PDA

View Full Version : My family has gone crazy :D

Skuda
Apr 13, 2007, 01:00 AM
So let's start things off with, my grandmother passed away a few days ago.

It's a sad time for us all. She had been in the hospital for a couple of months now. She had been suffering from Polio. I didn't know she even HAD Polio until my mom told me two weeks ago.

So yeah, thanks for not telling me sooner mom.

Anyway, She had been just lying in bed all day, not doing anything. She should have been getting up and exercising, eating her food and getting better.

Sadly, she had given up. Her body began to wither away, then her mind slowly followed. She could barely remember which day of the week it was and was constantly complaining about being bored. She was a real mess, and it was sad to see her like that.

Alas, I realized that her time was nearing. I had been expecting it for some time now. Wednesday morning at 7:00, she slipped away from us.

Tomorrow morning, I'm flying back home to attend the funeral. I was told it was to be a small family affair. That all changed. Just this evening, I got a phone call from my mother.

She told me about what had happened. My aunt went fucking bonkers (not literally.. she's just doing really stupid things).

The small family funeral has now been turned into some sort of demented birthday party. My Aunt being the one spearheading the project. We are now being served CHEESECAKE and FRENCHFRIES, because that is what my grandma had been eating before she passed away. There will be BALLOONS, because my grandma had balloons in her hospital room. They are going to be playing RAIN FOREST MUSIC, because my aunt had been playing that right before my grandma passed away. They are also going to be playing "WHO LET THE DOGS OUT" because my grandma loved her dogs.

Now I'm not one that knows much about funerals, but WHAT THE FUCK!? I am incredibly offended by these ridiculous shenanigans my aunt is planning.

Seriously, this is supposed to be a funeral. Who the hell served cheesecake and frenchfries at a fucking funeral?

Who cares about what she was eating before she passed away. I don't want to hold my sickly grandmother who could barely remember who I was in memory. I want to remember all the happy times I spent with her, all the fun things we did. I don't want to remember what fucking CD somone put on not 12 hours before she passed away.

Seriously... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

To make matters worse, my cousin (aunt's eldest daughter) is in her first year of veterenary schooling. She has exams this week. Now, my aunt has always been a stickler for getting THE BEST GRADES POSSIBLE!!!!! 98%s wont do. She expected 100%s.

My aunt didn't even tell my cousin that grandma had passed away. She was too worried about her schooling. WHAT THE FUCKING FUCKWADS!!! D:<

My cousin could have rescheduled her exams to 3 weeks after. But since my aunt didn't say anything, it appears as though is is now too late for her to reschedule.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Well, there's my rant. I am now very pissed off, going into this funeral. I have to get up at 4am so I can catch my flight, so I'm going to try and get some sleep.

I may elaborate more on this later. There's much more to tell. This was merely the icing on the cake.

night PSOW

Ma_Navu
Apr 13, 2007, 01:25 AM
Wow, that's... wow.

Cheesecake and french fries? "Who Let the Dogs Out?" and balloons? Why hasn't anyone said a damn thing to your aunt? I swear, if I die and someone brings out that kinda crap, I'll pop outta my casket and shout, "What the fuck is this? I die and you eat cheesecake?! You're at a funeral, not Chuck E. Cheese, for fuck's sake!"

Weeaboolits
Apr 13, 2007, 01:30 AM
My condolences, and yeah, that's some funeral... Something... Gall, people... -_-'

Blitzkommando
Apr 13, 2007, 04:34 AM
I could understand going out after the funeral somewhere to eat and exchange stories, but damn, cheesecake and french fries at the funeral itself? That wouldn't help me at all, and would make me bitter for a while I think. I'm sorry to hear about this and how it has happened.

PJ
Apr 13, 2007, 06:45 AM
On 2007-04-12 23:00, Skuda wrote:
It's a sad time for us all. She had been in the hospital for a couple of months now. She had been suffering from Polio. I didn't know she even HAD Polio until my mom told me two weeks ago.

