PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like the new lobby music?

Sexy_Raine
Apr 17, 2007, 01:02 AM
Call me crazy, but I absolutely <3 the happy feeling it gives. It's so dreamy, I just like sitting around hearing it. Who else likes it?

AweOfShe
Apr 17, 2007, 01:09 AM
HELL YES, I love it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sexy_Raine
Apr 17, 2007, 01:21 AM
Sit around in Neidaiz as a couple and watch the nice view with this music. It doesn't get any happier than this!!!
Sooooooooooooo haaaaaaaapy!!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-04-16 23:22 ]</font>

Eleina
Apr 17, 2007, 01:24 AM
These lobbys are the best ones so far and have by far the best music!!!! (beats sitting in those elevator music Vday and Wday lobbys)

AweOfShe
Apr 17, 2007, 01:24 AM
I know, eh? The cherry trees blossoming are an awesome touch too. God, I think this is my favourite lobby setting now. XD

I think I'm just going to end up sitting alone the whole time though. Everyone else is in Parum... >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-04-16 23:25 ]</font>

Spacepest
Apr 17, 2007, 01:34 AM
Doh, I have my music settings on PSU turned off! I'll have to reactivate them next time I go online.

Midicronica
Apr 17, 2007, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I like it. It's much better(x100) than the previous lobby music. I usually have music streaming from my PC to my 360, so I don't get to hear it often. I'll have to listen in on it next time I'm on.

Angelo
Apr 17, 2007, 02:51 AM
It's probably my favorite lobby music, period.

</weeaboo>

Krisan
Apr 17, 2007, 04:08 AM
After that god awful easter music, they were bound to come up with something that sounded good.. Didn't quite expect something this nice, though..

Paramedic
Apr 17, 2007, 04:13 AM
I <3 the new music. It's very inviting and relaxing.

Tra
Apr 17, 2007, 04:20 AM
yeah I like the new tune http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

landman
Apr 17, 2007, 04:30 AM
Every time I log in it just makes me want to do Tai Chi around that giant shenmue (or sakura) tree, and practice my Iron Palm >.<

Gen2000
Apr 17, 2007, 05:23 AM
It caught by surprise by how good it was, usually try to hurry to my destination as fast as possible to end the horrible lobby tunes but this new is very pleasant on the ears.

APEXi
Apr 17, 2007, 05:24 AM
best lobby music so far

Wolfie_Rustin
Apr 17, 2007, 06:04 AM
I love the New Music in the lobby!

Zarbolord
Apr 17, 2007, 06:05 AM
The best up to now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Rashiid
Apr 17, 2007, 06:39 AM
yeah its the best by-far.

Mayumi
Apr 17, 2007, 06:45 AM
I may not get chance to give it much listening as I'm busy at the moment, but is it on the 'FOR BRIGHTER DAY' soundtrack? I have that and can listen through it while working.

Just had a quick look through the track listing, and I would pressume it's on the Moatoob disc, track 6 - Cherry Blossom.
Although I would appreciate a comfirmation, I think I just answered my own question.
It is nice, not too keen on the somewhat mechanical sound it has behind the main melody.

Sychosis
Apr 17, 2007, 07:01 AM
On 2007-04-17 04:39, Rashiid wrote:
yeah its the best by-far.

And yes, the song is Cherry Blossom.

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 17, 2007, 07:04 AM
I love this music... I once took a nap with this music on... slept for 5 hours... 21 mails where in my mail inbox then.

The music is like being in a japanese spa house... i think... speaking of which, we need a spa house on PSU...

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 17, 2007, 07:25 AM
Yeah, I love the music, goes great with the Sakura Matsuri theme.

RadiantLegend
Apr 17, 2007, 07:26 AM
On 2007-04-16 23:34, Spacepest wrote:
Doh, I have my music settings on PSU turned off! I'll have to reactivate them next time I go online.

Mio
Apr 17, 2007, 07:42 AM
I love it

Tahldon
Apr 17, 2007, 08:09 AM
I'm a big fan of the new lobbies. Pictures would be cool with friends and all.

I find myself standing in front of either the big tree in Neudaiz or on the 1st floor of the Colony just staring at it. It's actually quite awe inspiring. The music only plays in to give that tranquil feel of the moment. Yeah.. It's the best lobby yet, in my opinion.

Pikku
Apr 17, 2007, 09:38 AM
Call me insane. I dont care.
But I rather the original music of Neudaiz. I love it so much...
And I love Moatoobs music so much too.

Akaimizu
Apr 17, 2007, 09:48 AM
I think it's decent. Nothing especially outstanding, though I do realize that anything sounding close to traditional japanese music, is a big win, on this forum.

