PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Valuable Lesson: Playing while Torrents are running is

Lumaar
Apr 10, 2007, 08:47 AM
Bored, posting up a stupid Topic.

Cool, I was playing Agata Relics with 2 NPCs and I got a really good layout with Lutus Jiggas. I had my Torrents running and downloading "Hayate the Combat Butler".

I thought it was cool that I got a good layout, then later the internet started going slow on PSU. Lutus Jiggas showed up and then they were kicking my butt because I had no control since weapons do not load. I wasted a scape because my Resta Rod wouldn't load until like 40 seconds, thought I dcd and got furious and wrote this.

Lutus Jiggas fight different from Regular Suvaltis. They move so fast and glide everywhere. I dcd on that layout. I could have had 10 Lutus Jigga items. Its just Goldania right?

www.radiste.net/images/ValuableLesson.jpg

This picture doesn't show up when I put Preview. Oh well, its just a picture of two Gold Suvaltises.

Its not that bad of loss.

Sekani
Apr 10, 2007, 09:00 AM
Get a better connection http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PSU isn't very network intensive when you're not using voice chat, so I have no problem running torrents while playing.

RedX
Apr 10, 2007, 09:05 AM
You are getting slow speeds on your torrents then. I never have them going when playing a game online so i don't know if it does on mine, but it lags when other people in my house connect to the net. They aren't doing anything much, just browsing web pages, so i can imagine what a good torrent would do :/

Dhylec
Apr 10, 2007, 09:12 AM
Hopefully, there aren't many more PCs in your home or streamings, otherwise, your speed can be affected greatly too.

On a similar story, my bro was hunting rappies & he's a room away from them when the connection died. Maybe not as painful, but just as annoying for the wasted effort.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-04-10 07:30 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Apr 10, 2007, 09:14 AM
This happens to me when my siblings are over because my 360's connection is sapped by my sister reading her fan fiction crap ALL DAY.

Sekani
Apr 10, 2007, 09:23 AM
On 2007-04-10 07:05, RedX wrote:
You are getting slow speeds on your torrents then. I never have them going when playing a game online so i don't know if it does on mine, but it lags when other people in my house connect to the net. They aren't doing anything much, just browsing web pages, so i can imagine what a good torrent would do :/

Admittedly I'm not running torrents at max possible speed while playing, but I can keep them at around 50-60 kbps with little to no ill effects on gameplay. I'm on a 3M DSL connection by the way, so it's not like I have some kind of super-speed line.

Nuclearranger
Apr 10, 2007, 09:33 AM
I have 256k DSL ... 33KBs cap dl speeds.. I envy you..

Sychosis
Apr 10, 2007, 09:45 AM
I went over to my cousin's house this past weekend to rid his computer of viruses, they have 12Mb Cable...I only wish I had something to download when I went over there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif