PDA

View Full Version : Player Shop Pricing (all should join in on this)

OriginalCloud
Apr 11, 2007, 03:37 PM
well it seems im not the only one who spends lots of time on pricing and analyzing the market. So imo i think it would be best to build a "society" of player shops rather than everyone on their own. To help recover the economy.

What i do personally is collect info on current highs and lows for materials, weapons, decos, watever item etc...and I build a chart (kind of like on PSUPedia) to allow me to price according to the market.

so in order to stabilize the economy and help in bringin better deals in player shops I think we should all take the initiative and set "some" standards. simply adding passworded shops doesnt help. What we need is price regulation and boycotts.

For example:
We all establish pricing guidelines that give flexibility to the seller. Like how in real life you'll find most cans of soda are 75 cents. yet in some places u'll get 'em for 85 cents to a dollar. But you'll NEVER find a can of soda for 1 million dollars.

So if we all agree to sell Copernias for up to 400,000 and no higher. AND at the same time we BOYCOTT any and ALL shops that sell it for higher than this, then eventually the players with ridicolous pricing will take the hint that they are losing business and will start to gradually lower their prices.

This is something that cant be done by one person alone, it takes everyone to help. And a LOT of debating on what the "pricing cap" for items should be. I'll post up my item prices on here to help the debate start

Randomness
Apr 11, 2007, 03:42 PM
People will just buy it for resale though... you'd need a way to prevent that.

OriginalCloud
Apr 11, 2007, 03:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/0RaktaK0/akshop.jpg

Randomness
Apr 11, 2007, 03:43 PM
Actually, another question is whether anything actually moves at some of those prices.

OriginalCloud
Apr 11, 2007, 03:46 PM
even if they buy to resale that's fine it's something that you cant avoid even if u put "password only" shops. (i already tried that).

if they buy and resell for higher than the agreed upon price by us all, then they will be boycotted as well which will lose them business. So the best they can do is buy for lower if they find and sell at the highest "passable" price. Which isnt a bad thing.

buying low and selling high is part of any business market. so re-selling is expected. The big thing is establishing standards for commerce and organized boycotting of overpriced shops.

Randomness
Apr 11, 2007, 03:48 PM
And do you really think enough people will join in to make for effective boycotts? Most overpriced stores just dont sell anything, only some stuff is in that much demand, from certain boards.

Lamak
Apr 11, 2007, 03:48 PM
Your list gives me lulz.

OriginalCloud
Apr 11, 2007, 03:50 PM
usually people pricing too high dont sell as much anyway. but its better if we dont give them any more of our hard earned meseta as well.
here's my chart on decos
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/0RaktaK0/1-1.jpg

Gryffin
Apr 11, 2007, 03:51 PM
On 2007-04-11 13:37, OriginalCloud wrote:
well it seems im not the only one who spends lots of time on pricing and analyzing the market. So imo i think it would be best to build a "society" of player shops rather than everyone on their own. To help recover the economy.

What i do personally is collect info on current highs and lows for materials, weapons, decos, watever item etc...and I build a chart (kind of like on PSUPedia) to allow me to price according to the market.

so in order to stabilize the economy and help in bringin better deals in player shops I think we should all take the initiative and set "some" standards. simply adding passworded shops doesnt help. What we need is price regulation and boycotts.

For example:
We all establish pricing guidelines that give flexibility to the seller. Like how in real life you'll find most cans of soda are 75 cents. yet in some places u'll get 'em for 85 cents to a dollar. But you'll NEVER find a can of soda for 1 million dollars.

So if we all agree to sell Copernias for up to 400,000 and no higher. AND at the same time we BOYCOTT any and ALL shops that sell it for higher than this, then eventually the players with ridicolous pricing will take the hint that they are losing business and will start to gradually lower their prices.

This is something that cant be done by one person alone, it takes everyone to help. And a LOT of debating on what the "pricing cap" for items should be. I'll post up my item prices on here to help the debate start

Hey woah, Clan leader is all like up on PSOW?! Did me and Basi FINALLY convince you?!

