PDA

View Full Version : boss fights in psu...

majan
Apr 16, 2007, 01:10 PM
now,dont assault me,because I havent done fakis S yet.but Ill take everybody's word for it that its a real rip...as in,a good old fashioned "I will fucking end your life" kinda fun challenging boss fight.other than that though,I find boss fights in psu to be a major letdown compared to those found in pso.

who remembers the olga flow boss fight?"test subject disposal area"?foggy little tunnel leading to the boss warp?the music alone in that fight is worth doing it.truly an honor to be slaughtered by him.THAT was a boss fight.

gal gryphon?who had a more intense array of attacks than that bastard?

dark falz?who else STEALS your fucking soul?well,besides olga flow of course.

compare those to the likes of strange and obnoxious onmagoug,and his strangely identical moatoob cousin,dimmagolus.de ragan?eh...de ragnus can be kinda fun on S rank,but nothing compared to the pso bosses.

Cz
Apr 16, 2007, 01:14 PM
the bosses in PSU arent very unique. >.> Like De Ragan....how many ver. of him are in this game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif and then...Onma...>.> I have to say that Dulk Falkis second form is probably the best looking boss in the entire game right now. -_-

Swordstorm
Apr 16, 2007, 01:15 PM
Even the Ice Dragon, and regular Dragon had some interesting aspects. Like burrowing underground and going in circles, or just making a mad dash for you. And, that Machine Boss in the mines was fun.

amtalx
Apr 16, 2007, 01:19 PM
Fakis is by far the best boss in PSU. I don't find it too too difficult. Being a ranger helps a lot though. I hope the expansion has more to offer than a handful of bosses with different textures slapped on.

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 01:21 PM
The bosses in PSO were just as bad.

Not sure where all these awesome bosses are coming from.

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 01:21 PM
They should up De Ragon on S and higher with having one or two more De Ragon's in the same battle.

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 01:23 PM
Well, he's refering to the funnier/livelier battles that were on the PSO like De Rol Le, Olga Flow, and Dark Falz. Somewhat more of an actual boss battle compared to the ones currently on PSU with exception for Dulk Falkis S.

Parn
Apr 16, 2007, 01:26 PM
Eh, nostalgia's kicking in a little too hard, I think. PSO had its own issues... like Dark Falz using Grants. Why is the ultimate deity of darkness using the ultimate light technique? And with extreme proficiency at that, enough to kill players over and over unless they're overleveled for the fight?

Neith
Apr 16, 2007, 01:35 PM
People had trouble with Olga? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

People slate PSU's bosses because their definition of boss is De Ragan.

No-one really does Magas Magahnna, or Dulk Fakis often. Those two are really nice boss fights. I prefer Magas myself, but Fakis is challenging I guess.

Thing about bosses is, the so-called 'epic' fights are usually so because they're cheap.

PSOBB's Episode 4 boss could OHKO any character with too much HP, Gal Gyphon would trample you to death in the same situation, Olga's only dangerous attack (realistically) was his God's Punishment, which would tend to only hit Hunters anyway.

As much as I defend PSO, its boss fights were, if anything, easier than PSU's, unless you were stupidly underleveled.

Put it this way, you could solo Dark Falz in Ultimate on PSO. Soloing Dulk Fakis S on PSU may be doable, but you certainly wouldn't gain money.

AweOfShe
Apr 16, 2007, 01:37 PM
I liked Olga Flow... Until I realized that all I was doing was trying to break his ankle, until he falls over, and dies because he was just too big. The impact of him falling was what killed him, and not actually me. What a pansy. Totally not cool. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Though I will admit, his ankles ARE pretty leet, to take that much damage. O.o

EDIT2: My grammar sucks. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-04-16 11:44 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Apr 16, 2007, 01:40 PM
I love when people try to hide in the cave during Magas Magahnna S only to be skewered by hid sword.

TorterraEndor
Apr 16, 2007, 01:41 PM
Only difference between PSO and PSU bosses is PSOs bosses exp was too high for the little effort needed.

PSU is way less about bosses giving uber exp.

Sol-Edge
Apr 16, 2007, 01:42 PM
I agree with Uriko on both the bosses she mentioned and I beleive Magas Magahnna is hands down the most tough boss in this game. I just wish more people fought him =/ on S he's very tough and fun.

Criss
Apr 16, 2007, 02:16 PM
You people need to fight Magas Magahna.

I did a Desert Goliath S run with friends like two days ago... and that was the most fun I've had in a long time. XD The army of Grinna Bete S decimating your party, then Magas to top it off... The meseta in my wallet took a hit, but I still need to do that more often. XD

amtalx
Apr 16, 2007, 02:18 PM
I've only done Magas once. I was very happy to be a ranger that day. I think I was the only person to die less than 5 times.

