PDA

View Full Version : Finally fixing some issues with AoI, but why so long?

All_Beagle
Apr 17, 2007, 10:22 PM
With the expansion, it finally looks like they will be fixing some (in my opinion) awful issues with the game. For instance, as simple as it may seem, the death penalty change (no more losing S-Rank by simply dying without a scapedoll) will be huge for myself and my friends since we are more laid back and don't want to mess up other people's S-Rank. I have a level 57 fortetecher and only have played S a couple dozen times because of jerks online that stress way too much over those mission points. It's especially a pain for me since I die in pretty much two hits from the "tougher" enemies.

The other positive change is with the synthesis success rates. Right now, I've only read about having 100% for room decorations, but I'm crossing my fingers that means at least they're looking at success rates for weapons and such too. Unfortunately, recently the high failure rate has caused the guy I play with mostly to sort of stop playing. He hasn't cancelled yet, but he's only played once in the last 2-3 weeks. After finally getting his PM to level 100 (all striking) he went to make 13 melee weapons, all with 50% success rate or higher, and failed on 11 of the 13. Needless to say he wasn't very happy and it just may have killed the game for him.

Has there been any hint as to when the expansion is coming stateside? I saw someone had posted December, but I have no idea where people are getting this info from. That's a long a time to wait though if that's the case. I'm on the 360 and I guess it's probably worse with all the competition coming out by the end of the year.

P.S. As much as I hate to say it, it almost seems like we've been beta testing the game this whole time. And now that they're finally going to make these changes, let's hope it isn't too late.

P.S. P.S. You think they'll implement some of these changes prior to the expansion's release?

Chaobo99
Apr 17, 2007, 10:35 PM
I'd like good sucess rates..but that would make weps to easy..now that there is no death penalty..missions will be to easy..whats next..Unlimited PP >.<

PrinceRhys
Apr 17, 2007, 10:53 PM
Don't look at it as no death penalty. Look at it as giving sonic team more leeway to make stronger enemies to try to destroy the entire party. It makes teamwork more useful and gives purpose to moon atomizers and giresta.

Personally, I hope they take scape dolls out of shops once these changes are in effect. Then we'll have to rely on each other for revives.

All_Beagle
Apr 17, 2007, 11:11 PM
I understand how some of you would want more "hardcore" features like a harder difficulty, fewer weapons out in the economy, etc. but that's not the route Sonic Team needs to take. They need to make this game more accessible. More casual players are not going to join a game that, in a sense, punishes you at times. It amazes me that some developers forget it should all be about the "fun" as cheesy as that sounds. And as much as I like PSU, the simplicity of the original PSO and possiblity to simply find any rare while fighting anywhere are the reasons it's still the better game in my opinion.

I don't want to get into a flame war or anything like that over this, I just wanted to express my hope that Sega is going to take a more casual approach versus trying to make things more hardcore. Whether or not you agree with me on the hardcore/casual thing, I think everyone can agree that the more people the better. Not just for the humor/social fun, but for the game economy too.

pikachief
Apr 17, 2007, 11:15 PM
actually if they make more epic, long, and ahrd bosses, like dulk fakis, then we will need this moon thingy!

oh and the success rate is LOWER but u cant break it. so now im gonna buy MANY A and S+1 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Seira7
Apr 18, 2007, 12:19 AM
On 2007-04-17 21:11, All_Beagle wrote:
I understand how some of you would want more "hardcore" features like a harder difficulty, fewer weapons out in the economy, etc. but that's not the route Sonic Team needs to take. They need to make this game more accessible. More casual players are not going to join a game that, in a sense, punishes you at times. It amazes me that some developers forget it should all be about the "fun" as cheesy as that sounds. And as much as I like PSU, the simplicity of the original PSO and possiblity to simply find any rare while fighting anywhere are the reasons it's still the better game in my opinion.

I don't want to get into a flame war or anything like that over this, I just wanted to express my hope that Sega is going to take a more casual approach versus trying to make things more hardcore. Whether or not you agree with me on the hardcore/casual thing, I think everyone can agree that the more people the better. Not just for the humor/social fun, but for the game economy too.

