PDA

View Full Version : Newman: Hunter -> Fortefighter: Bad idea?

DoubleZero
Apr 16, 2007, 11:06 PM
I have a Female Newman Wartecher at level 29. Having Resta and the buffs is handy and all, but the "war" side of Wartecher is pretty weak. I know, she's a newman and all, but I'm a hunter at heart, and teching just isn't my bag.

So my question is this, for all of you Newman Hunters out there: I know the road isn't easy. Would you suggest I re-roll as a Beast, or is Newman Huntering really not as bad as people say it is?

NPCMook
Apr 16, 2007, 11:08 PM
Cue VanHalen!

Megalomax
Apr 16, 2007, 11:08 PM
I didn't like being a Newman Hunter, but Im a Male Newman doing 80 at Lvl: 56 was kinda weird. >.<

AweOfShe
Apr 16, 2007, 11:09 PM
If you aren't about OMG BIG NUMBARZ, then I whole-heartedly say that you should try it out. From actual experience, it's really not that bad. It's just some stat-whores like to take stats on paper as TEH_LAW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-04-16 21:10 ]</font>

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 11:10 PM
Stat wise, go beast. But really, you can play whatever you want. Be prepared however, simply being a Newman Fortefighter, especially female, may get you kicked for no other reason than class choice.

Sekani
Apr 16, 2007, 11:12 PM
There are only two race/class combos that people will actually give you static in-game for, and newman fortefighter is one of them son. They're low-damage resta sponges basically, so you're gonna have to put in some work to make this combo respectably playable, son.

Good luck son.

TorterraEndor
Apr 16, 2007, 11:13 PM
It sucks early on. But at higher levels the stat difference isn't too bad.

You won't be the best statwise, but its easily negligible.

ShinMaruku
Apr 16, 2007, 11:14 PM
Tis nothign wrong with that. If you have Arete it won't matter. Remember somtimes your peers views are bullshit because sometiems you can't listen to people. They are fools.

Pengfishh
Apr 16, 2007, 11:19 PM
Here's what you do:

Arika
Apr 16, 2007, 11:32 PM
hard way, but worth to try, too many newman FT. try to make excusive

Schubalts
Apr 16, 2007, 11:58 PM
Resta sponges? Not anymore than the other Hunters/Fortefighters, especially ones who think they can't die just because someone knows Resta.

Yet to be kicked from any party for being a Fortefighter.

You just have to adjust your playstyle(read: not charge into a group of *insert monster that eats faces* like a retard).

And stat-whores who think everyone should go for "TEH UBAR HY NUMBAZ" can to hell and die.

Alisha
Apr 17, 2007, 12:05 AM
On 2007-04-16 21:13, TorterraEndor wrote:
It sucks early on. But at higher levels the stat difference isn't too bad.

You won't be the best statwise, but its easily negligible.

your joking right? the stat difference becomes exponentially worse as you get higher in level. at 100/10 for females the difference in atp is 1003 > 750 and the difference in hp is 2823 > 2208. it is not negligable since theres NO hp units. you also need to consider a beast will be able to equip weapons and armor sooner. even having said this i would tell you to pick wichever is more apealing to you visually. thats the reason i chose beast female stats had nothing to do with it. they are just a nice perk.

Sekani
Apr 17, 2007, 12:18 AM
On 2007-04-16 21:58, Schubalts wrote:
Resta sponges? Not anymore than the other Hunters/Fortefighters, especially ones who think they can't die just because someone knows Resta.

Yet to be kicked from any party for being a Fortefighter.

You just have to adjust your playstyle(read: not charge into a group of *insert monster that eats faces* like a retard).

And stat-whores who think everyone should go for "TEH UBAR HY NUMBAZ" can to hell and die.

I'm not a stat-whore son, my opinion is based solely on in-game observations. And what's easily observable is that newmans can't take a hit son. Fortefighters fight up close and in the fray, where routinely being smacked for almost half your life bar isn't helpful son.

I'm not telling anyone not to go this route, son. Just saying that this is one combo where you have to be very aware of your weaknesses because other players definitely are son.

