PDA

View Full Version : Newmans Faster Attack as AT

TorterraEndor
Apr 11, 2007, 09:03 AM
On 2007-04-11 02:59, Sounomi wrote:
Decided to try out a newman AT to see how it compares to my human one earlier. During which I noticed something... My newman was attacking faster than my human. I double checked it and the newman was definately attacking faster. Someone should probably make a video to make sure I'm right but at least with twin daggers, the newman feels almost like she has a God/Battle on compared to my human o_O

So now that newman can own at this class too, I wonder what PS huggers will find next to complain about.

Discuss.

A2K
Apr 11, 2007, 09:06 AM
If this is turns out to be true, then I believe the most important aspect of this discovery was that I called it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Newmans are more like hybrid Espers and Newmans from the classic games here, to be honest. Putting the magey stuff for a moment, yes, Nei and Rika were melee oriented, but more importantly, they were fast, quick attackers--Newmans' high ATA and EVP reflect this... in spirit, anyway.

To be honest, I think they should be able to physically attack a bit faster as well to reflect this (as well as Zeed Val getting an attack speed boost as well). I think that'd solve a few of the issues that were brought up just now. Their power would still be just as low, but they'd end up striking more frequently.

TorterraEndor
Apr 11, 2007, 09:08 AM
It'd be kind of interesting to see if AF newmans get this boost as well, but that would probably make newmans own too much at that class. And since AT is melee and tech based, its kind unnecessary I guess? If this stays true to the final version, AT will be a class made for newmans.

Rashiid
Apr 11, 2007, 09:10 AM
ok, so they attack faster.....

o wait, lower numbers appear....

so, its balanced.

omegapirate2k
Apr 11, 2007, 09:47 AM
Doesn't the zeed val already have a small attack speed boost over other forms? It certainly looks that way to me.

watashiwa
Apr 11, 2007, 09:49 AM
This was already discussed in another thread.

All races have faster attack with twin daggers when using the AT class. It isn't Newman specific, only AcroTecher specific.

pikachief
Apr 11, 2007, 10:20 AM
yes, AT attack faster with daggers and AF attack faster with sabers. it is class specific.

Neith
Apr 11, 2007, 10:30 AM
If you read it, it sounds like a Newman AT is being compared to a Human AT- we know AT and AF get speed boosts, but from the sound of this, it sounds like Newman AT's get a further one?

I am so making one of these, regardless of whether this is true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

watashiwa
Apr 11, 2007, 10:53 AM
I must have misread then... (I had just woke up)

But, I doubt that Newman AT attacks faster than Human AT.

I can see if my friend can make a quick video, though.

Itsuki
Apr 11, 2007, 11:00 AM
Sounomi is actually planning on doing videos later today. But people are impatient. I don't know when you should expect them though because last I talked to her she was still online playing and it was like 5am EST.

Para
Apr 11, 2007, 11:17 AM
I remember the description for newmans indicated being quick and agile http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Serephim
Apr 11, 2007, 11:49 AM
If so, that means Sonic Team is taking an action on balancing the characters.

Im guessing they've realized that the Races are inbalanced, and this is what they do for it.

Although the speed changes, i REALLY am proud of them adding/changing more animations, and i believe the Sexes as WELL as the races should all eventualyl get different attacking animations.

As well as running and standing animations too. Although nothing is wrong with them, its odd how most of them are the same for everything minus one or 2 attacking animations.

And does anyone know if the spells/skill PAs really dont change at lvl 40? You all got them to level 31, but is anyone completely sure they dont change again at 40?

Zorafim
Apr 11, 2007, 11:55 AM
Get me a class that gets lv30 skills, lv20+ techs, and S rank madoogs, and I'll joygasm.

Untill then, I'm glad to know that they're finally doing something to make newmen the agile melee race again.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 11, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-04-11 09:55, Zorafim wrote:
Get me a class that gets lv30 skills, lv20+ techs, and S rank madoogs, and I'll joygasm.

wartecher in AoI.

give me a class that had higher DFP than Figunner, higher ATA than forefighter, and access to shadoogs, and I'll joygasm.

...you can limit the weapon selection if you'd like http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ShinMaruku
Apr 11, 2007, 12:51 PM
Female newmans quick and agile eh... So they came quickly and breed... I get you not ST...

Mikaga
Apr 11, 2007, 12:53 PM
Awaiting this so-called "proof". The comparison human would also need to be an Acrotecher with Twin Daggers given that a Human non-Acrotecher would prove nothing since Acrotecher do get a Twin Dagger speed boost.