Tra
Apr 16, 2007, 02:23 PM
Did nothing but magas maggahna til I was 80 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Never got bored of that fat motherfucker

RadiantLegend
Apr 16, 2007, 02:23 PM
<_< olga is not easy solo online with a hucast and no handgun or zalure.

Falz barta > Fakis planet attack.

Enough with pso

I find Magas Magahna more challenging than dulk fakis.

(This game could use 3 epsilons, i want to see more deaths)

majan
Apr 16, 2007, 08:02 PM
On 2007-04-16 11:35, UrikoBB3 wrote:
People had trouble with Olga? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

People slate PSU's bosses because their definition of boss is De Ragan.

No-one really does Magas Magahnna, or Dulk Fakis often. Those two are really nice boss fights. I prefer Magas myself, but Fakis is challenging I guess.

Thing about bosses is, the so-called 'epic' fights are usually so because they're cheap.

PSOBB's Episode 4 boss could OHKO any character with too much HP, Gal Gyphon would trample you to death in the same situation, Olga's only dangerous attack (realistically) was his God's Punishment, which would tend to only hit Hunters anyway.

As much as I defend PSO, its boss fights were, if anything, easier than PSU's, unless you were stupidly underleveled.

Put it this way, you could solo Dark Falz in Ultimate on PSO. Soloing Dulk Fakis S on PSU may be doable, but you certainly wouldn't gain money.

true.maggas maghana is more of a pain in the tits than a challenge,but compared to the others,hes pretty fun.and yes,people had trouble with olga becuase he had that heaven's punishment attack that did somehting liek 1900 damage which was not reducable...translation:forces die immediately...and yea the lord of darkness using a light spell is somehwat strange i guess.still a fun ass battle htough.

even if they werent as challenging,it was just a hell of a whole lot cooler boss cast in the last game.episode 2 bosses alone could throw psu's bosses a beating,even if some were a rendition of ep1 bosses.and the music tore fuckin meat cleaver-sized holes in psu boss music,too.

pineapple
Apr 16, 2007, 08:23 PM
A lot of this just comes down to style, too. The pso bosses just look cooler. Half the PSU bosses are basically the same and the actual boss arena looks pretty much exactly like everything else in the level.

Rashiid
Apr 16, 2007, 08:47 PM
i luv when ppl run in the cave on Maggas Maghana, then get rocket-ed in the face.....

i personaly which that Crimson Beast didnt have De Ragan at the end, hes so boring....

and Fakis....now thats a spankin boss!

Angelo
Apr 16, 2007, 08:57 PM
On 2007-04-16 11:21, Sychosis wrote:

Normally I agree with you in the whole "PSU > PSO" thing.

But bosses were much more dynamic in PSO, that's obvious. De Rol Le, Vol Opt, Dark Falz, they required alot more thought that the stuff in PSU.

I admit I totally miss the 'soul stealing' Falz used to do.

Serephim
Apr 16, 2007, 09:13 PM

Incorrect, they were better than they were now.

PSU bosses phail completely in the "OMG WTF IS THAT" factor.

PSU bosses are awesome, most better than PSO's, but they phail in the same concept that PSU itself fails in : Level Design.

The level/battle design for the PSU bosses are just completely lame.

All the Boss Battles in PSO comprised of the bosses using EVERYTHING at their disposal, Particullarly THE ENVIRONMENT, to finsh you off, or at least to look cool.

The only PSU boss to do that happens to be the big ugly flying thing that throws rocks/koltova (LOL, Win ST) at you.

Heres my trademark long list of awesome PSO comparasions... (yes, again. Stfu >_>)

Dragon = underground burrowing

De Rol Le = moving away from u using water, Turning off the lights, making rocks fall on you.

Vol Opt = He WAS the environment.

Dark Falz = hes just awesome, he diddnt need it. But the spinny things were his i guess, added lots of confusion.

Manta Ray = Pig Rays, nothing special.

Gol Dragon = Coolest of all. Stomping the ground caused "Virtual Earthquakes", and he even made freaking Copies of himself.

Gal Gryphon = Changed my mind. This is defnately coolest of all. He flys through rocks, its RAINING, and he can summon huge tornados and even cool looking Lightning.

Olga Flow = Different from Falz. He uses the falling Elevator Scene to his advantage, and most of his most powerful 2nd form attacks caused waves of enegry and Ceiling boulders to crash down.

Saint Million = This guy is just f(cking awesome. From the moment the fight starts hes cool.

PSU bosses all comprise of a pretty awesome looking enemy stuck in the middle of a really large wide open area of the same environment you were in playing through the stage. The environment never changes, the CAMERA angle never changes (which sucks completely), and the music usually sucks. They never use the environment either.

