PDA

View Full Version : Sign here if ur main is a Ranger...:P

Cz
Apr 18, 2007, 01:01 PM
just wondering how many PSU players out there play the role of ranger. My main, Bunny, is an amazing ranger and can do some insanely damage with her xbow. When i started playing PSU since its first released, the ranger class was really wasnt exciting and look down from other classes. Now, the time has change and we can do quite some damage and bring a world of hurt to flying enemies and inflict SE 4 to bigger enemies.

Tell me how it is like right now to play as a ranger class because i really enjoy that class more than my other classes at the moment. At this rate, my ranger will probably hit level 80 before my FO...lol. Discuss any opinions and how much u like the ranger class here. Thnx! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Libram
Apr 18, 2007, 01:22 PM
She's not my main, but I do love my ranger. Problem is I tend not to use her lately because she's starting to grow faster than the other characters, which is odd because a female human fortegunner is probably my worst combo out of the bunch.

Ithildin
Apr 18, 2007, 01:24 PM
Well yeah, Fortegunner yeah. Ithildin, lv 58. Its the only character I use and tbh will probably ever use.

pikachief
Apr 18, 2007, 01:25 PM
my main is and no amount of slicers and whips and madoogs will change it to anything else!!

except when S rank crossbows come out i'll be switching back and forth a bit ^.^ (but thats y i got the guntecher to 10 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

Kuya
Apr 18, 2007, 01:29 PM
Newman Fortegunner here from day one! I don't have much time to play so I'm only 63/5 but no big deal, I'm still enjoying myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I will be making an alt however for slicer use only XD

chibiLegolas
Apr 18, 2007, 01:30 PM
Some ranger luv'n? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
My main's a Caseal lvl 70 GT 10, and I've been love'n it.
I was wasn't so sure about being a ranger again in PSU since I find being a ranger in PSO was pretty boring and straight forward. Point and shoot.

The whole idea of earning basic classes requirements for expert classes was a great idea to help out ppl gett'n the feel on each class.
And throughout my RA/FO carrier, I fell in love with the mobility of pistol + saber or wand playstyle. (I must be the only one who has a pistol BA to 30 cause of this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )
And GT specializes in offhand guns? I'm sold! Crossbows are my life blood as well!

Rifles are fun since it's so quick to fire and FPM helps spread out SE when I feel lazy or wanna be safe. Maylee Prism and Maylee Fury are fun to throw some mobs around. Cards are great to watch 'n hit. Duallies are fun too. but my right hand feels weird holding a gun.
lol.

Just got killer shot. So I'm gonna enjoy fighting robots now! Leveling it up tho is gonna be a pain....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-04-18 11:34 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Apr 18, 2007, 01:30 PM
My ALT is a ranger.

MUHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ashley50
Apr 18, 2007, 01:36 PM
ahhh...Rangers. i really love being a ranger ever since it came out. Even though I was entirely new to PSu (I never played ANY of teh past PS games) the term "Ranger" got me hooked up sicne i like guns =p.

This class is a "Relaxing" class since you stand a few hundred meters from Battle armed with the Ranger's Signature weapon, The Rifle.
Inflicting SEs left and right and supporting fellow hunters by freezing/Shocking/Burning/etc mobs.

We take down Flying monsters back to the ground for easy kills.

The class that can use a full set of traps besides the protranser which makes us a valuable ally for those large targets.

Burning/Infecting tengohs, jarbas and other Melee resistant monster which lessens the time to eliminate them.

i use grenade Launchers to control/interrupt a lagre group of mobs or to stun large enemies from their attack.

Shotguns for up and close encounters if I/we wanna do serious damage in 1 hit.

CyarVictor
Apr 18, 2007, 01:37 PM
Cast Fortegunner as my main job with a side of guntecher for S duals/machinegun. I love rifles, laser cannons, and grenade launchers more than all other ranged weapons, especially the mayalee prism and grenade launcher. I'll drop Virus G's and regular virus traps for the big ones. Currently using ice, dark, and fire shot for rifles, mayalee prism for laser, and riga and megiga for grenade launchers. I also sport two sets of dualies and two sets of beam vulcanics for frozen fury/mayalee fury. mayalee fury is mainly used on big bipeds like bil de vears, jarbas, and rainbow beast. Gotta walk the dogs when they bark.
I'm slowly switching many of the unuse skill PA's towards bullets since originally a fF, but keeping a few.

