PDA

View Full Version : A couple of beginner's questions...

WhyteTyger
Apr 18, 2007, 03:18 PM
....so I just began playing in Network Mode. So far, so good, but there are a few things I'm finding myself wondering about that I knew you knowledgable folks would know about.

My main is a CAST. I tried to make my ExtraMode CAST a wartecher, but he was pretty much abysmal at gaining the necessary stats to wield the nice wands/rods. I assume the same will be true in Network Mode? I just want to be able to heal myself and those around me, though I may want to be an Acrotecher when that becomes available (mostly I just want faster daggers).

I did the first mission in the Hive with Spider the other night, and though it was hard, we got through the whole thing without anyone dying, and scored a good bit of Mission points. I went back and redid the level once I acquired Laia's partner card, with her and Lou, and we got our robotic butts handed to us. The primary factor was that in my run with Spider, we didn't run into a single one of the mage types (I forget their name), and so we didn't have too many problems. But I ran into about 8 spawns of them while with my AI controlled ones, and I wonder if that was intentional? Will I run into more/tougher monsters the more characters in the party? Or maybe just for having the AI ones?

I know I had more questions, but of course I forgot to write them down and now they have eluded me. I'll add them to this post if I should remember any.

Schubalts
Apr 18, 2007, 03:23 PM
Extra Mode stats are extremely exaggerated. A CAST will have no wand problems online. Just don't expect to have a Resta as strong as other races.

Monster spawns are random. The size of your party does not affect them.

WhyteTyger
Apr 18, 2007, 03:33 PM
That is (mostly) excellent news on both accounts! Many thanks friend Newman!

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 18, 2007, 03:47 PM
I'd like to comment that any Cast using Techs is, by its very nature, a challenge character. In fact, Casts are ideal as Fortegunners, and the Wartecher is at the precise opposite of the scale, so in theory, that should be the hardest class for a cast to play; like a Newman Figunner or a Beast Guntecher. So long as you're aware of this, I say have fun. You're in for some challenging battles, and I look forward to learning of the strategies you develop as a result.

DEM_CIG
Apr 18, 2007, 04:02 PM
On 2007-04-18 13:47, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I'd like to comment that any Cast using Techs is, by its very nature, a challenge character. In fact, Casts are ideal as Fortegunners, and the Wartecher is at the precise opposite of the scale, so in theory, that should be the hardest class for a cast to play; like a Newman Figunner or a Beast Guntecher. So long as you're aware of this, I say have fun. You're in for some challenging battles, and I look forward to learning of the strategies you develop as a result.

What she said...

WhyteTyger
Apr 18, 2007, 06:37 PM
What are these 'strategies' you speak of? Mostly I just hit things until they stop hitting back. The good news is that if I do find the Force and then the wartecher classes too difficult, I can always switch back.

Kimil
Apr 18, 2007, 06:45 PM
I'd like to note:
-Nothing wrong with Beast Guntechers - (lol ata is fixed by class ata. infact, they are capable of doing good damage while applying SE and in AOI they'll be good at support too)
-Nothing wrong with Newm Figunners - (Consider them to be a ninja/rogue ish class)
-Nothing wrong with Cast Wartechers - (Class ata fixed by race ata. for those who hate eva, cast eva fixes this. Support techs at good potential, melee is still good and so are bows and cards.)
( I've tried them all)

I've only found:
-beast Fortechers suck at everything but support, which is just fine. ( too low ATA to use cards/bows, too lol tp to nuke, too low class-melee to do that well either )
-Newm Protransers... bad idea all round here.

DurakkenX
Apr 18, 2007, 07:27 PM
it would be nice if you guys actually, you know, answered his questions v.v

CASTs as techers will are about 1/4 as effective as a Newman techer. Considering that they have the worst MST and TP they will attain the same weapons 5-15 lvls later in most cases. The good news though is that they have highest HP/DFP which means they can do a lot more of the down and dirty healing/buffing/debuffing stuff quite a bit easier than most other races and have much stronger physical side weapons of their weapons.

The best suggestion for you on this is mainly lvl your buffs/debuffs and heals...cap all your striking skills and bullet skills...and then work on ay of those nifty flash technics you like. CAST techers are basically field medics where as most other techer would be hospital doctors. They may not be as efficient but they get the job done in hard to get to places.

A good example of CAST techer use is when a CAST/beast uses their SUV/nanoblast they lose all their buffs. Instead of putting that Newman techer right up in the mobs face to recast it where he'll prolly be more susceptable to dieing and your taking away from overall damage, make the CAST techer get there and recast it on them. Then later the newman techer can recast it when everyone's buffs are gone.

As far as mob spawns...they are semi random with about i think 16 different map variations or is it 32? It has nothing to do with anything as far as known...and the best way to deal with gaozorans is A) run and gun, or B) flip em with saber... the former is safer than the latter in my opinion.when you are soloing, but for team play flipping them is often better.

WhyteTyger
Apr 19, 2007, 03:06 PM
I apreciate everyone's advice, even if it did inevitably evolve into a debate about what class/race combinations are better (my fault really). I do appreciate your answers Dura, since that was pretty much exactly what I had in mind. I'm not one much for 'nuking', but if I can buff myself or my companions and can bring back our health when necessary, all the better. Thank you all once again,

-WT

NPCMook
Apr 19, 2007, 03:24 PM
I say play whatever you want, so what if you don't deal the OMGWTFBBQSauce damage other races in that type do, play the way you feel comfortible