PDA

View Full Version : ANy explanation to why Bruce seems off or not completely the

CyarVictor
Apr 12, 2007, 11:08 AM
If you ever ran Bruce, you'd know what I'm talking about. His most infamous quote:"They're cute, but there's no time for that now." Honestly, I think he's been slapped around one too many times by the Bil De Vears after he triest to all warm and fuzzy with em. But this doesn't just apply to Bruce himself. All npc's and pm's are all game. What do you guys think makes them say those odd phrases?

-Shimarisu-
Apr 12, 2007, 11:10 AM
A pre programmed parser.

Akaimizu
Apr 12, 2007, 11:13 AM
Hmm. Well, first. For everything somebody has a comment on, everybody has to have their own comment on it. It's not like you're going to see somebody randomly talk on a subject where other characters do not. Not to mention, sometimes *we* talk about a critter, or something, almost randomly.

It's kind of hard to fight the urge to speak up about stuff your fighting (especially if they're funny looking enough, annoying enough, or fun enough).

CyarVictor
Apr 12, 2007, 11:19 AM
Where's the fun?

Better than the: *squeeky voice*"I can't play as a character so I'm going call all casts and beasts cheaters cause i suck at PSU."

I'm just trying to provoke more constructive topics or at least fun ones. Hell, later I'm going to bump up my other thread cause I still find stupid phrases from people in-game every day.

Akaimizu
Apr 12, 2007, 11:24 AM
I wasn't asking where's the fun. I'm saying that it's tough to not say stuff about those creatures, particularly if they match the descriptions I stated above. The difference is, unlike characters like Bruce, Lou, your PM, Laia, etc. (where they act like an old-style RPG, with exactly one thing to say about a monster), we keep coming up with new material. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-12 09:25 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Apr 12, 2007, 11:26 AM
It's just sad to think that ST make certain enemies try and be "cute" and npc's are suppost to reflect what the majority of players are suppost to feel. (in a way).
But IMO, most of these creatures are hideous. NOT cute, exept for their sound effects perhaps. The only cute new creatures are the owl things in Maotoob (sp?).
Give me back my rappies (as a non rare spawn), and the npc's have just cause for saying those phrases!

CyarVictor
Apr 12, 2007, 11:27 AM
True. Sorry I musunderstood your early comment.

I think the best place to document such things is universe 1/2 on the 4th floor if we actually did a topic on that or continue the other topic out there.

Midicronica
Apr 12, 2007, 11:38 AM
Cut the man some slack. He lives in a ****ing cave with all these monsters by himself. He's gotta get his love from somewhere, eh? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/love.gif

None of the guardians ever listen to him when he start talking about shite legendary skills with a pistol, so I guess he says some off the wall stuff to get our attention. XD

Weeaboolits
Apr 12, 2007, 11:45 AM
Bruce is crazy, he jumped onto the HIVE, knowing it was about to be blown up, just so he could sell a couple of guardians double sabers and buff items!

CyarVictor
Apr 12, 2007, 11:45 AM
Skills with a pistol he doesn't have at hand..... I think he needs to get out of that cave since he should have all that meseta for his stores people buy all those scape dolls from and actually afford a room or house.

Eleina
Apr 12, 2007, 11:52 AM
Guess bruce's shop ad is "Before my prices where legendary then came haxeta..."

Weeaboolits
Apr 12, 2007, 12:20 PM
Too much monomate.

RadiantLegend
Apr 12, 2007, 12:29 PM
He's seen too much ****

CyarVictor
Apr 12, 2007, 12:38 PM
Bruce: "Back in my day, I watched my friend get torn limb by limb at the hands of those....... lapuchasss. The horror... the horror."

Akaimizu
Apr 12, 2007, 12:51 PM
Bruce: "I watched a Lapucha crawling along a straight photon blade. Crawling, and surviving. That's my dream. That's my nightmare."

Bruce: "Who are you?"

You: "I'm a Guardian....sir"

Bruce: "No your not. You're just an errand person, sent by store clerks, here to collect a bill."

*minor flashback*

Lucaim Nav: "You are being sent under special orders, Guardian. This mission, for all intensive purposes, doesn't exist. However, know that there's a conflict in every Guardian's heart between the rational and the irrational. Between good and evil. The good does not always triumph. Sometimes the dark side overcomes what an ancient known leader called the better angels of our nature. Every Guardian has his breaking point. You and I have. Bruce has reached his. And very obviously, he has gone insane."

You: "Yes sir, very much so sir. Obviously....insane."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-12 11:03 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Apr 12, 2007, 12:58 PM
"No bruce, for the last time. I will not keep bringing you a lapucha. What happened to the last one I brought you, or the one before that?"

Akaimizu
Apr 12, 2007, 01:03 PM
You know what? He kind of reminds me of the Scientist, who had the Rappy fetish, in PSO.

CyarVictor
Apr 12, 2007, 01:07 PM
It's a kick in the glass, now in a lapucha.

Kaydin
Apr 12, 2007, 01:26 PM
You just got FKL'd!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif

Weeaboolits
Apr 12, 2007, 01:33 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/fkldbr.png

PhotonDrop
Apr 12, 2007, 02:19 PM
On 2007-04-12 10:51, Akaimizu wrote:
Bruce: "I watched a Lapucha crawling along a straight photon blade. Crawling, and surviving. That's my dream. That's my nightmare."

Bruce: "Who are you?"

You: "I'm a Guardian....sir"

Bruce: "No your not. You're just an errand person, sent by store clerks, here to collect a bill."

*minor flashback*

Lucaim Nav: "You are being sent under special orders, Guardian. This mission, for all intensive purposes, doesn't exist. However, know that there's a conflict in every Guardian's heart between the rational and the irrational. Between good and evil. The good does not always triumph. Sometimes the dark side overcomes what an ancient known leader called the better angels of our nature. Every Guardian has his breaking point. You and I have. Bruce has reached his. And very obviously, he has gone insane."

You: "Yes sir, very much so sir. Obviously....insane."

Do my eyes deceive me? An Apocalypse Now reference? I think we have a winner. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Moo2u
Apr 12, 2007, 02:23 PM
I'm a non voter.