PDA

View Full Version : This game bayonets or something

Tay
Apr 14, 2007, 05:33 PM
Imagine how awesome that be. A gun with a bigass photon bayonet. It'd work like a spear/rifle combo or something. When you run naturally, you could use it like a melee weapon, and when you hold up (I'm on PC) you could shoot it like a rifle. Like the Handgun/saber combo, except all in one weapon.

Spellbinder
Apr 14, 2007, 05:40 PM
I think there's a typo in your title... very confusing o.O

Hath_Wrobo
Apr 14, 2007, 05:43 PM
Well, bayonets will probably be a ranger-only weapon, and having only a small knife distance between a ranger and a group of enemies may cause slight problems.

Randomness
Apr 14, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-04-14 15:43, Hath_Wrobo wrote:
Well, bayonets will probably be a ranger-only weapon, and having only a small knife distance between a ranger and a group of enemies may cause slight problems.

Shotgun, while reloading bayonet, repeat sounds like a fun way to kill things.

Amalga
Apr 15, 2007, 02:26 PM
Well, it would theoretically solve the problem of guns being useless when PP runs out. But it shouldn't be a pronounced melee attack.

ZeroVer01
Apr 15, 2007, 02:40 PM
It could make a "great" box opener >_>

CoSine
Apr 15, 2007, 05:21 PM
why a bayonet when you could just hit the enemy with the butt of the gun?
EDIT: ---oh thats rights....everything in the game needs to be touched by something photon-y
>.>

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 15, 2007, 05:55 PM
We need melee PA's on guns... like a Boma Redda!

I've wanted to break an enemies face open with a grenader sence i started Fortegunner!

CyarVictor
Apr 15, 2007, 06:04 PM

Seriously? Why? We gunners shouldn't be close an enemy unless we're using machine guns or shotties. If we're using a machine gun, we can have an offhanded weapon. Rifles don't even need a bayanet. Why, cause you can't deal with mobs? ....... if you want a melee weapon on your gun, then be a figunner or fF... Fortegunners and Guntechers do not need a melee PA on ranged weapons. If you suggest such an idea, then you may want to reconsider your job class.

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 15, 2007, 06:10 PM
On 2007-04-15 16:04, CyarVictor wrote:

Seriously? Why? We gunners shouldn't be close an enemy unless we're using machine guns or shotties. If we're using a machine gun, we can have an offhanded weapon. Rifles don't even need a bayanet. Why, cause you can't deal with mobs? ....... if you want a melee weapon on your gun, then be a figunner or fF... Fortegunners and Guntechers do not need a melee PA on ranged weapons. If you suggest such an idea, then you may want to reconsider your job class.

Aparantly, you do not know that CAST fortegunners CAN take a beating, so we wanna do that!

Sychosis
Apr 15, 2007, 06:15 PM
On 2007-04-15 16:10, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

Aparantly, you do not know that CAST fortegunners CAN take a beating, so we wanna do that!

Might I suggest Fighgunner?

CyarVictor
Apr 15, 2007, 06:36 PM
On 2007-04-15 16:10, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

Look at my sig. I am a cast fortegunner. but to say they take a beating. Hahaha. You seriously need to do something or change your job. The most I've take in damage from mob type enemy was 100pts. You need to either learn your job, get better armor, or level your bullets. Are you kidding me? A pure ranged class using a melee PA? Be a figunner like Sychosis suggests then.