(Your sig is too big...XD)

Retehi
Apr 11, 2007, 03:52 PM
Wow, I could of sold Copernias for 400k?

HERE I AM SELLING THEM FOR 10K, OH CRAP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

OriginalCloud
Apr 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
well not to brag or anything but I make a good 20 million a day with my pricing. this is taking into account days where i only sell like 4 million in total and days when i sell over 40 million.

i spend money to make money that's a law of business.

and maybe im being optimistic in hoping ppl will join up in this. but hey it doesnt hurt to try does it? We can either stick to the ground forever, or sprout wins and learn to fly. (dont ask)
it's a choice i know everyone who actually bothers to view this thread will make. if you wanna sit on the ground and wait for a miracle go for it, i hold nothing against you.

However if u have the balls to make a united stand and take charge where others idly wait. Then band with me and with enough strength in numbers we can bring about change to this crappy market, and increase profits for ALL.

pionear
Apr 11, 2007, 04:02 PM
That's not a bad idea, but you have to understand that some people also use their store as a secondary storage.

And you make 40million a day? With one or four stores?

OriginalCloud
Apr 11, 2007, 04:03 PM
A Rank (Weapons/Armor) Pricing (by element)
(units in the thousands. so if it says 60, it means 60,000)

7 Star
10 - 60
12/10 - 65 Lightning/Light
14/12/10 - 70 Lightning/Light/Dark
16/14/12/10 - 75 Lightning/Light/Dark/Ground
18/16/14/12/10 - 80 Lightning/Light/Dark/Ground/Fire
--/18/16/14/12/10 - 85 ------/Light/Dark/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/18/16/14/12 - 90 ------/-----/Dark/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/18/16/14 - 95 ------/-----/----/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/--/18/16 - 100 ------/-----/----/------/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/--/--/18 - 105 ------/-----/----/------/----/Ice

20 - 200
22/20 - 205 Lightning/Light
24/22/20 - 215 Lightning/Light/Dark
26/24/22/20 - 230 Lightning/Light/Dark/Ground
28/26/24/22/20 - 250 Lightning/Light/Dark/Ground/Fire
--/28/26/24/22/20 - 275------/Light/Dark/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/28/26/24/22 - 305------/-----/Dark/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/28/26/24 - 340------/-----/----/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/--/28/26 - 380------/-----/----/------/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/--/--/28 - 425------/-----/----/------/----/Ice

10 - 100
12/10 - 105 Lightning/Light
14/12/10 - 110 Lightning/Light/Dark
16/14/12/10 - 115 Lightning/Light/Dark/Ground
18/16/14/12/10 - 120 Lightning/Light/Dark/Ground/Fire
--/18/16/14/12/10 - 125 ------/Light/Dark/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/18/16/14/12 - 130 ------/-----/Dark/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/18/16/14 - 135 ------/-----/----/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/--/18/16 - 140 ------/-----/----/------/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/--/--/18 - 145------/-----/----/------/----/Ice

20 - 450
22/20 - 460 Lightning/Light
24/22/20 - 470 Lightning/Light/Dark
26/24/22/20 - 480 Lightning/Light/Dark/Ground
28/26/24/22/20 - 490 Lightning/Light/Dark/Ground/Fire
--/28/26/24/22/20 - 500------/Light/Dark/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/28/26/24/22 - 510------/-----/Dark/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/28/26/24 - 520------/-----/----/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/--/28/26 - 530------/-----/----/------/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/--/--/28 - 540------/-----/----/------/----/Ice

9 Star
10 - 150
12/10 - 155 Lightning/Light
14/12/10 - 160 Lightning/Light/Dark
16/14/12/10 - 165 Lightning/Light/Dark/Ground
18/16/14/12/10 - 170 Lightning/Light/Dark/Ground/Fire
--/18/16/14/12/10 - 175 ------/Light/Dark/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/18/16/14/12 - 180 ------/-----/Dark/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/18/16/14 - 185 ------/-----/----/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/--/18/16 - 190 ------/-----/----/------/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/--/--/18 - 195 ------/-----/----/------/----/Ice

