PDA

View Full Version : Mission Hotspots

Lamak
Apr 13, 2007, 05:56 PM
Am I the only person in the game who has done every mission twice? Seems like when I ask people to go anywhere other than the hotspot they reply with something like : "Where is that?" or "Nah crimson beast is too much fun". :|

EDIT: Edited the title for clarity

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2007-04-13 16:23 ]</font>

VanHalen
Apr 13, 2007, 05:59 PM
I really want to do other missions but everyone does crimson beast. You know how hard it is to get people to got to Neudaiz?

NPCMook
Apr 13, 2007, 06:02 PM
Better chances of getting struck by lightning, and then bitten by a spider, and hit by an airplane?

60Hz
Apr 13, 2007, 06:04 PM
Hit me up Lamak! I'm all over the place, especially neu... <3 neu!

pineapple
Apr 13, 2007, 06:08 PM
I've probably solo'd most of them, but would I know where all of them are? Probably not.

Lamak
Apr 13, 2007, 06:08 PM
On 2007-04-13 16:04, 60Hz wrote:
Hit me up Lamak! I'm all over the place, especially neu... <3 neu!

O__O

FluxGryphon
Apr 13, 2007, 06:09 PM
I'm with 60Hz! I enjoy going anywhere besides hotspots. :3

And no, you're not the only one who's done every mission twice - I've done every mission at least twice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif (Now if there are more than just us two...)

Niered
Apr 13, 2007, 06:10 PM
At least neudaiz is easier to get a party for then Moatoob is. I would HAVE my Giga/bullet PP save if it werent for all the moatoob haters out there.

Although, that does seem like it could change, seeing as how one of the new S2 missions gives slightly better rewards then crimson beast, and it gives better EXP.

Radiata
Apr 13, 2007, 06:12 PM
I'm sick of places, but sometimes I forget things I do, even over and over.

Haha. I like Neudaiz. o_o;

shotsfired
Apr 13, 2007, 06:14 PM
I played Moatoob this morning, on uni. 1 and it was a friggin ghost town. I found an awesome group, but we went to the tunnel, and NO OTHER GROUP WAS THERE! (once again, this is universe 1, full...) Variety is the spice of life. I do agree with some people about the content, I did spend $60 bucks on this game, plus $10 bucks a month, it is kinda lame that they are holding back stuff on us, but come on!! there are SOOOO many missions you can do! get off parum for CH^#$T sake and have fun!! I love Fakis!!! Tunnel is fun too! grove of fanatics!! relics!! (would have loved an S2). live a little. ranting done....

shotsfired
Apr 13, 2007, 06:17 PM
on a side note, Would anyone be interested in, on one night, running through EVERY MISSION. starting at the colony and going through every planet, every mission, the highest we can all do?? I think that would be fun, and it shouldn't take that long if you got a good group. unfortunately, not tonight, My son has a 103 degree fever, but sometime in the next week or 2, I would love to try to organize these runs. anyone with me? anyone?? *hears wind and watches tumbelweed roll by*.....

SolomonGrundy
Apr 13, 2007, 06:21 PM
this is one of the reasons I'm annoyed that soloing is SO difficult. I don't like to be dependent on others to complete missions.

VanHalen
Apr 13, 2007, 06:25 PM
On 2007-04-13 16:02, NPCMook wrote:
Better chances of getting struck by lightning, and then bitten by a spider, and hit by an airplane?

Yeah like that. Funny thing about that is when I was 14 I almost got struck by lightning when walking home in a downpour of rain.

Then there are some people who complain about content when they only use 5% of the stuff they have.

APEXi
Apr 13, 2007, 06:53 PM
tired of crimson. you can now find me either forming groups for fakis S or over in moatoob for stuff in the basin or... on nuedaiz for some onmagoug or the party mission

FluxGryphon
Apr 13, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-04-13 16:12, Radiata wrote:
I'm sick of places, but sometimes I forget things I do, even over and over.

Haha. I like Neudaiz. o_o;

Behold the powah of teh Leafbomb, yo! It's all that foliage in your memory capacitors and stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Eastern Peril was a hot spot for folks under LV55 before Crimson Beast came around. I like that mish, even though Onma is an annoying boss. >.> (Less so than Dimma though.)

So why do people hate Moatoob? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif

Titan
Apr 13, 2007, 07:37 PM
I tend to spend my times around Nuediaz I've gotten some lucky rares that every1 wants but cannot have because their too busy spamming crimson Beast for some reason...

