PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU handle a Jarba?

MayLee
Apr 16, 2007, 11:48 AM
Lately I've been noticing in a lot of random parties with people that some tend to have different ways of fighting a Jarba.

Fortefighters and especially Fighgunners tend to melee them which tends to create a hassle on the party because it is likely for them to die. Jarbas only use Dambarta when you are in their range and those types of people like to get up close and personal with them which makes me frustrated because I have to be the hero and be a resta bot for them because they refuse to use guns on them.

I notice some forces doing the exact same thing causing them to be frozen and then Megided to death, do people have no strategy when fighting these things?

This doesn't go for just Fortefighters and Fighgunners, it goes for all classes because I see a lot of this happen in every class, yes even rangers tend to shoot at them up close..=
what is your strategy of fighting a Jarba?

Mine, I buff then move to a safe far away corner and use my bow and it usually takes 300-400 damage on them.

Sc0pe
Apr 16, 2007, 11:54 AM
You see, Jarba's have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down.
http://animatedtv.about.com/library/graphics/zapp.jpg

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 11:55 AM
On 2007-04-16 09:54, Sc0pe wrote:
You see, Jarba's have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down.

I lost count of how many internets you just won.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-04-16 09:55 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 11:57 AM
Drop a virus trap, run the hell away, pull out rifle, and shoot em between the legs. That or substitute rifle with grenade launcher and blast em. That or run into a corner balled up, and cry.

Genoa
Apr 16, 2007, 11:58 AM
I lay a Virus Trap if I can, If I can't use Virus, I'll lay a poison or a burn. If I can't use traps at all... I use Cards/Bows/Rifles (depending on class), but I never Melee them. The Megid doesn't become the worst part once you're that close to them, it's the Dambarta.

Techs aren't very effective, but a nice Zalure helps out a lot.
IMO, the most effective Jarba killin is Virus Trap + Zalure + Ice Bullets (maybe throw in an SUV... a Rafal perhaps)

Neith
<3 Zapp Brannigan reference http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Anyway, as a fF, I use an Axe against them. I circle them until I get behind them, then use Anga Redda to do decent damage, and occasionally stun them.

Another good tactic for a HU is to use Rising Strike/Tornado Dance?/Rising Crush to stunlock them. This usually stops a Jarba doing anything, let alone Megid. I use Rising Crush and Anga Redda, and I'm usually ok.

Edit: As a HU, you'll probably burn out of gun bullets before a S2 Jarba dies. Melee is the way to take them if you're a fF at least.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-04-16 09:59 ]</font>

MayLee
Why does it take so much damage when shooting a Jarba between the legs? LAWL, Sega team naughty.

Illpalazzo87
Apr 16, 2007, 12:00 PM
Meh as a FF all I do is get some ice Weapons with quick attacking photon arts and spam them from behind, as long as you arn't infront of them they can't do much. When there is more than one of them I keep to the same tactic only differnce is I keep rotating the camera to make sure none of the others are facing me.. if they are I retreat and wait for the right time again.
I hate people who hit them once or twice then expect everyone else to do the work while they hide on teh other side of the map..

RadiantLegend
Apr 16, 2007, 12:03 PM
As my fF it is my rising crush and Anga Redda vs jarbas.

Genoa
Apr 16, 2007, 12:05 PM
I'd rather have the FF's in my party hit them and wait for a gunner to take them out... But i'd even more like for FF's to carry more %^&*in handguns, but we all know that would hinder most FF's from using their multiple weapons of the same type in their palette >_>
Not acusing all FF's of this, by dayum, seriously 90% of the FF's I see don't have a dayum handgun. You have the ATP to rock that baby, get one! Who cares if the Bullet art goes only to 10, your ATP compensates the loss.

Pop them jarba's with your Frozen hit lvl.10 Pythons >_> it'll probably do more than your ubber buff melee weapons that waste enough PP as it is that would be more effective if saved for something it works well on >_> save some Photon charges, save some scape dolls from being all up in a Jarba, and use a Gun!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif .... sry >_> that's just something that's always bothered me.

Akaimizu
I normally take these on, the most, in a party lately (Been spending extra -lone- time in non-Jarba areas mainly because some of my most fun fighting is on other locations (Don't know why I have so much fun with Bill De Vears and the like)).

In general, I shoot from afar. To make things a little easier for the melees and other people using guns, I start with Twin MayaLee to weaken them and do initial damage. I then go for my SE4 weapons (bow/rifle) and try to stick a good Infect on them. Then I pick which Jarbas I need to run distraction for, and let people know. I'm big on that. Running distraction normally equals, picking a nice appropriate Twin Gun bullet, picking the Jarbas I want mad at me, and go unload on them. Thus allowing the rest to be able to pick off Jarbas with much less worry about multiple Megids coming their way. Taking on one is bad enough, if you worry about their spells; but multiple Jarbas ready to blind-side you with the techs is when it really gets dangerous.

Of course, for that little bit of help, the idea is to make sure everybody has at least some form of TP/MST buff on them. If a small percentage of failure difference is all that's needed to somehow have things go wrong for you (especially with PMs and synths), it just HAS to work the other way around. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Normally Jarbas aren't scary after a certain level. It's the evil doods with them that is the scary part. Without the fast, powerful, and distrating support enemies, Jarbas are much closer to sitting ducks. There are times in which (after tagging everything with Twin Mayalee) I volunteer Jarba distraction with hopes the stronger (general damage types) first take care of the support melee artists while I keep the Megid off them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-16 10:09 ]</font>

Criss
As a GT I don't have Virus traps, so I just drop a poison trap, or freeze+poison if there's more than one, and take out either my ice dualies or bow, depending on if I want to do more damage, or support the party by freezing it over and over.

ayrista
Apr 16, 2007, 12:06 PM
i only use my twin handguns on my fighgunner, and Dark Bow with my GT.
I also trap them if possible.

Kimil
Apr 16, 2007, 12:07 PM
I grab an Ice bow, and stay the fuck away. ( Let the Fortefighters get megided to death XD )... but atm the moment I'm a Fortefighter so I get megided to death...