20 - 550
22/20 - 560 Lightning/Light
24/22/20 - 580 Lightning/Light/Dark
26/24/22/20 - 610 Lightning/Light/Dark/Ground
28/26/24/22/20 - 650 Lightning/Light/Dark/Ground/Fire
--/28/26/24/22/20 - 700------/Light/Dark/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/28/26/24/22 - 760------/-----/Dark/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/28/26/24 - 830------/-----/----/Ground/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/--/28/26 - 910------/-----/----/------/Fire/Ice
--/--/--/--/--/28 - 1000------/-----/----/------/----/Ice

this is how i have my weapons and armor priced
based on the principle that
Ice > Fire > Ground > Dark > Light > Lightning

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OriginalCloud on 2007-04-11 14:13 ]</font>

OriginalCloud
Apr 11, 2007, 04:12 PM
Gryff - Bleh i always visited this site since PSO, I just never bothered with the message boards, till now cuz i figured it would be better to have everyone help boycott the overpricing. and it doenst help to price lower unless we all band together to push for a better economy. Besides if BuFu Clan members come here, i figured this isnt a bad place at all to kill time.

Lamak & Retehi - You should go around player stores and look at the highs and lows in pricing. I do this every week. and hey I sell a lot by pricing lower than 90% of the shops out there, so you can laugh, u can mock, u can cry, you can whine. But in the end it affects me not, so feel free to join the cause or go on about ur business.

Pionear - I have 4 characters (no main), and I have a shop for each selling different things.
One sells Fortegunner Only Guns and Decos
another sells Twin Sabers, Axes and Swords
the other 2 sell whatever these 2 dont sell.

So at the end of the day I log in, check all 4 shops to see how much more meseta i have in my PM and this is how i gauge how well my shops are selling (as u can see in some of my charts I also tend to keep track of the quantity i start with and how much i currently have in shop, in order to gauge how well individual items are selling)

AC9breaker
Apr 11, 2007, 04:55 PM
1st. Someone with the stereotypical online Cloud handle who types and actually makes sense? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

2nd. I like your ideas, however I don't like some of your prices. I still feel your charging far too much.

3rd. Your weapon Elemental list seems a bit awkward to understand but I finally get it. I still think your over charging people for the weapons.

My view for business in PSU is to make sure the people get a good deal while I make money at the same time. For example, 9* weapons will be listed at 240k in NPC shops. I sell my weapons at 230k. Wands, Guns, Melees. However the real profit is made in Melee weapons with percent. Same thing with armor. However my pricing is not as exorbitantly high as yours. Its like you said, you gotta use money to make money. I take the loss with normal weapons and mediocre elemental and make gains with decent elemental and High elemental. Just like the Grinder market. Everyone who sells grinders usually only sells 8+. Thats becuase these are the money makers and selling the other Grinders results in very little if not no gains. However with our inflated market even with +5 you can still make a small gain. I make it a habit to make sure I have the lowest prices in everything and not just that, I go the extra mile to make sure my customers are actually getting a good deal. As it is, I've made enough money on PSU to allow me to do what I want with out having to worry for financial trouble. There is no need for me to be any more greedy and rip my customers for their meseta. I run my shop so that I can be sure that my safety net of meseta will always be there. Not so I can have 99999999999999999 meseta.

OriginalCloud
Apr 11, 2007, 05:11 PM
AC9breaker - that's a fair enough opinion you've got if you find my prices too high. that's only because you sell too low, or at least lower than me.

