PDA

View Full Version : Will Eastern Peril become a hotspot again?

Zorafim
Apr 15, 2007, 11:38 PM
We're getting the S2 of it next update, apparently. I really liked that mission on S, so I don't see why S2 would be any different. Will people flock over to beat the Crimson Beast blues, or will next update be another week of nothing notable happening?

Raysa
Apr 15, 2007, 11:39 PM
Eastern Peril is my hot spot for life http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Nice Music and when I wanna take a break from owning the flying manbearpig. I'll do some forested islands which is also an awesome mission http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif!

Cz
Apr 15, 2007, 11:43 PM
my friends and Bunny are gonna hang out at Eastern Peril until we get har/quick. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So it is definitely a hot spot for us. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I am sure most ppl will want har/quick the faster way than Demon's Above, so it is gonna be like a division of population. Half at Crimson Beast and half at Eastern Peril. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

NPCMook
Apr 15, 2007, 11:50 PM
won't Eastern Peril S2 also make for faster runs in hopes of Halarods?

Zorafim
Apr 16, 2007, 12:16 AM
I wonder... If I get a Halarod, does that mean I'd actually have something to trade?

Mikaga
Apr 16, 2007, 01:38 AM
Eastern Peril S2 is Halarods for FTs, Har / Quicks for FTs, and Michi-senba for desperate male characters.

There's no way it won't be run a lot, but I expect it'd be solo-able (because parties split drop chances) so I don't know about how many would party it.

Eleina
Apr 16, 2007, 01:46 AM
What's faster about eastern peril? Demons above ain't that slow to run. Unless eastern peril gets a better drop rate it won't change much except a few meseta and mp...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 16, 2007, 01:57 AM
On 2007-04-15 23:46, Eleina wrote:
What's faster about eastern peril? Demons above ain't that slow to run. Unless eastern peril gets a better drop rate it won't change much except a few meseta and mp...

Easter Peril is only 2 blocks, both of which are very short, especially if you skip the side areas and go straight to the boss.

THERAPIST
Apr 16, 2007, 02:01 AM
On 2007-04-15 23:46, Eleina wrote:

EP = 2 blocks.
DA = 3 blocks, with larger maps.

If you don't care about getting an S rank, you can skip roomfuls of mobs & entire sections of map in EP, but you can only skip a few spawns in DA, and just one maybe two rooms.

My buddy and I can run EP (S) in about 8 mins - our best for DA (S) is 18.

I don't think that EP S2 will be too much slower than S http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ether
Apr 16, 2007, 02:07 AM
Demons above also has a ton of tengoghs, while eastern peril only has about 5. Demons above also doesn't give 105 mission points

Eleina
Apr 16, 2007, 02:15 AM
On 2007-04-16 00:07, Ether wrote:
Demons above also has a ton of tengoghs, while eastern peril only has about 5. Demons above also doesn't give 105 mission points

Tengohgs? lol they die real fast!! hardly a challenge (eeekkk i quoted hyuga <_<) And now remember the worms got nerfed so demons above is much easier than it used to be.

Kaloa
Apr 16, 2007, 02:23 AM
On 2007-04-16 00:15, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-04-16 00:07, Ether wrote:

Tengohgs? lol they die real fast!! hardly a challenge (eeekkk i quoted hyuga <_<) And now remember the worms got nerfed so demons above is much easier than it used to be.

They may die fast, but there are enemies that die alot faster.

danny_o
Apr 16, 2007, 10:27 AM
How may worms does Eastern Peril have? OHYEAHTHAT"SRIGHTNONE! When I throw down a Shifta, it takes the 3 full minutes to wear off!!!!!!!!ELEveNs!!! I like that...

Yeesh, and it's fun to take a break from stinky Crimson Beast.

But if people went outside of the ONE mission that presents the mathematically highest risk/reward ratio it would contradict the popular concept of people complaining of low content while not utilizing the content we have to the utmost, or to the slightly-most. Or at all.

ONE MISSION TO BIND THEM, ONE MISSION TO FIND THEM, ONE MISSION TO RULE THEM ALL. "and neudayz is for neubs anywayz, jeezzz"

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 16, 2007, 10:47 AM
On 2007-04-16 08:27, danny_o wrote:

How may worms does Eastern Peril have?

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-04-16 08:47, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2007-04-16 08:27, danny_o wrote:

How may worms does Eastern Peril have?

I think that was kinda rhetorical :/

Neith
Apr 16, 2007, 11:40 AM
Of course Tengohgs die fast- if you're a RA type or a FO type. Hunters have problems with them (well, at least Fortefighters)

Wouldn't be so bad if they had multiple targets, but because they only have one, they take an age for Hunters to kill.

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 11:43 AM
Seems like tengohgs are misisng a chunk of hp, that or with a high level, they are no longer a pain. Yea, Eastern Peril is easier than Demon in the Sky as a fG/GT than a hunter. Doesn't seem like they spawn alot either compared to the map infested Demons one.

Special_FX
Apr 16, 2007, 02:38 PM
where is Eastern Peril ?

Misaki Ki
Apr 16, 2007, 03:02 PM
Agata Islands: Egam, the place where the Holy Grounds are.

I hope it does become a hotspot, it's one of the few missions I actually enjoy repeating.

Akaimizu
Apr 16, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-04-16 09:43, CyarVictor wrote:
Seems like tengohgs are misisng a chunk of hp, that or with a high level, they are no longer a pain. Yea, Eastern Peril is easier than Demon in the Sky as a fG/GT than a hunter. Doesn't seem like they spawn alot either compared to the map infested Demons one.

It's the high level. As long as you got SE4 Infect or Burn, the Tenghogs easily change from painful Gun draining HP fountains, to much easier foes. Back in the day, the Tengohgs of Demons Above (on the variation where there's lots of them) used to cost me anywhere from about $2K-$3K in recharge costs,
unless I had a nice party to go in and help me save ammo. Nowadays, the SE4s make short work of them for an incredibly lesser cost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-16 13:07 ]</font>