PDA

View Full Version : Who is ur favorite story character??

Cz
Apr 16, 2007, 12:35 PM
So who is ur favorite story line character? Even better, who do u think makes the better main character other than Ethan or Laia. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-04-16 10:41 ]</font>

Midicronica
Apr 16, 2007, 12:37 PM
D: No Tonnio?

He would have gotten my vote.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-04-16 10:37 ]</font>

Cz
Apr 16, 2007, 12:42 PM
On 2007-04-16 10:37, Shadow_Moses wrote:
D: No Tonnio?

He would have gotten my vote.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-04-16 10:37 ]</font>

oops i forgot about him...sorry. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 16, 2007, 12:45 PM
I don't think anyone wuold be suprised that I vote for Maya. But It hink that Tylor would be the best main character.

Parn
Apr 16, 2007, 12:59 PM
Out of all of the plot points in the game, Maya's relationship with Kou was handled the best, and so she ended up being my favorite character due to that, and her personality. She reminded me of a PG version of Grandia II's Millenia.

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 01:01 PM
I prefer the non-maiden Karen. Leo owning..... he's the number one cause of c-ranks when i solo with npcs. Lol.

XDeviousX
Apr 16, 2007, 01:02 PM
Tylor by far. The man is so smooth he doesn't even need to nano blast to be deadly. in fact, I think nano blasting would slow him down...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-04-16 11:02 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Apr 16, 2007, 02:05 PM
Tylor probably thought he looks better outside of Nanoblast, so that he didn't dare do it in fear of messing with his good looks. (It's better to look good fighting, than anything else.) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Tylor had a nice overall character introduction. That is, the whole part leading up to when you became more familiar with him, in later chapters. It was the closest chararacter, I've seen to any, being like Craymen from Panzer Dragon Saga(Azel). Not quite, though. Once you knew him, you find out that Tylor's ambition was not as grand nor as spookingly understandable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-16 12:07 ]</font>

Kent
Apr 16, 2007, 02:27 PM
Maya.

The whole looking nice thing aside, she's one of the more down-to-earth characters (just like Leo), and one of the more intelligent of the bunch.

...And she has a habit of standing behind me, facing the camera, and backstepping in place. :/

Shaidar
Apr 16, 2007, 02:39 PM
Karen and Leo. They were blessed with some kind of personality and I'd hate to see either of them go down. Karen was pretty cool before she dressed up as Maiden and Leo just feels..natural. Rest of them are more or less silly, although Kurtz isn't that bad. Can't say he's gotten alot of character development though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2007-04-16 12:41 ]</font>

VanHalen
Apr 16, 2007, 03:24 PM
Curtz the AMF commander!

Akaimizu
Apr 16, 2007, 03:29 PM
Oh shoot. I almost forgot about Curtz. And to think that I recently posted an Apocalypse Now reference. He would've been too easy to include. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sinue_v2
Apr 16, 2007, 03:30 PM
Liina. There's something about that spunk she has which I like. Too bad she's pedo-bait.

No, No, she's just LOOKS 12 years old, but she's perfectly legal.

Riiiiiight.....

Lou would have been my first choice, but you didn't list her.

who do u think makes the better main character other than Ethan or Laia. >.>

Alis Brangwyn.

Shit... Hahn would have made a better lead character than Ethan or Laia. = /

VanHalen
Apr 16, 2007, 03:32 PM
^Oh crap I forgot Lou. She was one of my favorites too. I liked the Cast characters since they had that nice echo in their voices.

DikkyRay
Apr 16, 2007, 03:33 PM
Curtz FTW

Kaloa
Apr 16, 2007, 03:35 PM
Lou has sexy hair. I vote for her.

As for Ethan and Laia, they're both pretty weak and could easily be replaced by anybody at this point.

Turambar
Apr 16, 2007, 03:35 PM
Where's Lou? I boycott this poll until her name appears. =P

Angelo
Apr 16, 2007, 03:37 PM
I voted Leo because Tylor wasn't up there!! Also would've voted Mirei but she dies, o well

pionear
Apr 16, 2007, 06:09 PM
Tylor is the coolest to me, but for this poll I picked Karen. Nice, but Sassy at the same time. If Laia could be a little more like her...

Nice list, but you should've put a opiton for 'other' in your poll.

Renvolt is cool looking, but he just don't have that 'badazz' edge quiet yet. Maybe in AoI.