I never claimed to sell the lowest out there, however im positive that i sell lower than 90% of the shops out there, because i've done my share of research weekly. And i tweak prices all the time. But im glad to hear your opinion because it's opinions like yours that are needed.
My weapon pricing I consider one fo the best out there, from what i've seen. Unless it's from a shop that's clearly trying to liquidate it's stock of wut the player may consider (crappy stuff i just want to get rid of)

Things I dont count when establishing a "price guideline" for comparison, is players who sell things ridiculously high (ex; heal items for 99,999,999 meseta) or ridiculously low (ex; copernia for 10k, or 9* weps for 5k).

I would love to see what everyone's price guidelines are like, so we can all compare notes (hence the purpose of this thread). I didnt post my guidelines as a blueprint for all to follow. I posted them so that others who want the same as me, can compare and agree on reasonable price ranges for most or all items.

Opinions are welcomed always good or bad. But we wont get anywhere till others start posting their pricing guidelines like I have.

Gryffin
Apr 11, 2007, 08:33 PM
Hehe, crazily enough, this guy ain't kidding. Everything he's said is true, and I'm not just sucking up for a promotion (but it's a good idea.. (Team 5 Leader sounds nice, eh?)

XD

DurakkenX
Apr 11, 2007, 09:23 PM
your prices are either too high or too low according to any real pricing system...

just for an example you said 10% 7* weapons should be sold at 60k... this is not true in the least if you pay attention to the prices set by ST. Any weapon with a percent should be higher than an NPC sold weapon that doesn't have a percent. Those that have percents should work the same way but the any percent lower in the given ele should be lower price. non-elemental weapons should be around 60-70k simply for the fact you can get them at NPCs v.v

ShadowDragon28
Apr 11, 2007, 09:25 PM
Funny thing.

I sale Grinder B+5's for like 1k each, and for the past 3 days *no one* has bought them.
Just about everything in most player shops are *WAY* overpriced. NOTHING should cost more than 500k, NOTHING.

IMO All those weps, armors, decorations being sold for millions is *ridiculous* and It really frakkin' annoying when 1 Grinder B+9 costs 500k!
I mean, come on a Zoona for 500k? An ungrinded A rank wep with 10% element for 1 million?! That's a rip-off!

Half of my total savings would be gone if I bought 2 Grinder +9's that 500k each. I barelyu manage to find a shop that sales them for 100k! It's real stupid. People are too greedy and they are causing the craptacular "inflation" IMO...

FluxGryphon
Apr 11, 2007, 11:26 PM
I agree with ShadowDragon - people are way over-pricing their goods. It's ridiculous to see decos - not to mention things sold by NPCs that are upwards of 30 times the NPC selling price. >.> I try to base my prices off of those from the NPCs, not necessarily what the market is selling them for. (My elem photons will stay in the 20k-5k range dammit!)

I'll come back to this thread later when I'm not distracted. :3 (Post some prices and other things.)

pikachief
Apr 11, 2007, 11:58 PM
STOP arguing on what the PC prices should be! just go by the 360 prices! we price better!

OriginalCloud
Apr 12, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-04-11 19:23, DurakkenX wrote:
your prices are either too high or too low according to any real pricing system...

just for an example you said 10% 7* weapons should be sold at 60k... this is not true in the least if you pay attention to the prices set by ST. Any weapon with a percent should be higher than an NPC sold weapon that doesn't have a percent. Those that have percents should work the same way but the any percent lower in the given ele should be lower price. non-elemental weapons should be around 60-70k simply for the fact you can get them at NPCs v.v

again I repeat guys if you are all disatisfied with the current market, then post ur pricing guideline ideas and lets all work together to set given "price ranges" for all willing to help the market stabilize to follow.

my list is NOT a set standard, i posted there for comparisons with your own lists or guidelines on prices. telling me i price too high or too low wont get us anywhere in this.

pikachief
Apr 12, 2007, 12:17 AM
On 2007-04-11 19:23, DurakkenX wrote:

like how my friend found an 18% dark nightwalker for 130k? or how i can get 7*'s over 20% for around 80k! (or used to until thesse S2 missions came out with all thier meseta and such http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

DurakkenX
Apr 12, 2007, 12:30 AM
#1. regardless of what you can find that doesn't mean that that is the accurate price for something...