I agree. The beauty of PSO was that hardcore and casual players could exist together happily. There are so many "hardcore" (ie time consuming) games out there right now, lets hope PSU stays unique. I miss the casual-ness of hopping into a party PSO style. I think removing the need for scapes is a good idea. If someone wants to interpret that in their own "hardcore" way (zomg groups lyke need each otherz moonz and giresta) cool but it also means you have other options besides scapes in getting an s rank with casualties, which is nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seira7 on 2007-04-17 22:21 ]</font>

Helly
Apr 18, 2007, 12:45 AM
While most of these "fixes" suck, I'd say it took so long because PSU itself was the true AoI beta.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 18, 2007, 01:05 AM
Im not so sure it was as much a beta as a prototype. It seems that they kind of rushed the game out. That would also make sense why the updates were so few and far between at first. the stuff was complete yet but the demand for the game was too much to delay getting it out to the market. I'd say PSU was a prototype for AoI. I dont know how these things usually work as this is the first time i have played a game online like this but i would imagine the vast majority of players(causal and serious alike) will switch over to the AoI within the first few months of its release.

Sekani
Apr 18, 2007, 01:12 AM
It's a double-edged sword the way I see it son. On one hand, people may actually venture on to more than just the "easy" missions now that it's not so stressful to keep that S-rank son. On the other hand, unless something else changes you'd have to actually try to get anything less than an S-rank son. I know a difficulty adjustment might have been in order, but this seems a bit extreme to me son.

Paramedic
Apr 18, 2007, 01:13 AM
Will switch over?

It's an expansion, not a whole new game. PSU characters transfer over to PSU: AoI.

Saphion
Apr 18, 2007, 02:03 AM

I agree 100%. This is exactly what I've been saying for a while now. The main draw for me in PSO (apart from the red boxes) was the community and PSU just doesn't have it.

Kimil
Apr 18, 2007, 02:13 AM
One fix I'm hoping for... is the ADVERTIZEMENT OF THE FRICKIN GAME! the comunity on PS2/PC is still capping 4.5 stars weekdays and 5/6 stars weekends. How do you fix this problem Sega?

1) Don't give the reviewers a half-assed version of your game! Give them the full thing
2) Advertise the damn game outside of Japan.
3) If all else fails, merge us with one of the other servers ( I'm sure we'd even be happy getting linked to JP W2 ! )

Skuda
Apr 18, 2007, 02:25 AM
I whole heartedly agree with the PSU being casual. It already is. A lot of people play to just have a good time. I think Sega had lost a lot of business because it may have been getting "less casual" for some players.

A good 90% of the people I've talked to that played PSO (in person, not on the forums) played PSO very casually. They loved it.

If things get too "difficult", Sega might loose a good chunk of this demographic. And as stats show, the casual audience is FAR greater in number than the core gamers.

I say, don't make weapons as hard to get. I'm a totally advocate for synthesis % rebalancing. ESPECIALLY for striking weapons.

That's my two cents.

-Asheth-
Apr 18, 2007, 03:01 AM
I like alot of the fixes im reading about. I like the new death penalty rules I am for it. I just hope that more difficult monsters arrive I dont think difficult means hardcore. I just hope that they can find a balance I would hate to see the game turn into some kind of party game. I think the biggest thing they need to fix is the economy if missions stay close to each other in terms of rewards then you wont have just one or 2 hotspots. Then there will be reason to farm other places not there arent any now the problem is getting a party.

Zorafim
Apr 18, 2007, 03:04 AM
Already, the fact that we can teleport to different lobbies is an up. Instead of spending half an hour to go to a mission area only to find nobody there, now we can teleport there to find nobody there. But if enough people do this, maybe there will be enough parties outside of the hotspot to break away from the grind.

Paramedic
Apr 18, 2007, 04:48 AM
I'll hope for a quite a few things.

1. Enemies that do not spam Megid to be "difficult".

2. No runs filled with enemies who spam Megid to be "difficult".

3. Traps! I like the trap-ideas they've put in the game, (Exploding invisible traps, turrets, those little fire pillars in the ground, etc.) and I would like to see more interesting traps.

4. Reward balance amongst missions. (To try and break up the "hot-spots". I know hot-spots are good so players can find groups easily, but I'm so tired of only being able to get a group together to run one or two different missions while my friends are offline.)

