PDA

View Full Version : De Ragan fetish?

Kion
Apr 15, 2007, 06:25 PM
I've been on moatoob the last couple of days to play tunnel recapture s2 just to find the lobby completely abandonned. Wondering where everyone was, I stopped by neudaiz, the gardians colony and Gawik's pub to see if i could find anyone... reluctantly I went to parum to to find everyone spamming crimson beast. Not only that, but i peaked at the counter to see that everyone in the s2 missions had maxed out class levels.
Since most people do crimson beast for the sheer mp, and that alot of people have maxed out their class, this has lead me to believe that the PSU community has contracted some sort of dragon fetish and they continue to spam the mission just to get a view of his hind quarters... (sick)
So is there an explanation for this fetish which causes people to stick to one mission and ignore other missions like the hive or tunnel recapture, or from even going to neudaiz(heaven forbid)?

And by the way tunnel recature gives 168 mp and alot more exp than crimson.

Ryoten
Apr 15, 2007, 06:32 PM
My guess is that everyone like the challege. When the Sealab got its first S2 mission, everyone was there. Its only a matter of time before everyone gets bored & find a new spot.

NPCMook
Apr 15, 2007, 06:33 PM
Because Tunnel Recapture takes to long? This game is about running the same mission over and over as fast as you possibly can...

Turambar
Apr 15, 2007, 06:35 PM
In the case of Maxed out gunners, its understandable to a degree, what with the possibilities of both Solid / Power S and Giga / Bullet PP Save arm units.

Umberger
Apr 15, 2007, 06:47 PM
On 2007-04-15 16:32, Ryoten wrote:
My guess is that everyone like the challege. When the Sealab got its first S2 mission, everyone was there. Its only a matter of time before everyone gets bored & find a new spot.

People flocked to Lab Recovery S2 because it was faster than Bruce, allowed deaths, gave a better reward (2 PA Fragments/~15 minutes), and had some of the highest level creatures at the time. You can't deny it is/was one of the "best" missions.

After Crimson Beast came out, people realized that they didn't need to restart over and over before getting a certain map, and that it yielded about the same reward as Lab Recovery. It's just natural in an MMORPG to go to the place with an optimal balance between time and experience (and in the case of this game, PA Fragments + mission points).

NPCMook
Apr 15, 2007, 06:48 PM
And now that the Bees got wtf nerfed you don't even have to keep restarting the map

Sekani
Apr 15, 2007, 06:55 PM
People don't run the S2 missions for MP or even EXP usually. They do it for money. In order to maximize profit, you have to pick the mission(s) with the highest reward for the least effort in terms of consumables used, like scapes, mates, photon charges, etc.

As an example, Desert Goliath and Seed Awakening, while fun, are "expensive" missions. Crimson Beast and Lab Recovery are not.

End result? Ninety percent of the population at any given time can be found spamming those two missions over and over again so they can afford that next uber weapon or armor or whatever. The other ten percent are probably just hunting some rare drop.

Never before in the short history of the game has it been more difficult to break away from the crowd, and it saddens me to be honest.

Kion
Apr 15, 2007, 07:08 PM
@Sekani

People do easy missions over and over again for the profit. Every mission has been hard at first, but once you learn the map and get used to the enemies the time and costs could be cut down considderably, if enough people would gather there.

As for affording the next uber weapon or what ever. The next uber weapons are the ones that can't be found where they're spamming or they'd have it already. If more people would just spam the missions with the weapons, there'd be alot more in circulation. Doing the same mission over and over again for a measily 20k seems rediculous to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-04-15 17:09 ]</font>

Ryoten
Apr 15, 2007, 07:13 PM
On 2007-04-15 16:47, Umberger wrote:

People flocked to Lab Recovery S2 because it was faster than Bruce, allowed deaths, gave a better reward (2 PA Fragments/~15 minutes), and had some of the highest level creatures at the time. You can't deny it is/was one of the "best" missions.