Sol-Edge
Apr 16, 2007, 06:10 PM
Tonnio... D;

omegapirate2k
Apr 16, 2007, 06:30 PM
Magashi, because he sounds like malak from KOTOR XD

Xaeris
Apr 16, 2007, 06:32 PM
This poll fails due to a lack of Lou. "You can't have one." That scene all by itself made the story mode worth it.

Itchee
Apr 16, 2007, 07:37 PM
Maya.....cuz im a lecherous perv.

MayLee
Apr 16, 2007, 07:51 PM
Merei, hands down.

Or, Pete. Gotta love pete. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2007-04-16 17:53 ]</font>

RedX
Apr 16, 2007, 08:32 PM
Out of what you put up, Magashi. He is just awesome, though not really anymore without the wings >.>. But out of everyone in the game Tylor wins. He is just awesome, and has an awesome saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Gemel
Apr 16, 2007, 08:37 PM
Magashi because he is fun to kill and he gets stabbed a lot in a certain area.

Nah really it would be Laia, I just like it how she always gets mad and whenever Leo is around she tries to act all good. Something about her relation with Ethan also makes her easier to choose, cant wait to see her fight him. (Not counting that unwinable battle)

FluxGryphon
Apr 16, 2007, 08:43 PM
On 2007-04-16 10:59, Parn wrote:
Out of all of the plot points in the game, Maya's relationship with Kou was handled the best, and so she ended up being my favorite character due to that, and her personality.

*heartily agrees*

She also reminds me a bit of Elly from PSO, but it's her personality and the drama with Kou that wins for me. (At first I didn't care for her but that scene where everyone was getting pissed at Curtz and she steps in with the charm, solving the problem, earned my respect.)

Wolfie_Rustin
Apr 17, 2007, 06:15 AM
I voted Leo, But I think Fulyen Curtz is the best.

Skuda
Apr 17, 2007, 06:21 AM
Hyuga, cuz he's a ladies man. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

...and a man's man...

...and he's whipped...

...by a little girl...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 17, 2007, 06:32 AM
T.T

Where's Luciam Nav?

I'd vote if he was there...

Seeing an Old Ass-kicking robo.. nothin better then that.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 17, 2007, 06:39 AM
I say Magashi.... first off he's hard to kill (in story mode they killed him some 3 times) and seems as capable fighter... at least in cutscenes...

And besides he has that cool wings..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Raysa
Apr 17, 2007, 06:45 AM
I would vote either Curtz, Tonnio, or Tylor.

Curtz = Awesomesauce.
Tonnio = awesomeness.
Tylor = awesomenessauce.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 17, 2007, 06:46 AM
^
Yeah, too bad he still got himself whooped by some 17 year old kid who has had hardly any fighting to the death experience. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Jeremiah
Apr 17, 2007, 07:56 AM
I dislike most of them, but there are some diamonds in the rough.

1.Leo: One dimensional like everyone else, but he had a very believable father like image applied and easily made him respectable.

2. Magashi, he was a simple but well done villain. Had that air about him that really made you think he could destroy you in a moments notice, despite how little he really did. I still have yet to discover what he was fighting for.

3. Laia. Yes, you heard me. I've seen some many cookie cutter female characters (the ditsy and flirtatious to the stone cold and expressionless) that I can't help but smile at Laia, her ridiculous anger just seems so atypical in female characters these days. And besides that I like her design, save for her terrible hair.

creativehope
Apr 17, 2007, 08:50 AM
I vote Linna, I mean just look at her. Plus if Tonnio broke his rouge image just to marry her, she's got to be special.
LINNA FTW!!

Sinue_v2
Apr 17, 2007, 09:01 AM
I've seen some many cookie cutter female characters (the ditsy and flirtatious to the stone cold and expressionless) that I can't help but smile at Laia, her ridiculous anger just seems so atypical in female characters these days.

Actually, Laya seems to be a throwback reference to Lyla - er, Alys Brangwyn of PS4. The no-nonsence toughchick stereotype. However, Lyla was a more likable character than Laya, IMO, because Lyla was still very much a woman. Though you only see it in Laya when confronting Leo (Lyla acted the same around Thray), Lyla showed she was everybit as proficent in the kitchen doing charity work, making meals for local elderly couples as she was on the battlefeild... and she would kick your ass in a heartbeat for calling her out on it. Underneith her tough exterior, it was clear that she was a very caring and loving character.