Chaobo99
Apr 17, 2007, 12:51 AM
I must be the only newman fortegunner/fortefighter in existance that's acctually a main on X360..here are my upsides and downsides and ways to fix..
*Compared to another race you have decent EVA which helps your weak DFP since your gonna be blocking about 50% of the hits anyways.
* You have low DFP but pick the best available armor and a good body slot unit.As for being smacked around..you won't be so easily..the outrageous DFP of a fortefighter make-up for ur racial DFP.
*You have the 2nd highest racial ATA..meaning you can actually hit water with an axe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif as a fortefighter and make a promising non-miss fortegunner.
*You do have low ATP, it's not outrageously low you CAN do decent damage but nothing compared to a beast/cast. Nothing a good arm slot unit can't fix..i dont care what you get all the power units are good..You can use a hard / power..small PP sacrifice but its good..Solid/power S is also good.
* You have a good MST stat..as a gunner, you have to worry about a monsters long ranged attacks every now and then..aren't they usually technics? They won't do as much damage to you.
* Your HP isn't so high either..but you won't have to spend too much because dimates will work. Other than that, like I said you will block fairly often. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
* To me, the only real thing to worry about is the beast-only stuff that will come out eventually.

Lets just say you are neither good nor bad..if you use everything you can wisely and maybe even become a support fighter/gunner, things will work out great http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
The road isn't so tough..it's just..different.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaobo99 on 2007-04-16 23:13 ]</font>

Eleina
Apr 17, 2007, 01:53 AM
Nothing wrong with a newman FF!!! (seeing as all enemys are weak anyways)

Zael
Apr 17, 2007, 02:09 AM
In before Mikaga

Criss
Apr 17, 2007, 02:25 AM
I say there is no bad race/class mix. Everything can work in this game, as long as the player behind it knows what he's doing. Having an odd mix will only, at worst, make you "disadvantaged". But it will never make a character unplayable or useless, as the usefulness of a character only depends on what the player does with it. A Cast Fortecher who buffs, heals and deals SEs with bows and cards can be more useful to a party than the "better-mix" newman Fortecher who just runs ahead to spam Diga and Dambarta on monsters. I'm sure it would work a similar way with Fortefighter.

Just take whatever you want to, screw what people say is "best". If you want an odd, original character, go for it. All that matters is that you love your character, and that you develop your own successful way of playing it. Sure, you would get much less damage and HP, but you can have your character focus more on, say, stunlocking enemies with skills than doing the raw damage. And you will be doing good damage anyways from at least being Fortefighter, just less than a beast or cast would.

The important thing is to have a character you love. Stronger base stats are just a bonus. That's what's great about PSU, it's not the levels or the race/class that makes a character good, it's what the player does with it.

Edit: Fragged some typos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Criss on 2007-04-17 00:27 ]</font>

Paramedic
Apr 17, 2007, 04:21 AM
While Newmans may not typically "excel" at Hunter and Fortefighter, it is an applicable choice.

Don't look at where you falter, but where you are strong. You may not have as much ATP as a beast, or as much ATA as a CAST. But you have more ATA than a beast, and more EVP than CAST or beast. Of course, EVP is nothing to rely on but it is helpful.

Raysa
Apr 17, 2007, 04:29 AM
VanHalen is a pretty awesome Fortefighter. It doesn't matter enjoy what you do.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 17, 2007, 06:34 AM
Well, lets just say this, if I need help gaining mission points in speed runs for a lowbie character, I would much prefer the help of a Newman Fortefighter over a CAST Fortegunner anyday. Newman Fortefighter shouldn't be a bad choice if you're one of the people who doesn't care much about numbers and such. And yeah, having EVP NEVER hurts, because there are big monsters like Gol Dovas, Palavohras, and Svaltus w/ their tornado sword swings which can do damage and send even a CAST fF flying, and Newmans have the best chance of blockign those. They may also have more of a chance of blocking a hentai worm when they pop out [and cast jellen].

