. I havent found a group for Falkis S now that i can do it.

Also, the first time i got an S on bruce, it felt great, an S on most other missions is just...expected.

PSU needs more Bruce-like missions

60Hz
Apr 10, 2007, 08:41 PM
good point on the S feeling like an accomplishment...

XenithFlare
Apr 11, 2007, 01:34 AM
I love doing Dulk Fakis now that I've finally gone through it once... but yeah, I have the same problems finding a party for it, now. = People do tend to clump in one mission, and I do understand how that's frustrating to those who want to do other missions.