PDA

View Full Version : har/quick vs me/quick

majan
Apr 16, 2007, 12:42 PM
/quick users,speak up.I want to know if is worth it to hunt the elusive har/quick from that peice of shit manbearpig asshole onmagoug.Ive seen it said in previous discussiions that its reallyn ot all that worth it to get it because the speed increase is so minimal compared to me/quick,and it isnt worth the extra -70 tech that it penalizes.

Im using a me/quick right now and I definitely say Im extremely satisfied but Im wondering how much better itll be to go with the har/quick.

on a sidenote,Cherry,please do not post that pitiful video of you soloing lab s2 to demonstrate the har/quick.that is a sped up (90+fps I would guess) video that was posted to do nothing but draw attention to yourself.

now if anybody else out there has a video that can demonstrate LEGITIMATELY,that would be fabulous.

the main reason Im saying this is because the /quick units dont speed up the animation of the cast,just the delay time between the chirp of the cast,and the actual magic taking place.so its not the whole 'windup,chirp,rabarta,rewind',it just concerns the time between the 'chirp' and the 'rabarta'.thats why the me/quick's 100 % compared the the har/quicks 150/200%(im not sure the exact number)seems satisfactory when its only speeding up that part.any faster on that part of the spellcasting would probably not make a whole hell of a difference,which his why the question remains as stated.

btw,if you are a force on the fence about hunting a quick unit,i STRONGLY reccomend doing it.this thread is not knocking the units,Im just trying to figure out if its worth the trouble hunting hte better one becasue its rather questionable IMHO.

thanks guys.discuss.

and answer the poll quuestion.

Cz
Apr 16, 2007, 12:43 PM
har/quick! cause i want to level my spells faster. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

majan
Apr 16, 2007, 12:44 PM
right that obvoiusly makes sense but Im asking how much faster it is to be worth pursuing it.

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 12:46 PM
The only difference other than tech loss is the speed difference with Gi-spells. Both are the same when it comes to the other spells. We ran several tests with two forces on howrods, one had a har/quick, the other had a me/quick. But it comes to preference and if you want your palette to look good. Also depends if you are willing to lose 100tp for faster gi-spells or just 30tp.

majan
Apr 16, 2007, 12:49 PM
ah.I see.would you happn to have a video of that that you can post?

Mikaga
Apr 16, 2007, 12:53 PM
Me / Quick gains like 0.15 seconds per tech over nothing. I suspect the Har / Quick makes it about 0.3 seconds.

Either way, the difference in videos and in terms of "techs per minute" is pretty minimal. Suppose a tech takes ~2 seconds from button press to "can press button to start next one". That means you'd get 30 casts per minute. With a Me / Quick you'd get just over 32 and maybe 35 with a Har / Quick.

The important difference is not how fast you get to fire technics - it's how easily you can. The faster you can get a tech out, the sooner the tech lands - vital for Resta or Reverser. In addition it cuts the time a monster gets to move out of the way of attack technics, as well as their ability to stop you casting any tech by smacking you in the face.

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 12:53 PM
We were just running some field tests out of curiosity. I wished we made a video to prove it. both are good units, seems me/quick drops more frequently than har/quick.

majan
Apr 16, 2007, 12:59 PM
indeed,mikaga.I think its definitely more than .15 seconds though especially with gi-spells.only a demonstration would tell.

and yeah cyar,I beleive you,I just wanted to see for myself.I have yet to run into somebody with a har/quick in game to see if we can run some tests.theonly person I saw was out in a lobby.
yeah,I check random inventories.

Sasamichan
Apr 16, 2007, 01:42 PM
On 2007-04-16 10:42, majan wrote:
on a sidenote,Cherry,please do not post that pitiful video of you soloing lab s2 to demonstrate the har/quick.that is a sped up (90+fps I would guess) video that was posted to do nothing but draw attention to yourself.

Ok, you f'n n00b:

1. Cherry never posted him/herself soloing lab s2
2. S/he posted the time after the mission was completed
3. Cherry wasnt demenstrating the Har/quick
4. The video was sped up cause at the normal speed was a bigger file
5. Cherry>you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2007-04-16 11:44 ]</font>

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 01:54 PM
To the OP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1IQVLnJvfo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb8ASDVSf0s

On 2007-04-16 11:42, Sasamichan wrote:

Wait, what?

Just a question, how much do you weigh?

Criss
Apr 16, 2007, 02:05 PM
On 2007-04-16 11:54, Sychosis wrote:
To the OP:

Wait, what?

I lol'd.

Yukichi
Apr 16, 2007, 03:25 PM
The way I see it, me / quick is a B rank unit, and I can benefit from it with a low leveled character. Compared to har / quick, it is also much easier to get.

Because har is a A rank unit, I feel it isn't really worth my time to acquire. I would much rather use some of the other A rank force units instead.

So to sum it up, I love me / quick very much and feel it does it's job well enough. Har / quick seems interesting, but it seems there are better things to fish for.