Rust
Apr 17, 2007, 06:38 AM
I dunno for FF, but i can say i have a Fighgunewearl, though still low lvl, and good ATA and EVP she has balance in some way the very poor DFP, blocking most of the blows (it saved my life several times), and you hardly miss even when using PAs that drastically lowers your ATA. The damage, though not as high as CASTs and Beasts, is still pretty good (when i was still hunter 2 or 3, at lvl 16, killin' a lvl 15 Kog Nadd with only a Gravity Strike combo 2 wasn't a matter).
The only present problems i have to face are : the poor ATP still, though not for damage, but for the usable weps (lvl 28 and still can't use some 6* and even 5* melee weapons, ranged are ok) ; and the very low HP (when Kaori was 26, she did Desert Goliath B and Grina Bete C killed her with only two kick/dash hits, same for Magahna's most powerful attacks which took away almost 95 % of her HP without any critical hit ; no need to mention i used a gun to hit him ^-^).
Well, i like to play it though, it gives me big challenge (tryin' to get S with no Dolls except for those i loot, or else it would be boring, havin' nothing to care about dying), and the feel she is a bit different from others (as i think there is not so much Fighunewearl or even Hunter classes Newmen).

Scion
Apr 17, 2007, 09:37 AM
I remember...Rain and I were discussing "gimped" combinations. He said that "You can't really suck in this game...you can really only be mediocre".

Some people have stated already: Us Newmans have really good ATA (not as good as a cast, but it's good), so you could actually make some good use out of most of the weapons since you won't be doing 000000000000000000000000000000 all the time. And also, we have the most MST so you won't be dying from barta or diga or anything else all the time. I know some think it's negligible, but it is a strength and it does come in handy.

I have Hikaru switch to Wartecher from time to time. His damage isn't quite as desirable as I would like, but he can get the job done when it comes to meleeing. He does look sexy hacking and slashing stuff. XD But not as sexy as he looks when he has a Halarod in his hands. XD

Yeah, ignore the numbers. Numbers don't mean shit in this game. I've seen countless Male Beast Hunters, Male Cast Rangers, and Female Newman Forces lack the MAD SKEELZ they need to succeed in missions, even though on paper, they're the optimal Class/Race/Gender/Double Double with Fries and Milk Shake combo.

Don't let anyone tell you how you should play the game. It's your $50 + $9.95/month. Play it however you damn well feel like it! XD

-Hikaru @(n__n)@

Pikku
Apr 17, 2007, 09:53 AM
Here...
Play however way you damn well please and dont care what anyone say.
I wanted to be a hunter ever since PSO but I hated how they look so I stayed a RAmar from 2000-2005.
People told me beast would be good for hunter but I dont care for stats and Im sorry I dont like how beasts look...
So I stayed human and been playing ahd havent had much trouble.
I had a Newman Hunter once but I deleted him and made a CAST (I dont like how Newman males look >.> females.... another story...)
If you care for stats.... be beast.... if you just want to play for "fun" and not to impress anyone. Play however you want. Dont give a damn about what others say.... you might struggle but as long as youre having fun... WHO CARES?!?

majan
Apr 17, 2007, 10:42 AM
On 2007-04-17 02:21, Paramedic wrote:
While Newmans may not typically "excel" at Hunter and Fortefighter, it is an applicable choice.

Don't look at where you falter, but where you are strong. You may not have as much ATP as a beast, or as much ATA as a CAST. But you have more ATA than a beast, and more EVP than CAST or beast. Of course, EVP is nothing to rely on but it is helpful.

on the contrary,evp helps but in the end iwll result in a lot of wasted PP ...
melee-users out there will agree that they hate blocking 5 times in a row while trying to use a PA and wasting half of their twin sabers in the process.its better to have something like a cast with little to no evp so he can just tank the blows rather than block and block because usually it does more harm than good.obvoiusly it helps to block things but sometimes especially with low dmage -dealing mobs its bstter to tank the 90 dmg total that you will take and just do your thing with your pa's.