ONLY exception would be Fulkis, Which has pretty cool music, has tons of camera angles and attacks that cause you to direct attention to RUNNING and DODGING rather than PA spamming, and is the only boss in the ENTIRE GAME with more than 1 form / a different fucking environment. (which is pretty awesome btw.)

In all reality, Falkis is cooler than Dark Falz part 3, but i enjoy Falz 3 better because the music is SOOOOOO awesome for that match.

Olga Flow still rapes Falkis though.

Which is why im asking, has the expansion showed ANY changes in terms of level design? Im seeing them freaking copying bosses but never doing anything new and orginal.

I really hope the part of Sonic Team isnt the same part who have been shitting out the Sonic Games as of late, because that deducts that PSU will NEVER be better than PSO in terms of sheer level design and feel. But the expansion is looking DEFINATELY like a step foward though.

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-04-16 18:57, Angelo wrote:

Normally I agree with you in the whole "PSU > PSO" thing.

But bosses were much more dynamic in PSO, that's obvious. De Rol Le, Vol Opt, Dark Falz, they required alot more thought that the stuff in PSU.

I admit I totally miss the 'soul stealing' Falz used to do.

Are you serious? Pretty much everything in PSO runs on some fairly stiff patterns.

Examples:
Every time Dragon plops into the ground (wtf? dragons in the ground?) he zooms around 3 times and pops back up, then slams down to the ground again.

Vol Opt will always do his pillar dropping move twice, then heal, etc., etc.

They usually only have one or two splits where they have some diversity in attack patterns, but it certainly does NOT require more thought than PSU.

Hell, just look at the boss guide for Barba Ray:

Normal:
Photon Shot -› Pig Ray Down -› Poison -› Pig Ray Up -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Left -› Poison -› Photon Shot -› Pig Ray Left -› Poison -› Pig Ray Down -› Laser -› Pig Ray Up -› Pig Ray Up -› Pig Ray Left -› On Raft -› Laser -› Pig Ray Right -› Photon Shot -› On Raft -› Photon Shoot -› On Raft -› Pig Ray left -› Laser -› Repeat

Hard:
Photon Shot -› Pig Ray Right -› Poison -› Pig Ray Left -› Photon Shot -› On Raft -› Pm Raft -› Pig Ray Left -› On Raft -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Right -› On Raft -› On Raft -› Photon Shot -› Pig Ray Right -› Poison -› Pig Ray Left -› Pig Ray Left -› Pig Ray Up -› Pig Ray Up -› Laser -› Pig Ray Down -› Poison -› Pig Ray Down -› Pig Ray Up -› Photon Shot -› On Raft -› Laser -› Pig Ray up -› Pig Ray Left -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Left -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Right -› Pig Ray Up -› Repeat

Very Hard:
Photon Shot -› Pig Ray Left -› Ul Ray Left -› Poison -› Pig Ray Right -› Photon Shot -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Right -› On Raft -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Left -› On Raft -› Photon Shot -› Pig Ray Right -› Poison -› Pig Ray Left -› Pig Ray Right -› Pig Ray Left -› Ul Ray Right -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Left -› Pig Ray Up -› Ul Ray Down -› Laser -› Pig Ray Down -› Poison -› Pig Ray Down -› Pig Ray Left -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Left -› On Raft -› Photon Shot -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Right -› On Raft -› Photon Shot -› Ul Ray Up -› Ul Ray Up -› Laser -› Pig Ray Up -› Repeat

Ultimate:
Photon Shot -› Pig Ray Right -› Ul Ray Right -› Poison -› Ul Ray Right -› Pig Ray left -› Pig Ray Left -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Right -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Right -› On Raft -› Photon Shot -› Ul Ray Right -› Poison -› Pig Ray Left -› Pig Ray Left -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Left -› On Raft -› Ul Ray Up -› Laser -› Pig Ray Up -› Pig Ray Down -› Ul Ray Down -› Poison -› Photon Shot -› Pig Ray Left -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Down -› On Raft -› Photon Shot -› Pig Ray Right -› On Raft -› Pir Right -› On Raft -› Pig Ray Up -› Ul Ray Up -› Laser -› Pig Ray Up -› Repeat

Boss fights in PSU require way more thinking on your feet than PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-04-16 19:16 ]</font>

Angelo
Apr 16, 2007, 09:19 PM
So you're basically saying the PSO bosses would be good if their attack patterns were randomized?

Zorafim
Apr 16, 2007, 09:31 PM
On 2007-04-16 19:14, Sychosis wrote:

I tended to of thought much more in PSO fights than in PSU fights. In PSO, I could actually work to dodge attacks, and knew when to attack. Here, most attacks can't be dodged anyway, so I may as well just keep attacking and pop a mate.

