PDA

View Full Version : Internet n00bs.

DizzyDi
Apr 12, 2007, 10:17 AM
I'ma make this quick and to the point.
I'm tired of reading threads where someone might mention something/someone and people go "who's that?" or "whats that?" or "where can I get that?" etc.
C'mon people! You're on the friggin' internets. The LARGEST source of information in the world.
If you come across a term/person/ANYTHING that you aren't familiar with, MOTHERFUCKING GOOGLE IT!
Quick being lazy, ya bastards.
That is all.

Mixfortune
Apr 12, 2007, 12:13 PM
While I know the situations you're talking about, on the flip side depending on what they are asking about and where, they might feel they can get better information pertaining to the topic from those who are making it a bit more relevant to the conversation, or may have something beyond a more textbook description.

In the end though, a mix is probably best. If there's a subject or topic up that you'd like to know about, it'd definitely be better to check up on any 'textbook' references to give a good base of knowledge and then apply it and ask questions from there, rather than just simply posting a short "Who What" post that doesn't do anything.

Ah well, there's more destructive things that could be happening instead, but in time some will learn.

DizzyDi
Apr 12, 2007, 01:03 PM
Also: I don't mean this to offend or insult anyone. I've been guilty of doing the "What?" thing quite a few times myself.
I'm just a fan of the old school "look it up yourself" creed.

DonRoyale
Apr 12, 2007, 04:18 PM
No, Diz...

These days, we have Wikipedia. It's the new Google, rly

PJ
Apr 12, 2007, 05:16 PM
On 2007-04-12 14:18, DonRoyale wrote:

Semi-rant...

ALL THE PEOPLE who say Wikipedia is an unreliable source because people can edit it.

Bandwagon, ho!

foamcup
Apr 12, 2007, 05:49 PM
No, Diz...

Yeah, Wikipedia is sweet.

Kent
Apr 12, 2007, 05:53 PM
It's both the most unreliable, and the most accurate source for all things the internet-using populous regard with the utmost truthiness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness).

...But just because someone asks what something is, who someone is, or how to procure something, doesn't mean the question is literal.

Feelmirath
Apr 12, 2007, 06:31 PM
lol, internet resources.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 12, 2007, 10:15 PM
No, Diz...

Or you can direct them to Urbandictionary.com if they're asking you what "google it" means.

DonRoyale
Apr 12, 2007, 10:34 PM
You know, this would be a perfect time to capitalize on this topic...

But nonetheless...I'll let you pplz off with a koff, k?

*cough*