Vaxillus
Apr 13, 2007, 07:48 PM
On 2007-04-13 17:18, FluxGryphon wrote:
So why do people hate Moatoob? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif

The enemies are more difficult there than elsewhere even at lower levels. There's nothing having S Vandas hurling Diga at you that can kill a properly levelled Beast Fortefighter in two or three hits. Why go to more trouble for less payoff?

I will agree though, variety would be nice. I'm all for Neudaiz, the visuals there are much more enjoyable.

VanHalen
Apr 13, 2007, 08:23 PM
On 2007-04-13 17:18, FluxGryphon wrote:

I love Moatoob's challenge. When I finally did Valley of Carnage S I was like "Woah!". Err umm anyway the only reason I hate Moatoob is because whenever I start a mission there I always d/c before the mission starts.

desturel
Apr 13, 2007, 08:50 PM
One day when I was extremely bored and couldn't find anyone else online to play with I solo'd Desert Goliath S. It took me about 4 hours. About an hour for the mission and then 3 hours for the boss. I was planning on trying to solo Falkis S, but I'm not sure how long that would take. I might try it someday. Anyway my point is, if no one wants to leave the hot spot, there's always the option of attempting to solo.

I tried to solo Forest Infiltration S2, but the Kagajibari kills me whenever he jumps on me and Adahna Degahna would not allow me to stay behind him for more than two or three diga. I had to go to work so I had to give up the mission. Although I was just trying to solo FIS2 for OrtaResin so that wasn't an official solo run. Just a momentary lapse of judgement (Desert Goliath is a better place to hunt OrtaResin anyway since you don't actually have to fight the boss).

KuroNetsune
Apr 13, 2007, 09:22 PM
I enjoy partying out in moatoob, even if I usually end up doing it alone all the time, I just love the environment, sue me

and hey, being a WT makes it bearable to plow trough that zone, but yeah, at times I really wish I had some company <.<

hmmmm, a world tour sounds really apealing, sign me up =D

Yuudai_Riisu
Apr 13, 2007, 09:52 PM
when hit 70 or above i dont think soloing is hard

ashley50
Apr 14, 2007, 04:06 AM
On 2007-04-13 19:52, Yuudai_Riisu wrote:

try Soloing VoC S2...

Sexy_Raine
Apr 14, 2007, 09:34 AM
On 2007-04-14 02:06, ashley50 wrote:

On 2007-04-13 19:52, Yuudai_Riisu wrote:

try Soloing VoC S2...

I true soloed VOC S2 on my first try, but costed me 2 scape dolls. The only way I beat those Vandas is by strafing backward with using barta. I highly recommend just skipping over it, not worth the effort. If you want to solo to find items, Mine Defense S2 is much better for it.

pRoJeCtFaMe
Apr 14, 2007, 09:37 AM
On 2007-04-13 16:10, Niered wrote:
At least neudaiz is easier to get a party for then Moatoob is. I would HAVE my Giga/bullet PP save if it werent for all the moatoob haters out there.

Although, that does seem like it could change, seeing as how one of the new S2 missions gives slightly better rewards then crimson beast, and it gives better EXP.

I think moatoob is the best planet in the whole game. It challenging, It takes time, and there a boss in every corner..(kinda)

Lamak
Apr 14, 2007, 06:10 PM
All I want to see is more people on Neudiaz and in West Kugu Field Base. Forest Infiltration S/Holy Grounds S = Win.

pokefiend
Apr 14, 2007, 07:05 PM
I dont think assembling a party is that hard. Just today I assembled a party for Tunnel Recapture using mostly my partner card list. ^.^

though I will agree, some ppl just cant get away from those hot spots, including my younger brother -_-

Gen2000
Apr 15, 2007, 12:43 AM
I solo'd VoC S2 as my fG, I wasn't used to the Vandra launching their Diga LOWER now so that it actually has a chance of hitting me so it took about 45 min to complete it. It's funny because a Beast fF did join got smacked by a few Diga and said "well gl, cya".

The reward/mp still sucks, I skipped over Mine Defense S2 and want to see if there was more of a crowd over at Tunnel Recapture to take advantage of before it becomes a ghost town. Me and another Beast fF mainly duo'd it until a WT joined towards the end of B3.

The reward is pretty high, couldn't recall if the exp is any better (I'm lv.80) but it takes way longer than Crimson/Labs but then again I didn't have much experience with mission speedrun style unlike Crimson/Labs which is pretty much broken down to a science for 10min-ish runs.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 15, 2007, 12:49 AM
People hide in parum because there are no worms there

suncrush
Apr 15, 2007, 12:53 PM
I am happy to run anything other than Crimson Beast.

I am SOOOOO sick of Crimson Beast.