PDA

View Full Version : Question about set bonus...

Valvalion
Apr 17, 2007, 08:53 AM
Sorry about this, but a bit of a noob question here as i'm really not sure if i'm working this out right.

PSUPedia states that all melee set bonuses are 25%+ to Att, Acc and Def. Is that actually correct?! As in if I start using Jitseen with Zeetline equipped, am I essentially using a saber with 608 Att.?

Doesn't that work out more powerful than a Buccaneer?

ayrista
Apr 17, 2007, 10:07 AM
that should be correct. Altho i think i heard that sets like black heart (unit & saber) give a 50% boost, not sure tho.

Dj_SkyEpic
Apr 17, 2007, 10:10 AM
You can test it! Because... I havent. >.>

Simply find how much you are doing with the weapon without the armor, then equip the armor to gain the bonus.

Now with your non-bonus damage that you recorded, Subtract from the bonus damage.

With those variables, you use this formula: A is B% of what number? A = 25% x ?

Example: I'm doing ~450 with Phantom Rifle. If I equipped Phantom Line, I do ~600.

I test my result: ~(600-450) = 25% x ?
150 = 150...

In that situation it would seem right for about 25%. If you went to test this yourself and get a close number then it would prove 25% being accurate, but if your numbers are way off ( example 100 /= 300 ) then you can riot against the 25%!

Math is life, everyone. It will haunt you until the very end... Luckily we have the internet:

http://www.gomath.com/exercises/percentage.php rawhahahwharawha...

Edit: my example blew up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-04-17 08:20 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Apr 17, 2007, 10:10 AM
Depends. Buccaneer may be stronger naturally, but if you are pressed for cash or you have a high % jitseen, it'll work out. It's like the Phantom/Phantomline combo. Sure the armor isn't that great compared to weild line, but the will leveled bullets, you'll notice a good attack increase. The same goes for the zeetline/jitseen combo.

In all actualality, most weapons can out do a higher ranked one just because of grinds, but more with a high element percent. Yea, the bonus with the acc and def is also noticable, and if you plan to keep using that armor and saber together, do it. Hell, I still run a 44% 3* yohemi dagger with my machine gun and it still rocks a good 380-450dmg on light enemies. The weapon/armor combos are well worth it.

Golto
Apr 17, 2007, 01:22 PM
Melee sets with elements seem to do way more than ranged-types with set bonuses. Even if the element % is around the same the melee will increase the dmg more because of the set bonus when compared to the phantom set. I don't know why it just does.

So get some element Jitseens and go to town on the monsters.

Xaeris
Apr 17, 2007, 02:17 PM
Yes, you get 25% of your total ATP, not just on top of the weapon. That means if you have 1k with both a Jitseen and Zeetline equipped, you're attacking with 1250 ATP. And that's just with the basic attack; there's also the element and PA modifiers to account for. So yes, if you're willing to go to the trouble of making some elemental Zeetlines, a Jitseen can be stronger than a Buccaneer. Just remember that a B armor can't equip A units.

Me, I think set bonuses make the world go round. It's pretty sick that a ground Nafli-senba (2* dagger) can actually equal a shiratsuno-zashi(9*).