After Crimson Beast came out, people realized that they didn't need to restart over and over before getting a certain map, and that it yielded about the same reward as Lab Recovery. It's just natural in an MMORPG to go to the place with an optimal balance between time and experience (and in the case of this game, PA Fragments + mission points).

Yeah, you're right about that. Forgot how many times we had to restart because of those F-ing bees. It was time consuming & Crimson Beast does give out great rewards.

Disasteroid
Apr 15, 2007, 07:24 PM
Christ, someone needs to lock the gates to parum so I can finally get a moatoob group. I feel like I'm running through Forest 1 and 2 over and over and over. How could that possibly be fun? (It's not, by the way.)

Randomness
Apr 15, 2007, 07:30 PM
On 2007-04-15 17:24, Disasteroid wrote:
Christ, someone needs to lock the gates to parum so I can finally get a moatoob group. I feel like I'm running through Forest 1 and 2 over and over and over. How could that possibly be fun? (It's not, by the way.)

I know, can't stand more than a few runs.

Zorafim
Apr 15, 2007, 07:40 PM
Hopefully that thing that allows for instant teleportation to any field lobby in Gurhal will allow for more spread out groups. The reason why I myself am spamming Crimson Beast is because that's the easiest place to find a party. Nobody is found anywhere else, so I can't party there. And I can't solo, due to this game needing six people to take down a decent map.

We need a lobby that shows where all the parties are, so that you can join that random group out in the middle of nowhere if you don't feel like spamming the newest hotspot twenty times for your level.

Neith
Apr 15, 2007, 08:12 PM
Crimson Beast S2= Easy as hell, loads of money, loads of MP.

Moatoob Missions= Slightly challenging, crappy money, crappy MP.

People go where easy rewards are. It's why Desert Goliath/Seed Awakened aren't terribly popular.

A2K
Apr 15, 2007, 08:20 PM
On 2007-04-15 16:55, Sekani wrote:
Never before in the short history of the game has it been more difficult to break away from the crowd, and it saddens me to be honest.

I wouldn't say "never," myself... if anything, it's always been like that. Before Crimson Beast and Lab Recovery S2, it was Eastern Peril S. And before that, there was Bruce's Dungeon B and Mizuraki Defense S. Before that, Plains Overlord A.

On 2007-04-15 17:40, Zorafim wrote:
We need a lobby that shows where all the parties are, so that you can join that random group out in the middle of nowhere if you don't feel like spamming the newest hotspot twenty times for your level.

A central listing (perhaps accessible from the Guardians branches) would go a long way towards this, I think, but I think people should still have to transport to the departure lobby first to actually join.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-04-15 18:26 ]</font>

Soukosa
Apr 15, 2007, 08:29 PM
On 2007-04-15 18:12, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Crimson Beast S2= Easy as hell, loads of money, loads of MP.

Moatoob Missions= Slightly challenging, crappy money, crappy MP.

People go where easy rewards are. It's why Desert Goliath/Seed Awakened aren't terribly popular.

DG and SA also have S rank drops which everyone then whines about the complete lack of >.> Moatoob also tends to have better overall experience (yes, MP and meseta doesn't make your character level up).

Seriously though, screw the reward. What's the point of doing the same thing over and over again, day in and day out? Might as well just go get a full time job and get a reward that will actually do something for you if that's what you like.

Neith
Apr 15, 2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I find it funny that people complain about the lack of S-Rank items, but won't *gasp* risk losing a little cash doing DG or SA, when it's been known for ages that Ank Dedda and Blackbull can drop there.

It's like everyone wants all the S-Ranks in Linear Line, or Mad Creatures. You know, something that's soloable. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

It'd be good if people gave Moatoob a chance (I admit I'm not a fan of TR/VoC, but I still do it). I've done a Moatoob marathon tonight (VoC, MD, SD, DT, DG, TR and RS), and found it pretty fun. Tero / Legs dropped in the RS run too, makes me wonder why it isn't more popular.

