PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Mission: Forest Infiltration

Sekani
Apr 11, 2007, 12:08 AM
I didn't know this mission existed until I glanced at the update page this morning. Apparently it came out at the same time as Crimson Beast.

So... why have I not heard ANYTHING at all about this mission from anyone? Does it even actually exist; was there a typo on the update page or something?

Helly
Apr 11, 2007, 12:12 AM
It's there! I solo'd it myself earlier. Of course that means I only got an A and it was C-difficulty but still! >_<;

Umberger
Apr 11, 2007, 12:19 AM
It's not popular because it requires 5(?) people to achieve an S rank.

Cz
Apr 11, 2007, 12:27 AM
not to mention nothing really good drop there except kotoha-senba. People do crimson beast more cause u can get giga/bullet save and solid power S there. Wat does Forest infil. have? pretty much nothing that many wants.

Jey
Apr 11, 2007, 12:40 AM
Uh. Degahna Cannon board, Michi-Senba, Cati-Senba. Kotoha-Senba, Sori/Mind, Giga/Bullet PP Save (yeah, Jaggos x3 spawn there). Pretty unique stuff, I'd say. Michi-senba is the only armor other than a C-rank Tenora line that has +2 endurance.

What's Crimson Beast have... Ganna Line, Giga/Bullet, and Solid/Power S. Unique enough stuff anyway, though Ganna has been dropping since Lab S2.

It's mostly the 5-person requirement for S-rank that sucks. You'll mostly see a lot of Temple tankbots, some badiras, a lot of buffed Gohmons, jaggos if you're lucky (that drop jack anyway, we got 3 gra-photons and 1 delma off of 6 on 3* luck leads), and an angry Kagajibari at the end. A lot of paralysis traps too for laughs.

Siertes
Apr 11, 2007, 12:54 AM
Forest Infiltration is Fortegunner territory. Everyone else can make love to their precious Crimson Beast as usual.

Helly
Apr 11, 2007, 01:49 AM
I just got done an S an S2 run of it with a nice team. ^_^

I think these were the rewards!

8350 - 75

13900 - 121

I don't get why the 5 people requirement is so bothersome. If everyone played out there, there'd be enough people to go around! I rarely see a CB team under that many people~

redcell
Apr 11, 2007, 01:53 AM
I really enjoy this mission =) co-op + traps = good times! It's a shame it's not that popular these days.

Raysa
Apr 11, 2007, 01:53 AM
Where is it? I want to try it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

redcell
Apr 11, 2007, 01:56 AM
Forested Islands > Rainbow Beast > then go back to the gate you exit Rainbow Beast from =)

Cz
Apr 11, 2007, 02:41 AM
good luck finding a random team at this mission. I only see about 2-3 souls wondering there and i dont think they were doing that mission either...lol. ur best bet is contacting your buddies and do the mission together. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Arika
Apr 11, 2007, 03:07 AM
In fact, this mission should get more reward than the de ragan co-op mission, because it is harder

Midicronica
Apr 11, 2007, 03:14 AM
Yeah, I also feel that it should have a better reward than Crimson Beast. That mission is really fun and rangers tear it up. It's pretty funny to hear the hunters yelling in your ear when the buffed Olgheymon appear.

There are a few good drops there for force and ranger types, so that's always a plus for me. The only problem I seem to have is finding five people to play S2 with nowadays. No one's freaking playing! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Shiryuu
Apr 11, 2007, 03:51 AM
On 2007-04-10 22:54, Siertes wrote:
Forest Infiltration is Fortegunner territory. Everyone else can make love to their precious Crimson Beast as usual.

Guntecher is fine too. Probably why people don't want to go there.

On 2007-04-10 22:40, Jey wrote:
Michi-senba is the only armor other than a C-rank Tenora line that has +2 endurance.

Loveheart gives 2 STA too. And if Mad Beasts S2 got released, there would be a 9* GRM Boss box drop that gives 2 STA as well.

It's always funny when everyone gets annihilated by Kagajibari.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 11, 2007, 10:08 AM
Seems I have a weird problem with my disk or something...

For some reason I can't select S2 for Forest Infiltration on my disk for some reason. O.o

So I guess it really is out? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

JAFO22000
Apr 11, 2007, 10:11 AM
On 2007-04-11 08:08, PALRAPPYS wrote:

For some reason I can't select S2 for Forest Infiltration on my disk for some reason. O.o

So I guess it really is out? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Remember, there are two pages of mission listings on the select screen. Make sure you check the second page...(I made this mistake as well!)