5. Changes to debuffs. Why? Because usually debuffing mobs isn't the greatest thing you could be doing. I really only debuff as an AoE-tag and it helps the group out a wee-bit. Maybe increase the rate that they stick too, just a little bit. But debuffs feel somewhat pointless as they stand right now. Also, the ability to debuff bosses would be really nice. Of course, bosses should have a modifier to debuffs so debuffing bosses doesn't trivialize the fight by any means, but make it happen. I think it's disappointing to have debuffs filling up your PA slots when they can't be used during the climax of the mission.

6. I think Humans could get an increased PA limit. It won't make them overpowered, and it embraces our jack-of-all-trades trait.

7. I've been very satisfied with the level and mission designs so far. They're detailed and the scenery is quite beautiful. I'm hoping they keep it up!

DurakkenX
Apr 18, 2007, 05:48 AM
And I'll hope for people that can find the proper thread to post in v.v you know the one marked questions? The one that has well over 30 pages with most if not all pertinent information on the first post... yeah that'd be nice...

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 18, 2007, 06:51 AM
I understand how some of you would want more "hardcore" features like a harder difficulty, fewer weapons out in the economy, etc. but that's not the route Sonic Team needs to take. They need to make this game more accessible. More casual players are not going to join a game that, in a sense, punishes you at times. It amazes me that some developers forget it should all be about the "fun" as cheesy as that sounds.

I agree with you here. I would not want this game to be more hardcore. And less weapons out in the economy = UBER PHAIL. Sorry, but yeah, its true. And I hope scapes stay in stores. Also, if this game does become more "hardcore" and money becomes less accessible like it was in the beginning, it will only make people stear clear of difficult missions and keep to the easy missions that give rewards.

Nai_Calus
Apr 18, 2007, 07:55 AM
The death penalty change will be useful for new players/lowbies. Scapes are too expensive until you can find a way to make decent amounts of money.

Grinding change is nice. Might grind things someday now. XP

Anything that makes this game less 'hardcoer' is fine by me. I was a casual PSO player and I'm a casual PSU player too. Difference is that PSO didn't feel like moving a ton of bricks to get anywhere in.

Meseta was broken in PSO to the point where you could lose 999,999 meseta to dying without a scape/mag revival/teammate revival and not care. Meseta was only good for trifluids and was stupidly easy to come by. Unfortunately, they haven't really fixed it in PSU, just flipped the problem around. So I'd like to see them balance that better. It's about on par with RO for how goddamned obnoxious it is to get started. There's a good chance that I would have quit already out of sheer annoyance at the way things are if I didn't have people I know help me out with getting me scapes so I could get through a mission or buy my accumulated photons so I could actually outfit my characters with something beyond their starting equipment. XP Money grinding is not fun, and if I wanted to grind like fuck to afford a single item I'd go play RO and nuke some goddamned Geographers for their drops. At least have shitty c-rank weapons drop whole more often so you could build yourself up a nice array of crap to get you started on. >_> Or fix synthing so it's not as obnoxious. >_>

But yeah, the changes seem to be headed in a positive direction. Except for trying to turn PSU into PSO. Keep my PSO out of PSU, thanks. DX If I want PSO I'll go play the real thing.

Parn
Apr 18, 2007, 08:07 AM
I still don't get why people think they're trying to make PSU, PSO. Playing on nostalgia by using old stuff isn't anything new... and with the way software development works, there's no way they could have just recently added all that stuff... they intended it from the beginning, evidence being earlier interviews before the game released where it was stated that many PSO items would make a return. They simply withheld half the game or more to make us pay twice.

Dragon_Knight
Apr 18, 2007, 08:19 AM
Yea I'm glad about the death pently change...I basicaly haven't been able to play the game at all since I ran out of money doing S2 Crimson beast. I started CB with 140k meseta....now I'm down to less then 30K because of scapes...and now because I can't afford scapes I get booted from parties...and the catch 22 goes from there. I mostly die because I do long range attacks in the last room and the Gol tova just warps out of no where and stomps me...usualy paralyes me and something or another comes by to finish me off.

As for the grinding thing...thank god. I dare not grind things as is because I've lost three light bulbs that way on the third grind...none where cheap to make/get. And I would be all for reworking the sythn %s I just never could figure out HOW a halarod (with an insanly lopw drop %) that needs super rare materials (all of them being the best possible crafting materials) could at best be made with a 30% chance of sucess.

