PDA

View Full Version : The longest PA to level up

Cz
Apr 13, 2007, 12:42 AM
wat do u think is the longest PA to level up out of all of the PA listed on the poll? Have fun voting and if possible state the time it took u to get it to level 21+ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SarinSerafi
Apr 13, 2007, 12:47 AM
I voted the rifle bullet. While I didn't use it exclusively, I've only got Dark Shot to 21 recently. Would've gotten it sooner but I was trying to keep all my rifle bullets at about the same level. That didn't work. :/ I'd say it took about 50 character levels of casual missions and a few solo ones using strictly Dark Shot.

Umberger
Apr 13, 2007, 12:49 AM
As a Fortetecher, I'd say Megid or the unlisted Giresta. But I've played with a Fortegunner from his first day, and he is now level 5x, and his Laser Cannon bullet hardly ever levels. I think I'll stay out of this poll based on my indecisions. =p

Criss
Apr 13, 2007, 01:01 AM
I vote for xbow. Now I haven't tried megid so I can't compare to that, but I'm pretty sure xbow is slower than rifle. AND it's much more annoying to level. It has much less range, lower acc mod on the bullets, no first-person, an annoying V shape at levels 11~20, and they only start at A rank, meaning you can't level those while going through earlier levels as base class.

I have yet to get a single xbow bullet to 21. I do have dark bullet at lv 19, but second highest is lv 5...

MaximusLight
Apr 13, 2007, 01:03 AM
You forgot assault crush...

Pengfishh
Apr 13, 2007, 01:03 AM
I am nearly ready to give up on the crossbow. As a matter of fact, I have as of now.

Innominate
Apr 13, 2007, 01:04 AM
I voted Rifle Bullets. I don't have any to 21 yet, heh.

Siertes
I can only vote by experience and I choose Rifle bullets. Unfortunately I don't keep track of the time it takes to get to 21+. I have 5 different Rifle shots at 21+, 2 of those at 30.

All I can say is that it was boring as hell.

Raysa
On 2007-04-12 23:01, Criss wrote:
I vote for xbow. Now I haven't tried megid so I can't compare to that, but I'm pretty sure xbow is slower than rifle. AND it's much more annoying to level. It has much less range, lower acc mod on the bullets, no first-person, an annoying V shape at levels 11~20, and they only start at A rank, meaning you can't level those while going through earlier levels as base class.

I have yet to get a single xbow bullet to 21. I do have dark bullet at lv 19, but second highest is lv 5...

I totally agree with you. Rifle bullets are nothing compared to the X-Bow. Adding to what you said, its seriously the most annoying weapon to use.

Micro
Apr 13, 2007, 01:05 AM
On 2007-04-12 23:03, MaximusLight wrote:
You forgot assault crush...

Anga Dugrega is a pain to level...

But out of that list I would probably say Rifle...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micro on 2007-04-12 23:17 ]</font>

Retehi
Apr 13, 2007, 01:06 AM
Rifles. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

R2D6battlebot
Apr 13, 2007, 01:07 AM
Okay, before i say what i voted for, let me just say that anyone who hasnt tried EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE should NOT VOTE.
Now then, anyone who HAS in fact also tried all of those and even then still voted for rifles, they either cant count or theyre lying about trying Megid. I have had 5 bullets on Rifles leveled to over 21, and after 21 they become way easier to level. Megid takes waaaaay longer to level, end of argument.

Edit - Crossbows are the easiest thing to level after they get to level 11, but before then they are easily the single worst weapon in the game. So again, anyone saying they are the hardest thing to level either cant count or simply doesnt even have the patience to level them to 11, much less 21 (when they are easily the second best weapon in the game for rangers)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2007-04-12 23:10 ]</font>

ashley50
one word:
Rifles

ljkkjlcm9
probably rifles.... Xbow sucks too, but goes much faster after 11+

THE JACKEL

Raysa
Apr 13, 2007, 01:08 AM
Really? I can barely get Xbow to 2 XD. The weapon just seems so uninteresting to me .

Scion
Apr 13, 2007, 01:09 AM
Although I have experienced leveling a crossbow to 21, I would have to say that leveling a rifle is by FAR the most painful and time consuming out of ANYTHING in this game. Check this out: I leveled FOUR of my crossbows to 21, while, my friend, who SPAMS one bullet in every mission (regardless of the element, mind you) only got ONE of his rifles to 21.