Everyone just seems to be at Raffon Lakeshore and Guardian Colony (would be ok if they were doing HIVE, but it's all LL games)

Umberger
Apr 15, 2007, 08:49 PM
I'm more surprised that people don't run Demons Above S. Not because of the reward, but the boss box drops...I mean, you could make a pretty fair sum of money if you found any of them ([B] Halarod, Har/Quick, Sori/Force, Onmagoug Auge). It's also a very "doable" mission...Mizuraki Defense takes ~3 minutes on C if you're soloing, and now that there's so many ways to inflict burn/infect, Tengohgs are a joke.

PJ
Apr 15, 2007, 08:54 PM
On 2007-04-15 18:41, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Yeah, I find it funny that people complain about the lack of S-Rank items, but won't *gasp* risk losing a little cash doing DG or SA, when it's been known for ages that Ank Dedda and Blackbull can drop there.

Reminds me of my rant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I run random missions for fun and whatnot, so I do play Crimson Beast, but definately NOT obsessively like some people. If I wanted to play a mission obsessively AND for fun, it'd be De Ragnus; that's still my favourite mission.

Ffuzzy-Logik
On 2007-04-15 18:49, Umberger wrote:
I'm more surprised that people don't run Demons Above S. Not because of the reward, but the boss box drops...I mean, you could make a pretty fair sum of money if you found any of them ([B] Halarod, Har/Quick, Sori/Force, Onmagoug Auge). It's also a very "doable" mission...Mizuraki Defense takes ~3 minutes on C if you're soloing, and now that there's so many ways to inflict burn/infect, Tengohgs are a joke.

True, but most would rather wait 2 weeks and do Easter Peril S2, which is probably faster, has better rewards, and has the same drops.

Omega_Weltall
Its Phantasy Star DeRagon not Phantasy Star Universe (as in Cosmos)

Universe means DeRagan in um... some language

Omega_Weltall
Apr 15, 2007, 09:02 PM
i have yet to do the DeRagonus with my main...

Niered
Apr 15, 2007, 09:14 PM
Lets get something straight, hunters decided where the rest of us go.

Hunters dont like robots because of there high DFP and HP. So we cant do GoF, the train mission, Endrum remnants, or Desert Goliath.

Hunters dont like flying enemies and worms, so we cant do any missions on moatoob not previously mentioned.

Hunters dont like any bosses that arent De Ragan reskins. So that cuts out everything not already stated.

End note? Forces and Rangers need to stop tagging on the heels of Hunters and realize theres more areas then those on Parum. We still need tanks obviously, but not 4-5 hunters and one force/ranger.

Will that happen? Probably not. Oh well, I have a big enough freinds list that it doesnt bother me much.

Sychosis
Apr 15, 2007, 09:16 PM
On 2007-04-15 19:14, Niered wrote:

Hunters dont like robots because of there high DFP and HP. So we cant do GoF, the train mission, Endrum remnants, or Desert Goliath.

Hunters dont like flying enemies and worms, so we cant do any missions on moatoob not previously mentioned.

Hunters dont like any bosses that arent De Ragan reskins. So that cuts out everything not already stated.

End note? Forces and Rangers need to stop tagging on the heels of Hunters and realize theres more areas then those on Parum. We still need tanks obviously, but not 4-5 hunters and one force/ranger.

Will that happen? Probably not. Oh well, I have a big enough freinds list that it doesnt bother me much.

Truth.

Omega_Weltall
Apr 15, 2007, 09:21 PM
Seconded.

PJ
Apr 15, 2007, 09:25 PM
*blither blah*

I lol'd

Helly
Apr 15, 2007, 10:13 PM
Why doesn't Sega step in like they did last time and "rebalance" Crimson Beasts rewards? It worked for the most part back the early days of the game when they nerfed Plains Overlords rewards.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 15, 2007, 10:18 PM
At the time Plains Overlard got nerf'd it was still the only mission being played by the JP players at large, so that's why (I think).