Itsuki
Apr 11, 2007, 12:55 PM
I think people are failing to realize that sounomi's original post was only speculation and hadn't be proven or disproven yet. ~_~ It was going to be checked and hasn't yet. People should stop trying to discuss it until its be researched.

ShinMaruku
Apr 11, 2007, 12:59 PM
Most assume rare ones create. XD

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 11, 2007, 01:45 PM
I'll definately wait. But until then, I would hope that Newman AT are faster than AT of other races, as that can be a way of Sega apologizing to Newmans, and like I said before, I think it makes sense that they would be the fastest race.

Allison_W
Apr 11, 2007, 03:41 PM
Honestly, newmans should probably get a speed boost to physical attacks in general, not just with some specific classes.

Especially with Fortefighter, given that the numans of old were portrayed as claw wielders, and Fortefighter is the only class that gets S-ranks in both single and twin claws, if memory serves.

EDIT: Allow me to amend: newmans should get a speed boost to physical attacks in general, and Acrofighters should be able to use S-rank twin claws, too. And Acrotechers should probably get at least A-ranks in the same. Considering the Acro classes rely heavily on evasion, and that's where newmans in particular excel.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allison_W on 2007-04-11 13:44 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
Well, it'd be broken if Acrofighters got Twin Claws, they already have Twin Sabers. I personally like Acrofighter the way it is now. But I agree that Newmans should gain faster attacks in all classes, although I am still hoping that Sounomi's right.

donkeybeatz
Apr 11, 2007, 04:05 PM
Human & Newman Acrotechers attack at the same speed. End of story =)
I would post up a video but its kinda pointless. Though its pretty neat that they sync with each other when they attack haha.

Alisha
Apr 11, 2007, 04:10 PM
if this is true im gonna assume its because newman is a prefered type for AT wich means they better apply this to all prefered types its already stupid that a newman female FF swings a sword at the same speed as a beast female FF.

Soukosa
Apr 11, 2007, 05:43 PM
Oy, I probably didn't word that well, being that it was right before I went to bed. Both the human and newman were Acrotechers. I started with a human AT at the beginning of the beta and after spending time with it I desired to try a newman one to see how it compares when I realize that it was attacking faster than my human.

And to make sure I wasn't seeing things because I was tired, I checked again just now that I'm wide awake and I saw pretty much the same thing. Problem here though is that I don't know how to record with fraps and make a side by side comparison to show it. I did get Ryna online and showed him. He was kinda laggy though but does think it is a bit faster.

On 2007-04-11 14:05, Dj_D0NK3Y wrote:

Did you check at all? I have a human and newman AT and the newman clearly attacks faster. It's a great enough of a speed boost where I don't even need to put it side by side with videos to see it.

You replied to my post in the Q&A thread that I was wrong but you only used videos that compared a hunter with the AF/AT classes and only one weapon type. I checked both saber and twin daggers (since that's what I had at the time) and the newman was clearly faster than the human in both of them.

donkeybeatz
Apr 11, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-04-11 15:43, Sounomi wrote:
Oy, I probably didn't word that well, being that it was right before I went to bed. Both the human and newman were Acrotechers. I started with a human AT at the beginning of the beta and after spending time with it I desired to try a newman one to see how it compares when I realize that it was attacking faster than my human.

And to make sure I wasn't seeing things because I was tired, I checked again just now that I'm wide awake and I saw pretty much the same thing. Problem here though is that I don't know how to record with fraps and make a side by side comparison to show it. I did get Ryna online and showed him. He was kinda laggy though but does think it is a bit faster.

Did you check at all? I have a human and newman AT and the newman clearly attacks faster. It's a great enough of a speed boost where I don't even need to put it side by side with videos to see it.

You replied to my post in the Q&A thread that I was wrong but you only used videos that compared a hunter with the AF/AT classes and only one weapon type. I checked both saber and twin daggers (since that's what I had at the time) and the newman was clearly faster than the human in both of them.

Yes I did check, I will post a video using the twin daggers. Human Acrotecher vs Newman Acrotecher. They both sync in speed frame by frame.