All_Beagle
Apr 18, 2007, 12:38 PM
Maybe when it comes down to it, I just miss the item-drop techniques of the original game. In PSO, I'd play areas over and over and whenever you'd see that red box it was like OMG and you'd all run over to see what it is. That excitement just isn't there for me in PSU. I know there are a few rare weapon drops but I've never found one and don't expect too. I'm sure I'll find a rare board eventually, and then I'll have to find an ungodly amount of items to make it, and then I have to make it with a ridiculously low synth success rate.

Itsuki
Apr 18, 2007, 12:55 PM
On 2007-04-17 20:22, All_Beagle wrote:
With the expansion, it finally looks like they will be fixing some (in my opinion) awful issues with the game. For instance, as simple as it may seem, the death penalty change (no more losing S-Rank by simply dying without a scapedoll) will be huge for myself and my friends since we are more laid back and don't want to mess up other people's S-Rank.
This was actually a CHANGE from the original system to fix issues with missions being TIMED. I don't think any of your except parn remember the original beta, where only high level people kept moon atomizers, there was no death penalty, but one person dying could mess up your time horribly. Back when people didn't even look twice at boxes becaues even considering breaking them could ruin your S-rank.

The other positive change is with the synthesis success rates. Right now, I've only read about having 100% for room decorations, but I'm crossing my fingers that means at least they're looking at success rates for weapons and such too.
The low success rate on synthing was actually a response to a bug in the game. They don't appear to be raising the synth rate, but the synth rate of high star weapons (which are only 1 use) is already pretty high (75% on 10* weapons). They did fix the elemental percents though. So that you get higher percents more often. But again, this is just because the original inflation ON THE JAPANESE SERVERS of high percent weapons/armor has already gone away.

jayster
Apr 18, 2007, 01:20 PM
This expansion to me is like expanding your house. Isn't necessary but it'll be nice.

CyarVictor
Apr 18, 2007, 01:23 PM
Wekk, it'll keep things interesting and new. Like how many mmorpgs are. If not, then it would get dull unless it's a privately hsted server like those on neverwinterNights 1 and2

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 18, 2007, 02:27 PM
Well, there's only one PSO thing I want to return, a certain weapon but I'll keep that out of this topic. The less hardcore this game is, the better I say. I hope meseta becomes more accessible [yes, I was a bit happy that haxeta started coming into circulation] because again, more money = more people would wanna do hard stuff. With so little money in the economy, and NPCs selling items for so high[unless people start selling them for only 1 meseta more than what NPC buy from you], people will also be all "FORCE HEAL ME!!" because a Force's resta is less expensive than using a trimate or something.

Helly
Apr 18, 2007, 03:59 PM
Ya know what changes are really needed?

New characters should start off with 200 mesata - enough to change their darn type at the start should they wish to do so. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Also the mini-map radar thingy needs to include "B1" "B2" "B3" or "B4" somewhere on it cause I can't remember how many times me and many other players have forgotten what block we're in!

Zorafim
Apr 18, 2007, 04:22 PM
I don't understand why nobody wants PSO in PSU. Isn't it expected of a series to have some references to the older games?
Imagine FF games, which get most their abilities, monsters, and jobs from previous games. No matter how different the area is, you still say "Oh shit a Marbol!" They make a totally new level up system each game, yet you can still make character builds that you liked from older ones.
Star Trek kept most of the races of old series in new ones, along with some similar theme. I shouldn't touch upon a show I don't watch, but I don't see anyone saying "Why does this have Clingons? The last show already had them!"

What's wrong with a few references from the past series? If you want a new game, why not play one without the Phantasy Star title?

PJ
Apr 18, 2007, 04:41 PM
References are nice and fun.

The PSO Forest stage and costumes? Hmmm

Helly
Apr 18, 2007, 04:47 PM
If they are putting PSO in PSU they better go the whole way. Sometime in 2005 I completely swore off ever playing Forest (and eventually Ep1 as a whole) ever again and I may just carry that over to AoI's Forest. Put in my beloved Temple, CCA, Seabed! Also those sweet looking Ep4 places I never got to play!

