PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Anyone??

powerhousing
Apr 15, 2007, 07:30 PM
Just like the subject explains, are there any PC/PS2 players around here? I wish Sega integrated the servers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kimil
Apr 15, 2007, 07:35 PM
Right here. I think the population of this Forum is about
half half 360/ Ps2+PC
or 3/5 360, 2/5 PS2+Pc

The servers are fine and stable atm, you can find ppl of a deverse selection of levels all over the place, not just Crimson Beast suprisingly. I hope the Expansion breaths dome life into the Servers, but at the monent I'm happy with the population. We are about to hit 36,000 accounts soon too. We get 4/5 stars in uni 2 at good hours, and thats good ennough for me ( you only really need 5 ppl to play the game to the fullest anyways )

They wont ever join the 360 servers with the PS2/PC servers, that is for sure. But I wonder if they'll ever merge the NA and JP servers? probably.... not

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-04-15 17:38 ]</font>

Kion
Apr 15, 2007, 07:36 PM
there's lots of us. why you ask?

DikkyRay
Apr 15, 2007, 07:39 PM
Wow.
I would say its about 50/50 as of now.
But im about 99% sure this will be moved to player matchup....

Sinue_v2
Apr 15, 2007, 07:59 PM
I don't really care if they ever merge the PS2/PC servers with the 360 - but it would be extremely nice to be able to access the PS2/PC servers from my 360. I like having the controller and LIVE functionality (my friends lists). Though I guess it's not THAT much of a concern anymore, since once I upgrade to Vista I can use their upcomming Xbox Live integration in that OS to play PSU on my PC while still having Live running in the background... plus I can use my 360 controller on the PC as well.

Either way - I gotta get the fuck off of the PS2 version. The load times, the slowdown, the low-resolution, ect... I don't even want to hook it up anymore. Not to mention that it's old as hell, and probably on it's last leg. It really doesn't need the extra wear and tear.

jayster
Apr 15, 2007, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't mind joining pc/ps2 as long as none of the hacking / haxeta is brought over to 360. Its not the pc/ ps2 community, systems, or people that are bad about it... its the few people that start the hacking and ruin the game. I'm sure both systems would be happier if we had an extra star filled up(on 360) and possitive pc/ps2 would be hapy if they had an extra 3-4 stars filled up. And with a larger community of players, itd probably bring more people. Just my 2 cent.

McLaughlin
Apr 15, 2007, 10:01 PM
On 2007-04-15 17:35, Kimil wrote:
We are about to hit 36,000 registered accounts, not active users soon too.

The majority of the board is PS2/PC. Personally, I hope they don't link the servers.

Kimil
Apr 15, 2007, 10:21 PM
On 2007-04-15 20:01, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

... Your constructive reasonning for pointing this out?

This is nothing people do not already realize. Obviously people wont play a game constantly because of their real lives, so not all accounts are active at all times.

No one is expecting this of the users.

McLaughlin
Apr 15, 2007, 10:37 PM
On 2007-04-15 20:21, Kimil wrote:

On 2007-04-15 20:01, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

... Your constructive reasonning for pointing this out?

This is nothing people do not already realize. Obviously people wont play a game constantly because of their real lives, so not all accounts are active at all times.

No one is expecting this of the users.

Registered users do not equal the number of active users. User IDs don't get deleted after an account is cancelled. You're quick to note the number of people who AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER played online, but not so quick to note that you can't fill a Universe. This is NOT obvious to everyone (like the new people) and you constantly attempt to capitalize on it.

You'd make an excellent politician.

Kimil
Apr 15, 2007, 10:44 PM
Please don't bother firing shots off Obsidian, I'm not some evil doer dood with an shady agenda.
I was just happy that the numbers are at least looking higher is all. Why is another arguement starting? I don't see the point.

McLaughlin
Apr 15, 2007, 10:46 PM
Just keeping everything in context.