Finae
Apr 16, 2007, 04:00 PM
har/quick worth hunting for currently? No, I suggest you just wait on Eastern Peril S2 for that.

Me/quick is fine and from the videos I saw, there wasn't a significant difference between the two. Many people including myself just use me/quick over har because of the tp decrease. Some peeps refused har/quick and wanted me/quick due to that lol. 30 from me/quick is fine as it cancels out with my hiragi-senba basically. Even though my gf's character is human, I don't like that -100 tp loss just for a millisecond of a difference in speed lol. Even if you are newman, I wouldn't like that -100 tp loss. And you know Beasts and Casts should use a me/quick anyways as you're gimped in tp (or a /charge unit). Now I know the "elites" out there will say -100 tp doesn't matter as they didn't really notice the loss in damage. Well I guess we could say the difference in tp between a human and newman don't matter either and basically we all do the same amount of damage lol. You could also say that 280 tp sori/tech charge offers does nothing either. I'm the type of person that likes to think that every little increase you get counts for something and adds on more and more to overall damage.

But I am a rare collector so when EP S2 comes out, I will hunt for it just to add it to my collection. If you're all about damage, you may want to invest in a /charge unit (i.e sori/tech charge for example) that raises tp rather than using me or har quick.

norrisj15
Apr 16, 2007, 05:48 PM
all i got to say is i got har/quick and i love it. the only unit I'd rather have is soritech/charge.

MomoHana
Apr 16, 2007, 06:00 PM
I got Har from Onma :3

pso123hrf
Apr 16, 2007, 06:49 PM
GOD I love bread...bagels, toast, plain bread, peanut butter <_>

Remember kiddies, if someone calls you a noob, it means they have no life >_<

Sio
Apr 16, 2007, 06:58 PM
I use Har/Quick (well deserved find on a solo run http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif). Its great,the speeded up casting is very noticable on rods. The tp decrease is not much of a problem as a newmen by all means hehe, the speed makes up for it imo.

Tra
Apr 16, 2007, 07:33 PM
lol drama without me even having to post

majan, if you really think I sped my video up, why don't you get a har/quick for yourself? You said it yourself you have a me/quick, go see how fast you cast a gi-tech. It's fast right? Now compare it to my "oh so sped up" video. It's slightly faster. I don't have to convince you, I'm just saying you're a fucking idiot.

oh hey perfect! Sychosis linked the perfect video to prove it.

compare that to my video, which I won't link cause you don't want to

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tra on 2007-04-16 17:38 ]</font>

majan
Apr 16, 2007, 07:43 PM
On 2007-04-16 17:33, Tra wrote:
lol drama without me even having to post

majan, if you really think I sped my video up, why don't you get a har/quick for yourself? You said it yourself you have a me/quick, go see how fast you cast a gi-tech. It's fast right? Now compare it to my "oh so sped up" video. It's slightly faster. I don't have to convince you, I'm just saying you're a fucking idiot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tra on 2007-04-16 17:34 ]</font>

I apologize to you and to all that Im a fucking idiot.apparently my eyes are failing me when volfus spawn,run,and die,in fast motion.not to mention that your dambarta ticks a hell of a lot faster than ours.I guess har quicks speed that up too then,eh?not only is the casting animation in your video faster,but the techs actually happen a lot faster,as in the graphic of gidiga casting and the bigass organge crap pounding the ground.quick units speed up the delay of the cast,not the actual graphic spell casting...the only thing that would make the graphics onscreen happen as fast as they did is not a har/quick,its clever video editing.which is what me and another thousand people seemed to have noticed in the video.

and,someone who posts 'do as much damage as me in lab s2 and I might not kick you' sounds like a fucking idiot to me...particularly when it had nothing remotely to do with the topic.

and in response,your video is A HELL of a lot faster than my casting with a me/quick,which serves to prove my theory and the rest of the consensus that your video was just a tad bit sped up.

Tra
Apr 16, 2007, 07:45 PM
On 2007-04-16 17:43, majan wrote:
[quote]On 2007-04-16 17:33, Tra wrote:

and in response,your video is A HELL of a lot faster than my casting with a me/quick,which serves to prove my theory and the rest of the consensus that your video was just a tad bit sped up.