Megid, barta (which I capped, btw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif), and zonde are also a bitch too...but probably still not as bad as a rifle.

shadowblades
Apr 13, 2007, 01:10 AM
I vote for megid and its hard to lvl up that spell i only got far to lv 21

Siertes
Apr 13, 2007, 01:15 AM
On 2007-04-12 23:07, R2D6battlebot wrote:
Okay, before i say what i voted for, let me just say that anyone who hasnt tried EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE should NOT VOTE.

I'm sure the OP would like more than 5 votes. Plus it's a fun vote (OPs words, not mine) so don't expect accurate, scientific results.

R2D6battlebot
Apr 13, 2007, 01:19 AM
Oh come on, I never expect the polls to have accurate results http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

APEXi
Apr 13, 2007, 01:21 AM
anga dugrega is pretty slow as far as melee is considered

Retehi
Apr 13, 2007, 01:23 AM
Oh just wait till us folks with access to Rifles get to level them up to 40 in AoI!

; ;

Shiryuu
Apr 13, 2007, 01:26 AM
Killer Shot. Possible chance of missing, high PP, and if constantly instant killing, you're not getting much exp.

Criss
Apr 13, 2007, 01:30 AM
On 2007-04-12 23:07, R2D6battlebot wrote:
Crossbows are the easiest thing to level after they get to level 11, but before then they are easily the single worst weapon in the game. So again, anyone saying they are the hardest thing to level either cant count or simply doesnt even have the patience to level them to 11, much less 21 (when they are easily the second best weapon in the game for rangers)</font>
I think you're confusing "required time" with "required number of bullets connecting". Rifle might take more shots for the same level, but you can shoot enemies from pretty much anywhere in a room(farther, and on ledges with first-person, unlike xbow), at an equal if not faster firing rate, and you don't have to stick the gun at under two inches of the monster for all bullets to hit(assuming all of them hit, as xbows have a lower acc mod on bullets).

They are FAR from being the easiest thing to level, especially not at lv 11+. The V shape makes it impossible to fully hit a single enemy unless you're up in his face, and requires you to move and reposition between each shot against any enemy that isn't immobile or slow like a jarba(and again, you don't want to get that close to a jarba). Sure, big monsters like Polavohra help a lot, but you don't get those at every spawn. It's probably much better at 21+, but at that point, you pretty much already got the bullet's full effect anyways, atk and acc mods aside.

imfanboy
Apr 13, 2007, 01:31 AM
mmm, but you can just go through, say, Valley of Carnage C for a day and get Dugrega from 1 to 21 - my friend did it. <_< Seriously, he did.

Rifles are IMHO the slowest to level - it can take literally a DOZEN empty rifles just to move up even 5-10% from 10-21, even for fortegunners, whereas megid/barta/zonde, while coming close to that, doesn't equal it. You've just got to go to places where mobs clump together so you can get the max exp for each cast.

Crossbows are easy to level, as are any other gun that doesn't cause flinch, knockback, or knockdown. Just go to Mad Creatures S and look for the map that starts with you going up a hill. Now, look for either Polties or Koltova to spawn first - if it's Distova, don't bother. Wipe out the monsters until you get to the spawn just in front of the B2 door, kill off the regular Vahras, and then just circle around behind the king Vahra and... shoot him. And keep shooting him. And shoot and shoot and shoot. He'll heal himself, as long as you don't hit him with anything heavy like a rifle.

When you run out of PP, walk out of the mission, refill at the PP cube outside, and then walk back in. Works best with many copies of the weapon.

You can actually stand JUST close enough to him to hit him with 2 bullets from the crossbow, or even 4 bullets from the shotgun. Just inch close to him - nail him a few times so he doesn't go running off. If he claws at thin air then jumps backwards, you're too close. Keep at it and you'll eventually get it right.

It took me about 2-3 weeks to get my light Crossbow bullet from 1 to 21; of course that was while I was doing other things. Maybe 5 days of LL A-rank runs took me from 15-21. It took me about 6 hours of just sitting there, holding down the autofire button, to get my dark Crossbow bullet from 1 to 21, and if I'd've known that I could shoot him in the back and never miss, then it would have taken even less time.