While I enjoy lots of music, the new lobby music is the kind of stuff that makes you think of Meditation and/or Yoga or something. Whether it makes you feel like doing it, is your own preference; but it makes you think about it.

Not the most technical or imaginative, but it gets the job done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-17 07:51 ]</font>

-Rune-
Apr 17, 2007, 09:52 AM
I think they did a good job with it, one of like 3 tracks on this game that I'd say contends with the musicians from Ragol. Funny I didn't expect you to make a thread out of this Raine xD At least you didn't take my picture unknowingly xD

Akaimizu
Apr 17, 2007, 10:26 AM
This style is actually kind of easy to write, but it works. I should probably quickly create a like song, as an example, and post it to this forum. Especially since it relates to a PSU event.

Ragol sticks out, a bit more for me, since it doesn't do traditional music, but they went a different way completely. Very little tracks, in PSO, ever sounded much like another style of music. They went out of their way to create their own style of musical arrangements. This song sticks to a more tried and true aspect done in other games/drama/movies/radio/etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-17 08:30 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Apr 17, 2007, 10:29 AM
It's not bad, but it's not MINDBLOWING either.

It's nice to know that they put some effort into all these nifty special lobbies though.

CyarVictor
Apr 17, 2007, 10:30 AM
I enjoy the music plus the main fountains new look with all thos cherry blossom trees. I wish we had forested zones like that.

majan
Apr 17, 2007, 10:32 AM
On 2007-04-17 07:38, Pikku wrote:

moatoobs is alright.gets really really monotonous though.the music should probably vary from one lobby to another,kinda sucks that its that same one....all....the...damn...time...

same with neudaiz,except its a lot better than moatoobs.in-mission music for neudaiz and moatoob are pretty horrific though,with the exception of the relic site of course.system defense's music is decent.same goes for parum.relic site = money,normal music(mad creatures,dragon,etc)= wanting to shove sharp things in my ears

and yeah this new lobby music kicks serious ass.ultra-mega-soothing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Pikku
Apr 17, 2007, 10:36 AM
On 2007-04-17 08:32, majan wrote:

On 2007-04-17 07:38, Pikku wrote:

moatoobs is alright.gets really really monotonous though.the music should probably vary from one lobby to another,kinda sucks that its that same one....all....the...damn...time...

same with neudaiz,except its a lot better than moatoobs.in-mission music for neudaiz and moatoob are pretty horrific though,with the exception of the relic site of course.system defense's music is decent.same goes for parum.relic site = money,normal music(mad creatures,dragon,etc)= wanting to shove sharp things in my ears

and yeah this new lobby music kicks serious ass.ultra-mega-soothing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Wait wait wait....
I only mean in town music for Moatoob. I dont like the rest of the music on Moatoob at all...

As for Neudaiz I love every single song thats played there... (Yes all of them) Well not now because I dont like the Spring Music lol...

ZodiacNKnight
Apr 17, 2007, 11:23 AM
Anything is better than the blaring wedding song back n PSO...

Pikku
Apr 17, 2007, 12:03 PM
Anything that was on PSO was gold... TAKE IT BACK! (Sorry I love PSO...)

Sexy_Raine
Apr 17, 2007, 01:24 PM
On 2007-04-17 07:52, -Rune- wrote:
I think they did a good job with it, one of like 3 tracks on this game that I'd say contends with the musicians from Ragol. Funny I didn't expect you to make a thread out of this Raine xD At least you didn't take my picture unknowingly xD

Yes, when we were talking and me and Jife was there in neidaiz, I just couldn't help how friggin' happy the atmosphere felt with this music. Like I said before, get a couple in neidaiz, then listen to it.

It's by far one of the most happiest, uplifting piece of music I've ever heard. I seroiusly shead a tear, because it's so beautiful and so happy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zorafim
Apr 17, 2007, 01:28 PM
I haven't heard much of it, but I did indeed enjoy it. I'll have to idle in some lobby some time to listen to it.

CyarVictor
Apr 17, 2007, 01:30 PM
Neudaiz for me and a few others equals sleep. A good looking place, but the music.... eh. I'd like to have the new lobby music set as neudaiz's. i prefer the train Rescue and Moatoob music. Well, I prefer moatoob more than any place. Most beats in this game just don't have enough energy behind it to equal the mission. Dunno really. Most of the time I over ride music with the XBox ability to play music off my hard drive while playing, or use my computer to play some tunes.