Siertes
Apr 15, 2007, 10:49 PM
Christ, haven't we grown out of this?

*Locks topic*

Oh wait I'm not a mod http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kimil
Apr 15, 2007, 10:50 PM
No reason to lock the topic, there's no fight starting here

Edit - Spelling error >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-04-15 20:51 ]</font>

powerhousing
Apr 16, 2007, 12:43 AM
It's nice that we have many players/people playing PSU and I'm one of the people who wishes for more people to play.

Kion
-> I asked because I used to play PSO and it had vast amount of players playing and I just didn't see much people logged on as much as PSO. I'm new so I was curious how the population status was.

DikkyRay
-> It'll be great if they develop a player matchup system, it'll kill a lot of time finding one and more friendly game.

Though yeah, I've heard of many things about the hacks on PC/PS2; it sucks hearing them and having them. I wish I owned a 360, but I have to stick with my PC.

Raysa
Apr 16, 2007, 12:44 AM
GIB PC/PS2 VOICE CHAT NAO
They should have merged the servers. Bigger community. Instead of two seperate NA communities that play the same game.

dragoon-girl
Apr 16, 2007, 12:54 AM
I'm happy with the PC community, it's not massive... but it's okay http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I have some good people I like to play with and I still do meet new people, it's nice.

I don't really care if the universe doesn't really fill up, most of the people I know are nice... and I think having a small community of nice people, is better then a massive one.
But I have never played PSU on the 360, so I guess I don't really know.. but if other big communitys I know are anything much to go by.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragoon-girl on 2007-04-15 22:57 ]</font>

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 16, 2007, 01:00 AM
360 players would be screwed if the servers were linked. PC players have a money advantage and therefore item advantage over them. I dont know for sure but I am reasonably sure using just logic that most of the 360 players who dont play all day arent running around with a full palete of 9* weps plus a multitude or other 9* that they could switch in if they wanted to. however that is something that i have heard of on the PC servers. Although it would help our inflation problem quite a bit....either that or skyrocket the 360's economy

Yuudai_Riisu
Apr 16, 2007, 03:25 AM
I havent seen haxing anymore of any sorts It be great if they merge but Microsoft handling xbox

SarinSerafi
Apr 16, 2007, 03:31 AM
I play on PS2/PC. I think the majority of users on both platforms would prefer if we just stayed apart like we are now. Our economies are just too different. People won't get used to the changes.

I'm apathetic either way, really. *If* they get merged, ok. If not, ok.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 16, 2007, 06:43 AM
Well, anyone on 360 version shouldn't go blabbing about hacking on PC/PS2. It's not really there anymore, or if it is, you really can't see it. It's not like earlier where it was very apparent. Money is dwindling from the economy due to mass production of weapons and such. The funny thing is, some people don't notice it and still charge huge prices, that less and less people are able to afford. I'm probably one of the richest people on the servers, and that's just because I'm holding on to my money.

I don't see a problem with a merge at this point, but at the same time, we'd just get the console wars in game then, even though we'd be on the same servers.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-04-16 04:43 ]</font>

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 16, 2007, 07:09 AM
I perferably, don't care, as im on PS2...

I'd rather not have MOST of the 360'ers using Voice Chat to blab and put us down for 'not playing the game the right way' crap.

Yes our money masses are about... 100x higher then the 360's, but that doesn't mean we play unfair or anything...

At total, I have 54-5 million meseta. and I've only spent a few 10-50k on Scapes and health mats in the past WEEK.

Just cause most of us PS2/PCers have the cash-emasse, doesn't mean we still have the funds for say... a simple Deljabaner with 12% light. That because it cost 15Mil, where as on the 360, it may cost 100k or more... or less.

I'd rather not link servers... at all... Because I've heard BAD things about 360... like they just ignore Lv1-17 or so... and the voice chat adds on to the 'OMFG, YOU F-ing NUUB!!!'... T.T unless you can prove there IS benefit to this... I'm not linking this stuff.