Laya, on the other hand, was mixed in a bit too much with the "Beast" stereotype - and her anger often comes out forced or overdone. Lyla rarely got "angry", she was cool, calculating, and very professional. Not to mention that Lyla was smart, and observant... whereas Laya tends to let her anger and prejudices cloud her judgement... such as that silly preocupation she has with Ethan. When all of her peers and superiors seem apologetic for Ethan, including the president, yet still persue him as a criminal - Laya never bothers to ask why. She just barrels in hell-bent on making Ethan the enemy, weither he actually is or not. '

Seems pretty ditsy to me, but for other reasons. But anyhow, yeah, Laya is more of a throwback to Alys (just as Alys was a throwback to Anna), though a bit modified.. just as Rutuz and Curtz are modified references.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-04-17 07:05 ]</font>

Omega_Weltall
Apr 17, 2007, 10:19 AM
On 2007-04-17 07:01, Sinue_v2 wrote:

I've seen some many cookie cutter female characters (the ditsy and flirtatious to the stone cold and expressionless) that I can't help but smile at Laia, her ridiculous anger just seems so atypical in female characters these days.

Actually, Laya seems to be a throwback reference to Lyla - er, Alys Brangwyn of PS4. The no-nonsence toughchick stereotype. However, Lyla was a more likable character than Laya, IMO, because Lyla was still very much a woman. Though you only see it in Laya when confronting Leo (Lyla acted the same around Thray), Lyla showed she was everybit as proficent in the kitchen doing charity work, making meals for local elderly couples as she was on the battlefeild... and she would kick your ass in a heartbeat for calling her out on it. Underneith her tough exterior, it was clear that she was a very caring and loving character.

Laya, on the other hand, was mixed in a bit too much with the "Beast" stereotype - and her anger often comes out forced or overdone. Lyla rarely got "angry", she was cool, calculating, and very professional. Not to mention that Lyla was smart, and observant... whereas Laya tends to let her anger and prejudices cloud her judgement... such as that silly preocupation she has with Ethan. When all of her peers and superiors seem apologetic for Ethan, including the president, yet still persue him as a criminal - Laya never bothers to ask why. She just barrels in hell-bent on making Ethan the enemy, weither he actually is or not. '

Seems pretty ditsy to me, but for other reasons. But anyhow, yeah, Laya is more of a throwback to Alys (just as Alys was a throwback to Anna), though a bit modified.. just as Rutuz and Curtz are modified references.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-04-17 07:05 ]</font>

WIN! I saw that Lyla(Alis) and Laia connection to.

My favorite characters would have to be:
Leo - The only Beast with f'ing sense
Mirei - I like the nice girls
Maya - ... she has big hooters... and her um...personality... ya...
Curtz - After he gets off his CAST high horse he's cool

Pikku
Apr 17, 2007, 10:21 AM
I pick Maya because I got a Newman Fetish since 2000 >.>
And Maya looks like my girlfriend...

DEM_CIG
Apr 17, 2007, 03:45 PM
Karen... cause she kicks @ss with daggers and shes a newman.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 17, 2007, 03:48 PM
btw I wonder how duel between Magashi and Karen would look like...
Perhaps we would have another Final Fantasy VII tragedy? (i.e good girl gets killed by absolute bastrd)

Sinue_v2
Apr 17, 2007, 03:58 PM
Perhaps we would have another Final Fantasy VII tragedy? (i.e good girl gets killed by absolute bastrd)

Normally I would be the one to tear you a new one, but I'll just give you a warning for now.

Generally, it's NOT a good idea to make a comment linking Final Fantasy to the untimely demise of prominant female character at the hands of a villan on a Phantasy Star oriented website. That shit was old-hat to PS players back when Areis fanboys were still sobbing into their pillows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-04-17 14:02 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Apr 17, 2007, 04:00 PM
my favorite is the beast on moatoob who took the last name of vol as well...mikua tesran thus far is cool too

DikkyRay
Apr 17, 2007, 04:01 PM
On 2007-04-17 13:48, CrimsomWolf wrote:
btw I wonder how duel between Magashi and Karen would look like...

If i still had photoshop, i would totally make something like that XD

ShinMaruku
Apr 17, 2007, 05:16 PM
Tonnio becuase he proves that Beasts are black people...
(Seriosly they darker than everybody else they all spaz out with power and...)
Or being honest tis PostG.O.D Ethan.

Nobo
Apr 17, 2007, 05:33 PM
No doubt about it Lumia shes just like runnin around in her skimpy clothes might as well have you see her the most. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

ZEO_X
Apr 17, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-04-16 16:32, Xaeris wrote:
This poll fails due to a lack of Lou. "You can't have one." That scene all by itself made the story mode worth it.

