PDA

View Full Version : Male > Female

TorterraEndor
Apr 13, 2007, 06:26 PM
Inspired by the race topic! People seem to get on my case for defending what they seem to think as bad race/class combos, but then it occurred to me. Most of these people pick bad combos themselves when they go female. Yes, I'm overgeneralizing, but bare with it for the easiness sake.

Newmans are apparently only good at FT and AT, because all they have is TP and MST, both of which are apparently agreed upon to be useless on everything except those two classes.

But wait! Females have a boost in EVP/MST/TP/DFP/END!

Lets look at this;

-EVP is good for hugely damaging attacks that would knock you over anyways, if you're in a good party, PAs being stopped wouldn't be a problem. Others see this stat as useless though, so for arguments sake, I will too.
-MST is a nice thing to have, but you're better off with Elemental armor, and if you have a head slot as a non FO, a MST unit can be equipped(For males to compensate)
-TP is only useful with classes that can nuke/resta
-DFP, useless
-END, don't feel like getting into right now.

So only one of those stats is even seen as useful, not touching on END that is. But wait! That stat is only useful as a FO type class, but wait! Only two FO type classes are even supposed to use attack technics, and the extra resta boost isn't worth it for WT or GT!

Yet, males have higher ATP, ATA, and HP. Making them more suitable for Fighgunner, wartecher, guntecher, fortefighter, fortegunner and protranser(And likely AF)

My point? Before you go judging a class/race combo that you haven't even tried, reconsider something, especially if you picked a female character and are not a FT. Do you really have a place to say anything?

Discuss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TorterraEndor on 2007-04-13 16:34 ]</font>

Shiryuu
Apr 13, 2007, 06:32 PM
Females have more DFP.

TorterraEndor
Apr 13, 2007, 06:34 PM
wtf made me think they had less? >_> Well, its unimportant, DFP is pretty useless too.

ShinMaruku
Apr 13, 2007, 06:35 PM
Leonidas.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 13, 2007, 06:42 PM
I think females make better warteckers than males (human, newmen).

I think Gunteckers can 'swing' either way.

I think Female Cast is probaly the best Figunner.

I think Protrannys are best left to 'the boys

those are all opinions though. The only FACT is, when selecting gender, ask your self WHY you are picking the gender. If it is for fun/roleplay purposes - well - who cares about a few stat points.

If it is to min/max, then CAREFULLY consider what you are getting vs what you are giving up. The difference in ATP between a M/F Beast GT is only 19 @ 60/10, but females, with the extra bit of TP will be able to equip 5* wands just a few levels earlier. And levels don;t come quickly in the 60s

idon
Apr 13, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-04-13 16:35, ShinMaruku wrote:
Leonidas.

Men win.

PJ
Apr 13, 2007, 06:45 PM
Girls have worse costumes. By far.

Eeyore
Apr 13, 2007, 06:52 PM
the difference are so small and that effect of ATP, ATA and HP are on diminishing returns. You are crying for no reason

CoSine
Apr 13, 2007, 07:42 PM
No noes!! God save my pitiful soul that my female fG/figun has a couple less percentage bonuses that only the the male have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CoSine on 2007-04-13 17:45 ]</font>

KamiSori
Apr 13, 2007, 07:59 PM
i dont think the difference between genders of the same race/class is big enough to matter. most people know if they want a male or a female and the small stats shouldnt make anyone reconsider.

Soukosa
Apr 13, 2007, 08:18 PM
There's what? At most a 71 point difference between sexes? With alot of classes, the difference is so minor it won't matter much.

Granted, considering you feel all defensive stats are worthless...

Allison_W
Apr 13, 2007, 08:44 PM
Don't forget that we girlies get better attack animations with many weapons--including faster attacks with heavy weapons such as the sword, and even an entire extra attack in our twin claws combo.

SolRiver
Apr 13, 2007, 09:29 PM
I would save the judgement until we reach end game max stat (lv200?).

Also, don't forget about gender weapons.

Nailuj
Apr 13, 2007, 09:38 PM
The differences in stats between males and females is so small its not even worth it to make a distinction or in this post's sake; a partisan. Are you basically saying that females are that much worse off than males in this game? I happen to play as a female beast and the last time I checked; this game along with most MMORPGs wasn't just about stats or equipment but something called SKILL.