JP players probably do not currently do much Crimson Beast S2 since no good rares drop there compared to what they can get in other S2 missions.

Sekani
Apr 15, 2007, 10:27 PM
A2K: It's true that people have always flocked to the hot mission, but back when Plains Overlord was the hot spot, you could still easily find a group willing to go elsewhere just for the hell of it. Lab Recovery S2 ended that for good, since NO ONE will pass up a mission with a reward of 18k.

Niered: Amusing, but overgeneralizing just a little. If the payoff is big enough any class will flock to any mission, as Mizuraki Defense S sort of proved. I bet the same people who whine about worms and flying mobs on Moatoob now had no qualms with them back then. Besides, I don't think anyone likes robots unless they're leveing killer shot or megid.

McLaughlin
Apr 15, 2007, 10:29 PM

You...
What the...

*Thinks of a way to phrase his post without getting warned*

So we're back to the "the Hunters did it!!" crap again? Give me a break. Not only do we Ninja-loot, but evidently now we also control where we do it.

Jesus Christ. Some people just...

Ugh.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 15, 2007, 10:30 PM
On 2007-04-15 20:27, Sekani wrote:
A2K: It's true that people have always flocked to the hot mission, but back when Plains Overlord was the hot spot, you could still easily find a group willing to go elsewhere just for the hell of it.The population was also at least 10-15 times larger back then, mind.

Sekani
Apr 15, 2007, 10:36 PM
On 2007-04-15 20:30, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-04-15 20:27, Sekani wrote:
A2K: It's true that people have always flocked to the hot mission, but back when Plains Overlord was the hot spot, you could still easily find a group willing to go elsewhere just for the hell of it.The population was also at least 10-15 times larger back then, mind.

It's actually the reverse on 360. We have more people now than we did back then, but it seems that the overall adventurousness of the playerbase has gone down.

I'm not gonna lie, I spend plenty of time at the hotspots myself. I'm just one of those people who need a change of venue every now and then, you know?

NiteKatt
Apr 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
I agree w/ Sekani, but I'm kinda a Die Hard Moatoob Fan, I'm either on Moatoob or the Hotspot of the week...
'Nuff Said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiteKatt on 2007-04-15 20:58 ]</font>

Niered
Apr 15, 2007, 11:33 PM
On 2007-04-15 20:29, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

You...
What the...

So we're back to the "the Hunters did it!!" crap again? Give me a break. Not only do we Ninja-loot, but evidently now we also control where we do it.

Ugh.

Its a fact that if an area were to benefit the largest cross section of players, it would probably become the most played place in-game.

With that established, I think its quite evident that the largest cross section of players in PSU are Hunters or at least a hybridization of hunters. Im not saying there a majority, but if you were to split the community into thirds then they would be the largest group.

Im not saying I blame you guys personally, Im saying thats how it is. If an area benefits a certain type of playstyle that is represented by the largest percent of players then it is obviously going to become the new hotspot.

danny_o
Apr 16, 2007, 10:44 AM
I dabble in Crimson beast some times but start to pass out at the sticks at the 3rd run...I cannot remain conscious for that crap for long, HOW DO YOU SPAMMERS DO IT? Have an IV drip of redbull, or something? DAG! The run/abandon/repeat method is just so damned inorganic that I am compelled to fall asleep.

But I do have the wherewithal to do 5 back-to-back NO SCAPE runs of Fight For Food S difficulty missions (hell I could do those all day) because those are fun, and from just a few days of doing that me and my buddy found 2x jitseens, 1x beam gun, 1x {b}hardline, and 1x {b}bullet master. screw the mission grade rewards, the level 60 Deljabans drop 500~ meseta, when they drop it, with the Bel Pannons/Sendilians dropping 200~ meseta.

So if 1/8 of the 87~ monsters drop money, one can receive 3500~ meseta, and if one of SEED-Vitace drops cash... well, there ya go! Plus it makes me feel kind of ballsy to take countless Megid to the face and not die...though in 2 runs I got wiped out by the first Megid I ate. Those sucked, but out of 5 I did manage to get one S rank score, and several B ranks.