MayLee
Apr 16, 2007, 12:12 PM
On 2007-04-16 10:05, Akaimizu wrote:

Normally Jarbas aren't scary after a certain level. It's the evil doods with them that is the scary part. Without the fast, powerful, and distrating support enemies, Jarbas are much closer to sitting ducks. There are times in which (after tagging everything with Twin Mayalee) I volunteer Jarba distraction with hopes the stronger (general damage types) first take care of the support melee artists while I keep the Megid off them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-16 10:09 ]</font>
You know, I've never seen a PM get a KO from Megid from a Jarba before. ButDambarta and the damage from Megid seems to work very well on them. =

amtalx
Apr 16, 2007, 12:14 PM
Rifles ftw. Stand in the next room if possible. Just get away.

Genoa
Apr 16, 2007, 12:15 PM
On 2007-04-16 10:12, MayLee wrote:
You know, I've never seen a PM get a KO from Megid from a Jarba before. ButDambarta and the damage from Megid seems to work very well on them. =

I think at best, I would only bring a GH-43X and the person bringin it should be a Force/Ranger type... Preferably Ranger.
If you can stay a good distance from a Jarba... then your Ranged PM usually does too, but they don't move all that much to dodge... so you'd still have to be carefull. Not worth it IMO <_>

Shiryuu
Apr 16, 2007, 12:15 PM
Jarba only use dambarta if you get in front of them, so I usually just melee them from behind. Megid isn't a problem unless there's 3 of them. A group of Jarba are more annoying for a melee class when you're in a party because someone is guaranteed to jump in front of a jarba for no apparent reason.

Otherwise, I shoot them with rifles. Virus (either bullets or traps) them first, then pelt them with ice bullets.

Akaimizu
Apr 16, 2007, 12:17 PM
Yeah. PMs usually seem to get the absolute worst from spells that are Sustainable spells. Damu anything (or similar stuff like the Flame from a Dragon breath) seem to be the PM's worst nightmare.

PMs definitely can get Megid death, but I was simply talking about how a high percentage (to succeed) synth, from a PM, has a surprisingly good amount of failures for something like 10% to fail. Just saying, even an increase of that, from a weaker TP/MST buff should also be just as significant. Murphy's law can't work just one way.

And like a few other people mentioned, Megid from 1 Jarba compares nothing to a few Jarbas, and that's why I'm so keen on running distraction for them. I can safely keep out of the way, as my class, and fire from afar. The bad, that even as a GT9 and quickly approaching level 65, I have maybe a 50% success rate of actually surviving even 1 Megid. That's pretty insanely low. So I try to dodge every single megid that ever comes my way. It's also why I get such thrilling tension avoiding the Megid because of my incredible low survival statistic. Not that I've been hit my much Megids mind you ('cept for that one suicide mission I ran), but every one counts and I generally (at most) get hit by Megid once, in a mission.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-16 10:21 ]</font>

MayLee
Apr 16, 2007, 12:20 PM
My PM is a GH 451, her Ice spells are great on them and she sticks to me like glue..well untill she's face to face with an enemy then there is no way to call her back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The ice doesn't concern me with her, plus I can heal and Reverse, it's the blasted damages the megid does to her, plus the Go Varas around her. (Crimson S is a bad place for a 450 series)

Cz
Apr 16, 2007, 12:20 PM
First i stop...then pull out my rifle and start shooting it and give it ai-d. Eventually it will rot away and i dont have to deal with that one again until the next jarba shows up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Jarba isnt a big deal....those flying birds on the other hand....are so annoying. >.>

Tahldon
Apr 16, 2007, 12:22 PM
With Tahldon I just cast Rabarta from afar *shrug* Easy pickings..

With Hale I do a "run-by" with a virus trap then whip out the ol "shottie" and shoot them in the back, when they turn around I play the ol rodeo game with them and keep running behind shooting them in the back. When they cast Dambarta, I stop shooting and keep running behind them (Dambarta doesn't hurt you if you're behind them :3). I will agree this is without regard of my other teammates, but most of the time they're rangers so.. yeah.. and if I get into any immediate danger I retreat and proceed with my Ulteri.. so simple..

Akaimizu
Apr 16, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-04-16 10:20, MayLee wrote:
My PM is a GH 451, her Ice spells are great on them and she sticks to me like glue..well untill she's face to face with an enemy then there is no way to call her back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The ice doesn't concern me with her, plus I can heal and Reverse, it's the blasted damages the megid does to her, plus the Go Varas around her. (Crimson S is a bad place for a 450 series)

Go Vahras are actually among the worst things Crimson Beasts throw at you. You'd think the big guys are bad, but truly, it's the minions that take the cake, on that mission.

In fact, they're so bad, that if I try to run distraction, I can only risk doing a couple of them, at a time. I dare not attract a third. That puts my survival rate too low for me to reasonably know I can get away with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-16 10:24 ]</font>

Midicronica
Apr 16, 2007, 12:26 PM
I fail to understand the "You win a free internet" joke. >_>

Anyway, no big explanation. On Etherelda (my GT) I'll start off by using Twin Mayalee so the force won't have go to in and be a hero and debuff. After that, I'll just sit back and shoot them with my bow (Ensei-sou or Insei-sou.) With Macross (my FT) I do just the same except this time I play the hero and debuff them, then begin with laying down the fire on them with my bow. I also have to play resta bot for any of the FFs or FGs who are stuck in the fray. -_-

MayLee
Apr 16, 2007, 12:28 PM
On 2007-04-16 10:22, Tahldon wrote:
With Tahldon I just cast Rabarta from afar *shrug* Easy pickings..

With Hale I do a "run-by" with a virus trap then whip out the ol "shottie" and shoot them in the back, when they turn around I play the ol rodeo game with them and keep running behind shooting them in the back. When they cast Dambarta, I stop shooting and keep running behind them (Dambarta doesn't hurt you if you're behind them :3). I will agree this is without regard of my other teammates, but most of the time they're rangers so.. yeah.. and if I get into any immediate danger I retreat and proceed with my Ulteri.. so simple..

...W-why are you talking like that? It's scaring me. >.>
Anywho, I never seen anyyone in my parties use traps on them.

I've seen many debuff them but not traps.

(Would be awsome if PMs used traps)

Shiryuu
Apr 16, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-04-16 10:23, Akaimizu wrote:

In fact, they're so bad, that if I try to run distraction, I can only risk doing a couple of them, at a time. I dare not attract a third. That puts my survival rate too low for me to reasonably know I can get away with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-16 10:24 ]</font>

Best way to approach Go Vahras is with buten shuren-zan. They will have a hard time hitting you if you know how to maneuver with it.