Wasn't all bad though, I watched like 40 episodes of Bleach. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-04-12 23:33 ]</font>

Cz
Apr 13, 2007, 01:31 AM
On 2007-04-12 23:23, Retehi wrote:
Oh just wait till us folks with access to Rifles get to level them up to 40 in AoI!

; ;

ouch...lol. I almost cry leveling my rifle bullet and it gets to level 40? >.> i might as well just go insane. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Jey
Apr 13, 2007, 03:03 AM
I think Boma Maga has been the most excruciatingly PA to level so far for me. yay for 96pp a shot and only two targets, and 25% acc mod x_x; +0.03% a gun at lv20 too! Ugh.

Barta/Zonde sucked too, only because I knew how absolutely useless those spells were while levelling them. Megid looks nasty to level since it has similar hits to level to those, and higher pp cost (and hella slower...)

Lasers blow really horribly too, but no one uses them anyway.

Rashiid
Apr 13, 2007, 04:12 AM
megid and zonde.

rifle bullets actually move.

i did an entire S2 mission of spamming Zonde, and it moved 3%.

Mayu
Apr 13, 2007, 04:22 AM
On 2007-04-12 23:21, APEXi wrote:
anga dugrega is pretty slow as far as melee is considered

-Ryuki-
Apr 13, 2007, 04:24 AM
Assault Crush is longer to lvl than Dugrega. Dugrega only attacks slowly, but at least it hits 2 targets.

LAMB1
Apr 13, 2007, 04:25 AM
try bomma magga out, mad expensive pp costs at lvl 1, idont even wanna know whats up at 21, plus bad accuracy.....whackness

Jey
Apr 13, 2007, 04:35 AM
Assault Crush is kinda biased... Sure it only hits 1x2 + 1x2 targets until lv21, but third combo does what, 2x4 hits? 21-30 was stupid fast for me, but it helped that it's a hella useful PA.

Dugrega is like.. 2x1 + 2x1 + 2x2, so you're stuck trying to skill it up only on larger mobs, and it requires double the hits to level as Redda (though Redda has more hits per full combo). Probably the hardest MELEE PA to level.

But melee PAs are like... fun to level, so they so don't count.

Rashiid
Apr 13, 2007, 04:39 AM
yeah Assult Crush is ment to hit 1 enemy, so its gonna Lv based on hitting one enemy (like Diga/Foie) and see how fast that levels?

stuff life Dugrega and barta and zonde n stuffs ment to hit allot of enemies, so it expects allot of hits to get the full % in per use.

Lamia
Apr 13, 2007, 04:48 AM
Do not confuse those with experience points needed to level up your character.

Rifle

LV Experience Points (Extra/Network Mode)

LV 1 0/0
LV 6 260/2880
LV 11 770/9760
LV 16 1550/18400
LV 21 3080/39040
LV 26 4380/53440
LV 30 6320/79360

Notes: Fast rate of fire.

Laser Cannon

LV Experience Points

LV 1 0/0
LV 6 245/2960
LV 11 490/10920
LV 16 1175/19800
LV 21 1860/43680
LV 26 3040/58280
LV 30 3940/87600

Notes: Slow rate of fire but pierces (10 enemies hit = 10x the experience points you get with a shot).

Crossbow

LV Experience Points

LV 1 0/0
LV 6 340/2080
LV 11 930/6160
LV 16 1950/13600
LV 21 3720/30040
LV 26 5520/44440
LV 30 8040/70360

Notes: Fast rate of fire and gets extra projectiles at 11 and 21 (meaning that it will get double/triple of the exp points).

Barta, Zonde and Megid

LV Experience Points

LV 1 0/0
LV 6 620/2480
LV 11 1990/7960
LV 16 3390/15400
LV 21 6290/31840
LV 26 8770/44240
LV 30 12914/64960

Notes: Same as Laser Cannon.

SStrikerR
Apr 13, 2007, 06:43 AM
On 2007-04-12 22:42, BunnyGirl wrote:
wat do u think is the longest PA to level up out of all of the PA listed on the poll? Have fun voting and if possible state the time it took u to get it to level 21+ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
you forgot a huge amount of weapons, like twin saber PAs in general, double saber ones etc.
but if i had to pick from them...rifle

amtalx
Apr 13, 2007, 07:09 AM
As boring as it is, grinding rifle bullets makes it seem like they are going much faster. If I really want something to go up I'll just spend an hour a day blasting Varhas in Overlord S2.

danny_o
Apr 13, 2007, 07:20 AM
Oops, I must have botched my vote or something... but from what I have heard Rifle BA's are the longest to lvl, so big props to the folks that take the time to get those above lvl 21!!