EDIT: Check it (http://www.zshare.net/video/acro-wmv.html)
Left: Human Acrotecher
Right: Newman Acrotecher

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_D0NK3Y on 2007-04-11 16:34 ]</font>

XenithFlare
Apr 11, 2007, 06:38 PM
I still stand by my opinion that ST should have given us a true "custom" class; with stat proficiences able to be tweaked to your desire (naturally given a cap, and a certain number of percent "points" to allocate), weapon selection so YOU can choose which weapons you can use and to what extent (naturally, again, with a certain number of "points"), and the ability to choose what level your PAs can advance to (ie- say, a total cap of lv60? 70?). Maybe even... a custom class name?! D:

Just imagine the badassery... *drools* I should be head of ST's creative development <_<;

Soukosa
Apr 11, 2007, 06:39 PM
Check it with a female human and newman as well. I swear that the female newman attacks faster. Could it be that the game's bugged for one of the sexes?

donkeybeatz
Apr 11, 2007, 07:00 PM
On 2007-04-11 16:39, Sounomi wrote:
Check it with a female human and newman as well. I swear that the female newman attacks faster. Could it be that the game's bugged for one of the sexes?

I will look into to later. Looks like the servers are about to go down =(

SolomonGrundy
Apr 11, 2007, 07:29 PM
I agree that faster newman attack speed would get people to STFU about newms and thier being weaker at melee classes

Para
Apr 11, 2007, 10:16 PM
I think it would be great if newman did attack faster... my ayane the acrotecher! <3

ShinMaruku
Apr 11, 2007, 10:24 PM

Knowing Japanese men and their atttudes to women.. indeed. XD

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 11, 2007, 10:24 PM
Well, if Newmans do attack faster, then Therion, my future female newman will be an Acrotecher instead of a Wartecher.

ShinMaruku
Apr 11, 2007, 11:15 PM
I'll just make Kasumi again.. XD
Nisan atashi,atashi...
HOOOOOOOOOOO!
Too much damn Ninja Gaiden...

Niered
Apr 11, 2007, 11:55 PM
On 2007-04-11 15:50, Dj_D0NK3Y wrote:

On 2007-04-11 15:43, Sounomi wrote:

Yes I did check, I will post a video using the twin daggers. Human Acrotecher vs Newman Acrotecher. They both sync in speed frame by frame.

EDIT: Check it (http://www.zshare.net/video/acro-wmv.html)
Left: Human Acrotecher
Right: Newman Acrotecher

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_D0NK3Y on 2007-04-11 16:34 ]</font>

Apparently noone thats still posting in this thread saw this...

Sexy_Raine
Apr 12, 2007, 12:02 AM
If this holds true, my 4th slot will a newman AT, if not and everything is left the same way is currently is, it will be a beast AT.

Soukosa
Apr 12, 2007, 12:21 AM
On 2007-04-11 21:55, Niered wrote:
Apparently noone thats still posting in this thread saw this...

Apparently people don't read every post in the thread, including you...

On 2007-04-11 17:00, Dj_D0NK3Y wrote:

I will look into to later. Looks like the servers are about to go down =(

Arika
Apr 12, 2007, 02:06 AM
EDIT: I see the newman AT vs Human AT, result the same bah.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-04-12 04:21 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 12, 2007, 02:23 AM
Nifty, even if they don't get more of a boost, Ria must still be one.

Itsuki
Apr 12, 2007, 02:52 AM
On 2007-04-12 00:06, Arika wrote:
Sounomi-chan , if you done with AF newman-Human comparison , please test the newman AT vs Human AT too,
if Acro-fighter gain speed, may be Acro-Techer do the same http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (then AT is for newman)

Those are acrotechers (daggers == AT, sabers == AF)

donkeybeatz
Apr 12, 2007, 04:32 PM
Here is the female comparison between Human & Newman AT's (http://www.zshare.net/video/acrof-wmv.html)
Before looking at it side by side, it did look like female newman AT's attacked faster than their human counterpart but in the end it's still the same.
I messed up alittle bit towards the end but you get the picture.

Soukosa
Apr 12, 2007, 08:33 PM
Optical illusion, eh? Oh well. If I knew how to do side by side videos I would have done that before posting anything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I didn't think people would grab hold of it and run off with it >.>

Still has no influence on my desire to make a newman AT over a human one though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif High EVP and MST rocks on classes like these.

DonRoyale
Apr 12, 2007, 08:38 PM
"Look at me, I'm so cool and so much faster than you!" *doing a series of 100's to an enemy w/daggers*

*beast comes in*

"Lol newman n00b" *smacks enemy w/axe for 1k damage*

I know it sounds n00bish, but it's sadly true. No amount of speed will change how bad newmans' ATP is. >.>

Soukosa
Apr 12, 2007, 08:47 PM
You don't play a newman for ATP. If you play a newman AT you do it for their EVP and TP mostly. Even with an AF, a newman will shine greatly due to their obsencely high EVP and MST. Just because they can't do top notch damage, doesn't mean their worthless. Something I think many people need to realize.