PALRAPPYS
Apr 11, 2007, 10:16 AM
On 2007-04-11 08:11, JAFO22000 wrote:

Remember, there are two pages of mission listings on the select screen. Make sure you check the second page...(I made this mistake as well!)

Oh... >.<

Thanks for the info. I never even noticed that! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Stezan
Apr 11, 2007, 12:44 PM
I really wish ppl did this mission more. I dont know y everyone hates the robot missions so much.

VanHalen
Apr 11, 2007, 12:46 PM
I love that mission Forest Inifiltration. If someone could take me there I would love to do it now since I only got to do it once http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

CyarVictor
Apr 11, 2007, 12:46 PM
I like this mission. Robots are hardly a problem even as a fG or fF. A party can easily smash through em. The only big problem is facing the rainbow beast before adahna degahna. He's more of a threat than the actual boss. Other than that, it's a great mission.

Cz
Apr 11, 2007, 12:58 PM
i solo it yesterday with Bunny and got it in 1 hr. 9 min. >.> Well i got there at 49 min. but the boss took me 20 min. to beat...lol. Oh and i took my sweet time getting to the boss as well, so it can be done faster. I didnt get an S for the mission of course not by myself. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif U know it is a pretty fun mission if only there were ppl there...lol. I bet if they release Agata Onma there, ppl will start crowding up in Neudiaz. Its all mostly about the drops, exp. and route to get there that interest ppl. Why does Sega makes it so long to get to Agata? ppl will get lazy to travel to get there even on C rank mission. >.> All these lobby thing isnt really that great. >.> We should be able to access any mission on that certain planet and go from there, then ppl will not have much complaint about a certain mission not popular. Come on Sega, a lot of us doesnt like to travel for 15 min. to get to a specific point and only to know that that place has no one to do the mission together. >.>

haruna
Apr 11, 2007, 01:19 PM
A frien dof mine found a Mijimura(whatever that 9* wand is called) and an Ulteri board there. There's a lot of neato Force junk in there from what I hear so what the heck, my now-WarTecher main char will probably lead the Killer Shot Death Squad in to mow everything down.

jayster
Apr 11, 2007, 01:19 PM

Don't worry, my disk freezes whenever I go to nuediez so I haven't tried the mission either. Haven't actually been to nuedeiz in like 3 or 4 months. Lol, guess I should get a new disk.

Jey
Apr 11, 2007, 03:17 PM
ohrite, but I think Michi-senba is slightly more accessible than a Loveheart Line <_<;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; (not to mention, more than ... well not going to guesstimate the shemale+female population proportion)

Well, to compare with a Killshot-less group and that Killshotsquad o_o; I went with a 3FG/2fF/1GT (who didn't have killshot) group and it took is 34 minutes to get through a robot-heavy map. Same map took 14 minutes for the killshotters. So yes, there's a difference.

It's always awesome getting a red board from the boss boxes... and finding yet another [b]Scape Doll or [b]Sori-senba ._.;

Lamak
Apr 11, 2007, 03:47 PM
Because people are noobs. Most people don't even know there is a S2 varient of FI. IMO Forest is the best mission in the game right now.

Shiryuu
Apr 11, 2007, 03:51 PM
On 2007-04-11 13:47, Lamak wrote:
Because people are noobs. Most people don't even know there is a S2 varient of FI. IMO Forest is the best mission in the game right now.

Agreed.

NPCMook
Apr 11, 2007, 05:47 PM
S2 LABS FTW! <.< >.> wait... wrong thread?

I personally haven't had a chance to do it on anything higher than C, since I wasn't able to do S2(d'oh!) but it was indeed fun, and fast...

Jakosifer
Apr 13, 2007, 01:49 AM
There arent that many robots there in the first place. With the usual map I get the robots only appear at the last stretch to the temple where the Kajibari appears. Me and some friends ran it tonight on S and it was much funner than any Crimson or Labs run Ive done. Neudaiz really deserves more attention... =/

SolomonGrundy
Apr 13, 2007, 02:06 AM
virus traps on the robots? I was just wondering what make this more Fortegunner friendly than guntecker...