After that, I would have to say Megid is gonna take LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, just because it's PP cost is 40...PRIOR to lvl 11 even! But since it moves kind of slow it can hit quite a few suckers... I think Zonde/Barta/Megid all have the same xp% gain because they share their attack form, a "beam" that travels away from caster and can potentially hit any number of targets. I suppose it lvls so slowly due that tendency...

At the moment, I am lvling my Long-Bow BA's because that Freeze/Burn/Infect/Confuse SE4 just makes me salivate...but good gravy is it taking a LOOONG time...

Keep it up rangers! We all appreciate a frozen/infected Jarba any day of the week!!

Jenova34
Apr 13, 2007, 07:25 AM
Try Killer Shot! (I vote for rifles... ;_;)

toxic_rf
Apr 13, 2007, 07:54 AM
No idea why Cards are on the poll... They got to 21+ without me even trying!

ayrista
Apr 13, 2007, 08:15 AM
Cross bows are brutal to lvl, but once you get them to 21 they are worth it. I have dark crossbow bullets at 25 now i think, and they are awsome.

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 13, 2007, 08:56 AM
to be honest...

Laser Cannons, then Rifles...

Alpha-Hunter
Apr 13, 2007, 08:58 AM
i say x box. i have one at 21 and another at 17. even after 11 when the 2 bullet hits increase the growth, the PP usage is upped. so you end up running out of PP faster than sub 11 which forces you to switch to another weapon quit often during missions. and this is with 3 xbows on my char at all times.

tailz
Apr 13, 2007, 09:28 AM
On 2007-04-12 23:01, Criss wrote:

idunno... waaay back when i was a fighgunner (levels 35-50ish) i bought my first crossbow, ended up gettin 2 n kept one fire n one ice... i did misuraki defense S (this was when the lv cap was 60 n that was the best mission) n switched those on n off n had both of em to 20 before i knew it... ya theyre slow, but more damage n PP use... also u dont need first person n that mission... so maybe it was just my specific situation that ended up workin out really well, but id say crossbow isnt 2 bad... also, the V shot works great once u get used to it n learn how far u gotta be to either hit both targets or hit 1 with 2 bullets... for this, i havent spent time on rifle or megid online so i wont vote... but considerin ive used megid quite a bit offline(where everything levels 50x faster) n it took FOREVER n costed a lot, id prolly say megid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Apr 13, 2007, 09:50 AM
Well, because nobody else seems to use these, I'll have to chime in.

Rifle Bullets are definitely slow, and Twin Handguns (why are they not a choice?) are right behind them. Yes, you can shoot them a lot, and constantly drain them in a mission; and even with that use, they raise right around the speed of the Rifle.

The only exception seems to be the Ult Art called Twin MayaLee, which seems to raise faster than the rest.

Starrz
Apr 13, 2007, 11:58 AM
As far as crossbows go, I have 2 elements (dark and fire) at 30 and 28. I have the thunder element at level 24. I also have the ultimate crossbow PA at level 15.

Rifles, on the other hand, are just too much a pain. My highest is a lowly level 15 dark shot.

Yeah, rifles without a doubt.

TorterraEndor
Apr 13, 2007, 11:59 AM
On 2007-04-13 07:50, Akaimizu wrote:
Rifle Bullets are definitely slow, and Twin Handguns (why are they not a choice?) are right behind them. Yes, you can shoot them a lot, and constantly drain them in a mission; and even with that use, they raise right around the speed of the Rifle.

lol, no. They level faster than rifles without a doubt, and unlike rifles, they're good from level 1-30 and the levelups are just nice to have, but rifles pre 21 are useless.

chibiLegolas
Apr 13, 2007, 12:10 PM
I LOVE my crossbows, and I don't think they're that painful to level up unless you can't stand the v shots of 11-20 bullets. IMO, once they get over 10 BA, it's not all that bad. More targets means faster leveling.
It's the rifle bullets that are a pain for me to level.
I maxed out in GT 10 and had to switch over to fG to finally get at least ONE rifle BA to 21+. It's a strange stradegy to just stand still more and FPS everything compared to strafe'n everywhere with my crossbows.