Hath_Wrobo
Apr 16, 2007, 09:33 PM
Thinking about this even more, there could be another reason why PSU bosses seem to lack something.

For one, I think some of the areas you fight these bosses are way too big and unnecessary. I mean, de ragan would seem like a much harder boss if you actually had to be near him.

Secondly and most importantly, every boss in PSO had attacks that if you stood still, you would definitely get hit. Now, think about this, many of the PSU bosses' attacks can be easily dodge by just staying a fairly good distance away. De ragan, De ragnus, Onmagoug, and Dimmagolus can be easily beaten if you took advantage of the field size, staying a maximum distance away while still dealing damage with guns.

That could also be the reason why Fakis, Magus, and Aghanna are really fun to fight, because they either A) have a smaller field to fight in (Fakis) or B) Have attacks that force you to dodge no matter how far away you are. (Missiles and guns from Agahna and Magus, and pretty much everything for Fakis) That can be the reason why people enjoy fighting these three, because no matter how far away from you are from them, you are still in danger. It keeps you on your toes. That's the fun that I see.

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 09:34 PM
De Ragan = Flying through the sky. Not just going into the air, but sweeping around. The central dome was not big enough to truly demonstrate how well Dragon could fly.

De Rol Le = moving away from u using water, Turning off the lights, making rocks fall on you.

Returning in AoI so uh, yay?

So is Fakis form 1 >.>

Gol Dragon = Coolest of all. Stomping the ground caused "Virtual Earthquakes", and he even made freaking Copies of himself.

Not sure where you're going with this, he wasn't even real, of course he could do crazy shit.

Gal Gryphon = Changed my mind. This is defnately coolest of all. He flys through rocks, its RAINING, and he can summon huge tornados and even cool looking Lightning.

Eastern Peril Omnagoug, he flys, its RAINING, he can summon lightning bolts, and flys off to get rocks to throw at you.

Olga Flow = Different from Falz. He uses the falling Elevator Scene to his advantage, and most of his most powerful 2nd form attacks caused waves of enegry and Ceiling boulders to crash down.

Fakis form 2, causes waves of energy, meteor attack, and you have a kickass background as well.

Saint Million = This guy is just f(cking awesome. From the moment the fight starts hes cool.

And the environment?

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 09:36 PM
On 2007-04-16 19:31, Zorafim wrote:

I tended to of thought much more in PSO fights than in PSU fights. In PSO, I could actually work to dodge attacks, and knew when to attack. Here, most attacks can't be dodged anyway, so I may as well just keep attacking and pop a mate.

That's not thinking on your feet though, that's pattern memorization.

Zorafim
Apr 16, 2007, 09:39 PM
That reminds me, the new De Rol Le type boss doesn't seem as cool for some reason. Could just be because he's fat, or he doesn't swim, or something minor like that.

Omega_Weltall
Apr 16, 2007, 09:46 PM
WTF THERES OTHER BOSSES ONLINE?! I thought there was only DeRagon!. I seen other boss looking monsters but... i thought they were Story Mode only and ditched in later development stages for online mode.

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 09:49 PM
On 2007-04-16 19:46, Omega_Weltall wrote:
WTF THERES OTHER BOSSES ONLINE?! I thought there was only DeRagon!. I seen other boss looking monsters but... i thought they were Story Mode only and ditched in later development stages for online mode.

WTF NO. GO BACK TO CB FOR MAD LEWTZ!

XDeviousX
Apr 16, 2007, 09:55 PM
On 2007-04-16 19:33, Hath_Wrobo wrote:
Thinking about this even more, there could be another reason why PSU bosses seem to lack something.

For one, I think some of the areas you fight these bosses are way too big and unnecessary. I mean, de ragan would seem like a much harder boss if you actually had to be near him.

Secondly and most importantly, every boss in PSO had attacks that if you stood still, you would definitely get hit. Now, think about this, many of the PSU bosses' attacks can be easily dodge by just staying a fairly good distance away. De ragan, De ragnus, Onmagoug, and Dimmagolus can be easily beaten if you took advantage of the field size, staying a maximum distance away while still dealing damage with guns.

That could also be the reason why Fakis, Magus, and Aghanna are really fun to fight, because they either A) have a smaller field to fight in (Fakis) or B) Have attacks that force you to dodge no matter how far away you are. (Missiles and guns from Agahna and Magus, and pretty much everything for Fakis) That can be the reason why people enjoy fighting these three, because no matter how far away from you are from them, you are still in danger. It keeps you on your toes. That's the fun that I see.