its better to have high evp as a fortetecher because the mor you block,the more you cancel animation.technics cast generally most of the time so cancelling the animation means no wasted pp,and casting faster.mobs = blocking = fast cast for techers.its fun as hell to cast like 5 gidigas in 4 seconds,especially with a me/quick

but yea somehwat more on topic,a HUNTER newman will be horrible,I can tell you tat much.fortefighter would be a hell of a lot more logical.Im not sure if thats wat you meant in the first place but if it wasnt,lets examine...

you will get bad weapon choice,B rank max of most things.no axes.further,your skills will cap at level 20.your stats probably wont climb to as high as theyw ould as a fortefighter in the long run.

my advice?go beast,or cast,because casts tend to rip shit up with axes due to their racially superior accuracy.where beasts will connect for 1500 damage,casts will do 1-1200 a hell of a lot more often.its a tossup,but the dps between the races as fortefighters is rather debatable.also a question of whether you want super ultra mega crowd control and lab recovery-buster SUV's,or mega-fun nanoblasts.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 17, 2007, 10:54 AM
On 2007-04-17 08:42, majan wrote:

obvoiusly it helps to block things but sometimes especially with low dmage -dealing mobs its bstter to tank the 90 dmg total that you will take and just do your thing with your pa's.

Ok, anyone who spams PAs on little monsters like Polties, Lapuchas, Badiras, or w/e needs to be shot. If you're worried about PP, why not just use your normal attacks on the runts and save your PAs on the grunts, the ones that would do heavy damage, like the all or nothing stuff.

TorterraEndor
Apr 17, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-04-16 22:05, Alisha wrote:
your joking right? the stat difference becomes exponentially worse as you get higher in level. at 100/10 for females the difference in atp is 1003 > 750 and the difference in hp is 2823 > 2208. it is not negligable since theres NO hp units. you also need to consider a beast will be able to equip weapons and armor sooner. even having said this i would tell you to pick wichever is more apealing to you visually. thats the reason i chose beast female stats had nothing to do with it. they are just a nice perk.

ATA? EVP? The HP is a huge difference true, byt 253 ATP isn't nearly as bad as you're making it sound. Especially with +ATP-ATA units(Admittedly, I don't know the ATA of a 80/10 newman FF). Or the unit that boosts ATP but increases PP usage. I clearly said you wouldn't be the best, but theres ways to counter it. Yes, you'd still have the handicaps from these units, but thats what happens when you pick a race for this job.

Its kinda ironic to be a stat whore than make a female a FF.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TorterraEndor on 2007-04-17 09:04 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Apr 17, 2007, 11:06 AM
What's wrong with PA's on small enemies like Badiras especially when you want to get through a run quickly. If you really are concerned about PP, why not invest time into looking or meseta for a Giga / Skill PP Save? I don't see anything wrong with this setup, just don't expect to take hits well. You may have to use a rear assualt or hit and run tactic.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 17, 2007, 11:36 AM
Tell that to the EVP haters. >.>

Kairi_Li
Apr 17, 2007, 11:51 AM
My boyfriend is a female Nueman Fortefighter. I'm a female human fighgunner. Stat wise, I have the advantage.

And yet cause he's a better player, I ended using more scapes than he does. In one mission, I ended up using 5 scapes, our other friend used like 4, and he didn't even use one.

My ATP is higher than his, (I'm 2 lvls above him and we're in our early lvl 60's), yet he kills things faster than me.

So in the end, pick whatver class you want, its the skills that really matter in the end.

More importantly, pick the class YOU want to have fun. The stats are gonna be set in stone somewhat, but the important part is what you want and have fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kairi_Li on 2007-04-17 09:55 ]</font>

Mikaga
Apr 17, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-04-17 00:09, Zael wrote:
In before Mikaga
Actually I'm gonna leave this one topic alone.

Just nobody claim that Newman MST is better than Cast/Beast HP on a Fortefighter, or that their EVP is a benefit.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 17, 2007, 12:45 PM
Well, Newman Fortefighter still has better DFP than Fighgunners of any race. I'm sure they'll still have more HP than a Human Fighgunner as well.