I have no exp. with megid to comment.

Akaimizu
Apr 13, 2007, 12:13 PM
That's why I have rated the twin handguns behind the rifles. Rifles are my top of the slow-to-level list, followed by the Twin gunnies.

Twin handguns are decent pre-21, but they don't really shine until 21. (Argue some may do, but the accurracy boosts for 21 Twin handguns have affected my average landing of SEs on monsters, from actual practice. And I'm almost done all of my Twin handgun elements) Rifles get decent at 11, but don't shine until 21. (Mainly because rifles eventually get delegated to the weapon for attacking the big boys).

pikachief
Apr 13, 2007, 12:14 PM
Killer shot goes it a whole 5% with 2 9* rifles!!

WOW! O.O and thats if i kill things if i dont its 3% with 2 rifles >.>

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 13, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-04-13 09:59, TorterraEndor wrote:

On 2007-04-13 07:50, Akaimizu wrote:

lol, no. They level faster than rifles without a doubt, and unlike rifles, they're good from level 1-30 and the levelups are just nice to have, but rifles pre 21 are useless.

Ok, there is no useless weapon, and Rifles our the ranger's anti-air verses [Twin]Handguns, and it's the 2nd highest ATPed weapon us Fortegunners have, only higher is Grenaders.

Laser Cannon's Lv at a slower rate then the Rifle, and are an ass to lv... an example of the rates i can show is-

Lv8->9 Laser Cannon elemental PA- gains 1% every 15.5 hits.

Lv10->11 Rifle elemental PA- 1% every 14.5 hits

Now take the fact that the base ATA of a Laser Cannon is lesser than it's Rifle ranking brother. Now, it's PA's also have a lesser ATA multiplyer, thus making it inaccurate. Also, the velocity of the Laser Cannon shot is about 1/2 the speed of the common Rifle bullet, and 4/9ths the speed of the 'arrow' bullet used by crossbows and longbows. This makes the swifter enemies, such as a Volfu, much harder to hit. The laser cannon firing rate is about 1/2 that of the Rifle...

All in all, the Laser must be the hardest to level, sence 1- it's ATA stat wise, is crappy, 2- the speed and firing rate are crappy still, 3- it doesn't ubgrade in size, or speed, 4- Laser Cannon PP isn't exactly the gratest[unless you use a Laser Cannoc] and runs out fast, and 5- the peircing ability doesn't hit multiple hit-spots on 1 enemy, such as Kog Nadds...

Akaimizu
Apr 13, 2007, 12:23 PM
I wonder if the ultimate PA of the Laser cannon, levels faster than the regular ones. I was wondering that since that might be the case with certain Ult PAs. That, and the fact that MayaLee Prism is the next Ult Art I plan on getting.

TorterraEndor
Apr 13, 2007, 12:25 PM
Lasers hit more than one enemy, though.

If you're leveling it against just a single enemy at a time, well...

Support techs are hardest to level if you just use it on a single teammate, by this logic.

Golto
Apr 13, 2007, 12:31 PM
Rifles. 5000+ hits going from lvl 20 to 21. It does get easier 21-24 but after 24 then it starts taking a lot of hits to gain even 1%.

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 13, 2007, 12:32 PM
On 2007-04-13 10:25, TorterraEndor wrote:
Lasers hit more than one enemy, though.

If you're leveling it against just a single enemy at a time, well...

Support techs are hardest to level if you just use it on a single teammate, by this logic.

The Cannon is a decent weapon, but, WHERE do enemies stay in a Linear fashion? Hm?

Only Badira, Ageeta, Navals, and Golmoro directly charge at you... and hallways are RARE.. thus a forced linear formation is rare...

And with all the knockback, knockup PA's and such, the chances of accurately hitting a line of targets is bad... the common best you can do is 2 targets...

pikachief
Apr 13, 2007, 12:39 PM
i can also get pannons to line up! oh and lupachas and soon those frog things will.......

oh yea i have 2 laser cannons and my PA is still at lvl 8 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I WIN! YAY!