#2. for the record I have spoke of a very easy way to determine correct prices which no one follows

#3. of the 2000+ players that regularly play PSU I would estimate no more than 100 of those players actually read what is written in the forums and if they do they generally ignore anyone with low post count.

This is a waste of time and energy to even consider at the present time and anyone with an intelligence would see that and not waste their time on it at least for the time being.

OriginalCloud
Apr 12, 2007, 12:56 AM
On 2007-04-11 22:30, DurakkenX wrote:
#1. regardless of what you can find that doesn't mean that that is the accurate price for something...

#2. for the record I have spoke of a very easy way to determine correct prices which no one follows

#3. of the 2000+ players that regularly play PSU I would estimate no more than 100 of those players actually read what is written in the forums and if they do they generally ignore anyone with low post count.

This is a waste of time and energy to even consider at the present time and anyone with an intelligence would see that and not waste their time on it at least for the time being.

1. There is no such thing as a "correct price" PERIOD. If there were, there would be regulations of some sort in player shops. We are given the freedom of pricing (up to 99,999,999) in order to build our own 'market'. simply because an item is priced at a certain price wether it's player shop or npc shop, does NOT mean that the item itself is "worth" that specific amount. thus there's no such thing as a 'correct price'.

2. Ummm what was this method? And again there's no such thing as a "correct price" and apparently everyone must agree that ur method isnt as good as u may think it is. if "no one" is using it

3. Why would post count matter to anyone reading threads? to people really go into a thread to look at the user's post count before reading what he/she has to say? That is the most retarded thing i've ever heard. You having 966 posts doesnt make u any better than me having 20 or 2 posts. Does post count give u higher status in society? That's just ignorance at it's best my friend. For all I know you could be the biggest spammer around, but i assume u've either just been here for a very long time, or just simply have nothing better to do with ur time.

oh and before I forget

"This is a waste of time and energy to even consider at the present time and anyone with an intelligence would see that and not waste their time on it at least for the time being."

- So since you wasted your time on it to get in here, read and reply. Then this means you lack intelligence eh? very smart of you to say Einstein.

on a side note: if you simply dont wish to bother with this, you do not need to participate as i've said before. all are welcomed, criticism is also welcomed on pricing and ideas, this is called GOOD criticism. But if all you gonna do is pull rabbits out ur *ss with comments that contribute absolutely nothing, then u may keep it moving. After all u'd be wasting "intelligence" and we woudlnt want that now would we?

DurakkenX
Apr 12, 2007, 01:24 AM
On 2007-04-11 22:56, OriginalCloud wrote:

On 2007-04-11 22:30, DurakkenX wrote:

1. There is no such thing as a "correct price" PERIOD. If there were, there would be regulations of some sort in player shops. We are given the freedom of pricing (up to 99,999,999) in order to build our own 'market'. simply because an item is priced at a certain price wether it's player shop or npc shop, does NOT mean that the item itself is "worth" that specific amount. thus there's no such thing as a 'correct price'.

2. Ummm what was this method? And again there's no such thing as a "correct price" and apparently everyone must agree that ur method isnt as good as u may think it is. if "no one" is using it

3. Why would post count matter to anyone reading threads? to people really go into a thread to look at the user's post count before reading what he/she has to say? That is the most retarded thing i've ever heard. You having 966 posts doesnt make u any better than me having 20 or 2 posts. Does post count give u higher status in society? That's just ignorance at it's best my friend. For all I know you could be the biggest spammer around, but i assume u've either just been here for a very long time, or just simply have nothing better to do with ur time.

oh and before I forget

"This is a waste of time and energy to even consider at the present time and anyone with an intelligence would see that and not waste their time on it at least for the time being."

