PDA

View Full Version : How hard is Grove of Fanatics S with a Force?

Ludamec
Apr 15, 2007, 02:48 PM
I have a lvl 61/9 Female Newman, and I was hoping to start doing some runs in GoF S in hunting the deghana Board for my GT. My question is how difficult would it be for me possibly..considering inevitable(most likely majority) solo runs..? I have all the best Rods available..sans Halarod& up, but I cant seem to remember what elements the monsters are in there. My gizonde is 21+ as well as my gidiga, diga, and nosdiga( I keep thinking they are mostly lightning and ground, which is why I've only mentioned the respective spells).

What element armor would best suit GoF, as well as what spells, I think I can get a few friends runs to do a couple runs with me now and then, but seeing as how the US community likes to whore the same 1 or 2 missions over, I see myself attempting to solo at best(with PM and random meatbag NPC of course),can someone help me with my questions?

Dj_SkyEpic
Apr 15, 2007, 02:51 PM
It is definitely easier with Forces. All you need are mainly Gizonde, Razonde, Diga ( for boss and neutral mobs ) and a bow.

You can use:
High % Earth Armor
Alternative is to use light armor for boss.

The mobs there are mainly Earth based, Neutral based, and the only light base is Degahna himself.

So save Diga or a dark technic for him in the end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-04-15 12:55 ]</font>

Ludamec
Apr 15, 2007, 02:54 PM
Ah so doing solo runs is indeed feasible then? Hmmmm..on average how long would you say a run should take? I'm sure once I start getting the maps down, I can cut the time considerably down..but I'm kinda worried bout the boss too, heh

Midicronica
Apr 15, 2007, 02:54 PM
More like a high % fire armor for those annoying ass robots. >_>

A2K
Apr 15, 2007, 02:55 PM
The elements of the enemies you face in the mission will be neutral, ground, and Adahna Degahna itself is light. Contrary to your thoughts, there are none of lightning element to be found there.

Dj_SkyEpic
Apr 15, 2007, 02:56 PM
I would say... soloing at your level can be a tedious 30-40 minutes. Bring friends.

You can cut the time down by so much if your party is mainly built of Forces with Lightening techs and a capped Diga XD.

Since for some reason Diga does better damage against some other technic like the darks. You can experiment with the technics used against Adahna to see which is suitable I suppose.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-04-15 13:02 ]</font>

Ludamec
Apr 15, 2007, 02:57 PM
Oh when I said lightning element A2k, I pretty much meant that they were weak against Lightning element, guess I shudda clarified that more...but more ground means more gizonde spam, doesnt seem too bad I guess..

Rashiid
Apr 15, 2007, 03:12 PM
were hunting that now too (Me, Ryno, Abby, and 2 others)

4 fortetechers, 1 wartech, and fortefighter

we blaze thro, cauz Killer shot from the fG is killen em

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-04-15 13:16 ]</font>

Sychosis
Apr 15, 2007, 03:14 PM
On 2007-04-15 13:12, Rashiid wrote:
were hunting that now too (Me, Ryno, Abby, and 3 others)

How did you manage to get 7 people in your party?

Jey
Apr 15, 2007, 03:16 PM
On 2007-04-15 12:54, Shadow_Moses wrote:
More like a high % fire armor for those annoying ass robots. >_>

Naw. Robot explosion damage, despite having Burn effect, is the same elemental type as the robot itself.

So if you have good Earth armor, (and mebbe fire/ice if you feel like it for the newmans) you're set.

Use a bow or better, cards for those annoying (especially the females) strafing newmans.

A2K
Apr 15, 2007, 03:17 PM
On 2007-04-15 13:16, Jey wrote:
Naw. Robot explosion damage, despite having Burn effect, is the same elemental type as the robot itself.

So if you have good Earth armor, (and mebbe fire/ice if you feel like it for the newmans) you're set.

Use a bow or better, cards for those annoying (especially the females) strafing newmans.

I believe he was referring to when the blue robots and (female? or was it male?) armed servants also cast Foie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-04-15 13:18 ]</font>

Niered
Apr 15, 2007, 03:17 PM
Its nice to bring a ranger with a mid-high level killer shot as well. Oftentimes the enemies drop dead from incapacitate long before there health is depleted.

Rashiid
Apr 15, 2007, 03:21 PM
On 2007-04-15 13:14, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-04-15 13:12, Rashiid wrote:
were hunting that now too (Me, Ryno, Abby, and 3 others)

How did you manage to get 7 people in your party?

shhh!! (we hav a Shadoog)

A2K
Apr 15, 2007, 03:24 PM
On 2007-04-15 13:21, Rashiid wrote:

Sorry, even if those were in the game now, Shadoogs still wouldn't count as people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Apr 15, 2007, 03:25 PM
On 2007-04-15 13:24, A2K wrote:

On 2007-04-15 13:21, Rashiid wrote:

Sorry, even if those were in the game now, Shadoogs still wouldn't count as people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

well I dont control em, so its an NPC to us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Umberger
Apr 15, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-04-15 12:56, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

Since for some reason Diga does better damage against some other technic like the darks. You can experiment with the technics used against Adahna to see which is suitable I suppose.