VanHalen
Apr 17, 2007, 06:59 PM
On 2007-04-16 21:08, NPCMook wrote:
Cue VanHalen!

On 2007-04-17 02:29, Raysa wrote:
VanHalen is a pretty awesome Fortefighter. It doesn't matter enjoy what you do.

Woah mentioned twice. That's pretty kickass.

Well I'm gonna give it to you straight since I changed jobs at level 3 I can tell you. From lvl 1-9 you will suck ass. From 10 and up you'll be just fine. Just remember it's not a high damage race/class combination but the difference between you and your Human, Cast, and Beast friends isn't by that much. Plus you have more ATA then a Human and Beast you quick hitting weapons will hit more and with slow weapons such as the axe you'll see less 0s.

NOW. When you change to fortefighter at job level 1 and 2 you will suck again. It won't be like character level 1-9 but it will be a small disappointment. After you hit the 300s in ATP the fun comes back again. EVP is gonna be high depending on how you feel that's a good or bad thing to me it's good I like fast characters.

If your not a big stat whore it's a fun race/class combo it's comparible to bandit or theif classes in other games. I haven't been kicked from a party for being one actually some parties like having me around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .

Err I hope this helps.

EDIT: And your not really a resta sponge cause if your smart you know to carry monomates and other craps. And hey if we are w/e helps lvl resta faster amirite? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-04-17 17:02 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Apr 17, 2007, 07:01 PM
vanhalen rocks

Sychosis
Apr 17, 2007, 07:03 PM
I like when people say you can play anyway you want, then talk about how "shitty" some people are even with optimal class/race/sex choice.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

VanHalen
Apr 17, 2007, 07:04 PM
^I don't remember saying they were shitty. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kimil
Apr 17, 2007, 07:09 PM
Lol, I never see you on anymore Van -_-

Newm FFs are suprizingly workable, I just wish beast forces were too -_______-; pretty please sega, give a little more TP to beast? @_@ ... they are the 3rd class for TP aren't they? T______T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-04-17 17:11 ]</font>

Sychosis
Apr 17, 2007, 07:10 PM
On 2007-04-17 17:04, VanHalen wrote:
^I don't remember saying they were shitty. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I wasn't talking about you. :/

ShinMaruku
Apr 17, 2007, 07:12 PM
Being a newman hunter is homage to Feanor.

VanHalen
On 2007-04-17 17:10, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-04-17 17:04, VanHalen wrote:

I wasn't talking about you. :/

Oh ok then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif sowee

Kimil: Yeah I kinda limited myself to weekends sometimes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-04-17 17:14 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
VanHalen wrote:
My Newman fF is> your stat crunching

'nuf said.

Alisha
Apr 17, 2007, 11:04 PM
look play what you want but if you just write off the numbers as trivial you are in denial. 253 atp difference is HUGE! stop kidding yourself.

PJ
Apr 17, 2007, 11:17 PM
253 atp is huge? At low levels yes, but definately not at the level where that difference takes place. Stop kidding yourself.

Soukosa
Apr 17, 2007, 11:36 PM
Considering a 9* unit that drops from a lv 105 boss gives 120 ATP, 253 is a good amount. In the long haul of things will it matter too much? Not really. Will you still be gimped? Yes. Newmans don't really have any advantages to being an FF but it's not like they'd completely suck at it, they just won't be any where near as good as they could be.

On 2007-04-17 10:29, Mikaga wrote:
Just nobody claim that Newman MST is better than Cast/Beast HP on a Fortefighter, or that their EVP is a benefit.

With a 50% mod to MST and EVP, that's a bit of a benefit but no where near enough to choose newman over another race.

Weeaboolits
Apr 18, 2007, 12:08 AM
Suire having good stats can be nice, but it's not always fun, I don't care if a beast doesn't do well as a ranger, I'mma' do it anyway, same goes for my HUnewearl, to hell with the stats, so long as I'm happy that's all that matters.