- So since you wasted your time on it to get in here, read and reply. Then this means you lack intelligence eh? very smart of you to say Einstein.

on a side note: if you simply dont wish to bother with this, you do not need to participate as i've said before. all are welcomed, criticism is also welcomed on pricing and ideas, this is called GOOD criticism. But if all you gonna do is pull rabbits out ur *ss with comments that contribute absolutely nothing, then u may keep it moving. After all u'd be wasting "intelligence" and we woudlnt want that now would we?

correct price = price that the people who made the game intended it's value to be and make calculations make things drop and such according to this estimation.

my method is, get this, a calculation taking into account all the things that could possibly alter the price of an item.

Who said it really mattered? I said that is what most people do...they read a thread and if it seems dumb or full of lack knowledge... most consider such a post laughable and while they may "support" you on this forum more likely than not they aren't doing anything that you are talking about...and as it goes actions speak louder than words.

As far as me posting and wasting my time...well i have plenty of time to waste and i concern my self with the matters of the big questions all day long so it's nice to be an idiot and waste time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

as far as the Einstein comment goes...well like most of the "greats" he wasn't all that great the greats as a whole mainly just got lucky or just looked at something a different way...they were never really the best in their fields nor were they "intelligent." If they were more often than not they'd have shut their mouths.

OriginalCloud
Apr 12, 2007, 01:35 AM
correct price = price that the people who made the game intended it's value to be and make calculations make things drop and such according to this estimation.

my method is, get this, a calculation taking into account all the things that could possibly alter the price of an item.

- I strongly disagreee with all the above. as neither you nor me can confirm 'intended value" or what not, unless you directly speak with everyone in Sonic Team, this would be impossible to truly know.

thus this blow ur method out the water at it's root.

i'd say npc prices are overpriced on purpose, to promote player based shops and a player driven market. thus it would be safer to say that we are given a "rough draft" in how to price with npc shops, and then everything else is up to us to determine.

and hey its only been a couple hours since i started this thread, who knows 1 or 2 ppl may actually be interested. I laid the first brick, and eventually someone will lay theirs, and another and another after that, and that's how u build a house. lol

Tita
Apr 12, 2007, 02:37 AM
the PC/ps2 markets are stabilizing on their own, so there's really no need for this.

i tested out the ridiculous price thing on rares and these items are sloooowwwwwww moving... did i stay slow? i meant stagnant.

ie: copernia at 800k did not move for the entire tenure i had it up (3-4 weeks).

so yeah, i think these blown up prices reflect how much the individual player is willing to let go of them for. i can understand this with rares, but with overpricing on items you can buy at npc shops is useless.

anyhoo, if people with hand-me-down haxeta buy copernia for 1mil just because they can, who am i to stop them or lecture them on a game's economy? it's their meseta and they can do what they want with it.

just like that one time i bought an earth buccaneer for 500k way back when to match my eye patch hat....
silly meseta spending can be fun too, yknow?

i gotta admit though... the prices on 50% weaps are such a tease http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

OriginalCloud
Apr 12, 2007, 11:00 AM
still it would help to get together n set some standards of our own.