I would say Diga would be best to use on Adahna simply because none of the dark technics are practical against it. Ramegid, Nosmegid, and Megid all won't cause enough damage to make their PP costs useful against him (also, standing still for Nosmegid could be bad), Dammegid and/or Megiverse could be useful provided you are in the "safe spot"...but if you're in a large party, that might not be possible.

Anyway, if you can't get a Ranger type with Killer Shot, Megid can work pretty well against the robots...but usually Gizonde is a better choice. I say if you're soloing, don't go for the Megid kills...but if you're in a party, it's a bit more helpful to bring along someone with Killer Shot/Megid just to speed things up a little bit.

Rashiid
Apr 15, 2007, 03:42 PM
Dammegid is good against em.

Diga is really good too. i hit em 1k per hit

Tra
Apr 15, 2007, 04:33 PM
razonde, 1100 per hit

Midicronica
Apr 15, 2007, 05:02 PM
On 2007-04-15 13:17, A2K wrote:

On 2007-04-15 13:16, Jey wrote:

I believe he was referring to when the blue robots and (female? or was it male?) armed servants also cast Foie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-04-15 13:18 ]</font>

Yeah, that's what I referring to. This thread made me want to Grove S, so I'm duoing it at the moment with Rajin. I need to lvl Killer Shot anyway. Only lvl 4. >>;

Jey
Apr 15, 2007, 05:46 PM
Oh, gotcha. The "Foie" from the blue robots is also earth-element I'm pretty sure? I'll have to go solo that again... (after I give up on HPC... nothing but gra-photons and meseta so far on lv3 luck, gg)

Ludamec
Apr 15, 2007, 07:07 PM
Alright sounds like I'm set to go then, my diga has been 30 for a while, so I think I may have the boss down, armor isn't much of a problem. I have a few needed ones 25%+ not includin the mega rainbow. This will be my next goal after my me quick drops then, woot.

amtalx
Apr 16, 2007, 10:07 AM
Bring rangers with Killer Shot. Lots of them. I'd be happy to help if you're on 360.

Shiryuu
Apr 16, 2007, 10:29 AM
Why not do Forest Infiltration? You can actually skip monsters there, and you have safe spots to throw diga from. It's also much faster, only 2 blocks.

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 10:31 AM
I think they want to get the S rank on the mission and not skip monsters. That's exp for techs/bullet/skill PAs

Ludamec
Apr 16, 2007, 12:39 PM
Does the cannon actually drop from forest infiltration? I dun care bout exp nor mission points. I was able to do many Peril Runs on A in 15 mins or so skippin spawns, I do wut I can to pass thas it, the quick dropped after 3 runs yesterday too actually http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Now all I need is luck like that wit the cannon. So does it really drop from Deghanna in FI? I dun remember wut lvl the monsters are there to warrant the boss eligible to drop it.

Shiryuu
Apr 16, 2007, 12:46 PM
FI S2 drops it. Monsters are 85 and Degahna is 90.

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 12:48 PM
Sweet, I can run FI S2 faster than GoF as a fG. I wondered the same thing with the Degahna Cannon.

A2K
Apr 16, 2007, 12:52 PM
On 2007-04-15 15:46, Jey wrote:
Oh, gotcha. The "Foie" from the blue robots is also earth-element I'm pretty sure? I'll have to go solo that again... (after I give up on HPC... nothing but gra-photons and meseta so far on lv3 luck, gg)

No, it's fire. An enemy's element matches its physical attacks, but when it comes to TECHNICs, what you see is what you get. As another example, Jarba's Megid and Dambarta is still dark and ice respectively, despite it being fire-elemental. Its punch attack still counts as fire, though. There are probably some isolated exceptions, but this isn't one of them.

ThEoRy
Apr 16, 2007, 02:21 PM
Ive solod groves as a force but that was months ago. Im sure its much easier now, but back then it was very time consuming. the damn neutral newmans there constantly resta each other making it extremely annoying. But as I said, that was pre nosdiga so....

JAFO22000
Apr 16, 2007, 02:39 PM
Tee hee! I'm surprised none of these "great" forces know that Nosdiga is the best against Adanha...you can lock in to his backside and spam it as he's turning around to try and find you....

eightball
Apr 16, 2007, 03:14 PM
what level do you have to be to do that on s??

Ludamec
Apr 16, 2007, 03:20 PM
Must be at least 50 I believe Eight.