PDA

View Full Version : alt-tabbing causes PSU to disappear?

adamgale
Apr 15, 2007, 02:20 PM
Hi,
I'm new to this forum. Its great to see there are some people that like PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I have the PC version and when I alt-tab out of the game, to paste screenshots into Photoshop, it disappears and basically stops running. Has anyone else had this problem.....if not, are there any keyboard shortcuts to take screenshots that save to disk?
Thanks for your help
Ad

Para
Apr 15, 2007, 02:21 PM
screenshots are saved in the my documents/sega/phantasy star universe/screenshots folder

Dj_SkyEpic
Apr 15, 2007, 02:23 PM
Yea. That is built into the system to try to keep you from using any illegal programs to exploit PSU's faults. Best thing you can do is to play in windows mode and use the PRINT SCREEN key next to your f12 key. It will be stored where Para explained.

Raysa
Apr 15, 2007, 02:30 PM
Oh, so thats why that happened. I thought it was my computer. Lol I deleted PSU off my comp because of that >.<!

Mikaga
Apr 15, 2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah, from what I gather: Back in BB the game was made to be fullscreen-only to keep out "teh haxxors". At some point they apparently added a window mode but forgot to disable the fullscreen protection they used, which seems kinda silly. Either way, it looks like this system has carried through to Universe, which is darned annoying. I would definitely play fullscreen and alt-tab if given the opportunity.

Brockenstein
Apr 15, 2007, 03:32 PM
Fullscreen mode disables alot of Windows Features its normally used to help with computer resources and then against 3RD party programs. Alt-Tabing in alot of games kills the program FFXI is another MMO that uses it. Its not protected like PSU or PSOBB and alot of other newer MMOs. They can now support Windowed Mode which allows you to Alt-Tab and surf the net so you can find out where that uber rare drop is or just so you can change your media play list. Anyway all you have to do is go into options before you start the game and click the box that says Window Mode.

adamgale
Apr 15, 2007, 03:36 PM
well, thanks you guys for the replies...so quick as well! It's like a fountain of knowledge in these parts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. I guess i just got used to the games that have little protection for alt-tabbing etc. Thanks, hopefully now i can post some screenshots on the other posts too!!

....on another point...is FFXI any good? I saw it in GAME for 10 pounds and i might just get it.

Schubalts
Apr 15, 2007, 03:44 PM
The game itself is good. But the community is 90% r-tards, f-tards, and elitists.

Pikku
Apr 15, 2007, 03:49 PM
I always play in windows mode lol.

Mikaga
Apr 15, 2007, 04:06 PM
The trouble with "hax protection" in fullscreen is - why? The game has window mode now!

Granted, BB didn't when it was first released, but then they enabled it. What purpose does fullscreen protection server?

It doesn't. Sega are just too lazy to remove it.