So yeah, thanks for not telling me sooner mom.

My grandma died this past August, and I had no idea she was that sick. I jsut got a call from a family friend, I picked up the phone, and he asked, "How are you holding up?" and all I could say was, "Uh, good." Which must have made me look terrible. I had to be TOLD by my brother that she had died, cause I was so confused. It was kinda frustrating that no one told me what happened.

SO I know where that's coming from...

Either way, your aunt is just, blarg, that's terrible, to say the LEAST http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

KodiaX987
Apr 13, 2007, 07:05 AM
Call the aunt, give her a piece of your mind and boycott the funeral.

Even the best condoleances won't sound genuine in a room that's set up like a fucking trainwreck. Wait 'till the party's over then go pay your respects to your grandmother quietly and on your own.

DraginHikari
Apr 13, 2007, 08:01 AM
People get carried away with everything, funerals aren't any different

DonRoyale
Apr 13, 2007, 11:43 AM
At least I witnessed my grandmother's passing myself. (In a similar situation, except she had cancer)

Regardless, your family has gone crazy.

Yippee-yi-yo, psychos http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Hope it all works out.

Thalui89
Apr 13, 2007, 06:43 PM
It amazes me how cold people can be to others feelings.

My great grandma passed away a few years ago, after her burial all of the family went to a hotel to talk about all the good times we had shared with her and try to ease each others pain. Whilst there was food being served to people it was hardly a party, infact i suppose the food was there to merely nourish people from a particularly hard time.

Whilst i dont know your family, i can see from you have said that your feelings have been ignored in all of this. In regards to your mother not telling you until two weeks before your grans death, it could be that she was just too upset although my personal view is that she should have informed you much sooner. In regards to your Auntie, my personal belief is that she is doing what she feels is neccessary for her to over come her grief, sadly she is going about it the completely wrong way as she is causing major upsets to you and the rest of your family. My advice would be that you should perhaps have a calm and civilised discussion with your aunt about your own personal feelings and let her know how you felt as well as get to know more of her thoughts about why she changed the service. If you want to remember your Grandmother in a different way to many, then i advise that you perhaps revisit the grave site in your own personal time. That way you can think about the good times you had with her in peace and quiet and hopefully this will help you in your mourning process.

I can totally understand how hurt you must feel by your aunts actions as just after my great grandma was buried, one of my Grandads started talking about my young cousins problems and acted as if they were more important, least to say this eventually led to a break down in relationship with him and i no longer talk to him. Hopefully though, this wont happen between you and your aunt.

You have my deepest sympathy.

Jive18
Apr 14, 2007, 05:49 PM
Sorry for your loss Kuda, I've been through 2 funerals for grandparents, so I know how it feels.

As for your Aunt, she appears to be having a breakdown or something. Get someone to talk to her and let her understand just how unconventional and odd it is.

Skuda
Apr 17, 2007, 06:30 PM
Just a little update:

My father managed to quell all the crazyness going on, and compiled it into a nice little tribute. He actually managed to make "who let the dogs out" work. Props to him.

That's... pretty much it..

oh yeah. My grandpa fucking rocks. He's 80, and he can do squats faster than I can. XD

Stormsworder
Apr 17, 2007, 06:34 PM
Geeze... Your aunt sounds as bad as mine does. Mine's drugged up all the time...

You shouldn't turn someone's funeral into a party like that. It's supposed to be a time of mourning. And not telling the girl because of worrying about her grades? Geeze, what's her problem!? It's like not telling me my brother was put into the hospital from getting shoved into a concrete pole because my Mom didn't want my worry to affect my grades!

I will be praying for your family and that things will get better for you, man. It's not cool having someone as insane as your aunt is.

SStrikerR
Apr 24, 2007, 06:58 AM
wtf, im staying away from my aunt forever now, your stories of evil aunts and such shook me. *shivers*

my sympathies though.