PDA

View Full Version : does pm bombing still exist?

DikkyRay
Apr 18, 2007, 06:19 PM
im pretty sure it has.

HandOfThornz
Apr 18, 2007, 06:19 PM
im thinking of taking a break from psu,(2-3months ish)

i would like to leave my shop/room unlocked , so when i come back hopefully some bits have sold in my shop. so i will have some money to play with.(im broke at the mo.,lol)

just wondered is this a bad idea to do? has the room hacking(pm bombing,items stolen,etc..)been stopped?
should i lock my room when not on psu for the break im taking?

thanx in advance for any help! =)

Nia
Apr 18, 2007, 06:21 PM
havent heard of it happening in months. on a side note, locking ur room really doesnt mean anything. i locked my shop so guild members could come and buy cheap A ranks and photons etc just to have 6 ppl manage to slip in and snag all of em :/

DikkyRay
Apr 18, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-04-18 16:21, Nia wrote:
havent heard of it happening in months. on a side note, locking ur room really doesnt mean anything. i locked my shop so guild members could come and buy cheap A ranks and photons etc just to have 6 ppl manage to slip in and snag all of em :/

Well, it does. Most of the time it lets players know "Hey i dont want you here"
but i'll admit, if it is written "Everything is 10 mseta here!" (i saw a room like that!)
I would totally try and break in

Nia
Apr 18, 2007, 06:26 PM
actually one of the ppl that got in was on my PC list so i mailed him and he said it never even came up w/ the PW screen so he sold me the items back so im pretty sure there is a glitch that will allow you to slip in past the PW screen

SolomonGrundy
Apr 18, 2007, 06:26 PM
On 2007-04-18 16:24, DikkyRay wrote:

but i'll admit, if it is written "Everything is 10 mseta here!" (i saw a room like that!)

what an assinine thing to say/think.
EDIT: then again, locking a room with a ad like that is also pretty lame.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-04-18 16:27 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Apr 18, 2007, 06:30 PM
On 2007-04-18 16:26, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-04-18 16:24, DikkyRay wrote:

what an assinine thing to say/think.
EDIT: then again, locking a room with a ad like that is also pretty lame.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-04-18 16:27 ]</font>

Hey, not my fault. I told my friends and then they (jokingly) were like, "Lets all go and break in! We'll divide the spoils!"
We didnt of course, but if i had the time, i would break in and get that stuff. (not that it was prbably anything good, i searched for a crappy thing anyway)

Nia
Apr 18, 2007, 06:32 PM
wow that is just horrible... YAY LETS ROB PLAYERS! sigh.... hopefully it happens to you and ull have a chance of changing ur outlook and MAYBE become a decent human being.... "probobly"

natewifi
Apr 18, 2007, 06:36 PM
Nia, that was the realist comment i've heard today.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-04-18 16:38 ]</font>

HandOfThornz
Apr 18, 2007, 06:57 PM
so pming bombing,etc... still is happening from whats been said above...shame =(

i didnt think that the pw for room could be hacked, but if you can hack a pm or steal items i guess figureing out how to get round the room pw is easy! lol.

thanx for replies/help =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HandOfThornz on 2007-04-18 17:03 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Apr 18, 2007, 07:05 PM
lol ima realist
Ok, who the hell would be stupid enough to say "Hey! Everything is 10 meseta! But its locked :3"
its freakin asking to be robbed.
Besides, it ouldnt be "mean" I'd just break in and buy stuff i need. Ok eff that it would be mean.
But it wouls wake that person up.

XDeviousX
Apr 18, 2007, 07:23 PM
On 2007-04-18 16:57, HandOfThornz wrote:
so pming bombing,etc... still is happening from whats been said above...shame =(

i didnt think that the pw for room could be hacked, but if you can hack a pm or steal items i guess figureing out how to get round the room pw is easy! lol.

thanx for replies/help =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HandOfThornz on 2007-04-18 17:03 ]</font>

PM bombing is fixed but anyone can gues a 4 digit number only password with enough time esp since most people use the same pw over and over... If you party with a player and they lock it and you visit their room you can probably gues that the lock is the same as their party password they used earlier... I notice my partners use their room pass as game passwords, but I have no need to break into other people's rooms especially since they gave me their room passwords...

Neith
Apr 18, 2007, 07:25 PM
You can guess a 4-digit password very fast. Someone bored/harsh enough to do it will.

By advertising stuff at 10 meseta, then locking your shop, you pretty much invited people in. Sorry for your losses, but if you wanted to store items in your shop as storage, price them at 99mil, not 10 meseta..

Mikura
Apr 18, 2007, 07:33 PM
Agreed...putting items in for 10 meseta is just asking for it. Btw, I haven't heard anything about PM bombing anymore but...I did have a friend about 3 weeks ago have all of her holiday decors stolen from her room. I don't know how many people can actually do that but if stealing decorations is possible, I don't see why PM bombing couldn't be either.

At the same time, unless you rub someone the wrong way that happens to cheat, I don't see it happening to you or anyone else for that matter unless they're bored. >_>

Regardless, I always set up shop on a character that has a lvl 1 PM to be safe. But really, you're probably safe from getting PM bombed since it's a pretty rare occurence now.

AL1ST0R
Apr 18, 2007, 07:38 PM
No nuff said your safe have fun on your vacation from psu

DikkyRay
Apr 18, 2007, 07:41 PM
On 2007-04-18 17:38, AL1ST0R wrote:
No nuff said your safe have fun on your vacation from psu

lol.