A2K
Apr 13, 2007, 02:09 AM
Killer Shot, mainly, but Guntechers have access to that to as well, don't they? I don't see many Guntechers bothering at all with rifles, though.

danny_o
Apr 13, 2007, 08:00 AM
On 2007-04-11 08:16, PALRAPPYS wrote:

Oh... >.<

Thanks for the info. I never even noticed that! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Heh, that's exactly what I did too... A bit too dim witted for it to work I am!

RandomTask
Apr 20, 2007, 01:34 AM
I've solo'd Forest Infultration S2 about 30 times now. I avg. around 20-25 minutes per run and that includes killing the boss. I've gotten the following items from the boss so far.

Ga-Misaki [B]
Ageha-Kikami [B]
Sori / Mind
Roksari (the weapon)
Mimimi-Zashi [B]

So far so good. Been doing this a bunch looking for the Adahna Cannon Board. Peace.

Alpha-Hunter
Apr 20, 2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah, i have a GT that uses Bows over rifles. but i'm getting myself a nice rifle just for killer shot! I went with rifles early on to level ranger to 5 but had to do bows for force. i decided to keep with bows. both my rifle PA's (fire/cold) are below 16, lol.

On 2007-04-13 00:09, A2K wrote:
Killer Shot, mainly, but Guntechers have access to that to as well, don't they? I don't see many Guntechers bothering at all with rifles, though.

Tahldon
Apr 20, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-04-19 23:34, RandomTask wrote:
I've solo'd Forest Infultration S2 about 30 times now. I avg. around 20-25 minutes per run and that includes killing the boss. I've gotten the following items from the boss so far.

Ga-Misaki [B]
Ageha-Kikami [B]
Sori / Mind
Roksari (the weapon)
Mimimi-Zashi [B]

So far so good. Been doing this a bunch looking for the Adahna Cannon Board. Peace.

Hm.. What are you to be able to solo S2 that fast? I've been in the fray with my Protranser AND my Fortetecher now for a week!

Sunday was a really good day for me, but anything past that, I've been pretty much sucking. It's down-right aggravating for you to have done so few runs and have gotten all those goodies. The Drop Goddess must be your love slave or something.

But yeah.. Sekani, there hasn't been many people in the Egam area, I keep dragging people there but after running in head first to the robots and the Olgohmon, they don't stay for very long and I'm left in the wild alone again lol.

I forgot how I ended up in Egam doing this mission *headscratch* But I've been up here everyday since last Sunday... o.o;

JAFO22000
Apr 20, 2007, 05:41 PM
On 2007-04-13 06:00, danny_o wrote:

On 2007-04-11 08:16, PALRAPPYS wrote:

Oh... >.<

Heh, that's exactly what I did too... A bit too dim witted for it to work I am!

Fortunately for us dumbasses, they have since fixed this!

Sychosis
Apr 20, 2007, 06:07 PM
I'll run Forest Infiltration S2 with you Tahllies! Just let send me a simple mail and I'm all over it.

Then you'll owe me come Eastern Peril S2, Buahahaha!

Shiryuu
Apr 24, 2007, 09:56 PM
>_< Anyone on PC/PS2 mind going to uni13 and helping me out? I think I got s2 jaggos (at least according to jp wiki), but I can't get to them, I need 4 more ppl for the gates.

Edit: Only jao delma and kerseline :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiryuu on 2007-04-24 19:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiryuu on 2007-04-24 20:50 ]</font>

Jet1337
Apr 24, 2007, 10:12 PM
The best rare I got in that place so far is a Diad (*12). I usually get an ass-load of neu ebon from there too.

Stezan
Apr 24, 2007, 11:04 PM
just did this mission after not having done it in awhile. Still very fun.

I love being in a room and everyone starts to charge the monsters when like 4 ppl get caught in the ground traps, heh.

Found jaggos too. I didnt get the delma though

RandomTask
Apr 25, 2007, 12:42 AM
I'm a Fortegunner 80/10
Virus trap G's on big guys
Solid/Hit S with Killer shot lv30 on robots
HPC/Dark shot lv30 on Adahna
HPC/Yak Zagenga lv30 on everything else
bring your pm and another npc for distraction/meat shields.

If it makes you feel any better, I've found nothing since I posted that list of goodies. Last 15 runs have yielded me jack.