From my point of veiw, the PS2/PC servers are fine, excluding the inflation. The majority of Nice people is really high, though we do get our stringment of arseheads, we have less of them.

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 07:40 AM
On 2007-04-16 05:09, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
I perferably, don't care, as im on PS2...

I'd rather not have MOST of the 360'ers using Voice Chat to blab and put us down for 'not playing the game the right way' crap.

Yes our money masses are about... 100x higher then the 360's, but that doesn't mean we play unfair or anything...

At total, I have 54-5 million meseta. and I've only spent a few 10-50k on Scapes and health mats in the past WEEK.

Just cause most of us PS2/PCers have the cash-emasse, doesn't mean we still have the funds for say... a simple Deljabaner with 12% light. That because it cost 15Mil, where as on the 360, it may cost 100k or more... or less.

I'd rather not link servers... at all... Because I've heard BAD things about 360... like they just ignore Lv1-17 or so... and the voice chat adds on to the 'OMFG, YOU F-ing NUUB!!!'... T.T unless you can prove there IS benefit to this... I'm not linking this stuff.

From my point of veiw, the PS2/PC servers are fine, excluding the inflation. The majority of Nice people is really high, though we do get our stringment of arseheads, we have less of them.

Have you ever played the 360 version?

You haven't?

Ok.

PJ
Apr 16, 2007, 07:49 AM
Superiority complex from one side makes me not want servers connected with the other.

SUBTLE BUT EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT I'M SAYING

ZamarKeoshi
Apr 16, 2007, 08:36 AM
Yes I am but I HATE it.For instence I started a force and as soon as he got FT he had all 9* weps.Plus Im starting to run LOW on cash and guess what I HAVE 3 MIL! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif 360 so I havent played for 2 weeks cause theres nuffin to do...and just to add to it all my friends plus their friends have a 360...*sigh* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

bleyzwun
Apr 16, 2007, 09:29 AM
I quit playing online right after the first big update (expert classes and what not). I just recently came back and have found it hard to group. Maybe it's the times I'm signing on? I dunno... It could also be because most people are max lvl atm. I havent really been playing cuz its kinda boring solo. My friends used to play but dont plan on coming back. Hopefully this expansion brings more people to the game.

I wouldnt mind a merge with 360 at all... maybe we can finally get widescreen lol. I highly doubt it will happen tho.

Rashiid
Apr 16, 2007, 10:31 AM
well, with these S2 missions, and lack of 'meseta-eating' updates (not saying they suck, i like the updates, just noting to spend moneyz on) ppl are getting high numbers of cash on em (360)

but merging wouldnt accomplish much, since it would maybe add an extra 2 stars.

only thing that would bug me would be the meseta haxx. besides that, id luv the servers to merge (not like its happening anyway)

Jasam
Apr 16, 2007, 10:39 AM
I'd love the servers to merge with Voice chat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
That or someone donate me a 360, the game, and live subscription http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'
I havn't played the last month or so to be truthful though, got boaring 'cus most of my friends suddenly stopped playing :'(

Rashiid
Apr 16, 2007, 10:41 AM
trust me: voice chat isnt good.

you cant even mute people (we tried thro the gamertags, doesnt work)

there is allot of little kids on 360......kills me.

xXDiabloXx (friend of myne) pulled out his Crea Doubles, and 4 little kids (rest of party) was just a huge: "OMGGGGGG WATRHRE8TB8RQYE4TGR8YEGQURY5EYIR4EYRJEYLIQY"

i left instantly.

Honeypot
Apr 16, 2007, 10:49 AM
I play on the PC/PS2 servers and it would be kind of nice if they did merge the servers. Then I might be considered rich as far as meseta goes.

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 10:52 AM
I'm for pc/ps2/360 merging.