Nothing beats pinning enemies from far away and little retaliation. Don't get close or else the grenades will fly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-04-18 11:37 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 18, 2007, 01:43 PM
I have 2 rangers and 2 hunters, no forces though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VanHalen
Apr 18, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-04-18 11:30, omegapirate2k wrote:
My ALT is a ranger.

MUHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Turambar
Apr 18, 2007, 02:53 PM
I'm probably one of the few fortegunners that don't capitalize on a shotty in PSU. As amazing as the PP efficiency is, rate of fire is just too low for my taste....

Yuicihi
Apr 18, 2007, 02:56 PM
Yup.
Quite odd, since I happen to solo 90% of the time...

Lykos
Apr 18, 2007, 03:04 PM
I'm trying out Fighgunner right now, but I've been a Ranger/Fortegunner 70% of my time on PSU.

CelestialBlade
Apr 18, 2007, 03:10 PM
My Guntecher stole the title of main from my Fortefighter, she's so much fun to use. And Burn 4 is ownage.

amtalx
Apr 18, 2007, 03:12 PM
On 2007-04-18 12:53, Turambar wrote:
I'm probably one of the few fortegunners that don't capitalize on a shotty in PSU. As amazing as the PP efficiency is, rate of fire is just too low for my taste....

That's what I said until I realized it does far more damage than any other weapon in a fGs arsenal. It doesnt take long to get a bullet to 21. Buy the ice bullet and you'll thank yourself later.

biggabertha
Apr 18, 2007, 03:13 PM
Do Protransers count? I like the status inflicting part that a Protranser fills out in a team if there are no imeediate RAs about. That or acting like the HARDEST RA running around with a Shotgun putting Burn/Freeze/Shock/Silence/Confuse/Virus on the things that need it then switching over to an Axe, Sword, Knuckles or Spear when enemies surround me then SPIN FOR THE WIN!!

Got to admit though, Bow and Grenade Launchers really have their uses. Bows for a semi-rifle type of approach (bringing down flying enemies/bosses) and the Grenade Launcehr come VERY useful when faced against those blasted shielded S or S2 Vandas that can't be SE'd. Pushing a whole group of them into a corner is SO satisfying while your team PUMMELS them with normal attacks. (No Tornado Dance please!!!)

Itchee
Apr 18, 2007, 03:49 PM
Yes.
Shooty guns FTW.

ShadowTH1000
Apr 18, 2007, 04:13 PM
I'm a ranger yay!

DikkyRay
Apr 18, 2007, 04:58 PM
I was a ranger.
then i played story mode and found out how much Hunters pwn.
I'll go back once i find like, S ranks and shiz

Aobikari
Apr 18, 2007, 05:33 PM
I was a ranger in PSO and Im a ranger now, that will never change. I got to say that after trying all the other jobs i missed my ranger, using traps and my SE4 rifles. And lets not forget my granade launchers, the best boss and mass mob killer in my arsenal.

Kaloa
Apr 18, 2007, 05:37 PM
I have a guntecher, but I might make a fortegunner later on. I chose GT for twin handguns and my curiousity of xbows, but I'd like to be able to experiment with some of the fortegunners weaponry later on. Plus, my boyfriend has one and it kicks major butt!

Sol-Edge
Apr 18, 2007, 05:39 PM
I'm a Beast ForteGunner and I absolutely love this class. Crossbows simply destroy everything, I have access to 2 of my fave weps(spear and dagger), All traps, Grenade launcher, Laser, duel guns, Handgun and last but not least Killer Shot!

All this class really needs now is S rank single dagger and access to single claws... >.>

Rashiid
Apr 18, 2007, 05:41 PM
is a 2nd character as a guntech ok?
(i wont say alt, since i play both BulletMaster and Kandii equally, just made one earlier)

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 18, 2007, 05:52 PM
Fortegunner! When someone asks who's a hunter, I say I pretend to be one. I'm usually doing straight-up damage with a shotgun or crossbow. ("Close" is a range too!) Herding shit with Mayalee Prism or a grenade launcher (which happens to double as good damage on some enemies), yeah I'll do that. Status effects? I can just set traps and switch to shotguns or grenades. Plus the mobility from the lighter gun/saber combo lets me try and keep the enemy on ME while I dodge their attacks (if I'm playing hard..usually I don't).

