PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Letters?

EnderOfpsu
Apr 17, 2007, 05:06 AM
Always been curiouse how ppl do that .. Creating chars with japanese letters (kanji?) i supose?

Also is is possible to mix japanese and english letters upon creating a char?

I put the fate of my future AoI char into your hands nowz! XD

Thx in Advance
Ender.

PsyX
Apr 17, 2007, 11:25 AM
You need to install the Japanese language packs on your computer. (if you're on Windows, these should be avaliable off the Microsoft website). (I know this is true for the Chinese packs, but not too sure for Japanese) With the packs installed when you switch over to that language you should be able to type in Japanese.

However you're going to need some basic knowledge of the language because to type in hanzi (kanji) you need to know the sounds/pronounciation of the character's your typing in. Or you can just hit random keys. (but that doesn't always work too good.)

You can type in both English and Japanese, just gotta switch back to English while you're typing in the name.

Best of luck =]

Itsuki
Apr 17, 2007, 11:30 AM
Keep in mind, this is a standard feature of Windows XP. The same way japanese type in japanese is the way you would type in japanese.

If you have more trouble enabling it, just google japanese IME. Its more simple than you'd believe. You basically just make sure east asian languages are installed, then add the keyboard, and you should be set.

EnderOfpsu
Apr 17, 2007, 01:38 PM
awsome! thx ill be looking into it right away! {/bow}