Tra
Apr 18, 2007, 02:00 AM
from JP wiki:

Male Newman Fortefighter 80/10

HP: 1944
ATP: 656
ATA: 285
DFP: 171

Male Cast Fortefighter 60/10

HP: 1976
ATP: 656
ATA: 238
DFP: 177

just pretend you're a cast fF but you want to stay at level 60 lol

that said... I like playing female newman fF =)

AC9breaker
Apr 18, 2007, 02:11 AM
On 2007-04-16 21:06, DoubleZero wrote:
I have a Female Newman Wartecher at level 29. Having Resta and the buffs is handy and all, but the "war" side of Wartecher is pretty weak. I know, she's a newman and all, but I'm a hunter at heart, and teching just isn't my bag.

So my question is this, for all of you Newman Hunters out there: I know the road isn't easy. Would you suggest I re-roll as a Beast, or is Newman Huntering really not as bad as people say it is?

I think once Amibition of Illuminus comes out your gonna be greatful that you have a Newmen melee charcter. Acrofighter seems like it would really take full advantage of the speedy nature of newmens. Throw in the addition effects of madoogs and your fast hitting multi-hit weapons and people will be wishing for newmen acrofighters in their party. With your amazing evasion you can expect to be in the front lines and recieve no damage unless the enemy manages to get you from the back or shooting you with projectiles or spells of some.

For now I would recommend you go Figunner, and focus on the more speedier aspects of it. Try being able to deal out as many hits as possible while taking none your self. Then once the Expansion drops you're going to be totally loving Acrofighter.

danny_o
Apr 18, 2007, 11:11 AM
Go ahead and do it, man!

BUT, you are going to find yourself in groups with total A-Holes that are gonna berate the living hell out of you...

I would not be one of them because I think you should play this game...HOWEVER YOU WANT TO PLAY IT?

I think I am of a fanatical fringe mentality however, so don't take my opinions to be that of the masses.

CyarVictor
Apr 18, 2007, 11:28 AM
On 2007-04-18 00:11, AC9breaker wrote:

On 2007-04-16 21:06, DoubleZero wrote:

I think once Amibition of Illuminus comes out your gonna be greatful that you have a Newmen melee charcter. Acrofighter seems like it would really take full advantage of the speedy nature of newmens. Throw in the addition effects of madoogs and your fast hitting multi-hit weapons and people will be wishing for newmen acrofighters in their party. With your amazing evasion you can expect to be in the front lines and recieve no damage unless the enemy manages to get you from the back or shooting you with projectiles or spells of some.

For now I would recommend you go Figunner, and focus on the more speedier aspects of it. Try being able to deal out as many hits as possible while taking none your self. Then once the Expansion drops you're going to be totally loving Acrofighter.

See that's the difference, the beast and casts were diesgined for fortefighter cause of the hp and fp, they want to takes hits. The more damage they take and deal, the faster thier gauge fills for more use of nanoblasts and suv's. Plus they dispense damage hard and fast. Acrofighter seems more of an evasion expert for the sheer amount of hits rather than damage plus relying on not getting hit. Two different classes designed around a race(or two)'s natural stats and abilities.

I mean, go for what you want to be. If you want a newman fF, do it. Just expect that when you take a hit, you taking a heavy hit in regard of total hp one has. Just means different tactics have to be used with a newman fF than a beast/cast fF.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-04-18 09:29 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 18, 2007, 11:45 AM
Consider it training http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Playing as a fFnewearl/newm will be harder than playing, say, a fFbeast/beastl, but in the end it'll force you to rely on your skills rather than numbers, and isn't that better in the end?

Ibuka
Apr 18, 2007, 11:52 AM
I say go for it! My Female Newmen is a lv71 Job lv10 Forte Fighter and it doesn't seem hard to play to me
http://i11.tinypic.com/2myb4at.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2007-04-18 09:56 ]</font>

xennec
Apr 18, 2007, 04:01 PM
Like Criss I also have a beast guntecher. From my experience on the game, I've only run into one person who kicked me for having him (I wasn't even playing as him, was playing as a newman force). Most people think its neat that I don't blend into the beast fortefighter crowd. Playing a class other than a recommended one isn't "gimped" it's just different. You need to know your strengths and weaknessess and know how to work around them and use them to their full potential as that class/race. So if you really want to try it out, I say go for it!