Parn
Apr 16, 2007, 12:33 PM
I give jarbas a quick love tap... from behind! I then back off and make sure the coast is clear before I go in for seconds.

For whatever reason, Kamatoze and Jarbas unleash two sets of Damubarta on the 360, so it seems to last twice as long as it did on PS2/PC.

Akaimizu
Apr 16, 2007, 12:35 PM
On 2007-04-16 10:29, Shiryuu wrote:
Best way to approach Go Vahras is with buten shuren-zan. They will have a hard time hitting you if you know how to maneuver with it.

I'll have to give it a go. My single Dagger PA is well levelled, but I don't like the Go Vahra speed. It seems like they could tear me up just trying it before I could get the knockdown in. They can still hit me, up until then. It hasn't faired that well even in Mad Creatures, so I tend to have put my dagger away. Heck, 3 can kill me outright with anything that has startup, and that PA definitely has it. Those Go Vahras give you absolutely no break time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-16 10:40 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 12:39 PM
As a fF or any melee class, using moves like rising strike, rising crush, the twin dagger ult PA, and a few others can flinch the hell outta Jarbas. I think one effective PA is the original singale claw PA with a good to high ice% claw, blenders the f- outta the jarbas.

Midicronica
Apr 16, 2007, 12:43 PM
Go Vahras are by far the scariest fucking thing to come running at you, especially when they're attack buffed because you know within a few hits you're going to die. As a Guntecher I have no choice, but to use my twin handguns on them. I'd use my Xbow, but Yak Diga is only lvl 11. I might be wrong, but I think at the moment, twin grav (lvl 21+) is the best option for me. By using my twin handguns not only can I get at least two of their attention and help out the force or FF, but it's easier for me to break away and elude them before having a claw shoved down my throat.

XDeviousX
Apr 16, 2007, 12:46 PM
Spiral Dance owns Jabs and if I know I have a good party I will Spiral Dance a Jab while my friends take care of the other/s. Spiral Dance stunlocks Jabs and they won't even cast Barta if you spam quick enough. All three combos of Spiral dance stop Jabs from shooting megid and casting barta, but it will not work on multiple Jabs, because of distance, only one will take full stunlock effect leaving you open for attack if your party isn't smart enough to use stunning PAs on the other... (Twin Yo-Yo Daggers works well also)

Spacepest
Apr 16, 2007, 12:47 PM
Stand far away as my rifle range will allow and go pew pew pew.

majan
Apr 16, 2007, 12:47 PM
fighgunners have a right to be up close and personal.2 words....tornado dance.it is the certified jarba-fucker of all skills.

also,as a fighgunner,I have about 5 more to save up,then I have mayalee fury,which is the certified jarba-fucker of all bullets.

sorry thats a really fighgunner-centric response,but some classes are cut out to fight certain enemis better than others.i.e,fortefighters vs neudaiz,forces vs grove of fanatics/train rescus/bugs,the like. rangers > jarbas.its life.

Akaimizu
Apr 16, 2007, 12:49 PM
On 2007-04-16 10:43, Shadow_Moses wrote:
Go Vahras are by far the scariest fucking thing to come running at you, especially when they're attack buffed because you know within a few hits you're going to die.

You said that right. They are among the baddies that's as dangerous for the GT as it is for the fT. Nevertheless, were given great distraction weapons. Risk vs. Reward, buddy. It's one thing I can definitely sympathize with. It's also why I've been willing to spend nearly 2 months not buying a single thing, just to get a single sori-senba. I want to finally be over the fact I need to attract monsters, and not be so insanely vulnerable to death (in every way).

Jarbas still, are nice slow beasts who can get royally screwed with an organized attack. They do seem like a bit of a ranger's paradise, though. (That is, if they pack an SE4 weapon)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-16 10:52 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 12:50 PM
Mayalee fury fucks Jarbas up, with two Beam Vulcanics on my palette, quick switch keeps a jarba nailed to a wall. Or you can walk the dog across the room, away from other jarbas in case too many are clustered together around your melee fighters.

XDeviousX
Apr 16, 2007, 12:57 PM
On 2007-04-16 10:47, majan wrote:
fighgunners have a right to be up close and personal.2 words....tornado dance.it is the certified jarba-fucker of all skills.

also,as a fighgunner,I have about 5 more to save up,then I have mayalee fury,which is the certified jarba-fucker of all bullets.

sorry thats a really fighgunner-centric response,but some classes are cut out to fight certain enemis better than others.i.e,fortefighters vs neudaiz,forces vs grove of fanatics/train rescus/bugs,the like. rangers > jarbas.its life.

I use to Tornado Dance Jabs but found spiral dance to be the better PA due to PP cost, speed of spamming the next combo, and length of the 3 combos together and you have more control to disengage or "stear" the jab wherever you want him to go, although Tornado Dance is a good tactic as well.

Kaydin
Apr 16, 2007, 01:00 PM
Two words:

Diga and Dambarta.

Shiryuu
Apr 16, 2007, 01:00 PM
On 2007-04-16 10:35, Akaimizu wrote:
I'll have to give it a go. My single Dagger PA is well levelled, but I don't like the Go Vahra speed. It seems like they could tear me up just trying it before I could get the knockdown in. They can still hit me, up until then. It hasn't faired that well even in Mad Creatures, so I tend to have put my dagger away. Heck, 3 can kill me outright with anything that has startup, and that PA definitely has it. Those Go Vahras give you absolutely no break time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-16 10:40 ]</font>

Run up behind them first and start the combo. Knockdown as much as you can with the first combo, then concentrate on the rest with the second.

Of course you will still get raped if there's 5 (or 4 if they're sword ones) or more of them. But that's gonna happen no matter what when there is that many of them.

majan
Apr 16, 2007, 01:04 PM
and yea go vahras are pretty terrifying ...their frantic walk...the alien-like head...they are jsut a total quantum leap over regular vahras in intimidation,badass-ness,and cool-ness of course.its quite an honor to be slaughtered by them.though it isnt fun at all.especially as a fortetecher.they fucking hate us.

