PDA

View Full Version : Ambition of Illuminus ps2 ?

AL1ST0R
Apr 11, 2007, 01:25 PM
What will happen when A.O.I come out how will sega team make it for the ps2 if they do decide to rel it for ps2 ? i mean the ps3 and xbox 360 has hard drives.But the slim line ps2 that many users have now a days, does not support the optional hard drive that the fat ps2 has.
Just want to know what was your thoughts on the sittuation?

Deja
Apr 11, 2007, 01:26 PM
If they do, the first thing they should address is the poor framerate, poor everything that the ps2 chugs out on PSU. If they don't, Sega fails and just rushes its products.

SuperRygar
Apr 11, 2007, 01:26 PM
so its only for PC right now? oh well, its not the end of the Universe for me

VanHalen
Apr 11, 2007, 01:28 PM
^Couldn't be since that whole little teaser pic said in the beginning(like in the summer) that it was only for PS2 and 360

AL1ST0R
Apr 11, 2007, 01:32 PM
yea but i figure if it does release to ps2 how will they fit psu v.1 and the new expantion pack into one dvd and why would sega team even do that for the slim line ps2 ? it's like a waste of money to them, this is why i don't think it's going to come to the slim line ps2 but maybe as a ps3 and xbox 360 product instead http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Cz
Apr 11, 2007, 01:32 PM
just wondering the offline portion of it. Did they added multi-player for offline console? wat i love about PSO was that u get to have 4 players playing offline co-op.

SuperRygar
Apr 11, 2007, 01:34 PM
i wouldnt mind having to buy a HD to play. maybe the game will run faster ??

AL1ST0R
Apr 11, 2007, 01:38 PM
Yea but that's what im saying not alot of people still own the fat ver of ps2. the majority ps2 owners own the slim line ps2 which doe's not support a hard drive. and sega team isn't going to make a game for only fat ps2 owners that would be a lost in profit to them

Neggy
Apr 11, 2007, 02:08 PM
You can store 9.4GBs of data on a DVD, how much data is on the current PS2 copy of PSU? I'm sure they can pull it off.

Witchblade56
Apr 11, 2007, 02:21 PM
I'll just shell out the cash necessary for a PS3 [theres games i want to play on that now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif]

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 11, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-04-11 12:21, Witchblade56 wrote:
I'll just shell out the cash necessary for a PS3 [theres games i want to play on that now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif]

Ok... worst idea ever...

600 bucks for 1 game? bah....

Witchblade56
Apr 11, 2007, 02:55 PM
wtg at -NOT- reading the -CONTENT- of the sentence. You know the filler after the start and before the period ending it?

"[theres games i want to play on that now]"

Let's see.. maybe this will further delineate for you "games"

Reading comprehension and composition is taught starting in the 5th grade. It's apparent you didnt make it that far. "bah..."

McLaughlin
Apr 11, 2007, 02:57 PM
MEIRA-EDIT: That's unnecessary, Obsidian_Knight. If you want to point out sig violations to people, then keep it in PMs. Randomly in a thread, it's off-topic, it's spam, and really not the sort of information that we need a permanent, public-accessible record of. If I catch you doing this again, I'm going to give you another day's suspension to cool down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2007-04-11 13:20 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 11, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-04-11 11:32, AL1ST0R wrote:
yea but i figure if it does release to ps2 how will they fit psu v.1 and the new expantion pack into one dvd and why would sega team even do that for the slim line ps2 ?

They remove PSU's story mode, and replace it with the Ambitions of Illuminus story mode. I suspect that many of the areas available in AoI are already on the PSU disc, as well, so the content that needs to be added is minimal.

FUFME
Apr 11, 2007, 08:26 PM
F_ the Playstation 2 in the mouth, the lag issues I experience in this game as it is, Im definatly buying a PS3.

Gryffin
Apr 11, 2007, 08:29 PM
Well, is anyone familiar with Dynasty Warriors..? The expansions, you just..switch discs and it uploads and keeps it till you turn it off...why has no one thought of that..XD

watashiwa
Apr 11, 2007, 09:46 PM
On 2007-04-11 18:29, Gryffin wrote:
Well, is anyone familiar with Dynasty Warriors..? The expansions, you just..switch discs and it uploads and keeps it till you turn it off...why has no one thought of that..XD

I don't think it uploaded anything, it was more like authenticating that you purchased the previous game. All the data from the previous game was actually on the expansion discs for DW and SW games. =P

Besides, PSU v1 on the PS2 was just about a regular DVD. If adding the expansion content exceeds a regular DVD, they can just upgrade it to a dual layer DVD and that'd be that.

Weeaboolits
Apr 11, 2007, 10:47 PM
If AoI isn't released for the PS2 I will crush and devour the souls of those responsible, then roar draconicly. >:O

Schubalts
Apr 11, 2007, 10:55 PM
It's only on PC right now, because it's just the BETA. Of course it's gonna be on all 3 platforms! Come on, folks.

MrPOW
Apr 12, 2007, 12:29 AM
I'm on 360 not PS2, so someone with the PS2 version of PSU should pop it in their DVD drive and see how big it is. I think it's around 1.5gb. If I'm not mistaken the PS2 cannot read dual-layed discs. Someone with San Andreas put that in their DVD drive too and look at the size, because I know from interviews with the devs that the game is as big as a PS2 game can possibly get (on a single disc).

landman
Apr 12, 2007, 12:31 AM
On 2007-04-11 12:08, Neggy wrote:
You can store 9.4GBs of data on a DVD, how much data is on the current PS2 copy of PSU? I'm sure they can pull it off.