Scion
Apr 25, 2007, 08:17 AM
<brag>MMMMMmmmm...Zonde 30 is so yummy, isn't it? And, so is noszonde and gizonde 30. Razonde 22 ain't that bad either!</brag>

But, seriously, this mission is awesome. It's just hard finding people to do this with. But, luckily, I have 2 friends that need something from that big, clunky, Degahna, so I always have people that wanna do that mission! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Eleina
Apr 25, 2007, 08:21 AM
On 2007-04-25 06:17, Hikaru-san wrote:
<brag>MMMMMmmmm...Zonde 30 is so yummy, isn't it? And, so is noszonde and gizonde 30. Razonde 22 ain't that bad either!</brag>

But, seriously, this mission is awesome. It's just hard finding people to do this with. But, luckily, I have 2 friends that need something from that big, clunky, Degahna, so I always have people that wanna do that mission! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Stop bragging!!!!! *consults tech list* omg mine are all 30.....pwned...just kidding

<3 Forset infiltration but never enough ppl motivated to do it

chibiLegolas
Apr 25, 2007, 11:28 AM
That's it! fG and GT brothers and sisters! Let us make a stand and unite to crowd around Neudiz to do this mission!!
I'm sure a lot of us need to level killer shot anyways. And other techers are welcomed to join to find techer drops as well.

Besides, Neudiz is beautiful right now with the spring event going on and I don't want to see that world ignored anymore.
Aren't you folks just tired of Parum by now anyways?!

Shiryuu
Apr 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
Agata islands is probably gonna be crowded again once EP S2 is out. But I guess that doesn't really guarantee we're gonna get ppl to play FI S2. :/

Alpha-Hunter
Apr 25, 2007, 11:37 AM
my GT in only lv 52. Can he still come?! I'm down!

Galvin
Apr 25, 2007, 02:35 PM
whats the requirement for S2??? are fortefighters welcome???

chibiLegolas
Apr 25, 2007, 02:55 PM
All should be welcomed! Anything to draw ppl AWAY from Crimbson Beast/Labs is a good thing. There's more to the game than those 2 missions.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

Hell, I'm at a point that I'll even play in A games with my lvl 72 character just to get a change in scenery. As great as CB may be with rewards, it's been slowly sucking out the fun factor of PSU for me. Besides, the other S2 missions out there isn't all that bad with rewards either.

Hmm... I can't remember the requirement lvls for the mission. Anyone rememeber?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-04-25 12:56 ]</font>

creativehope
Apr 25, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-04-25 09:28, chibiLegolas wrote:
That's it! fG and GT brothers and sisters! Let us make a stand and unite to crowd around Neudiz to do this mission!!
I'm sure a lot of us need to level killer shot anyways. And other techers are welcomed to join to find techer drops as well.

Besides, Neudiz is beautiful right now with the spring event going on and I don't want to see that world ignored anymore.
Aren't you folks just tired of Parum by now anyways?!

I agree. I am tired of Parum, and the new spring lobby is lovely. Its my fav so far and I just had to keep it

Shiryuu
Apr 25, 2007, 03:31 PM
Level 60 minimum for S2, monsters are 85, Degahna is 90.

Galvin
Apr 25, 2007, 05:20 PM
any people running this mission on 360?? if so i am down....

Sexy_Raine
Apr 25, 2007, 06:02 PM
I'd be more than happy to do this mission over Crimson. This mission is only 2 blks and doesn't take long with a party of rangers and forces. Just bring your goggles as those trap won't get you as much when you use them.

Hit me up, and either me or Nova would be glad to rock this mission.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-04-25 16:04 ]</font>

Shiryuu
Apr 27, 2007, 02:08 PM
Anyone in PC/PS2 wanna help me get to Jaggos again. Its S2, so level 60 minimum. Pass is 1234 in uni 2, it's the only Forest run going.

Ravennittes
Apr 27, 2007, 04:19 PM
Robots and those bosses mean it's FG and FT terratory ^.^ . I'll play at some point later I guess.

Jet1337
Apr 27, 2007, 06:36 PM
I solo this mission a lot. And I get it done in about 15 minutes with a friend. I also found a Sori/Mind from the boss boxes, but I let my friend have it in exchange for letting me have the Degahna Cannon board when it eventually drops.