Are you kidding? Tha safest place to be in most PSU bass battles is close to the boss itself! De Ragan close by until he raises up to smash down because his fire is easily dodge, and de ragnus is just sad if you hang out by his neck... The boss in the neudaiz temple is sad if you spam stunlock PAs from behind it... Of coarse there are bosses you shouldn't try to bum rush, but Thats another story...

I recently bought a PSO BB account to see how it holds up and although I like the game, it moves slow, it has limitted attacking, its too easy to solo, and the bosses are all easy to defeat as most of them you just have to run around in a circle to dodge their most dangerous attacks and once you know when those attacks happen you can walk through and beat the bosses with little effort. I beat the Dragon at lvl 4 with my force, and del rol at lvl 9 playing solo. Try beating de ragun at lvl 4 with a force and any other boss (besides the seed vance...) at level 9...

FluxGryphon
Apr 16, 2007, 09:58 PM
There's only two versions of the De Ragan - the fire version (De Ragan proper) and Zoalgoug (electric). Same with Onmagoug and Dimmagolus. Now how many different mishes have them is a different story. There isn't much difference (that I've noticed) between the dragon types (just elements), but Onma and Dimma are different in levels of annoying. For one, when you shoot Dimma's wings down, he gets up really quickly. o.< Really annoying for beasts. He also spams that status stun thing and has a Gal Gryphon-like whirlwind assault attack - much more common than Onma's lightning assault of death. It also poisons. ><

As for PSO bosses, there were some serious multi-hit glitches that just increased the cheapness factor. Dark Falz barta? DEATH if it decided it was on multihit mode. And let's not forget on Ultimate there were the little spinning blades of doom (forgot what they're called) that squished you (usually in one hit) if all of them hit at once.

Seems to me bosses in PSO are darker and more alien than the PSU ones. PSU they're part of a developed world, and we all know PSO they were unnatural.

Sekani
Apr 16, 2007, 10:06 PM
Sychosis, you trippin' son.

Even if the bosses in PSO were just patterns, at least they're more than the battles of attrition that most PSU bosses are son. Even with the first Forest 2 dragon you had to know how to dodge the attacks that came you son. In PSU it's just wait until he's done flying then beat him up as much you can son. Even you have to admit there's an appreciable difference son. The music was better at setting the mood too; for the longest time I didn't even know De Ragan had any music at all because I could barely hear it, son. Sorry son, but this is one of the few cases where PSU is inferior to its prequel.

On Magas Maggahna though, while that dude is crazy son, I feel bad for any fortefighters that get dragged into battle with him son.

Para
Apr 16, 2007, 10:15 PM
The difference between PSO and PSU bosses, IN YOUR FACE AND HARD HITTING MOVES. Cmon consider this... Sil Dragon to De Ragan on S2, Sil Dragon by any day can pwn you a lot faster than De Ragan can. Anyone can easily outrun De Ragan but Sil Dragon is fast and he chases you down and just getting stomped once can get yourself pwned easily.

Or how about Olga Flow with his divine punishment 1 hit kill move? Much more exciting imo than watching a meteor hitting you because 1 executes faster than the other. Also the scape dolls being purchasable in PSU sorta killed the death factor for many of us.

If the PSU bosses would only move and attack faster... i would feel more excitement from the battle.

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 10:15 PM
On 2007-04-16 20:06, Sekani wrote:
Sorry son, but this is one of the few cases where PSU is inferior to its prequel ______.

*cough*

Anyway, I think FluxGryphon nailed it with his point on PSO's bosses being foreign, alien, while PSU's are typically known predators that people deal with and try to avoid.

Also, you don't always have to wait for them to come down, you can take two of them out of the sky yourself. And even then:

Dragon, wait for him to pop out of the ground and beat him up.

De Rol Le, Wait for him to hop on the raft and beat him up.

Vol Opt, wait for him to show his ugly mug on the monitors then beat him up. Or in form 2, wait for him to stop attacking, then beat him up.

Falz, wait for him to come out of the sky and beat him up.

Really, the general killing strategies aren't vastly different.

Sekani
Apr 16, 2007, 10:33 PM
Meh, maybe I'd feel better about PSU's bosses if they had better music and weren't all reskins of each other son.

P.S.: In the sentence, son. No one said anything about always at the end son, despite what Ryogen wants you to believe.

FluxGryphon
Apr 16, 2007, 10:42 PM
Even on S2 De Ragan does seem rather lazy. On S Onma is a freaking spazz, won't sit still long enough for most people to get to him. (Handy to know his pattern, of course.)

Another thing that probably contributes to the difference between PSU and PSO bosses is the fact that offline missions are supposed to go fast - therefore the bosses are pathetically easy to skwish. (When prepared of course.) Although online they're considerably tougher to match PC stats, they don't change their pattern or gain any new attacks - in otherwise, they don't change the fast kill pattern.

There's a number of people who agree that the Gol Dova is harder than De Ragan (in Crimson Beast). On S2 he's 5 levels higher (lol), and tends to be a bish to hit 'cause he's galloping and position lagging all over the place.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 16, 2007, 11:56 PM
Most PSU's bosses suck. Let's put it this way, me and Jife can kill Ragnus S under 8 minutes. It takes one fortegunner and one fortetecher to kill it.

Ragan is just sad

Adhana is good, but still easy.

Dimma/Onma are just annoying, not that fun.

Maggas is a cheap ass, but is one of the better boss fights

Falkis S is the best fight so far, still isn't too hard.

PSO's bosses were better, hands down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-04-16 21:57 ]</font>

Umberger
Apr 17, 2007, 12:33 AM
On 2007-04-16 20:15, Para wrote:
Anyone can easily outrun De Ragan but Sil Dragon is fast and he chases you down and just getting stomped once can get yourself pwned easily.

De Ragan sometimes likes to glide extra long and land on -techers for a fairly large amount of damage...most low level/poorly equipped Fortetechers can die from a (sometimes) inescapable attack.

AweOfShe
Apr 17, 2007, 01:04 AM
I wish I could watch De Ragan walk around in circles, fall down when I hurt it really badly, and do absolutely nothing as I keep on killing it, like I did with PSO's Dragon/Sil-Dragon. That's like OMG SO much more exciting. Especially the part where it lays down and does nothing. That's where all the action is at.

I also think my heart skipped a beat when it burrowed under ground. I mean, how would I have KNOWN that it would burrow from one end of the arena, to the opposite end... 3 times... targetting a random party member. Especially after the first 10 times! God, what a heart-wrenching battle!

Pooru
Apr 17, 2007, 02:31 AM
while I must throw in the towel and agree that the boss battles from PSO where indeed more fun than Boss Battles in PSU you guys forget PSO had what episode 1 & 2?

and PSU is still fairly new considering it came out when? 2006 here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif I dunno I have one of those feelings that sega team will tweak it a bunch in the illumnes update thing... then again i love psu too much XD;.

also we didnt have "God Techniques" in PSO (in ex photon arts not counting spells that are similiar in PSO) so perhaps the fact that we where limited to hack-slash-shoot-summon-the-dark-magician-wannabe-magic-ball-pew-pew-im-chargin-my-photon-laser cannon-@-you made it more challenging.

Now that we can actually use skills it makes battling what 75% more easier? if not makes a big difference cause we can endlesssly spam PA's and say a boss battle is nothing cause " we can kill it in under 8 mins or so"

hmmm If i had rares or meseta worthwhile to give I'd make a PSO-World challenge something like

"Play Under PSO gameplay ignoring PSU when doing high ranked missions and record it on youtube" and have people rate the difference from experience.

*shrugs* i think i blabbered too much lol!

Ibuka
Apr 17, 2007, 03:41 AM
Well in my opinion...(So no one take serious cause it's just my opinon)

I say PSO bosses was easier and alot faster to kill... PSO v2 bosses are harder or more cheap then harder then Ep1&2...

Also in PSU the handie cap classes have isn't as bad, where in PSO a RAmarl around lv190 could charge mech gun alot of bosses and kill them off quickly and since she had shifta/deband and resta.
Where a cast had more trouble fighting bosses on PSO cause the lack of no techs to heal or buff them.

PSO to me was if you had resta and nothing killed 1 hit, You was ok cause you can just get back up a heal since you can't really get hurt a few sec's even if the boss attack for alot damage while your on the group.

PSU even if you have resta you can still be killed by bosses

I didn't like the review IGN did on PSU but i will agree with one of them when they said.
"It's either party or die" Which i don't see alot of people soloing PSU bosses unless they have alot of money to waste or want to take a good few mins on a boss fight on S2.

Where in PSO i can solo all the bosses online in ult and win without any trouble... Unless i was a Cast.. But it was only Dark Falz. Ogla is how ever is not so hard with a Cast cause you can move out of the way of most of his attacks where Falz attacks will hit you

But over all PSO bosses was just cooler looking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2007-04-17 01:46 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Apr 17, 2007, 04:21 AM
Dark Falz > Dulk Falkis - even if you ignore every other point and counter point, just because of the stage you fought him on. The sudden shift from opressive darkness to bright and sunny valley... the act of actually having to summon him by opening his Pandora's Box... and the surreal lighting, music, and imagery of the final form you get to explore after defeating him while basking in the afterglow of a tough battle.

Dulk Fakis... his second form stage just doesn't compair... and if you defeat him on just the first form, what's leftover looks disgusting, like a fucking infected and swollen rosebutt or something.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 17, 2007, 05:03 AM
for me this is kind of a push

I like de regan. He is supposed to be easy (he is the firt boss, after all). He has a pretty reconizable pattern, but still mixes it up.

Dimm, and Onma, are pretty lame. There is not enough that non rangers can do when these bosses are flying, which they spend most of thier time doing, and that's lame.

Magas Magahna IS a great boss, I only wish some of his attacks were more dodgeable. I also with hunters had anything they could do once the bottom breaks.

I really like the kumarjari (or whatever it's name is, at the end of rainbow beast. Great mini boss

PsyX
Apr 17, 2007, 11:18 AM
What's the boss at the end of Grove of Fanatics called? The giant robot thing.

He's pretty badass.

CyarVictor
Apr 17, 2007, 11:19 AM
Adahna Degahna

Turambar
Apr 17, 2007, 03:12 PM
I also have to say the kagajibari(sp?) is the best mini boss in the game, simply because of the fact that it is reactive to your ele in its attack pattern. Some of course would claim that adds to its predictability, but meh.

Akaimizu
Apr 17, 2007, 03:19 PM
The mini boss you can control? Of course I like that one. It's a very unique mini boss for me.

Kind of like the Mines Boss in PSU. You had some limited control over him because whatever screens you didn't break were the screens he could show up in. In kind of felt like you had a part in where he could pop up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-17 13:20 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Apr 17, 2007, 03:33 PM
To beat any boss all u have to do is run arond behind it... there is no challenge on any of them...

Finalzone
Apr 19, 2007, 02:22 AM

True. My party were surpised to see De Ragan flying in early battle breaking the linear predictability. De Ragan can even start breathing flame early too.

Serephim
Apr 19, 2007, 04:21 PM
On 2007-04-16 19:34, Sychosis wrote:

De Ragan = Flying through the sky. Not just going into the air, but sweeping around. The central dome was not big enough to truly demonstrate how well Dragon could fly.

(De Ragan is pretty much cooler than the PSO dragon anyway. But, unlike in PSO and like all the bosses in PSU, the Fighting Arena is just so huge it takes away the fun.

For instance, im sure many of you have fought Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 2. Imagine how mother f*cking difficult he would be if your arena was 3x smaller.)

Returning in AoI so uh, yay? (I dont have AoI. AoI isnt even out yet. Fail.)

So is Fakis form 1 >.> (But Fakis Form 1 is freaking ugly. He lags my PS2, and im sure he would lag my 360 if i had one, and im sure he lags your PC as well. Besdies, Fakis Form 1 is a strange case in PSU that happens alot where all the other bosses have huge fighting areas, but his was way too small. If the corridor you fought him on forced you to fight in maybe all directions, like his hands on the side, tail in the back and face in the front, it would be cooler. I just think that wall attack was lame and Annoying.)

Not sure where you're going with this, he wasn't even real, of course he could do crazy shit. (What the hell? None of the PSO bosses were real and still did crazy shit. Hell, if you put it that way, none of the PSU OR PSO bosses are real...-_-)

Eastern Peril Omnagoug, he flys, its RAINING, he can summon lightning bolts, and flys off to get rocks to throw at you. (If your even THINKING comparing the feel of this fight to the Gal Gryphon, im going to kill you AND your family tonight. >_>)

Fakis form 2, causes waves of energy, meteor attack, and you have a kickass background as well. (Fakis isnt as cool as Olga Flow. Although his environment is pretty damn awesome, NOTHING beats the Elevator Fight.)

And the environment?

(Stupid question, hes another example of "he is the environment". You actully had to chase him through walls and stuff, and despite his arena being the same size (or actully smaller...) than the PSU areas, he still manages to own you anyway. (Who cares if hes' cheep, the difficulty is still more fun. If you've ever beated Devil May Cry 3 on higher than normal mode, you'll know how a little cheepness can make a boss fight MUCH more fun to overcome.)

Sychosis
Apr 19, 2007, 04:24 PM
So basically you are saying "PSO bosses are cooler because I like them better and not because they use the environment more?" Ok. Gotcha.

EDIT: And because the Gol Dragon point flew over your head--the Gol Dragon is a VR monster programmed into a test. It's not that he isn't real in real life, but because he isn't considered real within the game.

He doesn't teleport and clone himself because he is "ubarz dragun!" he does it because he is essentially a video game, within a video game.

Sorry, had to clear that up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-04-19 14:28 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Apr 19, 2007, 04:30 PM
Pso Bosses > PSU Bosses.
Dont get me wrong, there are alot of cool things about the bosses. My favorite being there wasnt dozens of missions with the same boss at the end

JAFO22000
Apr 19, 2007, 04:35 PM
On 2007-04-17 13:33, DEM_CIG wrote:
To beat any boss all u have to do is run arond behind it... there is no challenge on any of them...

Ummm...this strategy only works for one boss (Adanha). Not sure how you "get behind" Fakis. Getting behind Dimma and Onma is the same as being in front or to the side of them....they can still hit you! Being behind De Ragan and De Ragnus can easily get you killed by their tail. Maggus Madahna (sp?) is too fast to allow you to get behind him and if you do manage to, he pretty much will teleport away.

I'm not sure how you justify your statement of getting behind them, but it is not a panacea for all bosses. Perhaps if you are level 72 fighting them on C rank getting behind them is a great solution...

-Shimarisu-
Apr 19, 2007, 04:47 PM
PSO is better than PSU because you're all gamers coming out of your teens and hankering after the golden years.

Back when I was your age we all thought 3D sucked and some of us never got over it (thinks of poor, 37 year old friend still playing 80s crap, the saddo.)

chibiLegolas
Apr 30, 2007, 12:28 PM
I gotta say, I agree with most PSO vets. (not couse of nostalgia) The pso bosses where more FUN than PSU bosses.
PSO bosses had that OMG!, puzzle, environmental, unknown edge to them.
Sure, they're easy once you know what their pattern was. But that's easily avoided if they just randomize their patterns. And in the early games when you and your team mates first fight them, it was "FUN" to figure out HOW to fight them properly without wasting your mates/dolls.

PSU, I can imagine, I'd PA spam. Find sensitive spot, shoot/PA spam more, run, repeat.
I want them to mix it up with more puzzling elements.
I want bosses to be immune to various attacks in various stages. Have places to hide in the stage to avoid hits during certain times. Send out drones/decoys. Could be status inflicting annoyances. Could be coppies of himself so only 1 takes the REAL damage from us. Or moving stages where you're foce to all outrun something WHILE trying to catch up to the boss at certain times, etc. There's WAYS to make bosses more interesting!

So far, the only monster in PSU that made me go WTF!? (other than last boss), were the dam bees and megid spewing mobs in LL on S & S2.
Bees cause when most of us HU/RA went up to them, we couldn't figure out why only SOMETIMES you seem to hit them and sometimes you can't. And my wonderful surprise of seeing megid fly everywhere once I step into LL S & S2 mode.
Other than that, it's pretty cut and dry with mobs and bosses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-04-30 10:29 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
Apr 30, 2007, 12:55 PM
Planet chucking fakis beats all pso bosses.

Weeaboolits
Apr 30, 2007, 01:06 PM
On 2007-04-19 14:24, Sychosis wrote:
So basically you are saying "PSO bosses are cooler because I like them better and not because they use the environment more?" Ok. Gotcha.

EDIT: And because the Gol Dragon point flew over your head--the Gol Dragon is a VR monster programmed into a test. It's not that he isn't real in real life, but because he isn't considered real within the game.

He doesn't teleport and clone himself because he is "ubarz dragun!" he does it because he is essentially a video game, within a video game.

Sorry, had to clear that up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-04-19 14:28 ]</font>
Does it honestly matter if it's just VR? A cool boss is a cool boss.

Also, when it comes to Dragon vs. De Ragan, with me the burrowing attack was a major "WTF?!" moment, I see a huge wyvern comin' at me, the last thing I expect it to do is burrow.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 30, 2007, 01:57 PM
@ sychosis: how anyone can compare Onma to Gal Gryphon in terms of playing enjoyment is beyond me.

Onma is ugly, uses a randomized pattern, plus a few special moves when he is close to dead.

the Gryphon was/is awe inspiring. Horrific, strong, as there were subtleties when fighing him (like not using jellen on him, or knowing that short characters would not be hit by his wings when flew low).

Same to for Olga, the entire stage was scary, eerie, and typically a tough fight (unless you were overleveled or a RAmarl)

I'm NOT saying PSU bosses suck, but a lot of them lack the "!!!" factor, as they are not visually stimulating.

...or maybe I'm just bitter because PSU bosses give so little XP.

Sychosis
Apr 30, 2007, 02:06 PM
Well, yes, it does matter.

You see, teleporting, self-replicating dragons that can fly into and out of monitors along the walls would feel out of place in what is supposed to be a real environment. Which is why he is in a VR simulation, and can do the things he does without people saying "wtf is this crap?"

And yes, the Dragon's burrowing attack was a "WTF?!" moment. I believe my words were: "wtf is this crap?"

zanotam
Apr 30, 2007, 02:24 PM
Well PSO had a lot more WTF?!?!? Moments which made it more fun + the bosses were more awe insipring + the reward from bosses was kick ass = overall better bosses taht feel more like bosses rather then stupid piece of shit you gotta beat to get your reward.