CelestialBlade
Apr 16, 2007, 03:27 PM
My Guntecher tends to be pretty useful in Crimson Beast. People always tell me how much faster a lot of the mobs go down (especially Gol Dolva) when I'm using Burn 4 with my Rifle. It also does more damage per tick than Traps, and I can use it as much as I want. I like being able to bring something to the party that isn't in there yet, and I've yet to find another party that has someone that really utilizes Burn 4 instead of just spamming Freeze Traps everywhere.

CB has lots of high-HP monsters and it really makes my GT's true potential shine. The fact that there's always a lot of parties there and the high reward are just icing on the cake for me.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 16, 2007, 05:07 PM
My guess is that everyone like the challege. When the Sealab got its first S2 mission, everyone was there. Its only a matter of time before we get a new mission with high MP rewards and some challenge

Fixed

edit: refixed. underline -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-04-16 15:12 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Apr 16, 2007, 10:46 PM
On 2007-04-15 21:33, Niered wrote:

You...
What the...

Ugh.

Its a fact that if an area were to benefit the largest cross section of players, it would probably become the most played place in-game.

With that established, I think its quite evident that the largest cross section of players in PSU are Hunters or at least a hybridization of hunters. Im not saying there a majority, but if you were to split the community into thirds then they would be the largest group.

Im not saying I blame you guys personally, Im saying thats how it is. If an area benefits a certain type of playstyle that is represented by the largest percent of players then it is obviously going to become the new hotspot.

A) The "largest cross section" is synonymous with majority. You contradicted yourself. You can't have a largest "third" because then it'd be more than one third.

B) The majority of the demographic is some kind of techer variant. On the 360 anyway.

C) Crimson Beast and the like are popular for because of the money, the MP, and the DROPS. Drops are what dictate where I go, but the monetary reward also factors into my decision.

Crimson Beast: [B] Heavy Twin, Phantom, Nightwalker, [B]Katsuno Zashi(?), Thunder Cannon(?), Solid / Power S.

Lab Recovery: Thunder Cannon, [B] Katsuno Zashi, [B] Ganna Line, [B] Twin Crea Daggers, Nanoresin out the ying-yang.

EASY, decent drops with an excellent reward dictates where people go, not an idiotic generalization. Desert Goliath may have good drops, just like SEED Awakened, but they ARE more difficult and they DON'T offer as much in terms of compensation via the Mission Reward.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-04-16 20:49 ]</font>

Niered
Apr 17, 2007, 02:28 AM
On 2007-04-16 20:46, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

On 2007-04-15 21:33, Niered wrote:

You...
What the...

Ugh.

A) The "largest cross section" is synonymous with majority. You contradicted yourself. You can't have a largest "third" because then it'd be more than one third.

B) The majority of the demographic is some kind of techer variant. On the 360 anyway.

C) Crimson Beast and the like are popular for because of the money, the MP, and the DROPS. Drops are what dictate where I go, but the monetary reward also factors into my decision.

Crimson Beast: [B] Heavy Twin, Phantom, Nightwalker, [B]Katsuno Zashi(?), Thunder Cannon(?), Solid / Power S.

Lab Recovery: Thunder Cannon, [B] Katsuno Zashi, [B] Ganna Line, [B] Twin Crea Daggers, Nanoresin out the ying-yang.

EASY, decent drops with an excellent reward dictates where people go, not an idiotic generalization. Desert Goliath may have good drops, just like SEED Awakened, but they ARE more difficult and they DON'T offer as much in terms of compensation via the Mission Reward.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-04-16 20:49 ]</font>

A).No. It is quite possible to have a large cross-section that is not a majority. If 40% of the players are hunters, 30% forces, and 30% rangers, then it would be correct to say that hunters are the largest cross section. But they are NOT a majority. Thats hardly relevant to the discussion at hand, so long as you understand that I used the term correctly.