TorterraEndor
Apr 13, 2007, 10:15 PM
Everyone missed the point of the topic.

Everyone.

You all suck.

CyarVictor
Apr 13, 2007, 10:49 PM
Ah geeze. Alot of these people are one of the following:
A)Go for the power house, by the book, cookie cutter.
B)Play what they want to
C)Play as a character of the suggested ie:a no FO- female and yet will bag on a bad race/character combo

Before you say I play the powerhouse/cookie cutter, i choose casts cause i liked them from the first and I love robots. And right now, I'm leveling the GT side of him: I'm a walking monomate and agistride when I cast, I want to luxary to use S twin pistols and submachine guns. So before you say, that's my reason as a cast male, cause i play as what i want to be. i give a rats ass about being another LUCIFER or any other elistist asshole out there.

Understand this, anybody can be good or can suck at this or any other game. It's up to the fucking player. So knock these bullcrap topics out of these forums, and out of this game. All they do is set fire and damn hostility in the game designed for community, not supremacy.

Nailuj
Apr 14, 2007, 01:03 AM
On 2007-04-13 20:15, TorterraEndor wrote:

Everyone.

You all suck.

well maybe your argument just needs to be re-worded for clarity. You may have given a different point than what you originally intended to do; some people including myself took this more as an attack on female characters' stats.

It's like on PSO when people would argue hunewearls versus humars, fonewearls versus fonewmans, racasts versus racaseals. The list goes on and on but to make a valid argument, there definitely has to be a good consideration of how to word it so it comes out as an actual debate and not an outright attack/flame/argument.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nailuj on 2007-04-13 23:07 ]</font>

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 14, 2007, 01:13 AM
I went with the same combo i did in PSO, took the race/sex with the highest damage output and put it into the class with the highest damage outpout(AKA male beast Fortefighter). Then after a few months when crimson came out I figured time to expand. I played as a ranger for a day got to lv 5((all of 5 or 6 missions if i remember right, got to love high mp missions)). then i thought lets be a protranser. I like damage. I figure being able to use the axe, the strongest melee weapon, the bow, excellent SE, and the gernades, mass damage, SE, and knockdown would be an excellent venue for my obsession with damage. So now i have a male beast protanser who at 50 something had around 600hp. took till 6PT to be able to use the axes but my palet consist of 2 axes, 2 gernades, a bow, and an unused laser cannon.((personally i think that one is a wasted slot.))

Also I am the only male beast protanser i have seen in the game. Correct me if i am wrong.

Sychosis
Apr 14, 2007, 01:21 AM
On 2007-04-13 23:03, Nailuj wrote:

Everyone.

You all suck.

well maybe your argument just needs to be re-worded for clarity. You may have given a different point than what you originally intended to do; some people including myself took this more as an attack on female characters' stats.

It's like on PSO when people would argue hunewearls versus humars, fonewearls versus fonewmans, racasts versus racaseals. The list goes on and on but to make a valid argument, there definitely has to be a good consideration of how to word it so it comes out as an actual debate and not an outright attack/flame/argument.

It was supposed to be satirical. Unfortunately it seems to have backfired.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 14, 2007, 01:40 AM
haha i forgot in my little tyraid to put on what my next project is. Once i am done messing with my PT I am switching to a Male Beast Fortetecher. If thats not oxymoronical i dont know what is.

Tra
Apr 14, 2007, 02:00 AM
Women have no such thing called Leonidas. Therefore they fail.