Zorafim
Apr 18, 2007, 04:48 PM
I never heard anyone complain about Spaceship. Since PSO had considerably less stages than PSI-IV combined, I don't think 5% of PSO's stages is too big of a deal compared to what we currently have..

Helly
Apr 18, 2007, 05:11 PM
On 2007-04-18 14:48, Zorafim wrote:
I never heard anyone complain about Spaceship.

I love Spaceships boss and level scenery and stuff. The enemy selection was a snore. I'd still play it though.

Zorafim
Apr 18, 2007, 05:16 PM
It's also heavily based on the general look of many PSII levels, and most of the music consists of remixed PSI-IV music. Same with temple. Yet, I've heard many compliments about it that I doubt anyone complained about it being so based on the original series.

PJ
Apr 18, 2007, 05:20 PM
Even when PSO was good, Temple sucked. Spaceship's cool though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zorafim
Apr 18, 2007, 05:21 PM
I don't really see how PSO can get worse if nothing's changed >.>

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 18, 2007, 05:21 PM
Please Sega, just bring back some weapons. You know, like I dunno, Sange & Yasha? Well, Jizai definitely won't work since one sword is dark and the other fire. Lavis weapons would be cool too, they'll prolly be like dark elemental or something. Oh yeah, some red weapons too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PJ
Apr 18, 2007, 05:23 PM
It's worse in comparison. That's how it can get worse.

Zorafim
Apr 18, 2007, 05:30 PM
Funny thing, I've never seen a game get worse in comparison, only better.
Maybe I just have a taste for old games.

I don't see it necessary to bring back old weapons, but weapons based on the style of older weapons I don't mind. Twin katanas wouldn't be bad, but twin katanas named Sange Yasha would be overkill. However, things like Chainsawd and Heaven's Punisher just had to be done.

Nai_Calus
Apr 18, 2007, 05:44 PM
The thing with Star Trek is that the different series are unarguably linked. Same universe, same federation of planets, only the era or location changes.

And references are one thing. "Oh, cool, that claw looks like the one Rika has on the box art for PSIV!" When you're dressed like a HUmar running around with a Sato in a recreation of Ult Forest 2 with Pioneer 2 floating in orbit overhead and you're not in fucking PSO, that's a problem. PSO's references to PS recalled the series, they didn't duplicate it in any way. PSU's references to PS and now PSO are hamfisted and overbearing. Oh look, a space pirate named Tylor instead of a space pirate named Tyler. Oh look, wait, what game is this again?

And I detest spaceship. Even the music, despite loving most of the PS tracks it's remixed from, it's not a good remix. Always hated spaceship's music, but the actual tracks? Love 'em. PSO just used them badly. Also hate the monster mix and the boss.

Temple, on the other hand... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 I loves me some VR Temple, 'specially Beta. And it has Lillies. I love killing Lillies. Little bastards. And awesome music that's redone well. And that lovely sunset in Beta. Oh yeah. <3 <3 <3

PJ
Apr 18, 2007, 05:46 PM
I think we've been over this since back in the PSO days Ian.

You gots the Temple, and I gots the Spaceship http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zorafim
Apr 18, 2007, 06:00 PM
I can't really argue with anything you said. I'd really much rather have things based on what's already been done or having hard to get alternative items based on famous weapons used by popular characters than having easy to get items that people kind of liked as an easy alternative.

Having a PSO stage isn't too bad, since it's only one stage out of the many we already have, and the series does kind of owe alot to that stage (unless it becomes a hotspot). A few weapons here and there aren't bad if the weapons were unique in the first place, as long as too many aren't thrown in (one per weapon type gained through a different way than normal weapons at most wouldn't be bad). The outfits are a bit less forgivable, especially if they don't match clothing already added, though I would forgive something based on their design (for instance, the RAcaseal outfit wasn't thrown in too hastily).

I'm rather a fan of nostalgia and familiarity, though I do admit that making the same game continuously is kind of pushing it.
Erm, wait, what was this topic about again?