B). On PC/PS2, the largest cross-section is easily fighgunner/fortefighter/hunter. Id be willing to bet that it is in fact similar on 360, but I could be wrong.

C). Drops and cash are not the end all in this problem. If that were the case, then you would see everyone flocking to "Tunnel recapture" and learning how to better deal with different enemy types due to the fact it gives slightly better MP.

Yes, EASY decent drops, MP, and Meseta are the determinates here. But who choses what is easy?

The largest group of players.

Whatever suits there needs best is what is considered "easy" by them. I personally find Grove of Fanatics S a walk in the park for me to solo with Killer Shot, but a Hunter wouldnt step foot in that place because it is not an area built for them. They do not consider it easy, and therefore, I dont think that even if GoF S2 rewards were greater than the current hotspot it would become the new staple. This is because, as I have stated over and over, Hunters decide where the rest of us go.

You seem to think that I am trying to blame you personally for choosing that class and thusly forcing me to do Crimson Beast runs. Let me put this bluntly since you didnt get it last time.

I do not blame you, or any other hunter personally for causing this.

I am simply stating a fact. So if you dont mind, I suggest you stop taking offense, and start taking note.

Helly
Apr 17, 2007, 02:57 AM
I hope all this De Ragan "love" won't make Sonic Team add a crapton more reskins into AoI and call it a day saying its what the players wanted. I know there's already one but if any more pop up..... >_<;

PsyX
Apr 17, 2007, 11:10 AM
On 2007-04-15 16:25, Kion wrote:
Since most people do crimson beast for the sheer mp, and that alot of people have maxed out their class, this has lead me to believe that the PSU community has contracted some sort of dragon fetish and they continue to spam the mission just to get a view of his hind quarters... (sick)
So is there an explanation for this fetish which causes people to stick to one mission and ignore other missions like the hive or tunnel recapture, or from even going to neudaiz(heaven forbid)?

That De Ragan is pretty hawt <3

twysted
Apr 17, 2007, 11:26 AM
i like the de ragan cause he gave me my Solid Power S http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Valvalion
Apr 17, 2007, 11:33 AM
Well, any of you guys Lv. 25 ~ 35 that want to do some Moatoob or Neudaiz runs on XB360, me and the other half are pretty much always there. We could do with some help in larger groups. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DurakkenX
Apr 17, 2007, 11:43 AM
Well, one of the best areas early on was the temple on neudaiz, but the thing was it just isn't fun being a hunter class in there being blown back and forth like a pinball and doing 1/4 the damage you usually do while more often than not Forces are fidgitty about healing constantly so that means you have to bring a large supply of mates and replenish your PP constantly and it takes quite a bit of time to run like that... but if you have 2 or 3 forces it becomes a breeze is quite quick runs till the end boss where hunters are good at... it just takes feeling worthless, consuming large amounts of money, and prolly a lot of time for most parties...

What kind of hunter wants to go through that? It's not a "challenge" so much as it is just badly designed. Sure it's challenging because it's badly designed, but it's not designed to be challenging and there is a big difference.

There are just so many things in the game that go "if you come here you are going to be pathetic and be pissed off with at least on thing here" that it comes down to where can i go where i can at least attempt to not be useless...

The answer to a lot of the questions that people come up with is "that's why there are other classes..." well yeah, but there is a point where it just become ridiculous... like say attack a bil de bear and having it suddenly start that spin attack which near instantly kills anyone that gets caught in it. You can say "well don't get close to it" Well isn't that saying play a ranger or force? Personally those jobs don't appeal to me. Rangers do a little bit more now that you can move with some of the guns, but to me standing in a single spot, shooting, and then either backing up or moving over and shooting again is just not fun for me. I prefer to be in thick of things as do many other people because it's just more exciting.

Let's be honest, there are many many many mobs that are designed specifically to screw the hunter over and make them worthless. It's not that there aren't things like this for other jobs, but they are a fewer and because of this there are fewer areas that are acceptable to all classes... it just happens that PArum is just such a place...