I was going to vote for Lou for the same reason.

Kylie
Apr 17, 2007, 06:21 PM
Maya or Laia - more so Maya.

MattTheShark
Apr 17, 2007, 07:32 PM
I'd have to say either Karen or Leo...or Tylor now that I think of it

Rashiid
Apr 17, 2007, 07:36 PM
no Hal? she was smexy w/ the news reports!

but, my favorite team was Tonnio and the Linna, they were like my little henchmen!
(i hope the whole 'beasts are older then they look', cauz Tylor looked like a pedophile o.0)

MattTheShark
Apr 17, 2007, 08:15 PM
ugh, I cringed every time I heard her do the news report, it was so...bad... >.<

Parn
Apr 17, 2007, 08:18 PM
They should have had Apollo Smile voice Hal. She was the voice of Ulala, after all...

Zantra
Apr 17, 2007, 08:20 PM
Ulala > Hal FTW!

Schubalts
Apr 18, 2007, 06:46 AM
I'm not seeing NAV up there!

Robot Master Roshi > all

APEXi
Apr 18, 2007, 06:49 AM
i liked the tall beast chick in moatoob that walks around over in the area between the gate to the other planets and the shops

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2007-04-18 04:49 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Apr 18, 2007, 06:53 AM
On 2007-04-18 04:49, APEXi wrote:
i liked the tall beast chick in moatoob that walks around over in the area between the gate to the other planets and the shops

that is either the vol chick that keeps telling ethan to lick her boots or the fat woman trying to get you to join her mining camp...can't remember which.

APEXi
Apr 18, 2007, 06:54 AM
probably the former. remember her being pretty hostile

DurakkenX
Apr 18, 2007, 06:56 AM
On 2007-04-18 04:54, APEXi wrote:
probably the former. remember her being pretty hostile

yeah, she's one of my favorites that i noticed on my first play through. She's incredibly funny. Though it is nice to note that there are actually 5 NPCs with the name Vol and none of them are blood related nor are they their given names except for 1

PJ
Apr 18, 2007, 07:09 AM
Ethan is a very stereotypical anime personality, only better. I dunno why everyone's obsessed with hating him. Maybe I'm the only one who likes the dork to cool story http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Most animes have characters with FAR less depth and personality to them, yet they are somehow said to be good characters. I dunno, the only REAL bad character I can think of in PSU is Laia, cause as I THINK Sinue said, her anger seems forced, not, in my point, as a bad writing thing, but because she's... actually, maybe it IS a bad writing thing. It feels like they're trying to make her a hatable character, but if she's gonna be the main character of the expansion story (I assume), why should we start off hating her right off the bat?

She's fine with being loud and ugly, but that doesn't change the fact...

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 18, 2007, 07:17 AM
Yeah, I agree about Laia, she's one character whom I have trouble sympathising with. Why can't she be more like Karen, the tough chick who doesn't have to be so immature and hostile to every single person she sees that she doesn't agree with. Oh yeah, I also don't like Kou Taragi and the Vol brothers, although they do give some comic relief.

Parn
Apr 18, 2007, 07:40 AM
Because if she were more like Karen, then she wouldn't be Laia, and folks would then be complaining that she's just a Karen wannabe.

Personally, the only character I've found to be obnoxious is Rutsu. At least Laia has a personality. Rutsu acts all regal up until the Maiden speaks, at which point he turns into a sniveling Yes Man. ARGH.

Nai_Calus
Apr 18, 2007, 08:19 AM
I stopped playing story mode after Mirei died due to it pissing me off to no end(Rule number one of PS Club: You do not make cheesy references to Nei. Rule number two of PS Club: You DO NOT make cheesy references to Nei), but from Parn's comment and the comments of others in the past, as something of a Lutz fanboy he pisses me off too and I haven't even really seen him much. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Maya and to an extent Hyuga are the only ones I didn't constantly drive through a wall. Someone mentioned Maya reminding them a bit of Elly, and I have to agree. She does remind me a bit of Elly. Not nearly on Elly's level of sheer awesome, only Alis Landale can rival Elly Person for awesome in the PS franchise(No, fucking serious. Elly owns so hardcore it's not even funny), but still good eye candy and an entertaining personality. (OK, Elly and Alis are around tied, and Kyra comes in a close third. I digress)

And the next person to spell Alys Alis gets smacked upside the head with the Psycho Wand.

Damn I'm bitchy today.