.......................................... ....._-~"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
............................................ .~"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-,
.........................................,-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
........................................XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
......................................XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...................................../XXXXXX : : :::::::::::::::::::::::::::XX|
..................................---.XXXXXXX,': : ::::::::::::::::::::::::::XX
................................/,~-,"XXXX : : :: :-~~~-----_:::::::::::::::|_
......................;;.......|.|: ::XXXX :: ,-': :-~~~---_: : : :|::,':|:,'
.............................../::XXX : :::,-~~~~--,::,'::|:"::-~~""¯": :|/
...............................: :xX: : : :::,-~"(¯¯):::::',: :::_-,~~,-,::: |
...............................:"~-'XXX: : :::¯¯¯¯¯::,'::::: ::'~-'----'--'::;|
........................._-~""¯:::',XX: : :::::::::::::;;;::::: : "-: :-~': : |
............_-~""¯;;;;;;;;;;;'~,--XXX : ::::::::;;;;;;:::;:::::',: : : :: : ,'
_-~~"¯¯¯;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|XXX::::::::;:::,'::/::::::::::: : : :: : /
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|: ,XXX::::::::::/:"~---,:::: : :): : : : :/
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;| : :xXX::::::::/::::::::¯"""""¯|: : : : /~-,_
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; :: XXXX:::::XXXXXXXXXXX:|: : : /;;;;;;"~-,_
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; "-,: XXXXXXXXX:,-',-~~~---,: :/: : /;;;;;;;;;"~
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;"~-,XXXX::::/:/::::::::// : :xXX;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;"~-
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;:XXXX::|:|_:::::://: :xXX;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;"~-
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;XXXX::|:|: ¯""~// : X;X;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;"~--_
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;XXXXX:',"~----"/ : X/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;XXXX::::¯¯¯¯: XX;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;|
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;,';,~":"XXXXXXXXXX;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;|
:::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;|;’,::::::::::XXX|XXXXXX;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;|:::"-,::::::|:XXXXXX;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|

...............................XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
................XXXXXXXXX...............
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX........XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX........XXXXX.........XXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.........XXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...............XXXXXX.........XXXXXX
................XXXXXX.......XXXXXX.
.................XXXXXX.....XXXXXX..
...................XXXXXXXXXXXXX....
.......................XXXXXXXX............

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.........
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX......
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...............XXXXXXX...........XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX......
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX........

.............XXXXXXXX...........XXXXXXX
...........XXXXXXXXX...........XXXXXXX
.........XXXXXXXXXX.........XXXXXXXX
.......XXXXXXXXXXX.......XXXXXXXX.
.....XXXX......XXXXXX....XXXXXXX...
...XXXX...........XXXXXXXXXXX.........
.XXXX.................XXX.......................
XXXX.............................................. ..

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXX......XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXX......XXXXXXXXX

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tra on 2007-04-14 00:00 ]</font>

Raysa
Apr 14, 2007, 02:04 AM
win

Tra
Apr 14, 2007, 02:11 AM
On 2007-04-14 00:04, Raysa wrote:
win

mthrfckin WIN

Angelo
Apr 14, 2007, 03:04 AM
Females are still best at teching, buffing, and making me a sandwich. That makes them about 10x valuable than males.

On a serious note. I have a feeling female human Acrotechers and Acrofighters are going to kick some major ass

Traize
Apr 14, 2007, 06:13 AM
I got to level 56 with a Human Male Fortegunner & he is boring as a very boring thing reading emo poetry.

I just started a Cast Female & she is loads of fun, not only that, but all the teenagers will fall over themselves to help you out.

Mystil
Apr 14, 2007, 07:24 AM
On 2007-04-13 16:34, TorterraEndor wrote:
wtf made me think they had less? >_> Well, its unimportant, DFP is pretty useless too.

Say what...? Sure if you're anything but a fighgunner and a fortefighter..

radical_ryan
Apr 14, 2007, 01:11 PM
errrrrrrrr go humans???

Mikaga
Apr 14, 2007, 01:16 PM

Everyone.

You all suck.
Indeed, they did.

TorterraEndor is using a new topic to "laugh at" the whole CAST supremacy thing going on.

Which is interesting because he himself fails to note the differences.

The CAST/Human Debate:

If a stat is useful for a non-techer, Casts are better at it or worse by so little that it is irrelevant:

• TP is useless to a non-Fortetecher as things stand. Wartechers are the vast majority of the time better off scrapping and Guntechers have a 44% TP modifier and Lv.10 Resta which makes it one of the lowest of their priorities.

• MST is seriously not worth as much as HP for any type not called Fortetecher (actually, even including Fortetecher if the enemy techs are strong enough). It can only compensate for racial HP differences if the enemy technics are excessively WEAK, to the point where you're not under threat anyway.

