PDA

View Full Version : Best way to make a Huney?

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 14, 2007, 11:08 AM
lol AoI

I want a character as close as possible to the HUnewearls from the good old PSO GC-BB days, meaning good melee while stile casting spells

I'm waiting 'till the expansion for the new PA caps and clothes

So what Job do you think would give a Female Newman the closest resembelance to the original HUneys? Wartecher?

Rashiid
Apr 14, 2007, 11:14 AM
Hunter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PJ
Apr 14, 2007, 11:16 AM
Wartecher. Considering that'll be your ONLY option for melee and techs, aside from Acrotecher.

Yuudai_Riisu
Apr 14, 2007, 11:41 AM
The word Huney sounds wield or wimpish or F@gish

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 14, 2007, 11:45 AM
It's lazyish tyvm

Let's try not to troll, yeah?
Stay on topic? Hm?
You know, ahhh, make some, ehhh, posts that have to do with the topic starter?

Thaaaanks.

Edit: Yeah I guess my only choice IS Wartecher, thanks
Edit2: Choice, not chance ><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-04-14 09:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-04-14 09:49 ]</font>

Sekani
Apr 14, 2007, 11:50 AM
Even after the expansion wartecher will likely be as close as you can get.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 14, 2007, 11:54 AM
How badly do you have to miss PSO to make a PSO-like character as close as you possible can? *dissaprove*

majan
Apr 14, 2007, 11:57 AM
On 2007-04-14 09:54, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:
How badly do you have to miss PSO to make a PSO-like character as close as you possible can? *dissaprove*

.....you were the one asking how to make a hunewearl

anyway,yeah,wartecher,especially cus they get good wands,come the expansion.only thing is,a newearl,even as a wartecher,wont have great melee damage,but if that is what you so wish,then wartechers your only shot.acrotecher may work for you too but I havent heard or seen enough about it to judge it.

Neith
Apr 14, 2007, 12:21 PM
WT isn't like HUney, ive tried it on multiple races. Beast WT lacks the TP to be like one, and Newman lacks the ATP. You can't make a similar character to the feel of playing a HUney anyway, because of PSU's techlinking system.

I'd kill to be able to cast S/D with my sword equipped. I think once expansion is released, WT or AT would be the nearest, but there's nothing really like one.

Trust me, I've tried.

@Yuudai: Do I have to kill you with fire for insulting HUneys? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-04-14 10:22 ]</font>

Randomness
Apr 14, 2007, 12:22 PM
On 2007-04-14 09:57, majan wrote:

anyway,yeah,wartecher,especially cus they get good wands,come the expansion.only thing is,a newearl,even as a wartecher,wont have great melee damage,but if that is what you so wish,then wartechers your only shot.acrotecher may work for you too but I havent heard or seen enough about it to judge it.

Human Wartecher probably gets as close as you can to HUnewearl stats and abilities.

Zelendria_Ru
Apr 14, 2007, 12:23 PM

Meaning: He disapproves of PSU's lack of a Hunewearl "class"...(even though that's a race+class but whatever) ???

Truth be told (coming from a ex-huney) is that Wartechers are SAD. Sorry if people don't like to hear it, but omg, they are NOWHERE NEAR as cool as in PSO since...they can't even use large swords! Not to mention, to heal you have to SWITCH WEAPONS?

Its broken >.>

ThEoRy
Apr 14, 2007, 12:38 PM
On 2007-04-14 10:22, Randomness wrote[/b]:

[/quote]

Human Wartecher probably gets as close as you can to HUnewearl stats and abilities.

[/quote]
{nerd mode on)Wouldn't that be a HUmarl then...?(off) interesting. I like those combinations. Like a RAnewm. I used to think about these different combinations back on the dreamcast. Never thought I'd see a FOcast though.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 14, 2007, 12:50 PM
On 2007-04-14 09:57, majan wrote:

cheap pun at myself, lol

Also friend of mine says
"human
female
wartecher"

What about beast? Would the combination create decent ATP? Then theres the extry sh***y techs though, which Huneys were fairly decent at i think *is not a veteran HUnewearl user*

TorterraEndor
Apr 14, 2007, 12:52 PM
Beast WT would make the "best" HUne. Mild support with more melee focused attacks. HUnewearls weren't known for their attack technique skills.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 14, 2007, 12:55 PM
Might go with that then, might as well have decent of one and "meh" of other than "meh" of both

AweOfShe
Apr 14, 2007, 01:10 PM
Just keep in mind that Wartechers were meant to be more of a defensive class, if anything. You know, like a Paladin.

Anyone choosing it, and EXPECTING to do massive damage are better off just cutting themselves. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Neith
Apr 14, 2007, 01:16 PM
On 2007-04-14 10:52, TorterraEndor wrote:
Beast WT would make the "best" HUne. Mild support with more melee focused attacks. HUnewearls weren't known for their attack technique skills.

No, but they were known for good Resta/support, which a Beast WT does not have.

Beast WT Resta is poor, that's why they're not like a HUnewearl to me. Nothing in PSU is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-04-14 11:17 ]</font>

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 14, 2007, 02:23 PM
Well of course we cant get a perfect WT clone they way things are, so I'm ok with a few sacrifices/extras

un-massive damage is fine, I play FG/Human AF in the future/Female Human GT so I'm already used to it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zorafim
Apr 14, 2007, 04:34 PM
I don't understand why there isn't a HUnewearl type class. It's an RPG staple, a job that can melee and cast well. Final Fantasy had it, Dragon Warrior had it, most RPGs today seem to demand it. Even the Phantasy Star series consisted of characters that specialized in melee and could still cast a variety of spells.