I boot kids and noobs who say the the most retarded shit, especially when they yell at me for not believing them: "Omg, we're getting nanoblasts where you ride a lion." Yea, the 360 has downsides.... our economy is screwing up cause they little kids now have tons of meseta, and there are older veterans who take advantage by selling crappy items for way more than their worth, like 20& 8* for 1mil. The newest trend is that when you enter a party and one of the other player's mics sounds jacked up, they boot you even when you're about to finish the mission. It's not my fault the guy has a shitty connection. This is why the older players tend to be mean towards the noobs, cause the noobs do stupid shit..... I don't mind all platforms merging. As long as there's no more:"PC>360" or "360 rulez all" crap.

Surprisingly, there are a good number of players on the 360 who don't play often due to their spouse, work, child, or just don't need to play 24/7 with awsome palettes of 9*, some of which have nothing but 50% 9*. This game is relatively easy to play and make a few hundred meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-04-16 08:53 ]</font>

Allison_W
Apr 16, 2007, 10:54 AM
Voice chat would be nice for being able to bark at my group to stop running away from me when I try to buff/heal them, but then again, I'm a little self-conscious about my voice.

On the other hand, we could always do with more players... not sure how happy I'd be about so many of them being little kids, though.

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 11:00 AM
Bigger community would be nice, a complete merge at that. Not jsut the platforms, but also NA and JP servers merged.

Yea, after this last update, the spike in people on the 360 jumped. Now uni3 looks like uni 1-2 and uni4 gets few stars. Alot of whining, begging kids though. I wish you could separate them from the rest. Like they assume you buy meseta off ebay just for having a few hundred meseta, especially when you have over 2mil. That and being called an airplane fag for wearing the complete evors set(it actually looks good with certain colors) and yet their character is some plump shorttie with a mohawk named Lil Shorts or some random set of letters. I would hate to have those lil buggers infect the pc/ps2 servers, would make us players on the 360 look somewhat bad..... haha.

Just curious why they did separate us all in the first place?

redcell
Apr 16, 2007, 11:06 AM
I'm all for server merging solely for the increase in players =) I already have a nice group I play with regularly, but it'd be great to meet more people. Still, the issue regarding the difference between economies definitely would cause some problems I think.

And personally, I dislike voice chat -- but only because I tend to clear my throat a lot and I imagine that'd be irritating to listen to during long multiple runs. Bah!

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 11:49 AM
On 2007-04-16 08:41, Rashiid wrote:

Yes you can, and yes it does.

AL1ST0R
Apr 16, 2007, 11:58 AM
I'm a ps2 user http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rashiid
Apr 16, 2007, 01:33 PM
On 2007-04-16 09:49, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-04-16 08:41, Rashiid wrote:

Yes you can, and yes it does.

never works for us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 02:20 PM
I actually went and double checked (in case they broke it) and muted seanyboy (Flame) for a few seconds. Cut him off mid word, and resumed mid word.

McLaughlin
Apr 16, 2007, 02:36 PM
Works every time for me. Not that I have to do it often, there aren't nearly as many mute-worthy people as people who don't own the console would have you think.

I'd still prefer the servers to stay separate. We don't need a population boost (not that linking them would give us one anyway) and you guys would be ages ahead of us with your 30+ 9* weapons and your sets of elemental armors.

TorterraEndor
Apr 16, 2007, 02:39 PM
It'd be dumb to mute teammates, don't play in random games. Voicechat doesn't even work in lobbys.

Still no surprise on the subtle shots at each community. Mods aren't clever enough to pick up on them, though.

VanHalen
Apr 16, 2007, 03:02 PM
I play on the PC/PS2 servers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rashiid
Apr 16, 2007, 03:50 PM
really? well this was awhile ago when it didnt work.....
anyway, i like playing w/ random parties allot, give a change in pase, and ya get ta know allot of the community. it helps me in the long run, since allot of em quit, and i happen to be 1 of the ppl gettin theyre stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif