PDA

View Full Version : Fastest way to level?

Blazso
Apr 16, 2007, 09:33 PM
So Im new to PSU (level 10, lvl 1 hunter) and I was curious, whats is the fastest way to level up?

ie. should I be soloing or joining up with as many people as possible?

any other helpful noob tips would be appreciated too.

Omega_Weltall
Apr 16, 2007, 09:37 PM
MY advice. Just play and have fun. You'll level.

THEN theres the stat whore l33t wannabes advice: Do Crimson Beast mission for the life of the game. or till a easier mission with more reward comes out.
OH! and neglect real life and bodily needs.

RedX
Apr 16, 2007, 09:40 PM
I find that it goes a lot faster with groups. Get some friends, if you have any yet, and head over and do Vally of Carnage (first mission on Maotoob) for good exp.

Zorafim
Apr 16, 2007, 09:41 PM
Most people just spam the same mission endlessly. You'll know which mission to spend because it'll be the only mission people are actually playing.

Currently, it's Crimson Beast. Next week, probably Eastern Peril. Week after, hopefully Rainbow Beast (S rank twin claws plz).

Sexy_Raine
Apr 17, 2007, 12:46 AM
Between lv10-lv20, System Defense C gives good Exp for soloing. Party with ppl at Endrum C or Grove C for fast EXP at low levels

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-04-16 22:48 ]</font>

MaximusLight
Apr 17, 2007, 12:48 AM
You kill lots of stuff.

Eleina
Apr 17, 2007, 01:38 AM
Just keep on joining partys its the best way!! If there are still Hive B partys going on i would go there otherwise head to crimsom where everyone gather

Criss
Apr 17, 2007, 02:10 AM
My advice, mess around lobbies, join random party, meet people, make friends, and go all around the planets try out all the missions. Sure, you can grind the same missions over and over, but there's no fun in spamming Crimson Beast over and over. Variety makes it fun, and fun makes you want to keep going. So just play, enjoy the game, and you'll level along the way. Just do the hardest difficulty your level allows with a group of friends whenever you go play a mission and levels will pass by without you noticing.

People often complain the game is repetitive and boring... but they're just too narrow-minded to appreciate the huge amounts of missions we currently have. >.>

Allison_W
Apr 17, 2007, 02:24 AM
Moatoob = my stomping grounds. VoC -> Mine Defense -> repeated Tunnel Recapture, if you can hack it, gives sweet XP/MP. (Additionally, the first two are very good for PA leveling, because there are swarms of enemies to smack around and both have photon cubes/healing panels partway through the mission--in fact, Mine Defense has two photon cube/healing panel sets in all of two blocks!)

Now, there's also Train Rescue on Parum's Linear Line... you might want to try it should you ever go Force, but I wouldn't recommend it as a Hunter or Ranger due to BOTS COMING OUT OF ASS. Good MP, though.

Midicronica
Apr 17, 2007, 02:28 AM
On 2007-04-17 00:24, Allison_W wrote:
Moatoob = my stomping grounds. VoC -> Mine Defense -> repeated Tunnel Recapture, if you can hack it, gives sweet XP/MP. (Additionally, the first two are very good for PA leveling, because there are swarms of enemies to smack around and both have photon cubes/healing panels partway through the mission--in fact, Mine Defense has two photon cube/healing panel sets in all of two blocks!)

Now, there's also Train Rescue on Parum's Linear Line... you might want to try it should you ever go Force, but I wouldn't recommend it as a Hunter or Ranger due to BOTS COMING OUT OF ASS. Good MP, though.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Although, once he's a high enough lvl Killer Shot missions like Train Rescue or any robot heavy area a cake walk!

Jey
Apr 17, 2007, 03:20 AM
I don't think he'll be getting fragment PAs anytime soon, lol.

Actually, if you're a sociopath like me, the Story Missions can actually be a pretty good source of low-level xp/mp (i.e., lv20 or lower). I started doing them on my beast hunter at around lv7, ended up finishing the series at lv14ish, then spammed Rescue Hyuga C (the first one) for ~1300xp/5mp every 7-8 minutes at my leisure, skilling up PAs and such.

Honestly though, the best thing you can do early on is make some friends and then drag them around doing every mission in Gurhal. Exp flows in no matter what you do (well, until you hit lv80... then it just becomes depressing), but people worth partying with, hard to find.

Paramedic
Apr 17, 2007, 04:17 AM
I soloed the Linear Line missions until 10. That got me Level 10 and 2 in my class. Afterwards, go straight for Crimson Beast C. Pretty easy run, always people to run it with, and the EXP/MP are very high. I went from a new character to a Level 22, Wartecher 1 in about... 15 hours maybe? Of course, there was plenty of me goofing off and having fun. Not just power-leveling the whole time.

Blazso
Apr 17, 2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks for all the great info everyone,

radical_ryan
Apr 17, 2007, 02:51 PM
u say opensyme an u will lv up 2 lv 100

Mari-P
Apr 17, 2007, 02:57 PM
me was wondering same thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif me did start over and is lvl 13 so advice here wil help me lots thankies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Yuudai_Riisu
Apr 17, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-04-16 19:37, Omega_Weltall wrote:
MY advice. Just play and have fun. You'll level.

THEN theres the stat whore l33t wannabes advice: Do Crimson Beast mission for the life of the game. or till a easier mission with more reward comes out.
OH! and neglect real life and bodily needs.

they neglect it also if they were playing other missions

DEM_CIG
Apr 17, 2007, 03:36 PM
The fastest way to level up is... dont die.

Scion
Apr 17, 2007, 07:34 PM
LMAO...

Desert Goliath >.>

>.<