Kylie
Apr 18, 2007, 05:31 PM
Be who or what you want to be, but I've personally learned that it's kind of hellish to be rebellious and choose a class your race was not made for. I suggest doing what you're good at for a while and then choose what you want after a good bit of leveling. That way you won't completely suck.

Neith
Apr 18, 2007, 08:08 PM
I have a Beast fF. She's great to play, and can solo very easily, as well as being useful in a party.

Thing is, I've found it to an extent, too easy. Decided to make a Female Newman, and throw fF, FG and probably AT (when released) at her, and see how she does.

Since I'm a big fan of the fast weapons (except Double Saber, I hate those now), and Newman EVP is respectable, it should be interesting.

I'm gonna pretty much say what everyone else has- Newmans have the capability to to fF, or any other job, just like a Cast can be a fT (lol, Deja http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ). Sure, as a Newman HU, you won't be able to tank hits like a Beast, or deal damage like a Beast fF, but your damage will not suck either. You'd still be a fF, which excels in ATP. If you can put up with some people kicking you occasionally, and 'gimped' stats compared to a Beast/Cast/Human fF, I'd say go for it.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 18, 2007, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I'd figure that you must have always wanted a beast in PSO seeing your name *thinks of Uriko from Blood Roar*. But good to see that you are making a newman Hunter. I was thinking of making a male newman fortefighter, but I have like 2 fFs already, one human(who won't be much longer when AoI and Acrofighter comes out), and a beast. Since I'll have 1 fF come AoI, I think I'd mind as well go and make that Newman fF.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 18, 2007, 10:28 PM
. Weak race/combos are worthless, there's no reward in it. But if you're skilled enough though, you can do it though. I would only try something weaker if there are unique, exclusive items that no one can get(don't say Crea's plz)

My servant, Nova does better then most of the Male Cast fortegunners that are like 10 levels above her. If you have the skill, then go for it I guess. Just know what to expect though, there's nothing worst then getting rid of a character you put a lot of work into because you feel unsatisfied later on. I've seen this too many times. Choose wisely, that's all I will say.

I won't lie, I look awesome holding a Light single saber as a newman. If your going for looks, then hunter has lot going for it.

Alisha
Apr 18, 2007, 10:52 PM
On 2007-04-18 14:01, xennec wrote:
Like Criss I also have a beast guntecher. From my experience on the game, I've only run into one person who kicked me for having him (I wasn't even playing as him, was playing as a newman force). Most people think its neat that I don't blend into the beast fortefighter crowd. Playing a class other than a recommended one isn't "gimped" it's just different. You need to know your strengths and weaknessess and know how to work around them and use them to their full potential as that class/race. So if you really want to try it out, I say go for it!

beast guntecher really isnt even comparable to newman fortefighter

DoubleZero
Apr 19, 2007, 12:40 AM
Wow, I didn't expect my little topic to go this far... Thank you all for the input!

I'm working my way up to Hunter 10 now thanks to Crimson Beast A, and I'm having a lot of fun. More fun than being a WT, anyway. I looked into the AcroFighter class with a little hope, but I just don't like the choice of weapons AF gets. Sure, I've been using Twin Sabers as a WT, but the lack of any real hard-hitting two-handed weapons just sorta leaves me cold.

Mikaga
Apr 19, 2007, 01:30 AM
On 2007-04-18 20:52, Alisha wrote:
beast guntecher really isnt even comparable to newman fortefighter
Actually it kinda is.

Newman Fortefighter has one "pro" and that is high ATA.

Beast Guntecher is similarly lacking in advantages. Their ATA is the lowest in the game (ranged weaponry), for example. For those who care their TP is also shot but to be honest Guntechers don't exactly use TP as a primary stat. I guess they do get decent ATP though... they might make very nice card attackers.