Midicronica
Apr 16, 2007, 01:05 PM
I've seen forces who use damubarta die terrible so many times. It's a good option, but a very dangerous one. XD

Jey
Apr 16, 2007, 01:05 PM
As a Fortegunner, I use Virus Traps (or have some yahoo shootvirus rifle/bow) + Boma Maga. Jarbas only have one target, so my lv24 Maga (... don't ask) can freeze up to 3 at a time. Makes Kagajibari and Bils about 80% safe (the 20% being when I'm recharging the launcher <_<; 120pp a shot, heh)

Not that anyone ever kills the goddamn vahra/distova clusterfukkin the Jarbas. Boma Maga has a bias towards small mobs (like most multitarget guns, if not everything multitarget) so nothing like shooting a grenade off and only freezing 3 distova while the jarbas run free...

On GT and fG I just use Twin Freeze. fF I just Rising Crush from their rear (fFs don't have a lotta choice in the matter...) As fT I just card'm with my resta/reverse wand out.

Cracka_J
Apr 16, 2007, 01:06 PM
I challenged a jarba to a staring contest once...needless to say, it did not turn out in my favor.

As FF - as someone mentioned earler, locking on and circling is prolly the best tactic with close range weps. You can get behind them fairly quickly, as they tend to be quite easily distracted.

As FIG - run in briefly for burn/poison trap laying, then switch off to ice dualies. It is very rare you will see FIG deaths if they are doing this.

As FT - If I'm runnin with FF's, I will play up close with FT. Mainly because they are workin hard to beat these guys down, and if I'm not supporting them, people die. Playing long distance when your the only force in a party does not help the guys doin the work up front. If I gotta lose a few scapes so they don't lose all of theirs, I'm cool with it.

Captain_N
Apr 16, 2007, 01:13 PM
Shooting!

Also, dropping a trap and debuffing along with the shooting works great.

Sol-Edge
Apr 16, 2007, 01:31 PM
Im a Fortegunner and heres what I do...

Wear good ice armor, lay a virus/burn trap, Ice Crossbow right in the face!(or back xD)

Sc0pe
Apr 16, 2007, 01:35 PM
I'm a protranser, So I lay a virus trap, then die and burden my team for the rest of the mission.

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 01:36 PM
Tried feeding a jarba Maylee's cooking, but instead i got a plate full of megid and dambarta -_-;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-04-16 11:37 ]</font>

AweOfShe
Apr 16, 2007, 01:48 PM
As a Protranser:

On a single Jarba - Poison Trap + Bow.
On a group of Jarbas - Virus/Burn traps + stun lock them with the Grenade Launcher.

Rashiid
Apr 16, 2007, 01:50 PM
i dont mind what ppl do to it, as long as their smart.
noting is more annoying then seeing a melee user run up to it head-first, then cry when they die from Dambarta saying "why didnt u heal me?!?!"

simple: cauz ur a dumbass.

i use a bow or cards. casting techs against it is too risky since i really only use rods
(lacking a ??? / Quick unit as of now)

Schubalts
Apr 16, 2007, 02:10 PM
Fortefighter: Stay the fuck away from its front and spam Moubu on it. That or I stay back and use my handgun(EVERYBODY CAN USE HANDGUNS FOR A REASON), seeing as a handgun bullet hurts Jarbas more than my AXE does http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Go Vahras: I wet myself and hope I can knock some down before they notice me and eat my face.

Tra
Apr 16, 2007, 02:14 PM
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3575/psu20070322101317000wc3.jpg

No strategy needed here XD

Golto
Apr 16, 2007, 02:21 PM
As Fortegunner I virus trap, twin maylee, and then ice machinegun bullet. As Fortefighter I attack from behind either using Rising Crush or one of the regular twin claw pas that has the stagger effect in its 2nd combo. Buffed jarbas I use a hangun w/ my FF.

Libram
Apr 16, 2007, 02:30 PM
Fortetecher - Diga. Diga Diga Diga. I do have a bow, but I like to save those shots for the Shagreece and the Golmoro.

Fortegunner - Rifles are fun and work well with traps. Yay!

Fortefighter - I'll pull out my Saber/Handgun combo and fire away. Once the gun is depleted I then use Rising Strike to help keep them stunned. Once both are completely dry I switch to Twin Sabers and Rising Crush them for all eternity.

Fighgunner - Dualies are great weapons, especially against Jarbas. When I'm running Crimson I seem to never run out of ammo for both sets I have, and using those Freeze Traps on the Jarba Death Squad proves rather effective. I just wish everyone else would focus on the Gol Dova in the meantime.

VanHalen
Apr 16, 2007, 03:07 PM
As my fortefighter it goes like this

Slashx3 and then use gravity strike where the sun doesn't shine. Then pull out the axe. Next press F3 to yell my Anga Redda shortcut and use that PA. Err after run like a schoolboy bitch and shoot them with a raygun.

As my fortegunner use a burn trap then blast them with my rifle.

TorterraEndor
Apr 16, 2007, 03:11 PM
Virus Trap. If they're in a group with other stuff, I distract them for rest of party.

As fortegunner, that is, as fighgunner I use burn trap and same strategy, pretty much.

If they aren't in a group, or theres only one Jarba and a bunch of little enemies, then I just burn with rifle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TorterraEndor on 2007-04-16 13:37 ]</font>

Kaloa
Apr 16, 2007, 03:26 PM
With my fortetecher I use my bows. I find using techs too risky. The casting animations take too long and I usually get hit by megid before I can recover. I don't mind standing back and firing off virus and ice bullets. Bows allow me to dodge better and move around as need be.

Scion
Apr 16, 2007, 04:23 PM
Blast them with cards!!! Or mechguns!

As my FT, I just debuff them, and then start using my cards and throwing shit at it and eventually it dies. XD

With my GT, I try to infect them first, then spray ice photons and then eventually it dies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

An advantage to both these weapons is that you get to have a wand handy, so I can easily run to someone and heal if needed.

Randomness
Apr 16, 2007, 04:25 PM
Ice bow and strafe to avoid megids.

Of course, with FT ATP, even the 30% ice doesnt bring the damage to where I'd like it.

ACH
Apr 16, 2007, 04:27 PM
As a Guntecher. Zalure + Zoldeel and a Burn Trap G if there are two of them. Then I hammer away with Cards or Crossbows, just so I can Resta and Reverser those meleeing them.

Fortefighter, Axe or Twinsabers. Though I hate it.