And then there's Protranser...does that still count as ranger? (What, it's missing rifles? Who needs 'em?)

Siertes
Apr 18, 2007, 05:59 PM
Fortegunner here.

Give S Rank Twin Handguns now, SEGA!!!!

Chaobo99
Apr 18, 2007, 06:04 PM
Newman fortegunner! Just as strong and unhittable!

norrisj15
Apr 18, 2007, 06:22 PM
does protranser count? if so well i have lv10 fortegunner anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Weeaboolits
Apr 18, 2007, 06:37 PM
I was a hunter in PSO, then I was a ranger, then a force, then a hunter again, then in PSU I found that I could switch whenever I want, but they had broken my beloved Zonde, RAzonde just isn't the same, but it'll have to do... Now I forgot what my point was...

Poignantswine
Apr 18, 2007, 06:39 PM
That would be me. Ranger to Fortegunner. I'm heavily considering Guntecher though.

Mio
Apr 18, 2007, 07:10 PM
My main is a caseal Fortegunner.

I do impressive damage, I have a lot of weapon speciality, loving the difference between ranged weapons, using the "right weapon" at the "right moment".

I tried playing all classes. Hunters being the most boring ( go in the middle of a crowd and spam PAs, not very exciting ), Forces being the in between and Ranger being the most fun.

#Lot of action
#Attack Speed ( means since I have the best rate of fire/attack speed of the game I have to focus a lot on the game )
#Lot of options ( Ranger weapons are definitely special for every situation )
#Status Effect ( Not only raw damage, also Status Effect to help myself or the party i'm with )
#High Damages ( Nothing beat a machinegun against single target or a grenade launcher against a de ragan )
#Traps ( The Fun.. )

Criss
Apr 18, 2007, 07:40 PM
I am a ranger player essentially. I started out with Liva, my Caseal Fortegunner, but kinda gave up on her after falling in love with my Beast Guntecher. As a beast, she has insane damage with cards, xbows and machineguns, can nanoblast, and the ATA penalty is negligible considering the class' good ATA mod and Zodial self-casting. Plus I can resta, reverser, buff/debuff, and lay traps around. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm also recycling my old Fortegunner into protranser, so I'm not quite losing the "ranger" style on her either.

Turambar
Apr 18, 2007, 08:23 PM
On 2007-04-18 15:59, Siertes wrote:
Fortegunner here.

Give S Rank Twin Handguns now, SEGA!!!!

Wait, I thought Fortegunners can't use S-Rank twin handguns o.O

Retehi
Apr 18, 2007, 08:26 PM
Human Fortegunner 100% of the time. Always have, and always will.

Siertes
Apr 18, 2007, 08:45 PM
On 2007-04-18 18:23, Turambar wrote:

Wait, I thought Fortegunners can't use S-Rank twin handguns o.O

They can't and I want SEGA to give us the ability to.

Raysa
Apr 18, 2007, 11:25 PM
Hey I'll let you use Twin Handguns if you give me Rifles. D: Nice trade off http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Siertes
Apr 19, 2007, 01:15 AM
On 2007-04-18 21:25, Raysa wrote:
Hey I'll let you use Twin Handguns if you give me Rifles. D: Nice trade off http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hey! That isn't nice at all! You can have S Rank Shotguns or Laser Cannons. I don't use those.

Zio
Apr 19, 2007, 03:06 AM
Signed. Although I am messing around with the fortefighter and fighgunner classes as well.

fireant
Apr 19, 2007, 07:04 AM
On 2007-04-18 16:04, Chaobo99 wrote:
Newman fortegunner! Just as strong and unhittable!

Newmanguntecher just like above just and strong and unhittable:)

RadiantLegend
Apr 19, 2007, 07:16 AM
I have 2 mains "gasp"

One of them is a fortegunner.