Kairi_Li
Apr 17, 2007, 12:12 PM
On 2007-04-17 09:43, DurakkenX wrote:
Well, one of the best areas early on was the temple on neudaiz, but the thing was it just isn't fun being a hunter class in there being blown back and forth like a pinball and doing 1/4 the damage you usually do while more often than not Forces are fidgitty about healing constantly so that means you have to bring a large supply of mates and replenish your PP constantly and it takes quite a bit of time to run like that... but if you have 2 or 3 forces it becomes a breeze is quite quick runs till the end boss where hunters are good at... it just takes feeling worthless, consuming large amounts of money, and prolly a lot of time for most parties...

What kind of hunter wants to go through that? It's not a "challenge" so much as it is just badly designed. Sure it's challenging because it's badly designed, but it's not designed to be challenging and there is a big difference.

There are just so many things in the game that go "if you come here you are going to be pathetic and be pissed off with at least on thing here" that it comes down to where can i go where i can at least attempt to not be useless...

The answer to a lot of the questions that people come up with is "that's why there are other classes..." well yeah, but there is a point where it just become ridiculous... like say attack a bil de bear and having it suddenly start that spin attack which near instantly kills anyone that gets caught in it. You can say "well don't get close to it" Well isn't that saying play a ranger or force? Personally those jobs don't appeal to me. Rangers do a little bit more now that you can move with some of the guns, but to me standing in a single spot, shooting, and then either backing up or moving over and shooting again is just not fun for me. I prefer to be in thick of things as do many other people because it's just more exciting.

Let's be honest, there are many many many mobs that are designed specifically to screw the hunter over and make them worthless. It's not that there aren't things like this for other jobs, but they are a fewer and because of this there are fewer areas that are acceptable to all classes... it just happens that PArum is just such a place...

QFT!

ST needs to design areas where that are balanced, where there are enemies every class has an advantage AND a disadvatage against.

Rangers classes have it easier cause they don't need to get so close ranged. Far less chance of getting hit.

Forces classes are squishy due to lower HP and defense, but they have resta to back them up.

Hunters classes are going to be the ones to use the most mates and scapes cause we are only effective close ranged.

Of course there's also the skill factor, but its not always possible to know when to run in every attack, I keep gettng killed by the bears because they spin when I'm in a middle of a PA combo. There's nothing we can do to predict or prevent that, nor is there anyway to save ourselves using mates since they kill us in a split second.

Not to mention I think it makes more sense that the harder and more "expensive" the mission, the more rewards we can get. I like easy to make money missions myself, but I find it frustrating to go doing other harder missions and NOT getting the justified rewards.

akratic
Apr 17, 2007, 12:19 PM
I do Crimson Beast more than I would like because it is absurdly difficult in this game to find/buy an A-rank unit. Believe me, if units dropped in more places or if you could buy something between a mega/power and a solid/power s, I would be happy to stop killing the dragon. It's boring.

Akaimizu
Apr 17, 2007, 12:31 PM
On 2007-04-16 13:27, Typheros wrote:
My Guntecher tends to be pretty useful in Crimson Beast. People always tell me how much faster a lot of the mobs go down (especially Gol Dolva) when I'm using Burn 4 with my Rifle. It also does more damage per tick than Traps, and I can use it as much as I want. I like being able to bring something to the party that isn't in there yet, and I've yet to find another party that has someone that really utilizes Burn 4 instead of just spamming Freeze Traps everywhere.

CB has lots of high-HP monsters and it really makes my GT's true potential shine. The fact that there's always a lot of parties there and the high reward are just icing on the cake for me.

I second this. It's one of the things I kind of saw coming. As monster HP climbs to higher heights, the Status Effect 4-landing weapons become closer to the kings of the (non-shielded) monster world. Traps fill out that shielded variety. I guess I love SE4s just because once you land them, you can just move onto the next monster. (They're already dying, they just don't know it yet).