The Male / Female Debate:

...is actually a completely different point to CAST/Human, because unlike Humans, Males (or Females if you're TorterraEndor, see my side of the argument below) actually do have advantages over Females (or Males).

• Males get ATP, ATA and HP.
• Females get DFP, MST, TP, EVP and STA. They also get an extra attack in their twin claw animation, and typically better attack animations in terms of hitting enemies. Finally, they get a ton of gender-exclusive weapons.

To address TorterraEndor's arguments separately:

• DFP is not "useless" the same way MST is. The races/types that have high DFP typically also have high HP so there is no "HP is more useful than MST" argument in DFP's case. In addition, DFP is necessary to equip line shields which there is no MST equivalent of.

• The MST difference for females is of course not enough to compensate for HP loss. Even in the case of Newman Fortetecher (highest MST, lowest HP), females have about 50 more at level 80 (which cuts damage by 10 more) yet lose about 37 HP. However, this difference is not as important as with the CAST/Newman comparison because females typically only lose out about 50 HP on their male counterparts as opposed to about 550 when comparing a CAST to a Newman. The higher HP (male) still wins, but the difference is far less. This puts a greater emphasis on the cases where MST is enough to reduce damage to 0. Again with the Newman FT example, any Newman Male player knows how much it hurts to get frozen by taking 3 damage from an Olgohmon, fully knowing that if they were female they'd have taken 0.

• I fully agree that TP is quite useless a difference for most types, but it needs to be noted that Newmans' only truly viable type is Fortetecher, and because of this, Female Newmans outnumber Male Newmans by about 8 to 1. Simaltaneously, Male Newmans (whose Newman-ness makes them a rubbish fighter) still aren't the best Fortetechers because Females of the species completely show them up, and this is explanation enough for Male Newmans being the absolutely least-used combination in all versions of Phantasy Star Universe.

• The EVP thing is a bit of a problem for all females in fighter types, especially considering that even if they don't dodge an attack they'd take a little more damage proportionally than males. It'd probably be better to chalk this one up in favour of the males, meaning each gender gets 4 stats each (Male: HP/ATP/ATA/lowEVP, Female: TP/EVP/DFP/STA).

• Finally we have STA, which - it has to be said here and now - is not useless. Not by a long shot. Males get 10 base and 12 as Fighgunner/Guntecher/Fortegunner. Females get 12 base, 14 as Fighgunner/Guntecher and 15 as Fortegunner (because it has a 25% modifier and for females that rounds up!). Months of experience has told me that my death-to-megid rate is about 40% with 10 points of STA, which falls to about 25% with 12. I've seen characters with 17 STA (Female Fortegunner, Mega / Stamina) sit in FPS mode and take dozens of Megids straght without batting an eyelid, a feat players with less STA weep about.

...and following on from this immediately are the other female-favouring points...

• Then there's the better attack animations, in particular long sword who's first attack in the Male combo is vertical and only hits enemies directly in front of you. Also, the Twin Claw combination for Male is 1-1-3 as opposed to the 1-2-3 of Female. There's nothing to compensate for this difference.

• Finally we have all the exclusive female weapons, including but not limited to the Kohibumiteri (the vanlentine's bow) and the Magical Wand (a 9* wand that's yet to be released). I think there are about half a dozen of these weapons known about (as opposed to 1 for a male, which is a Fortefighter-only long sword) and while that's not particularly numerous, these weapons are apparently incredible (for example, the Kohibumiteri has over 100 more ATA than the next-closest Hanmateric or ~150 more than an Ulteri which is the only bow to - slightly - beat it for ATP.)

Because of all this, I actually believe females to be the preferable gender, even in fighter-based roles. Their lacking HP is scarecely a problem and their ATP/ATA deficiency is - in my view - not enough to compensate for even the additional STA.

However, males do have their advantages and to this end the entire debate is separate from the CAST/Human non-techer debate on the grounds that Humans do not.

Nailuj
Apr 14, 2007, 06:23 PM
On 2007-04-13 23:21, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-04-13 23:03, Nailuj wrote:

Everyone.

You all suck.

It was supposed to be satirical. Unfortunately it seems to have backfired.

Ah ok, my fault for the faulty interpretation. I should've looked at the previous posts he was making fun of in order to understand this.