1. use a wand
2. you have a me/quick, not a har/quick

do you play on pc/ps2? do you want for me to personally show you?

majan
Apr 16, 2007, 07:45 PM
On 2007-04-16 11:54, Sychosis wrote:
To the OP:

Wait, what?

thank you sychosis.I was at school when I made that post so I didnt feel like digging up that video.

majan
Apr 16, 2007, 07:51 PM
no Im on 360 but I think Im pretty sold on the me quick frankly...the -70 tech seems a lofty price for just a smidge faster gi-techs.do you notice a significant damage decrease with the har?cus I went from using a sta/force which gives +50 to a me quick with -30 and I hardly even noticed a decrease....iny our mega-ultimate opinion,did you personally notice a difference in the damage?or will it be a similar jump like sta force --> me quick

and yea Im a mayrod guy cus howrods arent really worth teh hassle for an extra 50 or so..if Im filthy rich and have nothing to do witht he cash then Ill start making some how's...mayrods are even stronger than the best cane available right now,and they map more techs.though I do throw my gi spells on the cane every now and then and it is like tasty fresh baked cake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-04-16 17:53 ]</font>

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 07:55 PM
But Sasami already said you sped it up. By the way, what kind of strengthening exercises do you do? You must have genitals of steel to support that kind of weight hanging off it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Tra
Apr 16, 2007, 07:59 PM
that 70tp isn't that much when your total TP is above 1800 (like 30 less damage on gi-techs and 50 damage on diga), but somebody has calculated it a long time ago

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=14251&highlight=

majan
Apr 16, 2007, 08:09 PM
O.O fuckin 576 for a +10 gacros?!?!?I had it at +7 and it was 512-ish....before the fucking peice of shit broke on me >.> or I coudl be remembering wrong.probably.but that post makes sense.I guess Ill stick wiht my me/quick till a har/quick just happens to mosey its way into my inventory.

also what kinda sucks is that you gotta lash out for the a - rank armor...Ive been using this 28% ice gi senba for like 5 months and its saved my life more times than I can count.Im pretty damn satisfied and Im kinda a fan of the idea of ageha-senba + ageha kikami ...been synthign mass of them with dark element..getting nothing but FUCKING 10 AND 18%s.....

makes sense though I guess.faster = better dps in the end...

Tra
Apr 16, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-04-16 18:09, majan wrote:
O.O fuckin 576 for a +10 gacros?!?!?I had it at +7 and it was 512-ish....before the fucking peice of shit broke on me >.> or I coudl be remembering wrong.probably.but that post makes sense.I guess Ill stick wiht my me/quick till a har/quick just happens to mosey its way into my inventory.

also what kinda sucks is that you gotta lash out for the a - rank armor...Ive been using this 28% ice gi senba for like 5 months and its saved my life more times than I can count.Im pretty damn satisfied and Im kinda a fan of the idea of ageha-senba + ageha kikami ...been synthign mass of them with dark element..getting nothing but FUCKING 10 AND 18%s.....

makes sense though I guess.faster = better dps in the end...

Well, I think you should just stick with a majimra, you'll need to blow some 1.5mil meseta worth of grinders and store bought w'gacros on average to get 1 to +10

and well, worry about the A armor after you get the unit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

majan
Apr 16, 2007, 08:22 PM
yea unfortunately i decided not to test my luck synthing majimras so I went the idiot way and bought one outta someones shop for 330k....pretty ridiculous for an item that will be available eventually for 250k at most,but I was greedy.I was 3/3 getting mayrods with my buddy's tech bot so i was not about to tempt fate.besides,I have a striking bot that Im saving luck for cus my cast needs good element weapons more than my techer needs more than one majimra.just got 2 lidras though to go with my kikamis,and the bow.tryin to mix the build up a little bit.working fairly well

but yea on topic,anybody else have a link or some kinda video comparison other than the one that shows them side by side like sychosis posted?if not then I think our businses here is taken care of

Arika
Apr 17, 2007, 04:17 AM
everyone who got har/quick love it
worth hunting? not, if you have me/quick,
better ? Yes
har/quick is cooler anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

aya07
Apr 18, 2007, 03:13 PM
hey, i want a har/quick despite what everybody says about it lol. Yea its -100tp but its still pretty good. I have a halp serafi, a me/quick and some other stuff and would be willing to trade for one if anyone is interested lol

Witchblade56
Apr 18, 2007, 04:43 PM
I dont know, I prefer Me / Quick over Har / Quick.

Then again i wouldnt even consider a Har / Quick if i were any other race than Newman. DPS while attempting to do fast runs can be modded one of two ways for forces.

You have tech charge units and the quick units. You also should account for overall PP used to arrive at the same goal that you would with the tech charge units. That is of course if you do decide to mince onions over everything else.

at any rate i have to cut this short, Ill get back to the thread in a nit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Nobo
Apr 18, 2007, 04:46 PM
Its not worth it to pay more and lose more TP to get a little faster for Har/Quick http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Witchblade56
Apr 23, 2007, 02:47 PM
Ok *coughs*

To continue my thoughts on the Har / Quick vs Me / Quick topic *resurrects it from 5 pages back*...

This past weekend i made the aqcuisition of a Har / Quick unit. Originally I liked Me > Har. My thoughts were that the TAP loss wasnt worth it.

I can now say that i love my Har unit. I prefer it over the Me / Quick unit I had. The TAP loss => reduction in damage output is negligable compared to the speed at which i cast my Debuffs/nukes/restas. The speed at which my spells cast has saved my merry group of friends while doing S rank runs more than a few times this weekend.

For boss fights I put on my Te / Tech Charge for a boost in dmg =)