Akaimizu
Apr 13, 2007, 12:54 PM
I plan on using places like Valley of Carnage, to level up the Cannon. That's one of the greater (group of monster) places, I've seen. Plenty of opportunities for the multi-mob shot. Then again, I've been levelling everything there. Great place to waste some bullets and build those guns up.

TorterraEndor
Apr 13, 2007, 01:03 PM
I totally forgot, actually. Bullets can be the easiest to level up, Mad Creatures S you can get king Go Vahra to stand still and heal every 10s, use a turbo controller and level BAs over night with no effort. Theres other tricks for weapons with knockback, but too lazy to find the guides.

DISREGARD WHAT I SAID BEFORE PLZ

Akaimizu
Apr 13, 2007, 01:05 PM
Not sure it makes a big difference if you're just going to drain all your guns (that you're trying to level up) anyway. My examples really just come from the idea that I'm going to drain the guns raising the levels.

I could guess that a Valley of Carnage S2 would have Rangers going there, get to block 2. Get the big guys to show up, and only have to run up the hill to the Recharger. Still, when the opportunity comes, I want to see how fast MayaLee Prism raises.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-13 11:09 ]</font>

VanHalen
Apr 13, 2007, 05:32 PM
Bogga Danga 11-21. That was the longest PA I GOT to 21. Paidoff in the end spectacular light show and it's leveling fast now.

Tornado Break is at lvl 20 right now. I had that PA since I first started roughly 4 months ago and it just reached 20 yesterday. My rifle bullets are leveling faster than it! Well in the end Tornado Break is gonna pay off.

Narishi
Apr 15, 2007, 08:23 AM
Of the listed I would probably have to say Rifle Bullets... but I think Megiverse is one of the hardest to lvl expecially 1 to 11... it starts off with a relativly wide AoE, however the tech has a delay on its dmg of something like 3 seconds. So if you get interrupted during the delay period you lose so much time... not to mention despite it being an AoE tech it just lvls very slowly for some reason. I managed to get Wartecher to 10 from 1 using only this tech for my DMG lol... and it is only lv. 15.3....

Akaimizu
Apr 15, 2007, 09:18 AM
Still. All but about two things listed up there, raise faster than Twin Gunnies. They are definitely missing from the poll.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-15 07:24 ]</font>

Eleina
Apr 15, 2007, 10:04 AM
Rifles are the hardest to level from a soloing point of vue however if you only play in partys megid/zonde/barta and laser cannons would be worse because you'll rarely get enemy aligned enough to compensate for the slow rate of fire

Nobo
Apr 15, 2007, 01:11 PM
None of the above try Renzan seidan ga 2% per run with a Ran Misaki and a giga skill PP save. It was my first PA to go with an A rank and its only lv 26. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Kiku
Apr 15, 2007, 01:41 PM
you forgot all the Ra spells. I HATE the time i takes them to get to lvl 11.

CyarVictor
Apr 15, 2007, 01:53 PM
Ra- and the Barta/Zonde/Megid for the technics, Anga Duranga and Dus Robados for skills, and rifle bullets. The laser cannon and grenade launcher actually level pretty quickly when you use em on mobs. Rifles just seem forever to level up, especially the 19-21 part.

Para
Apr 15, 2007, 02:22 PM
Boma Maga period.

Raysa
Apr 15, 2007, 02:32 PM
Is Rifle really that bad? Spamming Rescuing Hyuuga with 10 Photon Charge proves to be an effective option. One level everytime D:.

Angelo
Apr 15, 2007, 08:27 PM
Anga Dugrega.

Totally not worth it either.

Neith
Apr 15, 2007, 08:46 PM
Killer Shot I reckon.

Like a rifle but it tears through PP, so you gotta recharge a lot more. Every other Rifle bullet is hell too, as well as Anga Dugrega.

Edit: Anga Dugrega IS worth it. It's more use than Anga Redda in a lot of situations. People just don't bother trying it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-04-16 09:45 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Apr 15, 2007, 10:10 PM
Rifle doesn't even deserve to be called the hardest. Nova got both her burning shot and frozen shot from 20-21 in 4 hours. That is easy. Lv30 Rifle bullets aren't that hard ppl.

How many people can honestly say they have a lv30 laser cannon bullet? I thought so

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-04-15 20:10 ]</font>

Siertes
Apr 15, 2007, 10:32 PM
On 2007-04-15 20:10, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Rifle doesn't even deserve to be called the hardest. Nova got both her burning shot and frozen shot from 20-21 in 4 hours. That is easy. Lv30 Rifle bullets aren't that hard ppl.