SuperRygar
Apr 12, 2007, 11:44 AM
so, when you wanted to research the prices. did you go back to the same shops everyday? cuz all your calculations are probably based on what people price things as..but to make accurate predictions on what things are actually worth, you need to find out the price something actually sells at. i dont know if you were around since the beginning of this game, but when haxeta was at its worse ppl were overpricing things on purpose to make money. so right from the start all player shop prices are based on that. it had nothing to do with the worth of the item, to a certain degree. SO your basing all your prices on this information...you've certainly done alot more than the average person in mapping all this, but your mapping false information. its true that the Xbox version is correct, because the only money received is that from missions and enemies. problem is if you sold stuff at that price your just allowing someone else to make more money. this is not an easy thing to do, its a first step yes, but.....i dont see this really working. maybe the player shops your checking out havn't been touched in months? maybe these people are still doing it on purpose just incase someone is dumb enough to buy it. not everybody is as wise as you and understands the physics of business, so they dont even understand simple things like supply/demand. i havent searched player shops in about 2 months now. i just play the game..its always such a waste of time. whenever i find what im looking for it costs too much, and i synth my own weapons. when i DID use my shop, i never priced stuff too high. especially synth materials, becuase it cost me nothing to find it, anything i make is a profit and i dont rely on other players to get good equipment. the player shops have that effect on some people, their idea of farming for a weapon is to farm as many photons as possible and sell them at rediculous prices to make enough money to buy a weapon. some people have resorted to walking around the lobbies begging for money. this game is like life, there are a large number of evil/ignorant/stupid people that have too much control of how us decent folk live in this world. i dont think there are enuf good to outweigh the bad. i do applaude your efforts in trying to help in this fight against the dark side. i have been stockpiling everything i picked up since November and one day when the player shops are not broken i will start selling and contributing. until then i will remain totally self-sufficient and happy btw ^.^

i think the best way to actually go about this plan, is to only take into account what actually sells. you need to get together with a large number of shop owners and have them post their sales and use that for your calculations. there will always be someone with alot of money just throwing it around and perpetuating this cycle of inflation. whenever someone buys an overpriced item a kitten dies. advertise that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-04-12 09:49 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Apr 12, 2007, 11:49 AM
On 2007-04-11 21:58, pikachief wrote:
STOP arguing on what the PC prices should be! just go by the 360 prices! we price better!

That won't help. We have somewhat of a bad economy for our own system as well. bad enough someone bought that Carriguine Ryuker with a crappy 12% for 15-20mil and those poor % Halp Serafi's go for 8mil or more. It's just a weapon like any other, just with a poor percent. Hell, for that amount, I could own a few 50% 9* instead. It's not really the people who put those items at those prices, but it's the people who actually buy em for those high high prices that cause the markets to be unstable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-04-12 09:50 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Apr 12, 2007, 12:01 PM
Well, as a rule of thumb, I NEVER sell ANYTHING more than the NPC sell for. And for those few items that NPC's doesn't sell, I'd still refuse to sell at ridiculour prices (except for seaonal rares). Though I mainly just sell guns. So pricing for those are easily regulated.

We were all low leveled once, and I'd like to think that while many are crafting A ranking items to make $, I'm making C-A to help out the community overall. I didn't get my hands on haxeta for a long while, so I've played a good amount of the game as were it was intended. Running around without scapes, piss poor to even afford reasonable armor and pm food. I relied heavily on player shops to save $ from the npc prices. I'm forever grateful and would like to help others who were in my shoes leveling up as well.

What bothers me is that while I'm still making C and B items and are searching player shops for equal leveled materials, THEY price them well over NPC prices as if their A rank stuff or rares. And less and less ppl even post them up for sale. Guess everyone's moving on to selling only high end stuff.

But lets all just hang in there and fight a good fight vs. these A-holes who insists on overpriceing everything!

60Hz
Apr 12, 2007, 01:48 PM
Not sure if anyone has stated this but all we need is a better search engine... until then your charts dont help much because i still have to wade through billions of im-photons priced at 100k (with Ad saying CHEAP PHOTONS!) to find one priced under npc 200... what i'd like to see is just a list of the good shops that sell items at a reasonable price... i keep my own list divided by npc items and drop items. i think this would be alot more useful...

my 2 centavos

60Hz
Apr 12, 2007, 01:58 PM
Well i've skimmed through more of the thread...

I find it weird that people are complaining about high prices... Just don't buy them!

What i find interesting is if these overpriced items sit on the shelf for weeks and no one bothers to drop the price? I honestly think most people just haev a shop, not really managing the shop, they just have it to have it...

I charge whatever i can get away with, if i put something up and it doesnt move i drop the price... so yeah sometimes i'll have something up for 50mil... and yeah its high, but if the demand is there and i own the supply it'll sell... just because you cant afford doesn't mean my price is too high... thats nuts...