Though then again, I am being harsh. After all, Guntecher (post expansion) is an almost perfect melee/spell mix, except that it can't melee.

Mikaga
Apr 14, 2007, 04:51 PM
Wartecher ought to fit the role best in AoI. Barring the whole "attack techs are garbage, Lv.20 support isn't all that" thing.

The other half of the coin is Acrotecher which cuts attack potential (though with deliberately sped-up twin daggers and melee's naturally faster DPS, it might still be better at scrapping than nuking) for the benefit of high-level support technics.

In PSUv1 there really isn't a replication of the "HUnewearl" that doesn't suck. But in AoI you could probably be of some use as FBe FCa Acrotecher or (any female) Wartecher.

Neith
Apr 14, 2007, 04:56 PM
Acrotecher looks promising, the only thing you have to remember is that their melee weapon selection is very limited, virtually no 2-handed melee weapons are usable, so bear that in mind.

Zorafim
Apr 14, 2007, 05:13 PM
I don't understand Acrotecher. Most of its Sranks are in melee weapons, yet it has terrible melee skill. I don't think it has very good melee stats, either. Kind of a shame too, seeing how Mags are meant to be used with single melee weapons.

Neith
Apr 14, 2007, 05:18 PM
A lot of people seem to think Acrotecher will end up getting rebalanced, it's PA allocations don't seem to fit the class at all.

Zorafim
Apr 14, 2007, 05:22 PM
I really hope it does. I may end up playing it if I can melee and cast, even.

Soukosa
Apr 14, 2007, 05:58 PM
You'll never find any of the PSO classes dead on perfect in PSU since the games were designed differently. There's also never gonna be a strong melee character with strong support techs, that would be broken beyond belief (good thing ST realize that unlike many other game makers...). If you really want something close to a HUnewearl, the closest you will ever get is WT, the melee techer class.

On the subject of ATs, they aren't broken! Neither are they meant for strong melee combat. How many times do I have to say that ATs are designed to use both melee and techs simultanously in combat? Why do you think they have both S rank melee weapons and S rank madoogs? No, it's not so you can spam Resta without changing weapons. Their lower melee stats just helps to focus in this aspect and to keep people from trying to make an over powered HUnewearl type character. Unlike most people here, I actually have experience with the class. I've been messing around with the class since the AoI beta first went up and have at times spent all day playing it. So I do know what I'm talking about when I speak of it.

And anyone that wants to use that class to melee on a beast or cast, go shoot yourself right now. Especially you Mr. I Hate EVP, because the class will probably end up with the 2nd highest EVP in the game since you know, that's what the acro classes are built around, fast combat and high EVP.

-Shimarisu-
Apr 14, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-04-14 11:16, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On 2007-04-14 10:52, TorterraEndor wrote:

No, but they were known for good Resta/support, which a Beast WT does not have.

Beast WT Resta is poor, that's why they're not like a HUnewearl to me. Nothing in PSU is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-04-14 11:17 ]</font>

Beast WT resta is 3/4s the potency of newman WT resta, with a grinded or 9* wand ON BOTH.

In fact you can whack it up to 4/5ths with retier and a tech boosting unit. ON BOTH.

Sheer comedy how people only look at base stats.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 14, 2007, 06:56 PM
This topic got more attention than i thought i would...lol

Alisha
Apr 15, 2007, 02:34 AM
Alisha says:
the closest to huney is probally GT
Alisha says:
imo at least
Alisha says:
since 90% used fucking mechguns anyways.....
Alisha says:
even on ep3 people spammed twin psycho guns on sil'fer
Sounomi says:
XD
Alisha says:
even the basic mechguns did X1.5 dmg to low hp things
Alisha says:
this topic is hilarious because....
Alisha says:
NOBODY CASTED OFFESIVE TECHS WITH HUNEWEARLS EXCEPT TO TAG!
Sounomi says:
Exactly.

Ether
Apr 15, 2007, 02:42 AM
Human or Beast female Wartecher post expansion probably is going to be the closest to HUnewearl you can get. Decent atp, decent tp, god awful ata

Raysa
Apr 15, 2007, 02:54 AM
Human + GT = RAmar?

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 15, 2007, 10:13 AM
Maybe if it's RAmarl

I think I'll go with Beast, WT magic isn't exactly something to use often, is it?

Eleina
Apr 15, 2007, 10:16 AM
(just answering the topic question : get PSO -> create a hunewearl lolol)
WT magic is handy in actual fact remember they do get two times a GT's tp and lvl 20 techs(30 in Aol).
But a beast WT works pretty well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-04-15 08:17 ]</font>

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 15, 2007, 10:18 AM
30 you say? :o
I can have my spam and eat it too!

ShinMaruku
Apr 15, 2007, 11:51 AM
The lack of Huneys is like in LOTR, Huneys are like the Lalquendi and the newman's now are like the Quendi in the LOTR they deminished becuase the light (Dreamcast) faded and they don't have that fire anymore.
However Ethan is like Beren and the Early Dunedain more than Arnor and Gondor so ST effed up right there.....

GuardianPoe
Apr 15, 2007, 12:11 PM
I'd have said Wartechers would work, except their weapon selection sucked, in my opinion.

So my neuman gal went fortefighter! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Other than that, Acrotecher's sounding kinda close...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianPoe on 2007-04-15 10:12 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Apr 15, 2007, 12:12 PM
Not too much a fan of swords. But Axes.. DAAAAMMMNN. Even a Vanya frau whups ass with it.