PT, if there's one I use a regular Virus Trap and my Longbow. If there are more I use a Virus G and my Longbow, or Grenade Launcher.

chibiLegolas
Apr 16, 2007, 04:42 PM
I use a Caseal:

As a GT - I use burn traps, Sturm Buster SUV, Maylee prism on lazer cannon for flinching/distraction. Or twin guns for distraction. I hung up my virus longbows since sticking virus on them takes forever.

As fG - I use sturn buster suv, virus trap, and twin guns FTW. My ATP is good enough for me to take a jarba down, and get them distracted so hopefully they would shoot megid at me and not the hunters/dambarta techers coming from behind them.

As FT - sturm buster suv on groups, I zalure them from behind, and try to stick burn with my longbow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-04-16 14:43 ]</font>

Lykos
Apr 16, 2007, 04:53 PM
I'll start from the beginning of B3 of Lab S2. I'm a Fighgunner by the way.

First off I use Sturm Buster to do lots of damage and SE the first wave, because it's the biggest. After the SUV lifts I usually go back to recharge if I need to. When I come back, I like to lock on to the Jarbas and Tornado Dance them from the back, but it'll change from time to time. If I feel like getting close I'll always attack from behind and always lock on so that I can't get caught by megid/dambarta. If I feel like shooting or if its too crowded I sit back with my Evil Twins and use Twin Freeze. I'll occasionally use traps, but as a Fighgunner they aren't as effective as other classes. Hopefully if my PM decides to be nice and make a Drumline, and with my luck it wont, I'll be able to use Frozen or Maylee Fury.

Ryoten
Apr 16, 2007, 05:26 PM
Thats easy. First, let the Jarbas focus on your friends while you sneak behind it & climb up its back & put a well placed bullet in its head. I did it & it worked wonders. *Until they figure they should take me out first.* lol

DikkyRay
Apr 16, 2007, 05:31 PM
Is it wrong that i use loli newmans friends for bait?
Theen i come in and i Redda the Jarba's ass

twysted
Apr 16, 2007, 05:34 PM
smack it up flip it rub it down....

no really when i was a fighgunner i tried the up close and personal thing it did not work out so well so i just used my dual pistols not that i am a fortegunner i just sit back and blast them.....

SolomonGrundy
Apr 16, 2007, 05:53 PM
I'm a Fortefighter and I use a rayratore (pistol) to lend a damaging had in a party. It does nto matter whether you use dark/ground or ice bullets - the slight extra damage mod from dark is enough to offset the 4% ice bonus.

I'm surprised to see how many folsk take a chance with melee. Maybe if someone in the party had the ultimate machinegun art I'd risk it...otherwise...no thanks. Dambarta/megids not worth it.

TJ5
Apr 16, 2007, 05:57 PM
I usually shoot it for a bit with my handgun, until the party seperates a group of jarba so I can concentrate on one (This only applies to rooms of 2 jarba) when I can see both jarbas in my screen and they are apart, then I rush in and use rising strike to keep a constant stunlock on it. If I think a Dambarta is coming I back off until it uses it's Buff/Megid/Dambarta then repeat. im a fortefighter btw.

Megalomax
Apr 16, 2007, 05:58 PM
I hit and run ^_^ My Lvl:80 Friend takes care of it ^_^

APEXi
Apr 16, 2007, 06:13 PM
fighgun - burn trap, strafe and shoot with dualies, spam rising crush
fortegun - freeze with rifle, apply virus trap
fortefight - level whataver PA i'm working on, distract it from others

omegapirate2k
Apr 16, 2007, 06:27 PM
I shoot them until they die, on occasion I'll attack them with my ice rapier when they're distracted and I have scapes. But I usually just shoot at them :/

Mystil
Apr 16, 2007, 06:32 PM
I equip my 20% Ice Crimson Line, and switch to a single claw and stun lock it with the claw PA.

Fulgore
Apr 16, 2007, 07:38 PM
I might as well tell how I do it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cards.......Ice Bullets with Cards......and when those run out I switch to Ice Bullets with Bow... I used to use Curse or Fire but that always took too long to infect and in that time I usually kill them with a Bow or Card Combo...Plus I love using the cards due to the Strafing effect I can use http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MayLee
Apr 16, 2007, 07:50 PM
It's nice to know everyone's strategies, I actually sometimes see almost similar ones in parties, sometimes.

I don't think forces should use tambata on Jarbas because their Dambarta < Jarbabarta. Seriously. >.>

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 07:58 PM
Anyway, to answer the question:

How do YOU handle a Jarba?

I kill them.

hainsaw3
Apr 16, 2007, 08:00 PM
Tag all of them with cards, then use my bow.

Unless I died in that map, then I use cards completely to stay nice and agile.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 16, 2007, 08:11 PM
i have a protran so i lay down a virus trap on the first run by...once im a safe distance detonate...the second run is a freeze trap...detonated imediately...once they are jarb-sicles i do one of two things...wait and freeze it again or beast and beat the snot out of it.

Sekani
Apr 16, 2007, 10:44 PM
After the trap is out, either Twin Ice or Spiral Dance depending on whatever weapon has more PP at the moment son.

Maylee, you'll definitely see more trap usage when you start running the S2's son. They're pretty much a waste of meseta on lower ranks son.

Umberger
Apr 16, 2007, 11:04 PM
Foie until burned, Diga while it's burning, repeat.

If I'm in a party though, I usually just tag and heal...if there's enough people focusing on one, it goes down really fast.

Kerschweiser
Apr 16, 2007, 11:30 PM
Burn/Virus G and get to max range for dual-pistols to pelt em with ice bullets.

McLaughlin
Apr 16, 2007, 11:39 PM
On 2007-04-16 09:54, Sc0pe wrote:

*Salutes*

I tend to melee attack them until they turn around, and then run while spamming Dimates.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-04-16 21:42 ]</font>

Kimil
Apr 16, 2007, 11:42 PM
Oh, I forgot :

Yo-Yo daggers... they kick Jarba's asses.
All you need to do is lock on and fire away, the Jarba circles you while twiching and flinching until it dies

MaximusLight
Apr 17, 2007, 12:47 AM
Strategy? Does kicking ass butt count.

Aralia
Apr 17, 2007, 01:03 AM
fT- Bow w/ ice shot

FG- Tornado dance (they don't have time to dambarta and if they do, I'm already out of the way)

fF- Rising crush (From behind!)