Rashiid
Apr 18, 2007, 06:08 PM
On 2007-04-18 06:07, Parn wrote:
I still don't get why people think they're trying to make PSU, PSO.

excatally. they changed that letter for a reason. if they wanted PSO again, it would have been Phantasy Star Online: Universe v. 1.0

Revolt2origin
Apr 19, 2007, 12:50 AM
On 2007-04-17 20:22, All_Beagle wrote:
With the expansion, it finally looks like they will be fixing some (in my opinion) awful issues with the game. For instance, as simple as it may seem, the death penalty change (no more losing S-Rank by simply dying without a scapedoll) will be huge for myself and my friends since we are more laid back and don't want to mess up other people's S-Rank. I have a level 57 fortetecher and only have played S a couple dozen times because of jerks online that stress way too much over those mission points. It's especially a pain for me since I die in pretty much two hits from the "tougher" enemies.

The other positive change is with the synthesis success rates. Right now, I've only read about having 100% for room decorations, but I'm crossing my fingers that means at least they're looking at success rates for weapons and such too. Unfortunately, recently the high failure rate has caused the guy I play with mostly to sort of stop playing. He hasn't cancelled yet, but he's only played once in the last 2-3 weeks. After finally getting his PM to level 100 (all striking) he went to make 13 melee weapons, all with 50% success rate or higher, and failed on 11 of the 13. Needless to say he wasn't very happy and it just may have killed the game for him.

Has there been any hint as to when the expansion is coming stateside? I saw someone had posted December, but I have no idea where people are getting this info from. That's a long a time to wait though if that's the case. I'm on the 360 and I guess it's probably worse with all the competition coming out by the end of the year.

P.S. As much as I hate to say it, it almost seems like we've been beta testing the game this whole time. And now that they're finally going to make these changes, let's hope it isn't too late.

P.S. P.S. You think they'll implement some of these changes prior to the expansion's release?

Why so long is a very good question. I'm sure a lot of people within a week of playing wondered why upgrading a weapon has to be so harsh and why Moon Atomizers are even in the game at all.

I fondly remember in PSO playing as HUcast/RAcast, running around in boss battles picking up Moons that my friends would drop. I remember it was even funny when someone was revived, just for them to be knocked out seconds later.

Currently though - not so funny. And the reasons why, are some of the same reasons why PSO had a more social environment than PSU does.

I don't stress too much, but a friend of mine stresses a lot if someone dies in his parties. I once played with him when someone died and was revived just for them to die again... He wasn't too happy to say the least.
Me though, I'm just one of the many people that will leave a party (usually after a mission) if someone dies. Maybe if this had been different from the start, I'd be some sort of angel player, always carrying max Moons, saving S rank and making friends in the process...

I have two alternates in the 35 level area, I've tried to party with people, but I've found if I want to level in class, I have to solo.

On 2007-04-18 10:38, All_Beagle wrote:
Maybe when it comes down to it, I just miss the item-drop techniques of the original game. In PSO, I'd play areas over and over and whenever you'd see that red box it was like OMG and you'd all run over to see what it is. That excitement just isn't there for me in PSU. I know there are a few rare weapon drops but I've never found one and don't expect too. I'm sure I'll find a rare board eventually, and then I'll have to find an ungodly amount of items to make it, and then I have to make it with a ridiculously low synth success rate.

I've found rares. Such as 9 star Buccaneer's with zero element and Boards for nearly every Crea weapon except the doubles... Sorry did I say rares? I meant garbage.

On the topic of Synthesis. This issue alone makes me want to play other games. I have a pure striking PM, but it doesn't help much, given I've failed so many Mêlée weapons. The failing though isn't really the demoralising thing. It's when I eg make two out of six (which is a good day) and the two have 10% and 12% element. That's just a slap in the face... And even if I did manage to make an A rank with a high element, there's always the other elements to make next.

If I continue playing for much longer I'll have to change my level 79 male Beast main into a Fortegunner and turn my striking PM into a ranged one. At least then when I succeed, I'll really succeed.

I also have a pure Armour PM... And well, I'm just happy if I get anything with that.

When I first bought a 360 I thought about getting FFXI for it, but the more I looked into it, the more it seemed like a job rather than a game. So I waited for PSU, thinking it would be as casual and social as the old PSO... But it isn't.
I haven't cancelled yet, but with future games such as Two Worlds (RPG with free online play) and Age of Conan (MMO which appears to have a very sophisticated and rewarding way of crafting items)...
I really can't see me playing this as long as I did PSO.