The PS2 version is in a DVD5 (4,5GB), the videos are very compresed (and pixelated)

I allways thought they would release a "new" game with updated content (on PS2 and 360 at least), as someone has said, episode 1 story mode replaced for iluminus story mode and just adding little information for the new content.

WildArms2
Apr 12, 2007, 04:03 AM
It makes no sence for them to release this on the PS2...by the time this game reaches us the PS2 will be way outdated and no one will ever play this except the hardcore fans that are here on PSO-world and thats not a big enough market to satisfy Sega.

This is the exact same thing that happened to Dragon Quest 7 was PS1 game that came out like 2 year into the PS2 life span...huge seceess in japan because well dragon quest is the most popular francise in japan but for some reason they released it over here in America about 2 years into the PS2 life span here was probably the last game released for PS1 and got trashed by critics, graphics were great for a PS1 game but everyone soo use to PS2 gracphic made that game look like crap, sold horrible, only the hardcore fans bought it and Enix lost tons of money causing them to stop deveolpment of Dragon Quest 5 remake fo the PS2.

If PSU is released for PS2 it will not sell good enough to turn a profit therefore cause doubt if we ever get a segeal to PSU again here...

landman
Apr 12, 2007, 05:34 AM
PSU sold in japan 120.000 copies of the PS2 version the first week, the total copies for all formats in japan this januari was 270.000 copies, it WILL be released on PS2, at least on Japan

PSU has been the 5ft most sold by SEGA in japan last year:

Love and Berry DS: 1.120.000
Ryu ga goto ku 2 (Yakuza 2) PS2: 550.000
Ryu ga Goto ku (Best) PS2: 370.000
Hokuto no Ken slot game PS2/PSP/DS: 330.000
Phantasy Star Universe PS2/PC/360: 270.000

OnnaWren
Apr 12, 2007, 11:31 AM
Yay, Japan. But I highly doubt that sales were even half that in the USA... and as for those sales that were, how many were returned/traded in within a week? Hmm.

Puppet_Papaya
Apr 12, 2007, 02:37 PM
why would sega team even do that
You know it is SONIC Team. Ugh, that was bothering me.

majorgamer55
Apr 12, 2007, 02:41 PM
yea does anyone actually knows 100% when the expansion comes out and if it is goignt o be for the PS2?

Ethan-Waber
Apr 12, 2007, 03:08 PM
lyke 4 yeers duh

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 12, 2007, 03:29 PM
On 2007-04-12 02:03, WildArms2 wrote:
It makes no sence for them to release this on the PS2...by the time this game reaches us the PS2 will be way outdated and no one will ever play this except the hardcore fans that are here on PSO-world and thats not a big enough market to satisfy Sega.

This is the exact same thing that happened to Dragon Quest 7 was PS1 game that came out like 2 year into the PS2 life span...huge seceess in japan because well dragon quest is the most popular francise in japan but for some reason they released it over here in America about 2 years into the PS2 life span here was probably the last game released for PS1 and got trashed by critics, graphics were great for a PS1 game but everyone soo use to PS2 gracphic made that game look like crap, sold horrible, only the hardcore fans bought it and Enix lost tons of money causing them to stop deveolpment of Dragon Quest 5 remake fo the PS2.

If PSU is released for PS2 it will not sell good enough to turn a profit therefore cause doubt if we ever get a segeal to PSU again here...

First off, the majority of the profit comes from server access subscriptions (Guardians Licenses). Next, there's still far more people out there that own PS2s than PS3s or Xbox 360s. The market is considerably larger for the PS2 version. The fact is that the PS2 version of Ambitions of Illuminus will be playable on two consoles, one new, the other popular. I'd say that releasing it for PS2 will definitely be the way to go.

Here's the deal: We are having this debate because the Japanese beta test was released only for PC. WHERE THE FUCK ELSE WERE THEY GOING TO RELEASE IT? You can't download this shit for the PS2! If you could, I have no doubt there'd be a PS2 beta test available. Stop being stupid and paranoid about this, people. Cheese and rice. If they went with the PS2 so late in its lifespan when they released it back in October, then they've no reason to ditch it now, and cut off a large portion of the current market they're working with. They'd be shooting themselves in the goddamn foot.

On 2007-04-12 12:37, Puppet_Papaya wrote:

why would sega team even do that
You know it is SONIC Team. Ugh, that was bothering me.

Someone had to say it. Thank you.

McLaughlin
Apr 12, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-04-12 02:03, WildArms2 wrote:

Erm...what?

First off, Sega is still running the US BB servers. I can count the number of active players on one hand. It should be apparent Sega doesn't give two shits about turning a profit.

About the only thing they do right (saving the BB JP only stuff) is not cutting off their consumer base. They'd be off their rockers to just dump the PS2 after they've released the game. It's like putting a sprinkler outside and then never turning it on.

You're worried about profit right? Most of it comes from the subscriptions. If they don't put AoI on the PS2, there goes a chunk of their profit. At least if they give gamers the chance to get it, they'd keep their subscribers.

Also, if they don't put it on the PS2, say goodbye to half your population. Then all the PC people will quit because there's no one left to play with. Wave goodbye to the money, Johnny!

Out of sheer curiosity, how the **** do you expect them to fit a 1 gig download on an 8 meg memory card? Or for that matter, how would they even download it in the first place? There's no code to allow PS2 users to initiate a download like there is on the 360 or on the PC.

God damn.

Yuudai_Riisu
Apr 12, 2007, 06:49 PM
well considering not every body on a ps3 if they did lose a lot of people $499 isnt cheap ya know