I am definetly against paying above npc prices tho, thats just dumb and forces money to stop circulating, kills the economy because i'm not buying from you if you IM-photons cost more than or equal to NPC...

i think the major problem is the search engine is so primitive (half the time it doesnt even find all the shops)... upgrade the engine and all the complaints will cease...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 60Hz on 2007-04-12 12:01 ]</font>

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 12, 2007, 02:17 PM
the complaints will never stop they never will. but on to the main point of the thread. This is a good idea, but in order for this to work you would need at least 100 people with decently supplied stores to be an effective measure. And in order to acheive your stated goal(reversing the problem of prices due to inflation) the extra money has to go some where. With a method like this there is no where for that money to go.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 12, 2007, 02:18 PM
On 2007-04-11 21:58, pikachief wrote:

you dont price better. You have a different economy. be smart before you post.

Weeaboolits
Apr 12, 2007, 04:04 PM
Price fixing is a crime http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anti-trust ftw!

OriginalCloud
Apr 12, 2007, 09:23 PM
On 2007-04-12 09:44, SuperRygar wrote:
so, when you wanted to research the prices. did you go back to the same shops everyday? cuz all your calculations are probably based on what people price things as..but to make accurate predictions on what things are actually worth, you need to find out the price something actually sells at. i dont know if you were around since the beginning of this game, but when haxeta was at its worse ppl were overpricing things on purpose to make money. so right from the start all player shop prices are based on that. it had nothing to do with the worth of the item, to a certain degree. SO your basing all your prices on this information...you've certainly done alot more than the average person in mapping all this, but your mapping false information. its true that the Xbox version is correct, because the only money received is that from missions and enemies. problem is if you sold stuff at that price your just allowing someone else to make more money. this is not an easy thing to do, its a first step yes, but.....i dont see this really working. maybe the player shops your checking out havn't been touched in months? maybe these people are still doing it on purpose just incase someone is dumb enough to buy it. not everybody is as wise as you and understands the physics of business, so they dont even understand simple things like supply/demand. i havent searched player shops in about 2 months now. i just play the game..its always such a waste of time. whenever i find what im looking for it costs too much, and i synth my own weapons. when i DID use my shop, i never priced stuff too high. especially synth materials, becuase it cost me nothing to find it, anything i make is a profit and i dont rely on other players to get good equipment. the player shops have that effect on some people, their idea of farming for a weapon is to farm as many photons as possible and sell them at rediculous prices to make enough money to buy a weapon. some people have resorted to walking around the lobbies begging for money. this game is like life, there are a large number of evil/ignorant/stupid people that have too much control of how us decent folk live in this world. i dont think there are enuf good to outweigh the bad. i do applaude your efforts in trying to help in this fight against the dark side. i have been stockpiling everything i picked up since November and one day when the player shops are not broken i will start selling and contributing. until then i will remain totally self-sufficient and happy btw ^.^

i think the best way to actually go about this plan, is to only take into account what actually sells. you need to get together with a large number of shop owners and have them post their sales and use that for your calculations. there will always be someone with alot of money just throwing it around and perpetuating this cycle of inflation. whenever someone buys an overpriced item a kitten dies. advertise that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-04-12 09:49 ]</font>

great post, i been around since december and i dont take prices that are super ridiculous into account. I only take into account prices if they are consistent in the market, i searched every player shop about a month ago that had the items listed and wut prices they were listed, only counting the highest and lowest prices i saw.

and yeah i agree with u in order for this to work i do need a LOT of shop owners to band together for the bigger picture, thats why i came here hoping that here in PSO-W i'd find even a few with enough motivation to take matters into our own hands and promote better shop pricing.

OriginalCloud
Apr 12, 2007, 09:29 PM
On 2007-04-12 14:04, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Price fixing is a crime http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anti-trust ftw!

so is money laundering and counterfeitting.

fight fire with fire? lol