Akaimizu
Apr 17, 2007, 01:37 PM
I think that's why I've been more of a Moatoob person, for in-mission music. The reason is the very same. I guess I like the more upbeat and more *synthy future techno* approach that Moatoob's missions are more akin to. Most other things lack the energy that equals all the battling you are doing. Moatoob is more akin to that. Kind of like how the Mines boss was distinctively powerful, in PSO. Compared to the default music, and even the battle music in Mines, his music had that extra drive getting you ready to run and fight. Often enough, I run the "Into the Wonderful" music (originally a Gods tune that I associated with the 6 Square Circus music), as my custom background music because of the drive it has is much more prepared for action gaming.

The lobby music here, is nice. It's traditional (as I said, which is a nice easy way to get kudos from this forum. In the same way repeating that Raiders of the Lost Ark theme gets a rise out of Indy fans.), but it gets the job done. A relaxing score is perfectly suited to a relaxing lobby meant to be pretty.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-17 11:41 ]</font>

Jakosifer
Apr 17, 2007, 03:44 PM
I love the new music, I now sit on the 4th floor of the colony for about an hour just to listen to it. >_>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 17, 2007, 03:59 PM
The new lobby decorations and music suck horribly. Far too wap for my tastes.

amtalx
Apr 17, 2007, 04:50 PM
I do like it. I did think the rest of the themed music was horrific though.

Itoshi
Apr 17, 2007, 05:37 PM
"I'm Loving It"

VanHalen
Apr 17, 2007, 06:08 PM
Love it. It's my new favorite with the main colony theme and valentines.

Kylie
Apr 17, 2007, 06:23 PM
I LOVE IT! Totally serene and pleasant.

MattTheShark
Apr 17, 2007, 07:28 PM
hehe for once I can say the music fits, good for sega =)

Sekani
Apr 17, 2007, 09:16 PM
The new theme is nice son. As for the in-mission music, I find myself playing tracks from PSO Episode 4 during most missions anywhere that's not Neudaiz son. They actually fit pretty well, especially for that damned HIVE son.

pikachief
Apr 17, 2007, 10:30 PM
u mean to tell me u guys dont like elevator music or marching music!? XD

BladeWindD
Apr 18, 2007, 08:06 AM
I like the new music. Just listening to it makes me feel calm and
relax under the Cherry Blossoms Tree. I even left the game on so
I can hear it when go to sleep and that was 7 hrs. ago. ^_^
You just got to love it.

Kaloa
Apr 18, 2007, 08:17 AM
When I'm not playing PSU I like to leave me PS2 and game on with the volume turned up and listen to it while I do things around my room or nap. It puts me at ease and it's loveliness makes me smile.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 18, 2007, 05:37 PM
On 2007-04-17 11:24, Sexy_Raine wrote:

Yes, when we were talking and me and Jife was there in neidaiz, I just couldn't help how friggin' happy the atmosphere felt with this music. Like I said before, get a couple in neidaiz, then listen to it.

It's by far one of the most happiest, uplifting piece of music I've ever heard. I seroiusly shead a tear, because it's so beautiful and so happy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It's just so...fitting. Perfect for enjoying one's company in a purdy lobby. But when I'm by myself, I turn it off like the rest of the music. It's a good couples theme.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 18, 2007, 09:16 PM
On 2007-04-18 15:37, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

On 2007-04-17 11:24, Sexy_Raine wrote:

It's just so...fitting. Perfect for enjoying one's company in a purdy lobby. But when I'm by myself, I turn it off like the rest of the music. It's a good couples theme.

Too happy for you Jife? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I know you like it with me around though.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 18, 2007, 09:37 PM
Its just a little too bad I can't bring NPCs to the lobby, I would love to have Shiro and Maya in the lobby with this music.

Tay
Apr 18, 2007, 11:29 PM
I personally find it annoying...

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 20, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-04-18 19:16, Sexy_Raine wrote:

Too happy for you Jife? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well...it's a happy theme for sharing a happy moment. Why bother with the music when not in a happy moment? That's just the way I see it though.

Mikura
Apr 20, 2007, 03:57 PM
I love the music too. Fits the cherry blossom theme perfectly. Just wish the rest of the game had appropriate music themes for each planet/mission but most seem out of place or don't gel very well. I miss the PSO score...it had a style all it's own that made it special and memorable.

Parn
Apr 20, 2007, 04:06 PM
Rewind back to 2001:
"Man, Phantasy Star Online's music is too ambient. I can't believe they didn't use good tunes like the original Phantasy Star games."

Present Day:
"Man, Phantasy Star Universe's music is too happy. Why couldn't it be more like Phantasy Star Online's?"

Fast forward to the year 2011:
"Man, Phantasy Star Galaxy's music sucks. Why couldn't it be more like Phantasy Star Universe's score? Sega sucks."