GT- Virus w/ dark shot, then ice shot for dmg

fG- Virus then Ice grenades (can't dambarta if you don't have time to cast it)

'Nuff said

BahnKnakyu
Apr 17, 2007, 01:07 AM
fF - Stay near the back and spam Rising Crush on it, let my allies who can do damage over time take care of it.

GT - hit each one of them with Twin Mayalee first to tag them and get their attention, then run into a group and drop a burn trap on them. Run out, then start circling them with cards. This draws fire away from the melee guys. If there arent that many jarbas (or if my teammates are keeping the others busy) I Mayalee Fury one down. This is a HIGHLY underrated PA.

WT - I'm there to distract them, Rising Crush like mad, take dambarta in the face since I can take the hits. Debuff, and general distraction and support of my teammates.

fG - Drop whatever DoT trap I have, preferably Virus, then start spamming nade launcher.

FG - If I feel cowardly - Mayalee Fury them. Drop DoT trap, Twin Mayalee everything, spam Rising Crush.

Eleina
Apr 17, 2007, 01:29 AM
As a FT dark bow it until infection is applied then Diga. When i use my fighgunner burn trap followed by ice twinhandguns. And when i use my GT i would use rifles(but as they are not leveled i close range with the xbow + traps)

Paramedic
Apr 17, 2007, 04:04 AM
Here's my way of killing Jarbas. If you pay attention to who the Jarba is looking at, it's really simple.

Whoever has the Jarba's attention should kite him. (Run around him in large circles)

This way, you will always dodge his megid attacks and he is perfectly open for all of your teammates to attack. (Melee, ranged, or with techs) However, you might want to be a little cautious of where you kite him, just in case if teammates are in the line of fire. But then again, they should be paying attention too. Whenever you lose the Jarba's attention, whoever now has the attention should start kiting.

Of course, this is something that cannot really be done in pick-up groups. (They like to just zerg everything) It does work very nicely with a competent group of friends though.

Kerschweiser
Apr 17, 2007, 04:13 AM
The sure fire freezer grenade has caught my attention for occupying Jarbas. It's nice for locking them out of combat while the rest of the group picks off the small fries running around it. That way, when everything is out of the picture, everyone can concentrate on the Jarba.

twysted
Apr 17, 2007, 11:59 AM
On 2007-04-16 20:44, Sekani wrote:
After the trap is out, either Twin Ice or Spiral Dance depending on whatever weapon has more PP at the moment son.

Maylee, you'll definitely see more trap usage when you start running the S2's son. They're pretty much a waste of meseta on lower ranks son.

especially in that last room on seabed...

MayLee
Apr 17, 2007, 12:02 PM

Oh god, the bet is even on the forums? -_-

Anywho, I am sure I will see them. Just one more level. =)

Valvalion
Apr 17, 2007, 12:02 PM
Bows work very well against them.

I just stand back and bow them to death.

twysted
Apr 17, 2007, 12:12 PM
On 2007-04-17 10:02, MayLee wrote:

Oh god, the bet is even on the forums? -_-

Anywho, I am sure I will see them. Just one more level. =)

cool... hope to see you there soon its a blast...

Akaimizu
Apr 17, 2007, 12:18 PM
Yep. S2 is a blast alright. If I wasn't so strapped for cash, I'd be using traps even more. I'm so close now to that new armor, after my last session. I'll be broke, afterwards, but everything super important, outside of that armor, is cheaper.

Pikku
Apr 17, 2007, 12:22 PM
ME and my NPC get right in their face and PA it to death.
If a FO is there... I guess I get resta... if not... I dont lost much damage from the ice and if I do I just run for a quick second... heal... do it again.

Poignantswine
Apr 17, 2007, 01:05 PM
Virus Trap G, then shoot'em from behind. Always stay behind Jarbas (when possible).

CyarVictor
Apr 17, 2007, 01:16 PM
Or out of range of megid with a rifle/bow/laser cannon.

Cell132
Apr 17, 2007, 01:19 PM
I have many strategies fer dealin with em.

When I was a protranser, I would get up close and virus it. Then, I'd hang back, let the status do it's thing and slowly kill it while doin the megid dodging dance.

If I was out of traps, I'd run up to it and spam rising strike on it while paying close attention to when it's about to cast. If it gets into it's casting stance for ANYTHING, I back off and wait for an opening. When I'm out of traps as my protranser, these things are especially deadly.

Now, when I switch to fortefighter, I go to total offense. But the first thing I do before anything, is switch to my ice armor. (I carry one of every element I own on me, which basically means fire, ice, and dark. Another note, I didn't have this armor when I was a Protranser, but I feel this applies to all classes cept techers, yet they can benefit as well I think.) Megid is cake to dodge when you're that close. Make sure to stay behind it, and it won't hit. Extra care comes when there's multiples of them. Dambarta poses a smaller threat, I let my armor handle it. My character can survive a full stream of that attack with the armor, and I expect to get frozen. When I unfreeze, I immediately use a trimate, or if teammates have been caught as well, a star atomizer. If I get hit while I'm frozen, well, thats what scapes are for. Take one fer the team I guess.

When I'm a force, I don't bother with em. It's too much of a hassle to attack em directly, so I immediately go full support with buffs, debuffs, heals, and reverser. I know damage will be flying with teammates, so I make sure to stay away and not get pegged with dambarta. Things go downhill when the force gets frozen.

Jakosifer
Apr 17, 2007, 03:05 PM
I start off by Zaluring it with Twin Mayalee, then switch to Burn G's or Poison G's and SE it. Then I retreat and blast it with Twin Freeze until it dies. Simple as that. =/

Allison_W
Apr 17, 2007, 03:31 PM
I run at them and eat Dambarta.

BlueKnight
Apr 17, 2007, 03:38 PM
I use my melee weapons.

I get in the back of them and hit them with my Twin Saber speshal.
that help alot. But try to stay in the back of them as much a you can.
But wach out for that Ice spell thay use. That is the safe bet.

oreidenewyork
Apr 17, 2007, 04:58 PM
machine gun to the back w/ zalure

XenithFlare
Apr 17, 2007, 05:05 PM
Like a Ninja; silently and as sexy as possible.

