PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Cards or Bows?

funnymatt
Apr 15, 2007, 12:38 AM
I'm a level 69 Male Newman ForteTecher (job level 10) and right now I'm using 100% technics. Using all technics, however, means Jarbas and some of the bosses are a major pain in the ass (Onmagoug anyone?). I'm thinking of adding either bows or card to my repertoire. What do those of you out ther ethat use them recommend? I was thinking of picking up the ice, light, and fire PAs for either one. I have enough meseta saved up (2 Million+) to get some decent equipment either way. Thanks for your input.

-Matt

Ether
Apr 15, 2007, 12:42 AM
If I had to pick one, I'd go with bows. Cards do slightly more damage per hit, but with SE 4 and burn/infect a bow can be very useful against pain in the ass enemies like sorcerers or jarba

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Apr 15, 2007, 01:14 AM
If you can afford both, get both. They are both amazing! Cards home in on targeted enemies (Red lock), and hit up to 3 times- i see damages around 300 as a low level fT, but high levels like you may see upwards of 600 a shot with an ATP unit and buffs. You can also strafe with them. Bows are good for sniping and SEs, but hard to maneuver with while taking shots (might get a megid to the face with this one). Try em both, if you don't like one, sell it in your shop.

xennec
Apr 15, 2007, 01:30 AM
Cards=regular enemies and easy killing
bows=bosses and appling SE

funnymatt
Apr 15, 2007, 03:58 AM
Thanks for the advice. Since my biggest problems are bosses, and I want to be able to burn/infect/poison/confuse/silence/etc. Jarbas, I think bows will be my choice. For someone with a good deal of excess meseta (I'm on 360), what bow would you recommend that I go with? Which of the bow PAs do you find most useful?

Zarbolord
Apr 15, 2007, 04:17 AM
I say cards for bosses, nothing better than bringing down De Ragan or Onmagoug with cards. Yes they're touched even when flying with cards, it is quite usefull. I say get one of each.

Jonty
Apr 15, 2007, 05:06 AM
Both! They both level pretty easily, and are both very useful. They also look kick ass -_^
Well, from what I remember. Haven't played psu for about a month... Damn broken 360.

jayster
Apr 15, 2007, 12:16 PM
I say Card because it just looks alot cooler and more fun to use IMO. Plus you can equip a wand as well and still be able to heal quickly without having to switch.

majan
Apr 15, 2007, 01:40 PM
if status-effecting jarbas is what you want to do,I think you should use cards on them.simply cus of one reason:you get multiple hits with cards,which translates to more chances to status effect them.bows are sick as a backup weapon or against bosses like onmagoug and etc.cards are really really good and easy to use,against mobs and etc.strafing with them is real easy,and as jayster said you can use a wand with them for added damage,or easy resta.

Criss
Apr 15, 2007, 02:12 PM
I think you should get both weapons. Both are very useful for their own situations. For the bow, I'd suggest Dark and Ice. SE4 Virus is probably the best you can get for DoT, and Ice works well against a bunch of fire-type bosses and stronger enemies. For cards, all elements are good really. I find them to be better suited for dealing raw damage than dealing SEs, so just pick up whatever element is good against what you usually fight.

Nobo
Apr 15, 2007, 02:16 PM
Cards dude. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif three hits = better that 1 plus you get a wand with it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Sekani
Apr 15, 2007, 02:36 PM
On 2007-04-15 01:58, funnymatt wrote:
Thanks for the advice. Since my biggest problems are bosses, and I want to be able to burn/infect/poison/confuse/silence/etc. Jarbas, I think bows will be my choice. For someone with a good deal of excess meseta (I'm on 360), what bow would you recommend that I go with? Which of the bow PAs do you find most useful?

At the moment the best bow in the game is the Alteric, because when grinded it becomes more powerful than anything else available right now.

If grinding's not your thing though, go for the Ulteri.

Best PAs would be ice for damage, and dark for those rare moments where you'd want to try and inflict status on something.

funnymatt
Apr 16, 2007, 12:42 AM
Thanks for all the advice. I'm now the proud owner of an ageha-kikami and a tengoh bow (if I have a bow, it might as well look cool).

DEM_CIG
Apr 16, 2007, 07:49 AM
either or... it only matters on wat u prefer... i like bows better than cards...

Rashiid
Apr 16, 2007, 10:19 AM
id say: Bow w/ Lv 4 Burn or Infect.

then Cards.

i have every card element and ult, and they pwn things.

you can hit anything w/ cards (Headshot de ragan while in are, kool no?)

and use bows for enemies that are tech-resistant, or Jarba's.
id stick w/ Diga for bosses, cauz thats still about 1106 a hit for me, on all of em.

Bows are also good for Go Vahra, since they kill us in 2-3 shots

cheeezitz
Apr 16, 2007, 10:51 AM
On 2007-04-15 11:40, majan wrote:
if status-effecting jarbas is what you want to do,I think you should use cards on them.simply cus of one reason:you get multiple hits with cards,which translates to more chances to status effect them.bows are sick as a backup weapon or against bosses like onmagoug and etc.cards are really really good and easy to use,against mobs and etc.strafing with them is real easy,and as jayster said you can use a wand with them for added damage,or easy resta.

ummm. only lv4 status effects work against jarbas and other "mini bosses" (that would be lv 21 arrow). I have an ulteri...me like a lot.

If you can level your cards past lv 11 they are nice to use, but before then they are kind of a pain. Cards only go to lv 2 status effect at lv 11 and stay at lv 2 past 21.

Use a bow against bosses/mini bosses. Use cards when you are dodging multiple enemies.

My lv. 71 (10) fortetecher with mira-kikami deals around 600 damage per swing (with opposite attributes of course). Dark, Ice, and fire are definitely the best. Lightning if you are a moatoob/robot addict.

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 11:06 AM
Both are good weapons. Cards are great on mobs, especially if you're using a wand to heal the group, but you still want to attack. Even on Jarbas, cards can do 300-500pts per blade. And they ignore the svaltus/rainbow beast bullet shields. Bows are good for long range SE, staying away from megid, taking ariel opponents and they also seem to ignore defense like you can do damage all over de ragon instead of just going for his head. Comes down to preference more than anything. I've seen good techers who don't even use either weapon, except the bow on flying bosses when they go skyward.

MayLee
Apr 16, 2007, 11:10 AM
I would like to say both in a way, Cards are great because you get to weild something with it, like a wand for fast action healing. You can strife and dodge all kinds of things while also attacking but you have to be in a closer range to hit a target.

Bows are great, you get to play Ranger with it and Jarbas become afraid of you with these babies. Stand back in a far far corner and shoot off without getting Dambartaed to death. The downside is that you cannot move intime when something is attacking you. Bt the bow gives you good range.

I say have both.

ThEoRy
Apr 16, 2007, 02:26 PM
both are great, as they both have situational advantages. Go 4 both I say. Dark bullets 4 the bow and cards. Ice bullet or light (both?) 4 the bow as well.