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 20, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-04-20 14:06, Parn wrote:
Rewind back to 2001:
"Man, Phantasy Star Online's music is too ambient. I can't believe they didn't use good tunes like the original Phantasy Star games."

Present Day:
"Man, Phantasy Star Universe's music is too happy. Why couldn't it be more like Phantasy Star Online's?"

"Man, Phantasy Star Galaxy's music sucks. Why couldn't it be more like Phantasy Star Universe's score? Sega sucks."

Hey, there's SOME of us who think PSO's score sucked even before PSU came out and STILL think it sucks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ...I can't believe they didn't use good tunes like the original Phantasy Star games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-04-20 14:10 ]</font>

Sev
Apr 20, 2007, 04:10 PM
Rewind back to 2001:

Present Day:

/nod

Gotta love it.

(On topic: I do like it, but I've still used Winamp instead. >.<;;)

Sexy_Raine
Apr 22, 2007, 10:58 AM
On 2007-04-20 13:42, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Well...it's a happy theme for sharing a happy moment. Why bother with the music when not in a happy moment? That's just the way I see it though.

Ya, I guess your right, but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy it with you not around me.
I guess my Fiiiiness makes the difference. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AweOfShe
Apr 22, 2007, 02:11 PM
Rewind back to 2001:

Present Day:

That's exactly what I've been saying. XD

Cz
Apr 22, 2007, 02:23 PM
the lobby's theme is a calming and relaxing music. I like it more than the others lobby's theme from before.

Zorafim
Apr 22, 2007, 02:38 PM
Rewind back to 2001:

Present Day:

I agree with every statement said here. I can't hum PSO's music, due to it being completely a background sound (Though really, that's exactly what good background music is; a way to increase atmosphere without diverting from it). I much prefer PS's music to PSO's music, since it had that futuristic fantasy feel to it.
As for PSU's, well, the music seems to overpower the stages. If the stage itself was so awesome that the music would fit, then maybe things would go better, but the two normally just don't match very well in this game.

VanHalen
Apr 22, 2007, 03:02 PM
Rewind back to 2001:

Present Day:

I've been saying that same thing. Even thought it would also be Phantasy Star Galaxy.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 23, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-04-22 08:58, Sexy_Raine wrote:

Ya, I guess your right, but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy it with you not around me.
I guess my Fiiiiness makes the difference. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It does. But apparently mine doesn't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sexy_Raine
Apr 23, 2007, 05:59 PM
On 2007-04-23 13:35, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

It does. But apparently mine doesn't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Because you wear one outfit Jife. There's no fiiiiiness out of that, your clothing closet is rotting into nothingness. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Helly
Apr 24, 2007, 12:01 AM
Love it! ^_^

Best lobby decorations and music thus far!

But I do kinda wonder when we'll get the default lobby back. It's been a long time since it was last seen online~

Tykwa
Apr 24, 2007, 12:06 AM
Idk, I havnt been to Nuedaiz in atleast a month, that or i'm too busy with my techno on the 360...
(iliketechno)
Is it the same with the demo?, I can't put in any CD's in my xbox or it eats them ;O

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
On 2007-04-23 15:59, Sexy_Raine wrote:

Because you wear one outfit Jife. There's no fiiiiiness out of that, your clothing closet is rotting into nothingness. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

What do you mean one outfit? I had my starter outfit, this one outfit consisting of Classica pants (I forget what else I wore for that outfit) and the green outfit I wore for St Pat's Day.

...oh wait, I fed all those to my armor PM. Well, I still have swimtrunks that I don't bother to wear. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well, what do you want me to wear then?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-04-25 09:36 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Apr 25, 2007, 05:44 PM
On 2007-04-25 09:33, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

On 2007-04-23 15:59, Sexy_Raine wrote:

What do you mean one outfit? I had my starter outfit, this one outfit consisting of Classica pants (I forget what else I wore for that outfit) and the green outfit I wore for St Pat's Day.

...oh wait, I fed all those to my armor PM. Well, I still have swimtrunks that I don't bother to wear. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well, what do you want me to wear then?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-04-25 09:36 ]</font>

LOL, IDK Jife, come see me online tonight if possible, maybe there's something out there for you. I'll be glad to judge http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thrash777
Apr 25, 2007, 06:01 PM
New lobby music is v.cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tay
Apr 25, 2007, 06:12 PM
ITT weaboos

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 27, 2007, 11:38 AM
Nooo..the spring lobby is gone now. Ohtoku just isn't the same with those green trees.

On 2007-04-25 15:44, Sexy_Raine wrote:
LOL, IDK Jife, come see me online tonight if possible, maybe there's something out there for you. I'll be glad to judge http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

*whew* It's about time those quote got cleaned up a bit. Anyway, how about sunday night if I'm on?