Nobo
Apr 17, 2007, 05:10 PM
Don't think just kill. Use anything you have PP with to kill a Jarba because by then you dont have much weapons left with PP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

SStrikerR
Apr 17, 2007, 06:44 PM
right now, im a figh, and i use twin gunz on them, but once i get tornado dance, ima gonna use my story mode tactics, tornado dance for 3/4 of the art animation, and once its close to over, i turn away and get a good enough distance away that the dambarta gets purdy close to nicking me but doesnt. but right now, since im usually the mid-high lv in my party, usually closer to mid, im one of the guys that attacks the jarba's but if a noob needs help fighting the accomplices of the jarba, my team's mid-high does a /dice, lowest has to help.

DikkyRay
Apr 17, 2007, 06:47 PM
On 2007-04-17 15:05, XenithFlare wrote:
Like a Ninja; silently and as sexy as possible.

Not as sexy as me.
Or your mom.
you non lvl 80 nub

Kylie
Apr 17, 2007, 06:49 PM
How do I handle a Jarba? Well, I like to treat it with a movie and then a dinner at a fancy restaurant. You know, show it that I'm a girl with class and good taste. But I don't have THAT much class in the end if you know what I mean. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_kuddel.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Actually, I don't really have a strategy. I used to shoot it as a Figh Gunner, but I only carry claws at the moment on Forte Fighter...

Rust
Apr 17, 2007, 06:54 PM
Rust shot'em with Ice Xbow taking all the megids in da face ; still never died once, but Rust isn't spamming labs and all like most of the people, so it must be taken in account it didn't face those Sega remake of Regenerators as much as all of most of the people. As for the three others, they run (straight for Claudia, away for others) and die.

Athran
Apr 17, 2007, 09:24 PM
I tend to lay a Virus G on em (Protranser 10 here), and then if they're occupied, lay into their backside with a shotgun, or run back and hit them from afar with a bow.

Rashiid
Apr 17, 2007, 09:37 PM
all these are nice plans, but how many actually do this?

im sure ya just use w/e your tryna lvl (unless u capped everything)

latley ive used Zonde on em, about 250 a hit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i really dont care what ppl do, as long as they have scapes.

and expansion, i REALLY wont care, ill have GiResta by then

Sekani
Apr 17, 2007, 09:45 PM
On 2007-04-17 19:37, Rashiid wrote:

Um, anybody with an ounce of sense actually uses these tactics son. The real test of skill though is how people handle all of the Jarba's friends, especially those damned Go Vahras or that Gol Dova son.

pikachief
Apr 17, 2007, 09:53 PM
i fight jarbas with my mighty ice shotugun, and when he uses his is i walk back adn take a seat until he stops http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TorterraEndor
Apr 17, 2007, 09:54 PM
Jarbas aren't even hard to handle. Even in groups. The only time I can see them being a problem is when theres 3 Jarbas and a Gol Dolva. And that happens once in CB on certain maps.

I'd only understand someone using one scape in a mission with Jarbas. An unlucky megid hits for example. Any more and...well, you should probably stop playing Jarba missions.

Megalomax
Apr 17, 2007, 09:57 PM
I NEED GiResta *Goes to Maya and Begs* Lol

pikachief
Apr 18, 2007, 09:16 AM
On 2007-04-17 19:54, TorterraEndor wrote:
Jarbas aren't even hard to handle. Even in groups. The only time I can see them being a problem is when theres 3 Jarbas and a Gol Dolva. And that happens once in CB on certain maps.

I'd only understand someone using one scape in a mission with Jarbas. An unlucky megid hits for example. Any more and...well, you should probably stop playing Jarba missions.

oh jarbas megid alost never ever hits me! i just fight them with shotguuns and crossbows! its when the gol dova paralizes me then a jarba comes bye with his dambarta that kills me!

CyarVictor
Apr 18, 2007, 10:19 AM
Without a hunter spamming moves like rising crush, gol dova's are a nasty threat with their attacks and constant running. Jarbas are just fun to mess around with unless you got a techer using dambarta. Everyone scatters and may actually run into the jarba's dambarta. No techer should ever use dambarta around Jarbas, just messes with the team unless you clearly tell everyone otherwise. More deaths seem to happen with that tech used by teammates.

ShinMaruku
Apr 18, 2007, 10:32 AM
Fling diga like a nut.

Shaidar
Apr 18, 2007, 10:36 AM
Doing hit and runs from behind works. On S2 and such I try to stick with guns though. Taking them down from a distance will save both me and my party alot of worries. Now, this is all from a figgy's point of view.

Akaimizu
Apr 18, 2007, 10:46 AM
On 2007-04-17 19:45, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-04-17 19:37, Rashiid wrote:

Um, anybody with an ounce of sense actually uses these tactics son. The real test of skill though is how people handle all of the Jarba's friends, especially those damned Go Vahras or that Gol Dova son.

More so, anybody with a mind for tactics use them. I tell everything as it is. If I don't do it that way, I don't type that I do.

CyarVictor
Apr 18, 2007, 10:49 AM
I still love to watch idiots run straight into a megid ball head on as if they could somehow defeat it to get to the Jarba, then they die and whine why resta ddin't save them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif People surprisingly will run straight into megid or dambarta instead of zig-zagging or attacking from the rear. Not many tactical users among randoms.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-04-18 08:49 ]</font>

Suz
Apr 18, 2007, 12:01 PM
On 2007-04-18 08:49, CyarVictor wrote:
I still love to watch idiots run straight into a megid ball head on as if they could somehow defeat it to get to the Jarba, then they die and whine why resta ddin't save them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif People surprisingly will run straight into megid or dambarta instead of zig-zagging or attacking from the rear. Not many tactical users among randoms.

That's mainly because some people on PSU don't like to use tactics in fighting. :3 They like to chrage headfrist into battle, and if they die, they get back up and continue fighting. And die again. o_o

My tactic on a Jarba is get behind them and lay a burn trap, then lay down 2 shots of twin Mayalee, and then whip out my twin pistols with Twin Dark and fire away. I'm suprised why people try to melee a Jarba. They have so much brute DEF that it's hard to hit over 200 with a good elemental wep. But with guns, I do around 500 per attack(aka about 250 for those 2 hits a piece) and im just fine as my fire DoT eats up their HP while I whail away at it. That and with the added Zalure from Twin Mayalee, just makes me do more damage and killing it faster. Those guys never touch me because I know how to keep my distance. When shooting I always stay in constant strafe so that i'm able to move if a Jarba were to shoot a megid, I can easily side-step out of the way. I mainly use fire armor, but I carry all the elements with me. Sometimes when I feel like I wanna go upfront and kick the Jarba around a little, I change to my ice armor(or something that isn't fire if it's not on me)and USUALLY hit from the back. Rarely does the Jarba aggro on me to turn around and Dambarta, but at least without a fire armor on, I won't take 700-1300 a hit from it, get frozen, and die. Then get revived only to get shot down again by megid. XD But yeah. Just my thoughts.