How many people can honestly say they have a lv30 laser cannon bullet? I thought so

[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-04-15 20:10 ]

L. Cannons are so situational that few people go through the trouble of leveling them. It really isn't worth it. If L. Cannons were a great, highly praised weapon, then I'm sure you'd have the lvl30 Cannon bullet people you're looking for.

Eleina
Apr 16, 2007, 02:12 AM
I could (but not going to) level L.cannon and grenades really fast they ain't that hard however rifles win hands down (and a good ranger needs all rifle bullets whereas they can skip L.cannon or Grenades). Ra techs are easy lol 12 hours to do lv1->30 how is that hard?

DEM_CIG
Apr 16, 2007, 07:51 AM
Barta is a pain it is so hard to level up omg...

-Shimarisu-
Apr 16, 2007, 08:19 AM
Crossbow takes the longest because it is one of the few weapons that is so absolutely crap from 1-20 it REQUIRES solo levelling.

If you have friends to play with, that becomes an issue.

Ironically it's also the most effective ranger PA post 21, hands down. DPS wise, mobility wise, SE wise, it beats all other weapons easily.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 16, 2007, 08:22 AM
Xbow is honestly not that bad to level. I've been doing group runs using Xbow exclusive and I gain a level, level and a half per run, using two Xbows throughout the mission. And that's from 1-11. I'm leveling it on my Fighgunner too, which many people will criticize. But when I get them to 20, I'll switch to guntecher, get em to 21, and be all set for when the expansion comes around.

As much as I hate leveling the Xbow in the early stages, it honestly doesn't take as long as rifle.

THE JACKEL

Scion
Apr 16, 2007, 08:26 AM
Hmmmm...ok, I haven't capped out my GT's ice crossbow yet (level 28), but I bet it's not going to take as long as the THREE AND A HALF HOURS that you're gonna need just for rifle level 29->30 alone.

I will get to that someday (I want 30s on my fT, so I'm not gonna bother yet, lol).

OH, btw, barta, zonde, and megid aren't nearly as bad as everyone's making it.

About 1 hour and some minutes for level 29->30 for barta. Radiga also took me that long, and some of you seem to have no problem capping that out...

XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-04-16 06:29 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Apr 16, 2007, 08:32 AM
On 2007-04-16 06:22, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Xbow is honestly not that bad to level. I've been doing group runs using Xbow exclusive and I gain a level, level and a half per run, using two Xbows throughout the mission. And that's from 1-11. I'm leveling it on my Fighgunner too, which many people will criticize. But when I get them to 20, I'll switch to guntecher, get em to 21, and be all set for when the expansion comes around.

As much as I hate leveling the Xbow in the early stages, it honestly doesn't take as long as rifle.

THE JACKEL

Crossbow is crap from 1-20.

If you use it in a party from 1-10, you are inconsiderate, also likely out of your league because who uses the shite sub handgun bullets of crossbow 1-10 except in a party where so much damage is being dealt nobody notices your crap damage?

It's barely better from 11-20. Like a poorer range, horribly dispersed version of twin handgun bullets.

Rifle on the other hand, even level 1 is useful in a party situation. High rate of fire, incredible range, SE2 from the get go, available from early levels. Rifles are cheap to purchase, have way more PP and acquirable in B rank.

It's telling that only PC users are saying rifle is harder to level than crossbow. Haha.

(I have 2 crossbow PAs at 21+, one is maxxed at 30. I have 3 rifle PAs at 21+, two at 30 and the other is killer shot at level 25.)

Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2007-04-16 06:33 ]</font>

Balthasar
Apr 16, 2007, 08:39 AM
1.5 hours per level on rifle or other guns at high levels? I don't think so. I save hours of my life with the following while I go to school, work, or to sleep.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/Cerberus878/DSCN0976.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/Cerberus878/DSCN0962.jpg

Oh, and by the way...
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/Cerberus878/DSCN0994.jpg

-Shimarisu-
Apr 16, 2007, 08:54 AM
On 2007-04-16 06:39, Balthasar wrote:

Oh, and by the way...
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/Cerberus878/DSCN0994.jpg

Wouldn't.