AtomicHunter
Apr 18, 2007, 02:18 PM
Whip out the twins ..pop pop twin maylee and then for the coup de grau..maylee fury +drumline in the back=F T W!!! I have solid power s and i switch to bullet save for the mech guns so i can shoot constantly and push him into a corner ouy of everybodys way(dance Jarba dance)
AJAX lvl 80 Fortegunner lvl 10
All bullet pa's at 30

Akaimizu
Apr 18, 2007, 02:36 PM
Boy do I wish I had Bullet save. That's a hard thing to get, unless you're rich. Those things go for 800,000+ on the 360 no less. It takes me a month and 3 weeks to make 360,000, at my rate. (I would've had 360,000 by now, but I was away the last couple of days)

PALRAPPYS
Apr 18, 2007, 02:43 PM
On 2007-04-18 12:36, Akaimizu wrote:
Boy do I wish I had Bullet save. That's a hard thing to get, unless you're rich. Those things go for 8,00,0,000+ on the 360 no less. It takes me a month and 3 weeks to make 360,000, at my rate. (I would've had 360,000 by now, but I was away the last couple of days)

I wish you were right. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif But my editing is the truth. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Akaimizu
Apr 18, 2007, 03:17 PM
8 million. Ahhh. Oh well. That's 100% completely out of my league unless I actually find it. That's way too expensive even for someone *with* more time to play this game. I wouldn't reach it, in way too long, if I spent every single last available hour farming S2 Labs, even with a relatively fast party. (Relatively, that is, not breaking records)

Frankly, that person really doesn't want to sell it at all. I mean, what's the chance of searching for it taking less than it would to get that much meseta, on the 360?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-18 13:19 ]</font>

MattTheShark
Apr 18, 2007, 04:23 PM
virus trap + lvl 23 ice arrow + dodge occasional megid = ownage

dangit why don't you have a trap option up there >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MattTheShark on 2007-04-18 14:25 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Apr 18, 2007, 05:22 PM
Trap most likely falls under hit and Run. Or more like, Bomb and Run.

Straight from the BSU...

Bomberman Star Universe

FluxGryphon
Apr 18, 2007, 05:33 PM
Because of the Dambarta, I don't like to get close to them generally. If I do it's from behind, spamming some flinch PA or just close enough to get Mayalee Fury off (with mah Kyrius forteGunner) and shove that bastid off off to a wall. Otherwise it's bow or rifle with frozen shot (added damage) to take 'em out as fast as possible.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 18, 2007, 06:06 PM
Unless I'm in a big party, I start by setting a trap in a spot that hits as many as possible (even if it means megid risk).
The following are what I like to do but don't do that often...

If using a shotgun: Just keep that boomstick up its ass and move around it when needed. Run away when it's about to cast something, since I never know when it's gonna be a dambarta and it'll turn around JUST enough to hit me.

If using a crossbow: Keep that crossbow up its ass, strafe, use a melee PA to return to its backside without relenting on the offense. And make some distance if I think I'm gonna be hit by a spell.

And sometimes I'll just try and distract as many jarbas as I can so I can try dodging all that megid while attacking and letting the others do more damage.

If I get hit by too much freaking dambarta (usually when not playing my hardest...I rarely play my hardest), I'll spam freeze traps on them. Karma's a bitch, bitch!

SolomonGrundy
Apr 18, 2007, 06:25 PM
you know, I'm not Tra/Cherry's biggest fan, but that pic he posted was pretty sweet. Zero damage from
the megids of a level 80 jarba.

*aspires*

I wonder what % dark armor that is...

As for Goldova/Jarba spawns in Crimson Beast, that's easy:

Beasts use Nanoblast and go for the Goldova.

Casts use the grenade launching SUV on all

Generally, I like to take down the Goldova FIRST, as he is more mobile and disruptive. A Freeze Trap G can settle the Jarba's down for a time, until you can properly engage "Harvey" (the Goldova). His only dangerous move is stun, an if you are in a party of 3 this is easy to get out of (someone sol/reversa's you).

Sometimes I play in a party of all Fortefighters...that get's to be a challenge. Imagine 3 guys with pistols trying to take down a buffed, triplet of jarba's.

SStrikerR
Apr 19, 2007, 07:29 PM
now i use melee

XenithFlare
Apr 19, 2007, 07:52 PM
Most of the time I use Twinnies with Twin Mayalee/Twin Freeze and a Virus/Burn G trap.

But seriously; we all know it's the sexiness that brings 'em down.

FUFME
Apr 20, 2007, 01:19 AM
With my Force and Ranger I use ranged weapons - Bow and Rifle

For my Fighgunner, I use 44% Weld-Line Ice Armor and stay glued behind the Jarba or at a 45 degree angle glued right next to him. I stay glued to him at all times - even when he moves in cirles, and just use my Saber and wack him un-mercyful till he's dead

FUFME
Apr 20, 2007, 01:25 AM
On 2007-04-16 11:00, Kaydin wrote:
Two words:

Diga and Dambarta.

You'll do faster damage with a bow or gun then magic

Raysa
Apr 20, 2007, 01:32 AM
SE 4 Burn + dodging megid = pwnage aswell.

ashley50
Apr 20, 2007, 03:13 AM
as a Ranger...shoot them.
As a Fighgunner, shoot or Tornado dance.
as a Force, Bows.

Flame6
Apr 20, 2007, 04:32 AM
I just use any weapon that lets me move and shoot

Lumaar
Apr 20, 2007, 05:59 AM
On 2007-04-16 12:14, Tra wrote:
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3575/psu20070322101317000wc3.jpg

No strategy needed here XD

No strategy eh? Can't believe that Nosudeega isn't one of the choices, gives like over 900 damage each Tech. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

In a party, I think each person should take their own Jarba.

Nosudeega on Jarba rocks and until he comes close and use Damubarta, having 40% Ageha Senba works pretty well.

Yeah Nosudeega him to death works great. Foie is also great!